Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread 23:58 - Jun 30 with 16135 viewsNed_Kennedys

Following our rousing success this evening it’s my pleasure to start the next match thread again as we stumble towards Euro success.

Foden and Saka out, Eze and Palmer in.
Centre midfield sorted after Mainoo’s decent performance.
Not sure about LB: stick with Trippier I guess?
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:49 - Jul 6 with 1056 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:37 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it's a good bit better, Ned, but I'm easily pleased after a glass of red.

No shots on target and nothing at all on the left. Again.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:50 - Jul 6 with 1038 viewspaulparker

What is the point of Trippier on the left ? You may as well stick a scarecrow out there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:50 - Jul 6 with 1041 viewsBklynRanger

The BBC pundits have to be under orders to be positive. Shearer, banished to the commentary box, seemed ready to kick off 10 mins ago - must have shown dissent in the morning meeting.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:50 - Jul 6 with 1029 viewsClive_Anderson

Thought we looked a lot better especially Saka. The Swiss have done absolutely nowt.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:51 - Jul 6 with 1021 viewssilverbirch

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:46 - Jul 6 by rbee

Whatever the tweaks it’s same old same old, passing it around and not getting anywhere. Switzerland will be happy.

Maybe Gareth will tweak it for the second half 😂

Big difference is we aren’t giving the ball away every 10 seconds
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:51 - Jul 6 with 1002 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:49 - Jul 6 by Ned_Kennedys

No shots on target and nothing at all on the left. Again.

Very true.

But Gloucs nailed it that it's solid but uninspiring. But it is solid. With more people looking comfortable in their roles. I didn't think that was true until today.
The right sub(s) could open this up now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:53 - Jul 6 with 958 viewsrbee

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:51 - Jul 6 by silverbirch

Big difference is we aren’t giving the ball away every 10 seconds

and still not troubling their keeper.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:56 - Jul 6 with 882 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Much better today. Swiss sticking everyone behind the ball, England look in control.
Foden so much better playing central.

Shame Southgate decided not to take a fit left back, madness.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:56 - Jul 6 with 875 viewshubble

I could not fcking believe it when I saw that Trippier was playing, on the left, again. Unfckingbelievable.

Gordon and Watkins second half and we win this. But no doubt Shitgate will stick with this until we either concede or someone is knackered.

We've got world class players and a conference league manager.
[Post edited 6 Jul 17:57]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:56 - Jul 6 with 876 viewssilverbirch

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:53 - Jul 6 by rbee

But it’s a lot better. Solid foundations to build on
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:58 - Jul 6 with 844 viewsPaddyhoops

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:53 - Jul 6 by rbee

England a lot better but a bit dull to watch in fairness.
Love to know what Pickfords trying to achieve with those long balls.
Achieved nothing .
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:58 - Jul 6 with 836 viewsted_hendrix

I'm on edge, I can't get over It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:59 - Jul 6 with 822 viewsGus_iom

The pundits enthusing over what, to me, is a performance well below what this set of players should be producing.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:00 - Jul 6 with 810 viewsstrikerace

If Kane's name wasn't Kane he would be on the bench. We need a lot more movement up front, it is not a mystery why we look much more dangerous when Watkins or Toney were in
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:10 - Jul 6 with 737 viewsjohnhoop

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:00 - Jul 6 by strikerace

If Kane's name wasn't Kane he would be on the bench. We need a lot more movement up front, it is not a mystery why we look much more dangerous when Watkins or Toney were in

Quickly becoming England’s version of Ronaldo.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:10 - Jul 6 with 735 viewsNed_Kennedys

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:56 - Jul 6 by silverbirch

But it’s a lot better. Solid foundations to build on

It’s not a lot better: it’s less sh1t.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:15 - Jul 6 with 714 viewsrbee

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:10 - Jul 6 by Ned_Kennedys

It’s not a lot better: it’s less sh1t.

and exactly what the Swiss were expecting.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:21 - Jul 6 with 649 viewsBluce_Ree

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 17:41 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

What's that story, Bluce?

IIRC we were playing Hudds away and we had a corner and Macca told Dichio to get out of the way and scored a header for us.

Foot proper off the gas this half. If we had played like this in the first half, the knives would be out for Gareth.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:28 - Jul 6 with 588 viewsDiscodroids

Foden about as effective as a leather lace up condom.

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:29 - Jul 6 with 585 viewsLimehouseR

Seriously I have tried really hard to be patient and excepting that international football is a lot more tetchy and more at risk per game but I'm so bored of this now. All those talented players and we can barely have a shot let alone score a goal. Just gamble and try some quicker and more forward passes. If you lose the ball in their third then so what, they haven't looked amazing going forward either.
Really want to get behind the team but it is so dull and uninspiring.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:31 - Jul 6 with 563 viewsted_hendrix

We are no threat at all.

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:31 - Jul 6 with 554 viewsRanger_Things

It has been coming. Hopefully this will be the kick up the arse they need.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:32 - Jul 6 with 544 viewsted_hendrix

You stupid Chunt It's been coming

England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:32 - Jul 6 with 540 viewsrbee

Bingo! 74 minutes of pussy footing about and we get the sucker punch.

Unbelieveable.
England v Switzerland Quarter Final match thread on 18:32 - Jul 6 with 534 viewspaulparker

By by s out gate

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024