Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 03:04 - Jul 6 with 38205 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sorry, I'm a little off the pace right now - what's the story with Chrissy?

Is he in Girona?

Moving to Newcastle for 10m or to Sunderland for a bag of sweets?

Knuckling down for a campaign when he and we cream the Champ?

Succinct updates please.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Willock on 23:02 - Jul 10 with 5000 viewsTonto

Goodbye yes, right decision yes, good riddance is a tad harsh IMO. But not as harsh as that penalty earlier tonight...
[Post edited 10 Jul 23:03]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Willock on 23:23 - Jul 10 with 4825 viewscolinallcars

As ever, we as humble fans don't know the ins and outs of Willock's tenure.
As the old saying goes - there's three sides to every story.
Willock on 23:47 - Jul 10 with 4758 viewsactonman

Tbf to him and to cut him a bit of slack .. had we not been relegation bound since snakey bailed last season and playing ainsball until marti rocked up , I don’t think I would have committed my future to league one either ?
Maybe it was a bad situation at the wrong time when we could have done with cashing in or him signing on to ensure we got some value out of him .. we will never know ?
Either way , we stuck by him and sure now we are safe and hopefully looking stable , to fcuk us off and join Cardiff who are no better or worse than us is a bit of a fcuk you
Willock on 00:03 - Jul 11 with 4710 viewsBoston

Willock on 22:57 - Jul 10 by Stanisgod

Don't they bring in 5 or 6 every season.

Crickey, 20-24 a year and surely that breaks transfer window rules!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Willock on 00:23 - Jul 11 with 4645 viewsqueensparker

Hard to know how to feel about this.

Just before he got injured clearly remember walking away from us winning away at Bristol
city under Warburton and he was superb.Strong, fast, fearless and full of goals. His best game for us among many good ones and at that point he looked like the next big transfer.

He’s never been the same player since he came back from that injury, by miles. Hard to know if it’s fear of another big layoff or if he’s simply not able to play like he used to, or if he’s just decided to dial it down ahead of a move. He was lethargic and rubbish.

No doubt Ainsworth treated him like shite, but maybe his attitude deserved it. The fact he finally played well in the tail end of last season after almost two years ahead of his contract running out doesn’t bode well either

If the only move he can get is Cardiff for a bit more money and he’s happy to go then bye bye Chrissy. Seems stupid for all parties but in Marti we trust
Willock on 00:56 - Jul 11 with 4573 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Meh. I would have been reasonably content had he decided to stay but equally I won't lose any sleep over him leaving.

Nourry's statement says it all really. I suspect Willock's move to Cardiff will turn out similar to Langley's.
Willock on 09:47 - Jul 11 with 4069 viewsterryb

I don't know, but I'm assuming that the club put a deadline on the date that he had to sign a new contract by. Not that I think there was any chance that he would sign what was on offer.

Will we miss him? Possibly, but not in the amount of games that would have warrented meeting his demands.

If he returns to LR to play against us, I will treat him in the same way as I do most ex Rangers players. Neither applaud or boo them. Exactly the same as for Manning.

I certainly won't be following his career with any interest. Or with malice either!
Willock on 09:56 - Jul 11 with 4007 viewsdmm

I doubt many if any will follow Willock's career. He's very much in the past now.

The contrast with Eze is stark. I can't remember an ex-Rangers' player who has continued to be so loved as Eze. And I most certainly include myself in that.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock on 10:09 - Jul 11 with 3921 viewshubble

Look, if Willock wants to be a pillock and die on the hillock of a few more quid in the land of Neil Kinnock, then let's wave him byebye, like an old Pukka pie, and fly him there in a Chinook.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Willock on 10:41 - Jul 11 with 3771 viewsfrancisbowles

The weekly wage may be a bit higher in Cardiff but as they don't have to pay any transfer fee or compensation, dad will probably have demanded a hefty signing on bonus. That may have clinched the deal.

His talent will be missed but in reality he's not consistent enough, fit enough, brave enough or strong enough for Marti's game.
We've all had enough of being messed about and more than enough of his dad.

We move on and can do better.

ENOUGH!
Willock on 10:48 - Jul 11 with 3726 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have been resigned to him going for over a year, so difficult to feel too much. Some regret that the player he was before the injuries seems to have disappeared other than in brief flashes. Find it hard to be too angry or cross about him, find most of the comments here to be quite harsh - I don't know him, nor does anyone else on here, so a lot of it is based on hearsay and conjecture (all coming from one side), so don't want to judge too much. I thought he was an important part of us changing gear last season, however much Marti had to micro-manage him.

I find Nourry's comments interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of what he's said there. Lacks a bit of class for me, and it's a bit performative for the fans rather than anything constructive. Some current players might look at that and think 'oh I wonder what subtle dig he might make when I'm gone?' Bit unnecessary for me, even if the sentiment for the club is the right one. Just wish him well and be done with it.

Cardiff an odd move for him, having said all that.

Bare bones.

Willock on 11:35 - Jul 11 with 3515 viewsStainrod

Willock on 10:48 - Jul 11 by Antti_Heinola

Have been resigned to him going for over a year, so difficult to feel too much. Some regret that the player he was before the injuries seems to have disappeared other than in brief flashes. Find it hard to be too angry or cross about him, find most of the comments here to be quite harsh - I don't know him, nor does anyone else on here, so a lot of it is based on hearsay and conjecture (all coming from one side), so don't want to judge too much. I thought he was an important part of us changing gear last season, however much Marti had to micro-manage him.

I find Nourry's comments interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of what he's said there. Lacks a bit of class for me, and it's a bit performative for the fans rather than anything constructive. Some current players might look at that and think 'oh I wonder what subtle dig he might make when I'm gone?' Bit unnecessary for me, even if the sentiment for the club is the right one. Just wish him well and be done with it.

Cardiff an odd move for him, having said all that.

Can't agree on the Nourry statement Antti. Its called setting the agenda, and Nourry has done it superbly. If he had said nothing (or something very bland) and left Cardiff to simply announce Willock as a prize capture it would have looked weak and probably pissed off a number of QPR fans. Think it was important to explain to fans - still within the bounds of diplomacy and not overtly slagging the player off - that we are not going to cave into unrealistic wage demands, or beg players to stay when they are not committed. For all we know Willock snr was using the QPR offer that had been on the table for god knows how long to engineer a better offer from Cardiff. By publicly announcing his departure it stopped the Willocks using and abusing us.

You might think such news management is cynical but it is crucial in any public facing organisation. Fans complain when they are kept in the dark and here was the CEO, in as clear terms as he possibly could, explaining his decision to stand firm.

Look at the result. Judging by message board reaction I would say 80/90% of fans seem sanguine about Willock going, and the mood remains one of quiet optimism. To me the management of this situation represents a huge improvement on the days when we behaved with something approaching battered wife syndrome, and we just took what we were given. It was that kind of weakness that led us to overpay Johansen and Austin. Think we are sending a message that we will no longer be taken for mugs. And if it means letting go of a former fan-favourite and developing a younger, cheaper alternative, lets try that. There are a lot of good players out there and we have an exciting project to sell to players with the right attitude.

Long overdue show of steel in my view and well done the club.
Willock on 12:39 - Jul 11 with 3238 viewsDavieQPR

Said all along he would struggle to find better. He's not as good as he and his family think. Cardiff, at the moment, are the Bookies favourite for relegation.
Willock on 13:08 - Jul 11 with 3149 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Was my favourite player so disappointed to see him going to a bang average club like Cardiff. Looked so good at times and Premier League quality, but clearly has been affected by injuries. Really like the way the club is being run now though - cut our losses and move on.
Willock on 13:10 - Jul 11 with 3132 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Willock on 12:39 - Jul 11 by DavieQPR

Said all along he would struggle to find better. He's not as good as he and his family think. Cardiff, at the moment, are the Bookies favourite for relegation.

Favourite for relegation? Where? Oxford, Plymouth, Derby surely must be shorter odds than Cardiff.
Willock on 13:39 - Jul 11 with 2983 viewsStJude82

Imagine him in 2 seasons time playing in Div 1 and getting kicked up in the air every week? I would expect him to find the safe haven of the physios couch double quick and for extended periods of time.
Willock on 13:54 - Jul 11 with 2914 viewshantssi

Willock on 22:41 - Jul 10 by MungoJezza

I am gutted that he's leaving. I loved watching him play, and do feel that we mismanaged hin at times. I can only presume that Cardiff offered him a little bit more money.
It all seems a bit like the Langers situation. Good luck Chris! I hope you don't waste your undoubted talent.

Not at all like Langley!
He never wanted to leave but we had no choice as he was about the only player we had worth any money!
He and Ollie made this VERY clear at the 20th anniversary bash last October.
Willock on 14:29 - Jul 11 with 2776 viewsqprninja

Willock on 11:35 - Jul 11 by Stainrod

Can't agree on the Nourry statement Antti. Its called setting the agenda, and Nourry has done it superbly. If he had said nothing (or something very bland) and left Cardiff to simply announce Willock as a prize capture it would have looked weak and probably pissed off a number of QPR fans. Think it was important to explain to fans - still within the bounds of diplomacy and not overtly slagging the player off - that we are not going to cave into unrealistic wage demands, or beg players to stay when they are not committed. For all we know Willock snr was using the QPR offer that had been on the table for god knows how long to engineer a better offer from Cardiff. By publicly announcing his departure it stopped the Willocks using and abusing us.

You might think such news management is cynical but it is crucial in any public facing organisation. Fans complain when they are kept in the dark and here was the CEO, in as clear terms as he possibly could, explaining his decision to stand firm.

Look at the result. Judging by message board reaction I would say 80/90% of fans seem sanguine about Willock going, and the mood remains one of quiet optimism. To me the management of this situation represents a huge improvement on the days when we behaved with something approaching battered wife syndrome, and we just took what we were given. It was that kind of weakness that led us to overpay Johansen and Austin. Think we are sending a message that we will no longer be taken for mugs. And if it means letting go of a former fan-favourite and developing a younger, cheaper alternative, lets try that. There are a lot of good players out there and we have an exciting project to sell to players with the right attitude.

Oooh, good post.
Willock on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 2753 viewssprocket

Willock on 13:54 - Jul 11 by hantssi

Not at all like Langley!
He never wanted to leave but we had no choice as he was about the only player we had worth any money!
He and Ollie made this VERY clear at the 20th anniversary bash last October.

I'm amazed at the reaction. He had probably 6 months were he was superb but the other 3.5 years either injured or obscure. I have moved on.
Willock on 14:57 - Jul 11 with 2606 viewsDavieQPR

Willock on 13:10 - Jul 11 by Padulas_Shampoo

Favourite for relegation? Where? Oxford, Plymouth, Derby surely must be shorter odds than Cardiff.

Youtube Ben HD. Stand corrected Bookies 4th favourites for relegation.
Willock on 15:15 - Jul 11 with 2505 viewsPunteR

Good post.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Willock on 17:11 - Jul 11 with 2173 viewsnumptydumpty

I doubt Willock has got much more money playing at Cardiff.

His agent / dad / himself all felt he would get much more money and a much better level club.

Clearly not.

Chris Willock truly could have noted in terms of his football he was at the right place for him.

They have ballsed his career up now and can't see Willock achieving even fifty percent of his potential.

Basically what has been going on for Chris Willock is a great example of how to waste a potentially decent footballing career

Annoying

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Willock on 19:20 - Jul 11 with 1884 viewsAntti_Heinola

Absolutely 100% agree with the action and the decision and it’s great the club won’t be held to ransom. But to say what Nourry has said has affected the fanbase’s reaction to any real degree is highly debatable. There have been threads on here for months effectively telling Willock to do one, and it’s the perception of his commitment that’s come about via club channels to journalists that brought that reaction. It’s obvious why he’s left, if anyone can’t see that without Nourry’s little digs then they haven’t been paying much attention. I think it’s poorly worded and unnecessary and while of course the fans are all drooling over it, prospective players and current players may not feel the same way. A simple ‘the club and Chris were unable to reach an agreement’ would say the same thing without playing to the gallery. You can put the ‘committed to the club’ guff in with new signing announcements and make it a positive thing there. The idea, for example, that there won’t be OOC players signing for us because we’re offering more money than their current club in the future is frankly laughable: does that mean we’re signing uncommitted players?
I’m in a massive minority, so probably wrong, but it looks petty to me and for ‘public facing businesses’ there are much, much cleverer and neater ways of achieving those aims.

Bare bones.

Willock on 19:22 - Jul 11 with 1856 viewsPdog

WTF Cardiff... seriously.. Cardiff City, come on Chris.

They are bang average and actually lost more games than us last season, he would only go there for one of two reasons. 1) They've shown him a dossier of top quality 'dead cert' transfer targets that'll dramatically overhaul their squad where Chris will fit right in to a free flowing attacking system and be the jewel in their crown to lead them into the playoffs, whilst paying him a fair whack.

Or 2), they're just paying him a fair whack, more than anyone else offered. Great ambition son.

Signing on fee + high wage for being a free, what we thinking £20k p/w?
[Post edited 11 Jul 19:41]
Willock on 20:04 - Jul 11 with 1709 viewstimcocking

A great player at this level, not easy to replace. Shame, but c’est la vie.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024