Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC 11:04 - Oct 15 with 37950 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

I know very early in the week…..but planning to attack Pompey from the whistle takes mental planning just as Spike Milligan had to deal with his mental struggles in his “Where have all the bullets gone?” brilliant read. Being a QPR supporter has recently (again) been mentally challenging too, but we will overcome this temporary phase and go onto better things, like Spike did 👍👍👍

And yes, it is 754pm in Aus- not touched a drop. So the paragraph above is written with a clear mind, whether it makes sense or not. 😀😀

A 2 1 win for us. Dembele with a bullet pile driver and Frey with a bullet header.

DonnieR

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:19 - Oct 18 with 2929 viewsRangersw12

Ideally would want to play 433 but I just wouldn't start Madsen after his performance at Derby so will have to be 4231 but central midfield very weak which ever way you go IMO

GK Nardi

RB Dunne
LB Paal
CB JCS
CB Cook

CM Field
CM EDB

LW Chair
CAM Dembele
RW Smyth

ST Frey

Up the Rangers and in the pub for 11
[Post edited 18 Oct 16:20]
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:50 - Oct 18 with 2841 viewsSpaceman_P

tight game... but I have us to edge it 2-1 US.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:33 - Oct 18 with 2787 viewsHunterhoop

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:03 - Oct 18 by Loyalitat

Wonderful.

So Madsen, as one of the cast of the powder-puff, light-weight brigade, is likely to start again. Other light-weight cast members, in my opinion: Andersen, Dembele, Saito and Smyth. Smyth being the most resilient of them.

Can see both Andersen and Madsen starting again now, as we will fully adhere to our “game model”. Us looking good for 20 mins before succumbing to a goal where the midfield is absent, and losing 1-3 again.

I’m just not sure we can go into a game with Field as the only midfielder willing to get/stay goal side and put a challenge in occasionally. We’ll be out fought. Maybe try EBD there? I’d actually be open to Morgan or Aoraha starting in there.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:58 - Oct 18 with 2764 viewsKiko

Is Varane available? If so i'd have

Nardi (GK)

Dunne (RB
JCS (CB)
Cook (CB)
Paal (LB)

Field (CM)
Varane (CM)

Dembele (RW)
Chair (CAM)
Saito (LW)

(FW) Frey (but I would be tempted to give Celar a go as this is probably his best chance to get going and I think Frey has had a purple patch)

Madsen and Andersen should be nowhere near the starting 11 and Andersen should only be subbed on to play on the wing where I think he is more effective.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 18:21 - Oct 18 with 2722 viewsdmm

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:33 - Oct 18 by Hunterhoop

Can see both Andersen and Madsen starting again now, as we will fully adhere to our “game model”. Us looking good for 20 mins before succumbing to a goal where the midfield is absent, and losing 1-3 again.

I’m just not sure we can go into a game with Field as the only midfielder willing to get/stay goal side and put a challenge in occasionally. We’ll be out fought. Maybe try EBD there? I’d actually be open to Morgan or Aoraha starting in there.

I don't think Aoraha has come back to form following his injury last season to be ready for a first team start. Morgan might be a possibility - I've been quite impressed with him in DS games. I'd probably go with EDB, even though he's not quite good enough at this level, as he's got more bite than Madsen.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 18:21 - Oct 18 with 2680 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 17:33 - Oct 18 by Hunterhoop

If we do, and that happens, the rumblings about the coaching team will louden to an earth tremor in W12 - and rightly so.

Let's hope your prognostications are awry!

if Alfie is available, I'd play him up top with Frey. I just can't see Celar as a starter.

Let's hope our Chair(se)-not-so-longue can ignite something now Marti has talked him up in training.

Most of all, I want to see a positive impact from Cifuentes on the team after their fortnight's working holiday, which we certainly didn't see after the last int. break.
[Post edited 18 Oct 18:26]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 09:09 - Oct 19 with 2404 viewsDorse

Alright QPR, we all know what needs to happen today. Could you, please, just do us this favour and give Pompey a thorough going over this afternoon?

We'd all feel much better and, you know, you might even enjoy winning!

Also, side note, can we not play in that fcking awful dog-vomit-coloured kit again? That way, even if we play like shite, we don't have to look like it too. I'd rather see us in the hoops, win or lose.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 09:17 - Oct 19 with 2387 viewseastside_r

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:35 - Oct 18 by dmm

I think Varane serves his 3rd and final match suspension tomorrow.

Did he really get 3 games for that. I thought it was 2 for Serious Foul Play (straight red) and 3 for Violent Conduct I.e. chinning someone.

Of course they change things all the time and I am probably hopelessly out of date.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 09:21 - Oct 19 with 2382 viewsdmm

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 09:17 - Oct 19 by eastside_r

Did he really get 3 games for that. I thought it was 2 for Serious Foul Play (straight red) and 3 for Violent Conduct I.e. chinning someone.

Of course they change things all the time and I am probably hopelessly out of date.

Prematch reports have Varane suspended today but, as you say, they change these things all the time so you might be right.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 09:33 - Oct 19 with 2372 viewsdavman

Been a nice break from QPR over the last two weeks; just got on with my life. Today that changes and I am apprehensive that they will stress me out. HOWEVER, my best mate is a Pompey fan and this used to be our go to game for a few seasons on the odd occasion we were in the same league. We always managed to sit together (usually in the home end) and will be doing so tomorrow in the LOWER school end (the flex ticket is HALF price there, you know...

So, as I will be in company and I will be drinking, the result will not matter so much at the time. No doubt they will make me angry though.

No "umph" in midfield; tippy tappy weak as pss players there, no height in the three behind the striker, which means I'd like to see a back for of Fox - JCS - Cook - Dunne. Inverted full backs f-off and Kenneth Paal just pss off the pitch; I'd like someone a little less of a "baller" and more of a footballer / defender, which is what Fox is.

Still think we will disappoint - start well, lose 0-2.

BUT at least I'm going to have a laugh with my lad and my mate...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 09:55 - Oct 19 with 2355 viewscolinallcars

Hope they water the pitch pre-match.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 10:13 - Oct 19 with 2324 viewscolinallcars

Popped into the church on the way to get my paper and prayed to be shriven and absolved from my boozing and for the releasement of our losing run.
We"ll be OK now.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 11:18 - Oct 19 with 2236 views222gers

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 10:13 - Oct 19 by colinallcars

Popped into the church on the way to get my paper and prayed to be shriven and absolved from my boozing and for the releasement of our losing run.
We"ll be OK now.

Well, our CEO is Christian.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 11:35 - Oct 19 with 2179 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've just bought 32 Nigerian Guinesses to see me through the match with 12 Badger brewery 'Dorset dozen' bottles.

I probably will have forgotten the score by 11pm and got a chat ban on Warships.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 12:46 - Oct 19 with 2018 viewsrbee

I can't see beyond another same old same old performance and result today but hope that all the prayers and alcohol mentioned on here helps prove me wrong.

Cheers!
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 12:52 - Oct 19 with 1997 viewsDorse

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 11:35 - Oct 19 by Metallica_Hoop

I've just bought 32 Nigerian Guinesses to see me through the match with 12 Badger brewery 'Dorset dozen' bottles.

I probably will have forgotten the score by 11pm and got a chat ban on Warships.

No change there then, you dirty filthy scrublord... 😀

Edit: Haven't plays WoWS in ages - need to sort out a new laptop and I'll no doubt be serving a steaming bowl of torp soup up to any BBs in the area in minutes.
[Post edited 19 Oct 12:54]

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:19 - Oct 19 with 1894 viewsPaddyhoops

Listening to 5 live on the train at the moment. Mark Clemmet , the championship correspondent reckons we might be missing “ culture Gaurdian’s Begovich and Albert this season . 😳
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:21 - Oct 19 with 1883 viewsDorse

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:19 - Oct 19 by Paddyhoops

Listening to 5 live on the train at the moment. Mark Clemmet , the championship correspondent reckons we might be missing “ culture Gaurdian’s Begovich and Albert this season . 😳

I was just thinking how much I missed Begovic...

Not much, it turns out.

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:24 - Oct 19 with 1865 viewsPaddyhoops

Nardi has stood out this season. A rare plus this season.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:36 - Oct 19 with 1820 viewsderbyhoop

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 23:15 - Oct 17 by Hunterhoop

All due respect, FDC, the brilliant analysis by Andrew Scherer indicates that progressing the ball forward and creating chances isn’t THE issue. It’s not great but it is not much different from under Cifuentes last year, save for the fact loads of our shots are getting blocked.

The issue is we’re conceding lots of goals and chances. And why? Because we make a very low number of tackles across the board, but the big difference from last year is in central midfield.

This conceding of goals is what is probably driving the increase of blocked shots, because the oppo are winning, defending a lead, and have more men behind the ball.

Make more tackles, concede fewer chances and goals, don’t be behind for as long, and we’ll score more, because there will be more space in that final third.

The issue is we’re soft and not making anywhere near enough tackles (or fouls). Game after game the oppo make more tackles than us.

On that basis you have to drop Madsen and Andersen. You need to play Colback and Varane, with Field.

A few strong challenges early at home also get the crowd into it.
[Post edited 18 Oct 8:07]

Neither Colback, knee injury, nor Varane, game 3 of 3 match ban available.

Left field suggestion. Fox to play LB, Paal to play alongside Field.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:40 - Oct 19 with 1798 viewsDiscodroids

Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Chigley
Marco, Merrick, Terry Lee,
Gary Tibbs and yours truly,
Frey, Saito, Dembele.

3 nil win, at home to Pompey.

urrrrrrrs
[Post edited 19 Oct 13:43]

A Number One.

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 14:02 - Oct 19 with 1659 viewsaston_hoop

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:36 - Oct 19 by derbyhoop

Neither Colback, knee injury, nor Varane, game 3 of 3 match ban available.

Left field suggestion. Fox to play LB, Paal to play alongside Field.

interesting suggestion Derby

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:03 - Oct 19 with 1624 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 14:03 - Oct 19 with 1616 viewsFDC

433 or 4231 with Paal alongside Field?
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 14:10 - Oct 19 with 1315 viewsQPunkR

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 14:03 - Oct 19 by FDC

433 or 4231 with Paal alongside Field?

Either way, definitely smacks of Paal in midfield. Yikes

QPR - "shit but local"

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024