Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Y’know Why I like The White Horse 14:44 - Jan 11 with 6539 viewsBoston

....because it’s 2.45 on a Thursday afternoon and there’s a better drinking crowd in here than a lot of pubs Saturday nights....and they don’t think it’s odd you support the Rangers. That is why.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:04 - Jan 11 with 3995 viewscolinallcars

Pubs are still struggling. I've just spent an hour and a half in the Magpie in Brentford. Superb Real Ales at under four quid but there was only one other punter there. Pub closures n West London have thankfully levelled off recently but people need to get off their arses and use the pubs or it'll get worse again.
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:08 - Jan 11 with 3978 viewsBoston

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:04 - Jan 11 by colinallcars

Pubs are still struggling. I've just spent an hour and a half in the Magpie in Brentford. Superb Real Ales at under four quid but there was only one other punter there. Pub closures n West London have thankfully levelled off recently but people need to get off their arses and use the pubs or it'll get worse again.

Encouraging to see some Dunkirk spirit(!)there, Colin.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 15:10]

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:16 - Jan 11 with 3943 viewsBoston

...and if you’re watching the pennys, Shepherd and Flock have reduced the price of a pint to three pounds thirty for the month of January.👍

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:17 - Jan 11 with 3941 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mrs PH and I had a few days in Lincoln while back for the festive period. One day, it was bastarding freezing and we went to a small pub called ‘The Strugglers’ and warmed up in the snug bar with a roaring fire.

We went twice, both times very busy and all guest ales, with none of your fizzy phish! No juke box; one armed bandits; sky sports; menus and condiments on tables. The din of locals talking to other imbibers was the entertainment. They did however, offer nutrition from the three main pub food groups: peanuts, crisps and stout!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:17 - Jan 11 with 3940 viewsDorse

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:04 - Jan 11 by colinallcars

This is why we should all drink at lunchtime. The pubs can't expect to get by on just the evening trade. We all need to do our bit. I, for one, have just downed 8 pints and eaten al load of pork scratchings and i fnwol absoiktuelyu finee. I think IJnfll jsuts have a ltteal lie downndd

I fcuikging lvve uyo

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:41 - Jan 11 with 3867 viewsRBlock

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:16 - Jan 11 by Boston

...and if you’re watching the pennys, Shepherd and Flock have reduced the price of a pint to three pounds thirty for the month of January.👍

The Askew has it's January sale on as well, 3 pints for a tenner. Does a decent Guinness and Sky/BT on a big screen!
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:58 - Jan 11 with 3826 viewscolinallcars

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:17 - Jan 11 by Dorse

This is why we should all drink at lunchtime. The pubs can't expect to get by on just the evening trade. We all need to do our bit. I, for one, have just downed 8 pints and eaten al load of pork scratchings and i fnwol absoiktuelyu finee. I think IJnfll jsuts have a ltteal lie downndd

I fcuikging lvve uyo

Speaking of which, there has been a trend recently for pubs to become evenings only - or at least late afternon and evenings only. I can think of three such pubs in Richmond and more typically in country areas. OK if you are aware of it I guess, but a bastard if you've made the journey unaware of the opening times. Again if folks used the pub more it would be open at lunchtimes.
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 16:25 - Jan 11 with 3743 viewssmegma

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:58 - Jan 11 by colinallcars

Speaking of which, there has been a trend recently for pubs to become evenings only - or at least late afternon and evenings only. I can think of three such pubs in Richmond and more typically in country areas. OK if you are aware of it I guess, but a bastard if you've made the journey unaware of the opening times. Again if folks used the pub more it would be open at lunchtimes.

A pub I go to in Wembley (for football) opens at 3pm in the afternoon as there's no trade before that.
Login to get fewer ads

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 16:32 - Jan 11 with 3721 viewsShotKneesHoop

Just got in after doing my bit in the Stag at West Acre this afternoon - two pints of Barn Ale and four pints of Worth The Wait. All at £3.10 a pint. Biked the three miles home very happy in spite of expecting another away drubbing at Burton, where beer brewed there nowadays is shyte.

Hard to work out how that many pubs manage to survive, more English Heritage down the whazz in three years time.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 16:32]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 16:34 - Jan 11 with 3708 viewsBoston

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 16:25 - Jan 11 by smegma

A pub I go to in Wembley (for football) opens at 3pm in the afternoon as there's no trade before that.

Which one...The Green Man?

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 16:35 - Jan 11 with 3704 viewsBoston

Though I think Eddies May have set the clock back?

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 16:52 - Jan 11 with 3648 viewsrobith

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:16 - Jan 11 by Boston

Is that at locals pricing or the mythical "Carnival price" that comes up on the till every Rangers home game?
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 17:44 - Jan 11 with 3566 viewsPinnerPaul

Desert Orchid, One Man, Rooster Booster

Been some good ones down the years
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 17:55 - Jan 11 with 3538 viewsSimonJames

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 15:17 - Jan 11 by PlanetHonneywood

Mrs PH and I had a few days in Lincoln while back for the festive period. One day, it was bastarding freezing and we went to a small pub called ‘The Strugglers’ and warmed up in the snug bar with a roaring fire.

We went twice, both times very busy and all guest ales, with none of your fizzy phish! No juke box; one armed bandits; sky sports; menus and condiments on tables. The din of locals talking to other imbibers was the entertainment. They did however, offer nutrition from the three main pub food groups: peanuts, crisps and stout!

Yes, we stayed near Belper (Derbyshire) over the New Year, with 35 of our closest friends. You could hold a conversation without shouting, and a round of beers for 10 didn't require a second mortgage.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:04 - Jan 11 with 3516 viewskarl

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 17:55 - Jan 11 by SimonJames

Yes, we stayed near Belper (Derbyshire) over the New Year, with 35 of our closest friends. You could hold a conversation without shouting, and a round of beers for 10 didn't require a second mortgage.

35 closest friends?! I don't think there are 35 people who would give me the time of day never mind let themselves be described as friends!
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:09 - Jan 11 with 3499 viewsBklynRanger

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 16:32 - Jan 11 by ShotKneesHoop

Just got in after doing my bit in the Stag at West Acre this afternoon - two pints of Barn Ale and four pints of Worth The Wait. All at £3.10 a pint. Biked the three miles home very happy in spite of expecting another away drubbing at Burton, where beer brewed there nowadays is shyte.

Hard to work out how that many pubs manage to survive, more English Heritage down the whazz in three years time.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 16:32]

I for one welcome the application of this 'doing my bit' business to January afternoon drinking. We happy few represent a proud, unintimidated bulwark, a giant dyke if you will, holding back the status quo of 'dry' related advertising and 'Tips on Becoming Slightly Less of a Fat Bastard' plastered over all primetime terrestrial channels. Fcuk em! And anyway, you'll have more than offset any calories consumed with your potentially circuitous power cycle home, Shot Knees so that's a 'win win'.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 18:18]
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:23 - Jan 11 with 3448 viewsFredManRave

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:04 - Jan 11 by karl

35 closest friends?! I don't think there are 35 people who would give me the time of day never mind let themselves be described as friends!

I'd give you the time of day if you were buying Karl. I'd class you as a friend after the 5th round.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:23 - Jan 11 with 3447 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:04 - Jan 11 by karl

Well, I've just given you a like, so that's two friends.

And distortR will be along in a second. So that'll be... well, still two, but never mind.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:46 - Jan 11 with 3396 viewsstowmarketrange

The only pub in my village closed down about 2 years ago and has now reopened as a Mexican shop selling everything from Mexico.
Our nearest local now is 4 miles away.Handy if you have someone to drop you off and pick you up after,but not very practical for driving there if you can’t have a beer while you’re in there.
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 19:15 - Jan 11 with 3347 viewskarl

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:23 - Jan 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, I've just given you a like, so that's two friends.

And distortR will be along in a second. So that'll be... well, still two, but never mind.

Haha, many a true word Brian!
Probably my short arms have been responsible for the lack of close friends Fred, but since you're asking yes I will have drink. Thanks!
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 19:16 - Jan 11 with 3345 viewsNoDiddley

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 17:44 - Jan 11 by PinnerPaul

Desert Orchid, One Man, Rooster Booster

Been some good ones down the years

Lost on most like that 5 furlong sprint at Newmarket in July for greys only!
Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 19:31 - Jan 11 with 3310 viewsMrSheen

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:46 - Jan 11 by stowmarketrange

The only pub in my village closed down about 2 years ago and has now reopened as a Mexican shop selling everything from Mexico.
Our nearest local now is 4 miles away.Handy if you have someone to drop you off and pick you up after,but not very practical for driving there if you can’t have a beer while you’re in there.

You could buy some safer transport from the new shop.

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 19:41 - Jan 11 with 3280 viewskensalriser

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 18:46 - Jan 11 by stowmarketrange

Perhaps a wall would help?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 21:02 - Jan 11 with 3131 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Y’know Why I like The White Horse on 21:06 - Jan 11 with 3117 viewsDorse

Just woken up. Where did that traffic cone come from?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024