Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(Our) timewasting 20:44 - Jan 1 with 8342 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is anyone going to do the decent thing and call it out?

That's two bookings I think at least for Lumley now - one of the stupidest/most egregious offenders in the team, and possibly the most slow-mo keeper in the league when it comes to taking goal kicks or, well, doing anything, really. Presumably he'll be getting a ban at some stage, and I'll be interested to see what our manager has to say if/when he does.

13 minutes added on today is surely some kind of record. I know at least half of that was due to the aforementioned Lumley's injury, but that means the other half wasn't. When we're tired at the end of the 90 minutes after a really tough game like today, that could easily bite us on the bum. Today, we got away with it.

It's something when it starts at 60 minutes and amounts to a V-sign to the fans. We pay to be entertained, not to endure this kind of horrible gamesmanship. The managment team need to deal with it off the field, and the players on it - if not, referees need to start clamping down much harder. Going into the corners in the last couple of minutes is one thing, but for some reason it seems to have become utterly flagrant this season at this level.

We fans at HQ could take a lead by booing it loudly, including when we're ahead. But I'm not holding my breath. Though it was a very commendable point today, being dumped on by Villa fans calling us cheats sticks in the craw.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

(Our) timewasting on 20:47 - Jan 1 with 4999 viewsAntti_Heinola

Booing?
Can we agree when? After 8 seconds before a throw is taken? Or 12?
Lumley would need 8 more bookings by about end of Feb. He aint getting banned.
And people have been ‘calling it out’ in practically every game.

Bare bones.

(Our) timewasting on 20:50 - Jan 1 with 4978 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don’t want us to be admired by opposition fans. I want us to play good football which we did and have a bit of nous when needed which we finally do. We’ve watched fking Preston do worse than that. Fck Villa the whiny deluded cnts.
(Our) timewasting on 20:51 - Jan 1 with 4958 viewsstainrods_elbow

It's an automatic ban after five yellow, I believe- which puts him about halfway there. Either he's acting on instructions, or he's just being a bit of an all too visible jerk, as far as I can see.

Re booing/showing disapporval, I don't speak for the fanbase, just myself. As I said, five minutes from the end of a game is one thing. When it starts after an hour, as we've seen this season, I think it's time to let any player know.

(Our) timewasting on 20:51 - Jan 1 with 4957 viewsBlackCrowe

I hate it actually but i reckon we've been on the receiving end much more so it kind of felt justified Doesn't make it right at all but until the ref and FA/FL start dealing with it properly i.e. early on in the game and consistently then it will continue.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

(Our) timewasting on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 4936 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lovely! Personally, I want the highest standards for my team. Good football (check), grit (check) and play the game rather than resort to gamesmanship/cynicism/cheating (errr).

(Our) timewasting on 20:54 - Jan 1 with 4931 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I felt that game was there for the taking today once we got back into it.
In a way by time-wasting you are symbolically saying you are happy with the current score and I don't think that needed to be the case today.
Having said all of that I'm very happy with a point from that fixture.
(Our) timewasting on 20:57 - Jan 1 with 4908 viewstoboboly

I take it you don’t watch the rest of the teams in the league do exactly the same as soon as they are ahead?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

(Our) timewasting on 20:58 - Jan 1 with 4900 viewsFrankRightguard

It’s down to the officials to stamp it out. This is professional football. Give them a chance to gain an advantage and they’ll take it. No issue with that whatsoever.

And that was Lumley’s first card of the season today FWIW.
Login to get fewer ads

(Our) timewasting on 20:59 - Jan 1 with 4887 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Of the eleven minutes added time given, seven were for a kick to Lumley's head and two or three must have been for Pawel's two sessions of treatment for a clear stamp on his ankle/achilles. Add in subs and that leaves no time at all for added time duw to our timewasting.

That's not to say that we didn't timewaste. We definitely did. Lumley was on a yellow and still at it with that ridiculous slow-motion fall to the ground he does when no-one's near him. We had used all of our subs and he was risking a second yellow.

Similarly, Furling took ages over his throws.

I called it out today on the match thread and have called it out before. But I'm not being holier-than-thou about it. I want us to be cute and clever, but there's an invisible line based on each person's mores and morals. I thought we crossed it today but have seen our various opponents cross it far more times.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

(Our) timewasting on 21:09 - Jan 1 with 4825 viewsdavman

It's part of the game as the authorities do sweet FA about it. You all know my solutiin; stop the bloody clock when the ball is out of play and that will remove doubt.

Failing that, consistency from refs. One warning when taking the pee, then a card. One more warning, then the second card.

The Hull game was a great example of why this frustrates. The ref warned Marshall about 6 times before the 65th minute, no card and then gave up even warning him after that even though it just got worse. Treat players like the kids they are. A threat of punishment means nothing if it is known that you are not willing to follow up on the threat.

As with many things, the laws exist, just enforce them.

When we do it, no problem, it's just when others do it!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

(Our) timewasting on 21:17 - Jan 1 with 4768 viewsRANGERS4EVER

*gets a highly creditable point at Villa park, putting us on 39 points 4 behind play offs*

"I think we could boo our own team at home to help"

I don't like this timewasting and would like to go for it sometimes. But everyone does it, and we need to do it to gain our results. If you're not entertained by a 2-2 draw away from home with an absolute rocket goal and a great team goal then what can you be entertained by? We aren't Man City. We have to do this to get our results, like it or not

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

(Our) timewasting on 21:18 - Jan 1 with 4750 viewsactonman

As far as I recall , this time wasting thing is a totally new phenomenon to us as most of last season and early on this I remember moaning that every other team does it to us but we are too goody two shoes to do it ourselfs.

We look to have taken this strategy onboard now and being rewarded by gaining points on the board. Not pretty and quite annoying at times but needs must and if it upsets opposition fans like villa then even better

Same level as the diving in the box in premier league because someone brushes past a shirt sleeve, Ex players and pundits go on like they have a right to go down under any contact , it’s all legal cheating
(Our) timewasting on 21:19 - Jan 1 with 4740 viewsBoston

I hate time wasting and time wasters...unless its us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

(Our) timewasting on 21:38 - Jan 1 with 4607 viewsLowerloftLad

under Warnock we time wasted all the time just think we were a little more sly about it

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

(Our) timewasting on 21:43 - Jan 1 with 4573 viewsCamberleyR

(Our) timewasting on 20:51 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

It's an automatic ban after five yellow, I believe- which puts him about halfway there. Either he's acting on instructions, or he's just being a bit of an all too visible jerk, as far as I can see.

Re booing/showing disapporval, I don't speak for the fanbase, just myself. As I said, five minutes from the end of a game is one thing. When it starts after an hour, as we've seen this season, I think it's time to let any player know.

It's only an automatic ban for five accumulated yellow cards before the 19th game of the season. After that you have to accumulate 10 yellow cards before the 37th game to incur a suspension (which would be two matches).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

(Our) timewasting on 21:48 - Jan 1 with 4542 viewstraininvain

I quite enjoyed it! Every other team in the league have been doing it against us for years. Last season we complained about our naivety in such situations.

Until referees clamp down on it then why shouldn’t we do the same. Otherwise we’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage.
(Our) timewasting on 21:51 - Jan 1 with 4515 viewsstowmarketrange

(Our) timewasting on 20:51 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

I thought it was 5 yellows before Christmas and then 10 before Easter to get a ban?
When other teams start getting clamped down on for time wasting then i’ll start worrying about it.Hull wasted as much as we did today but got away with it.
We’ve been punished by the refs over the last 2 away games by adding on a lot of extra time.I can deal with that IF it’s applied to every team who blatantly waste time.It hasnt been so far this season so far.
(Our) timewasting on 21:55 - Jan 1 with 4489 viewspaulparker

We are not Corinthian casuals circa 1910 FFS we are in the business of winning games and getting points the old warnock team had the knack of doing the good stuff and the dirty stuff it’s how you win games and leagues
I Love Olly and what he done last year but we could be so naive and were bullied out of games
We are being professional and I’d rather teams hate us than being seen as weak

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

(Our) timewasting on 21:56 - Jan 1 with 4483 viewsstainrods_elbow

(Our) timewasting on 20:57 - Jan 1 by toboboly

I take it you don’t watch the rest of the teams in the league do exactly the same as soon as they are ahead?

I do - and wasn't talking about them. I'm talking about my club playing the game the way it should be played.

By your logic, during the rioting in London, I presume you were down the high street to nick yourself a widescreen TV because all the street kids were at it?

(Our) timewasting on 21:59 - Jan 1 with 4461 viewsGloryHunter

(Our) timewasting on 21:48 - Jan 1 by traininvain

I quite enjoyed it! Every other team in the league have been doing it against us for years. Last season we complained about our naivety in such situations.

Until referees clamp down on it then why shouldn’t we do the same. Otherwise we’re putting ourselves at a disadvantage.

Agree with this - 100%.
(Our) timewasting on 22:00 - Jan 1 with 4458 viewsVancouverHoop

It doesn't bother me as much as diving and harassing the officials does. It's a nuisance but it'd be easy enough to stop if the League really cared. As it is they add on time, which still gives the perpetrators an advantage as players are knackered by then. I think our consistently late subs do the same thing. Break up play and slow everything down. I don't think it's player choice I think it's a team tactic.
(Our) timewasting on 22:04 - Jan 1 with 4424 viewsstainrods_elbow

God, but there are some cynical people on here. It seems for some the ends justify the means, whatever the means are.

I'm pretty sure that WAS Lumley's 2nd yellow this season - can some nerdy statistician confirm?

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted with our point today, and most of our performance. But I don't buy or accept that we need to resort to such abject professionalism in the process. Being 'strong' and 'not being bullied' doesn't/shouldn't mean running down the clock at every opportunity and sticking two fingers up to fans in the process. A strong, skilful side doesn't need to do it - if anything, it makes a team look weak. And, get this, there's no contradiction between booing it if I see it, and supporting QPR.

(Our) timewasting on 22:07 - Jan 1 with 4399 viewsCamberleyR

(Our) timewasting on 22:04 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

God, but there are some cynical people on here. It seems for some the ends justify the means, whatever the means are.

I'm pretty sure that WAS Lumley's 2nd yellow this season - can some nerdy statistician confirm?

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted with our point today, and most of our performance. But I don't buy or accept that we need to resort to such abject professionalism in the process. Being 'strong' and 'not being bullied' doesn't/shouldn't mean running down the clock at every opportunity and sticking two fingers up to fans in the process. A strong, skilful side doesn't need to do it - if anything, it makes a team look weak. And, get this, there's no contradiction between booing it if I see it, and supporting QPR.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=77396

One booking, and even were it his second, he'd need to receive 8 in the next 11 games to get a ban.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

(Our) timewasting on 22:22 - Jan 1 with 4305 viewseasthertsr

Watching on the red button today I must admit even I was getting wound up with our time wasting!
(Our) timewasting on 22:26 - Jan 1 with 4278 viewsLblock

And you’ve said elsewhere that you didn’t see today’s game but still take a Corinthians attitude to our time wasting????????

Amazing

Let’s face it, modern football is toss, but this is now part of it from top to bottom
QPR have been poor at it previously and we’ve often described ourselves as naive so to be showing street smarts now tells me our players are a) intelligent and b) being coached with some depth

I’m not saying I’ll happily sit through 89 minutes of gamesmanship and borefest approach but..... if it meant leaving those vvankers in places like the Holte End seething as we get points then I’m good!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024