Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not much better than Wednesday 15:55 - Oct 24 with 4056 viewswelwynranger

One great shot from Bright. But nothing else , not another effort on goal. Bad distribution . Brum very comfortable with the back 5. Look the more likely IMO.
Hope I'm wrong
Not much better than Wednesday on 15:59 - Oct 24 with 3113 viewstimcocking

Nobody in the middle of the park; we can't keep the ball at all without somebody there.
Not much better than Wednesday on 16:02 - Oct 24 with 3101 viewsAngelsone9

Not much better than Wednesday on 15:59 - Oct 24 by timcocking

Nobody in the middle of the park; we can't keep the ball at all without somebody there.

I want to see Chair come looking for the ball to create something. he's becoming a peripheral player
Not much better than Wednesday on 17:03 - Oct 24 with 2993 viewswelwynranger

At least we didn't lose.
Nothing else to say
Not much better than Wednesday on 17:03 - Oct 24 with 2987 viewsPinnerPaul

It wasn't great but we did hit the bar as well.
Not much better than Wednesday on 17:12 - Oct 24 with 2919 viewswood_hoop

At least a clean sheet and a few more shots, from little acorns grow.....
Not much better than Wednesday on 17:14 - Oct 24 with 2906 viewsNorthantsHoop

It is going to be a slog this season, but what's new. I like Chair but it's not working for him this season, that late miss sort of sums him up at the moment. Maybe some time out may help and a bit of re-engineering needed in the midfield, might be worth starting Willock for Chair. Got high hopes for George Thomas, although he is looking a bit injury prone. Onwards and upwards to Barnsley. At least we got a point today.
Not much better than Wednesday on 17:15 - Oct 24 with 2894 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:14 - Oct 24 by NorthantsHoop

It is going to be a slog this season, but what's new. I like Chair but it's not working for him this season, that late miss sort of sums him up at the moment. Maybe some time out may help and a bit of re-engineering needed in the midfield, might be worth starting Willock for Chair. Got high hopes for George Thomas, although he is looking a bit injury prone. Onwards and upwards to Barnsley. At least we got a point today.

While we created little, every chance we did create came from Chair linking with BOS I think.

Bare bones.

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:17 - Oct 24 with 2875 viewsWelsh_Ranger

maybe we should sack the breadman, its surely all his fault? Calls for his head wont be far away!

Login to get fewer ads

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:24 - Oct 24 with 2811 viewsWestbourneR

If you’re really honest Chair has never really starred in a game at this level, not once. So all this expectation that he was gonna step up massively this season is a bit odd.

I’ve never seen quite what everybody is so excited about.

He can be a solid pro, I don’t think he’ll be more than that.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:25 - Oct 24 with 2811 viewsGloucs_R

What needs to change??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:33 - Oct 24 with 2740 viewsLowerloftLad

i have only watched us v Coventry and i have stated once with no fans i have lost a fair bit of interest so my feeling is a points a point and we move on

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:47 - Oct 24 with 2664 viewsnix

One thing I have noticed is that our crosses in often seen to go behind our players in the box. I wonder if their positioning isn't quite right. There was one decent cross that came in towards the end and Bonne was actually on the goal line. How many goals are actually scored from there from crosses as opposed to corners?
Not much better than Wednesday on 18:12 - Oct 24 with 2525 viewsdaveB

Our set pieces delivery needs to improve, we waste a lot of free kicks but overall thought it was better than Wednesday night, a draw a fair result
1 defeat in the last 5 now
Not much better than Wednesday on 18:27 - Oct 24 with 2439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not much better than Wednesday on 18:12 - Oct 24 by daveB

Our set pieces delivery needs to improve, we waste a lot of free kicks but overall thought it was better than Wednesday night, a draw a fair result
1 defeat in the last 5 now

I thought it was much better than Wednesday. No comparison really.

We were much better once we moved bodies into midfield. I didn't understand that.

Agree about set pieces. They're very inventive this year and we do look threatening from them. But while the delivery was good today on occasions and an improvement on previous games, it could still improve.

In defence meanwhile we are much improved on set pieces, looking really solid of late.

Wallace will be a loss. Let's ignore his last game for a second and realise that he was playing well today and is one of the very few experienced players in the team. Niko did well but it would have been preferable to blood him slowly aybe?

I'm happy enough that we're riding the post-Eze transition reasonably well and that we will improve in the long run.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Not much better than Wednesday on 18:33 - Oct 24 with 2406 viewsLblock

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:25 - Oct 24 by Gloucs_R

What needs to change??

Nothing

We’re jogging along nicely in familiar territory
Our sights have been set nice and low and standards even below that

To call for any sort of change endangers this thread into becoming labelled as “disgraceful” and anyone on it a “tosser”

Onwards

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Not much better than Wednesday on 18:34 - Oct 24 with 2400 viewsqpr_1968

compared to the squad we.ve got i thought the team on paper looked pretty strong, attacking wise.

if we can't beat/or even score against a team like birmingham, then i feel for us.

couple of midfielders and a new back four will do.
christmas is round the corner......who's got a few bob?

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Not much better than Wednesday on 18:36 - Oct 24 with 2389 viewsdavman

Worst thing about today was that we played two up front and neither of those strikers had a shot.

Brum's Central Defenders had them both totally in their pockets.

Dom Ball a positive when he came on, Adomah class early on, but really, really dull today. Three games without a goal and counting now...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Not much better than Wednesday on 18:52 - Oct 24 with 2327 viewsMalintabuk

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:17 - Oct 24 by Welsh_Ranger

maybe we should sack the breadman, its surely all his fault? Calls for his head wont be far away!

There is many a true word said in jest
Though I don't think Warbs is in any imminent danger he is certainly in sack zone form wise ..... what is it now 6 wins in 20 odd games
Not sure if he as got the personal he wants but he as had enough windows to make them his team
To be honest we looked pretty bad up top.... there is a lot of store put in Dykes but honestly he never looked like troubling any defence this season
Patience I guess is a must.... but patience is not a word used often when it comes to managers
Not much better than Wednesday on 19:07 - Oct 24 with 2243 viewsHamptonR

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:24 - Oct 24 by WestbourneR

If you’re really honest Chair has never really starred in a game at this level, not once. So all this expectation that he was gonna step up massively this season is a bit odd.

I’ve never seen quite what everybody is so excited about.

He can be a solid pro, I don’t think he’ll be more than that.

When Chair was banging them in from 25 yards plus for Stevenage, week in week out, our expectations were for the same when he came back.

However I heard, as a lot of us must have, that Warbs encourages or coaches the players to always look for that extra pass when 20-25 yards from goal?
Not much better than Wednesday on 19:23 - Oct 24 with 2179 viewsLongsufferingR

Not much better than Wednesday on 19:07 - Oct 24 by HamptonR

When Chair was banging them in from 25 yards plus for Stevenage, week in week out, our expectations were for the same when he came back.

However I heard, as a lot of us must have, that Warbs encourages or coaches the players to always look for that extra pass when 20-25 yards from goal?

You don't get anywhere near the same amount of space on the edge of the box in the Champ as in League 2. Often you can see he wants to have a pop but gets closed down quickly.
Not much better than Wednesday on 20:02 - Oct 24 with 1982 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not much better than Wednesday on 17:25 - Oct 24 by Gloucs_R

What needs to change??

The stale bread needs to be binned.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Not much better than Wednesday on 20:16 - Oct 24 with 1930 viewsMatch82

Not much better than Wednesday on 18:33 - Oct 24 by Lblock

Nothing

We’re jogging along nicely in familiar territory
Our sights have been set nice and low and standards even below that

To call for any sort of change endangers this thread into becoming labelled as “disgraceful” and anyone on it a “tosser”

Onwards

I enjoy reading all opinions, it's how we become smarter. I suspect any negative reactions are more about the tone of the post than the content.
Not much better than Wednesday on 20:35 - Oct 24 with 1863 viewskarl

I thought Willock looked good when he came on, I want Chair to succeed and he had some good games finishing last season I do think he will come good if he's managed well, will that mean taking him out for a week or so? Possibly and with so mm any games coming thick and fast it should be easy to justify.
Also thought Hamaleinan did well, should get a run in the team.
Unfortunately haven't been impressed with Bonne in the last 2 games and would be more inclined to have Dykes up front on his own and get support up from midfield with 2 attacking midfielders, that could maybe be Chair and Willock?
I haven't seen enough of the team tbh though
Not much better than Wednesday on 22:38 - Oct 24 with 1652 viewsdistortR

Not much better than Wednesday on 18:27 - Oct 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought it was much better than Wednesday. No comparison really.

We were much better once we moved bodies into midfield. I didn't understand that.

Agree about set pieces. They're very inventive this year and we do look threatening from them. But while the delivery was good today on occasions and an improvement on previous games, it could still improve.

In defence meanwhile we are much improved on set pieces, looking really solid of late.

Wallace will be a loss. Let's ignore his last game for a second and realise that he was playing well today and is one of the very few experienced players in the team. Niko did well but it would have been preferable to blood him slowly aybe?

I'm happy enough that we're riding the post-Eze transition reasonably well and that we will improve in the long run.

'blood Niko in slowly'

Jeez Brian, 4 games in 6 years isn't slow enough for you?!
Not much better than Wednesday on 22:56 - Oct 24 with 1613 viewskarl

Not much better than Wednesday on 22:38 - Oct 24 by distortR

'blood Niko in slowly'

Jeez Brian, 4 games in 6 years isn't slow enough for you?!

And he took the Niko option on the spelling, three quarters of a game each year surely deserves full surname!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024