Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report 16:48 - Feb 2 with 5613 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54115/qpr-toast-fi
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:02 - Feb 2 with 3480 viewsLongsufferingR

Haven't even read it yet but even the report title has me chuckling
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:11 - Feb 2 with 3423 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dear God, how marvellous.

Particularly like the spot of Ball faceplanting after the goal - had totally missed that and want to see a wider angle.

Bare bones.

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:16 - Feb 2 with 3389 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. Very entertaining.

Your reason for Ben Foster's absence had me spluttering my cup of tea
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:17 - Feb 2 with 3389 viewsStanFan

Was looking forward to this report and you over-delivered again Clive. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:19 - Feb 2 with 3365 viewsOldPedro

Another great report !

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:21 - Feb 2 with 3349 viewsNorthernr

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:11 - Feb 2 by Antti_Heinola

Particularly like the spot of Ball faceplanting after the goal - had totally missed that and want to see a wider angle.

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:30 - Feb 2 with 3281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Every bit as enjoyable as the game.

Agree with every word and rating.

Thanks Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:35 - Feb 2 with 3233 viewsloftboy

I know this won’t happen but if someone saw someone getting punched on camera and the ref missed it the the FA would deal with it retrospectively, so what’s the difference with someone being heard calling someone a cûnt which is also technically a red card offence?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:38 - Feb 2 with 3223 viewsqpr1976

Whats all this "our Cup Final" rubbish ? Did I miss someone saying something in the build up to this game ?
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:49 - Feb 2 with 3163 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Excellent report with just the right balance of wit, observation and sarcasm. Made me chuckle in my socially-distanced, isolating gloom. :)
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:51 - Feb 2 with 3147 viewsloftus77

Started with a absolutely magnificent, knock-out, headline and just got better and better.

Thanks loads Clive - and I love the fact that the Evening Standard 5-a-sides got a mention. Every trophy matters.
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:59 - Feb 2 with 3082 viewsloftboy

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:38 - Feb 2 by qpr1976

Whats all this "our Cup Final" rubbish ? Did I miss someone saying something in the build up to this game ?

Ask Troy Deeney

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 18:20 - Feb 2 with 2992 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:35 - Feb 2 by loftboy

I know this won’t happen but if someone saw someone getting punched on camera and the ref missed it the the FA would deal with it retrospectively, so what’s the difference with someone being heard calling someone a cûnt which is also technically a red card offence?

If they punished every piece of "offensive, insulting and abusive" language at this level, every game would be abandoned after about 20 minutes due to lack of players.
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 18:22 - Feb 2 with 2967 viewsjohnhoop

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:38 - Feb 2 by qpr1976

Ater we were narrowly beaten in the FA Cup fifth round by Premier League titans UdineseB 2 years ago, their captain Troy"c-nt" Deeney said it had been a difficult game for them because it was our "cup-final"
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 18:25 - Feb 2 with 2952 viewsPinnerPaul

Even if all the above is true, can't see how that gives Gallen the right to basically say that a fellow professional isn't good enough to play football anymore - especially in the derogatory way described here.
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 18:27 - Feb 2 with 2931 viewsloftboy

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 18:20 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

If they punished every piece of "offensive, insulting and abusive" language at this level, every game would be abandoned after about 20 minutes due to lack of players.

When I refereed Sunday football I would say to the captains I don’t mind industrial language but if you put “off” at the end of it and you’re talking to me then you’re walk, once sent of one of LBlocks team mates within 30 seconds!

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 19:13 - Feb 2 with 2753 viewsOldPedro

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 17:11 - Feb 2 by Antti_Heinola

The Alternative Angle on the official site gives another view of Ball falling on the goal celebration

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/alternative-angle-watford-030221/

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 19:18 - Feb 2 with 2726 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 19:13 - Feb 2 by OldPedro

The Alternative Angle on the official site gives another view of Ball falling on the goal celebration

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/alternative-angle-watford-030221/

Brilliant.

That answers the Adomah Celebration question, too!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 19:33 - Feb 2 with 2666 viewskropotkin41

Properly brilliant football writing. Tears of laughter.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 2611 viewsstevec

Stefan Johansen.... that made me laugh.

It's been a good 24 hours.
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 21:01 - Feb 2 with 2388 viewsnix

'Rob Dickie, Jebediah Springfield and Louis XV were the centre halves with Todd Kane to their right and a haunted house to their left'

Loved this line. Absolutely brilliant prose Clive. Thank you.
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 22:02 - Feb 2 with 2231 viewsPhilmyRs

Good report. Summed up my feelings on Kane and his performance too. I thought he did pretty well and deserves a pat on the back but like you, there was part of me thinking what would BOS or a better crosser of the ball made of that time and space. Definitely deserves praise and I feel a bit sh*t for criticising but he had the freedom of the park out there and sterner tests to come. On a related note, get that left sided player from Watford that came on and we’re a top 6 side. The guy was ridiculous and think left side rather than right is now our biggest concern.
QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 23:38 - Feb 2 with 2058 viewsA40Bosh

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 21:01 - Feb 2 by nix

'Rob Dickie, Jebediah Springfield and Louis XV were the centre halves with Todd Kane to their right and a haunted house to their left'

Loved this line. Absolutely brilliant prose Clive. Thank you.

I just hope that the "Caledonian Sleeper" does not read these match reports, or if he does that he is a thick skinned type!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 23:44 - Feb 2 with 2049 viewsA40Bosh

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 22:02 - Feb 2 by PhilmyRs

Good report. Summed up my feelings on Kane and his performance too. I thought he did pretty well and deserves a pat on the back but like you, there was part of me thinking what would BOS or a better crosser of the ball made of that time and space. Definitely deserves praise and I feel a bit sh*t for criticising but he had the freedom of the park out there and sterner tests to come. On a related note, get that left sided player from Watford that came on and we’re a top 6 side. The guy was ridiculous and think left side rather than right is now our biggest concern.

"me thinking what would BOS or a better crosser of the ball made of that time and space"

If BOS had still been here then i would have to speculate, based on every game for the past 4-6 weeks, that he would receive the ball run along the touch line and then head towards the box, divert away from the goal, get to the white line and:
a) run it out of play
b) shoot in to the side netting
c) kick it against the last defender he came across on his trip to the goal line and maybe just win a corner
Resulting in him walking away looking nonplussed or dare I say it frankly rather bored

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR toast first cup final success since 67 — Report on 23:48 - Feb 2 with 2036 viewsDannyPaddox

Surprised no mention of our 2011 Trofeo Bortolotti triumph. The tournament win that sent reverberations through European football. Okay they only played 45 minutes a game but a win’s a win.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024