Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! 19:27 - Mar 20 with 4467 viewsnumptydumpty

Should have been down to ten men for last ten minutes.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:38 - Mar 20 with 3743 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My view is that teams are now taking advantage of this rule. I'm even questioning the Matt Ingram injury now. Was that faked?

So what do you do? Remove the rule altogether? If the very people that the rule was meant to benefit are taking the p1ss out of it then fck them is my opinion.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:45 - Mar 20 with 3705 viewsHastings_Hoops

Why didn’t we pull that stunt on Wednesday at forest? Would have made little difference, but
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:47 - Mar 20 with 3688 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:45 - Mar 20 by Hastings_Hoops

Why didn’t we pull that stunt on Wednesday at forest? Would have made little difference, but

It made little difference today.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:50 - Mar 20 with 3669 viewsnix

Yeah, their coach called him over to whisper in his ear, obviously to fake concussion. A couple of minutes later he jumps into our defender, and goes down clutching his head. A farcical couple of minutes go by during which time they all pretend to manipulate his neck because of his non existent head injury. Taking the piss.
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:51 - Mar 20 with 3652 viewskensalriser

Fake concussion was outrageous, shouldn't that be a booking all round for unsportsmanlike behaviour?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:57 - Mar 20 with 3618 viewstoboboly

If you don't have an independent person doing the tests then there is no point having the rule

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 20:02 - Mar 20 with 3588 viewsbermudabob

Clearly gamed it. Sensible initiative but clearly going to be abused. Under the rules we were then permitted to make a 4th "normal" sub
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 20:15 - Mar 20 with 3524 viewsMick_S

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:50 - Mar 20 by nix

Yeah, their coach called him over to whisper in his ear, obviously to fake concussion. A couple of minutes later he jumps into our defender, and goes down clutching his head. A farcical couple of minutes go by during which time they all pretend to manipulate his neck because of his non existent head injury. Taking the piss.

We lost and deserved to do so. But what sort of c nut sets out instructions like that? Fake concussion? Jesus.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 21:54 - Mar 20 with 3355 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don’t get the rule. Concussion: you are subbed. Why is it a special sub? You don’t get one for a broken leg. Just say its enforced and if you’ve used all three subs - so be it.

Bare bones.

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 22:29 - Mar 20 with 3257 viewsnix

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 21:54 - Mar 20 by Antti_Heinola

I don’t get the rule. Concussion: you are subbed. Why is it a special sub? You don’t get one for a broken leg. Just say its enforced and if you’ve used all three subs - so be it.

I think the reasoning is that players might try and stay on the pitch with concussion if they'd used all their subs. But really this is just making of a joke of that rule.
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 23:32 - Mar 20 with 3177 viewsAntti_Heinola

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 22:29 - Mar 20 by nix

I think the reasoning is that players might try and stay on the pitch with concussion if they'd used all their subs. But really this is just making of a joke of that rule.

i get the reasoning, but you just enforce it. It's not hard.

Bare bones.

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 08:18 - Mar 21 with 2928 viewsstevec

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:45 - Mar 20 by Hastings_Hoops

Wasn’t it 1-1 when Marshall got injured?
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 08:25 - Mar 21 with 2902 viewsEastR

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 08:18 - Mar 21 by stevec

Wasn’t it 1-1 when Marshall got injured?

It was, we conceded shortly after from the corner

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 10:02 - Mar 21 with 2792 viewsQPR_Hibs

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 23:32 - Mar 20 by Antti_Heinola

i get the reasoning, but you just enforce it. It's not hard.

Is this not similar to the "Bloodgate" scandal in Rugby Union which led to an investigation followed by resignations and suspensions? Can't see football doing the same though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodgate#:~:text=Bloodgate%20was%20a%20rugby%20un

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 10:07 - Mar 21 with 2782 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 22:29 - Mar 20 by nix

Yes, that's the reasoning alright.

It's been in Gaelic Games for a few years, sometimes with the same results - players getting a head injury two seconds after a leg injury.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 10:39 - Mar 21 with 2735 viewsenfieldargh

At this rate Bournemouth players will have their own medical consultant ready to run onto the pitch when they fall over.

Peterborough brought along their own GP amazing how fast they were able to make an appointment

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 13:19 - Mar 21 with 2581 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:57 - Mar 20 by toboboly

If you don't have an independent person doing the tests then there is no point having the rule

Good point!

Rugby has a protocol, football should compare and contrast with theirs.

If you present at hospital with concussion, they ask you basic questions to give an indication of a potential concussion. In theory, the response as much as the answers should provide the basis of an initial assessment.

Of course, a player can provide 'supportive' answers to allow the physio to say the player is concussed. However, if a player is genuinely concussed or faking it, then maybe the response should be one and the same i.e. the player is treated as actually having a concussion and therefore, is unable to undertake any form of training where they could risk a repeat concussion as well as being unable to play during this period as well (which I think is 14 days in rugby).

The player/club might get some initial advantage in a game where a player pulls a 'fast-one', but automatically applying a protocol that sees a player lose match-fitness and being unavailable for selection, would/might act as some form of deterrent.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 13:35 - Mar 21 with 2546 viewsNorthernr

Cheating.

And dodgy as well. Rugby union started it, rugby league is now tying itself in horrible knows with it, and it will come to football soon - a huge agenda around head injuries, concussions, legal actions. What you'll see to start with is a whole load of legislation, rigmarole and protocol that involves independent doctors on the field, 15 minutes off field for 'concussion assessments', enforced fortnight absences if you fail them etc etc. This will then creep into heading the ball - this has already been outlawed in youth training sessions, you'll see them try and add that to senior training sessions eventually, and then to the actual games. It will just creep and creep and creep until your sport doesn't look the same any more - rugby league this season - and anybody who objects will just be looked upon as a dinosaur, and "do you want all these footballers to be dribbling vegetables in retirement?"

Seeing a team do it's small bit in accelerating all of this by cheating like that, seeing a team use what we're going to be beaten up with is A Very Serious Issue to make an extra substitution... really, really poor.
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 14:12 - Mar 21 with 2468 viewsozranger

For those interested...

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/concussion-substitutes/
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 14:17 - Mar 21 with 2450 viewswombat

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 14:12 - Mar 21 by ozranger

For those interested...

another issue for me sat the speed of the DOCTOR cough cough who slowly made it onto the pitch , was that a wind up or somebody they grabbed from a back street abortion clinic ? no way was a he doctor assoc with a sports team

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 14:22 - Mar 21 with 2440 viewsNorthernr

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 14:17 - Mar 21 by wombat

another issue for me sat the speed of the DOCTOR cough cough who slowly made it onto the pitch , was that a wind up or somebody they grabbed from a back street abortion clinic ? no way was a he doctor assoc with a sports team

Yes, do we think he'd have been involved quite as often if they were 2-1 down?
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 14:38 - Mar 21 with 2400 viewsBklynRanger

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 14:12 - Mar 21 by ozranger

For those interested...

I see the last point on the 'Role of the Referee is:

'The referee (and the other match officials, especially the fourth official):

...must inform the appropriate authorities if a concern is expressed that a “concussion substitute” was potentially used incorrectly.'

It can't only be the supporters who thought that looked entirely suspect, and it's not worded like proof is needed, just an expression of concern.

If there's any view on that among the medical or coaching staff they should express that concern today and put the onus on the officials - assuming that's not too late. Otherwise what's to stop other teams doing it and jeopardising 'player welfare' by undermining the whole well-intended farce of the thing? Preston will be all fcuking over this for a start.
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 15:28 - Mar 21 with 2329 viewsDannyPaddox

Concussed hamstrings can be very painful.
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 16:24 - Mar 21 with 2207 viewsstevec

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 13:35 - Mar 21 by Northernr

Cheating.

And dodgy as well. Rugby union started it, rugby league is now tying itself in horrible knows with it, and it will come to football soon - a huge agenda around head injuries, concussions, legal actions. What you'll see to start with is a whole load of legislation, rigmarole and protocol that involves independent doctors on the field, 15 minutes off field for 'concussion assessments', enforced fortnight absences if you fail them etc etc. This will then creep into heading the ball - this has already been outlawed in youth training sessions, you'll see them try and add that to senior training sessions eventually, and then to the actual games. It will just creep and creep and creep until your sport doesn't look the same any more - rugby league this season - and anybody who objects will just be looked upon as a dinosaur, and "do you want all these footballers to be dribbling vegetables in retirement?"

Seeing a team do it's small bit in accelerating all of this by cheating like that, seeing a team use what we're going to be beaten up with is A Very Serious Issue to make an extra substitution... really, really poor.

The law of unintended consequences, usually thanks to laws thought up by well meaning mugs.

I’ve never understood why teams should be penalised for their players getting injured. Simple solution to this, go back to 5 subs which should alleviate 99% of the problem.

It would also mean less time us fans spend complaining about a certain player never getting a chance, they’d get more opportunities with 5 rather than 3 subs.

So what if stronger squads get an advantage, half of our knackered old boys might have got a bit more rest time.
Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 16:37 - Mar 21 with 2160 viewsPinnerPaul

Their fourth sub for concussion - but he did his hamstring !!! on 19:50 - Mar 20 by nix

Yep agree completely - shows you how low football can get at times, when even the trained medical personnel are complicit in cheating.

I've seen it suggested on here and RefChat that VAR should bring in a challenge system - can you imagine the abuse that would be open to by the clubs.

I hate all that - we don't pay our money to see players lying around faking injury.

As Clive has said , nothing ref can do - who wants to be the first to ignore a genuine serious head injury?

It was the same when another or it may have been the same player went down 'injured' - they kicked the ball out, but we didn't give it back - a sure sign he was faking that injury as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024