Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe 20:52 - Jul 14 with 11357 viewsDorse

My wife: told her the music from the game Tetris was, in fact, the Russian national anthem. She has a PhD.
My son: snooker is named after the game's inventor, Bob Snooker.
My daughter: Bob Ross is Greta Thunberg's dad.
My nieces: honey is collected by milking bees with little tweezers.
The whole of Year 9: the EU is forcing us to adopt decimal time, so anyone born in July or August will have to repeat the year as they weren't going to be part of the new 10 month calendar (this was a few years ago).

Any more?
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 20:54]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 20:56 - Jul 14 with 5562 viewsloftboy

My kids believed for years that the ice cream had run out if he sounded his bells.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 21:45 - Jul 14 with 5472 viewsngbqpr

Had son’s gullible WBA supporting mate believing the Baggies were in pole position to sign French starlet Renault Megane. Said he’d heard about him and hoped the deal would go through .

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 21:50 - Jul 14 with 5438 viewsNewBee

OP: My son: snooker is named after the game's inventor, Bob Snooker.

Your Wife to You: "Of course they're your kids..."
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 22:01 - Jul 14 with 5436 viewsMrSheen

I convinced my undergraduate son that the Macron Stadium was named after the President of France. For at least a minute.
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 22:15 - Jul 14 with 5397 viewsDannyPaddox

I still tell people it’s a little known fact Paul Gascoigne is Bamber Gascoigne’s nephew.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 22:38]
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 22:22 - Jul 14 with 5376 viewsDorse

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 21:50 - Jul 14 by NewBee

OP: My son: snooker is named after the game's inventor, Bob Snooker.

Your Wife to You: "Of course they're your kids..."

Actually, when she got pregnant, I told her not to panic as they might not be hers...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 22:23 - Jul 14 with 5374 viewsqueensparker

Convinced the wife that Kasabian’s Shoot The Runner was about an assassination attempt on Seb Coe at the Moscow Olympics by the KGB

She convinced a few more of her mates before I felt bad and revealed the truth
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 22:35 - Jul 14 with 5328 viewsNortholt_Rs

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 20:56 - Jul 14 by loftboy

My kids believed for years that the ice cream had run out if he sounded his bells.

Fkng brilliant!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 23:35 - Jul 14 with 5238 viewswombat

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 22:35 - Jul 14 by Northolt_Rs

Fkng brilliant!

Was on holiday fair few years ago. And as you goof chatting to some couples who we pretty
Much spent the whole holiday with . After a few days. And fair few cocktails we decided to invent a fish which had taken up residence under one the water bungalows named the donkey fish . Everyone we chatted to we had to tell them and watch how many people went snorkelling under this particular water bungalow for the remainder of the holiday we also added some more details full it even made a noise you could hear underwater if you got close to it but to be careful as it would attack u if wearing a certain colour . Let’s just say there are a lot of really stupid people around esp after a few drinks . We watched as they dove in looking intently and even back it up when they said they couldn’t find it as strange as it was there earlier and we fed it some salad from the lunch menu

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 00:35 - Jul 15 with 5180 viewskensalriser

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 22:15 - Jul 14 by DannyPaddox

I still tell people it’s a little known fact Paul Gascoigne is Bamber Gascoigne’s nephew.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 22:38]

Wait. You mean...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 08:35 - Jul 15 with 4964 viewstoboboly

People still don't believe me when I confide in them that Shakira has a prosthetic leg.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 08:56 - Jul 15 with 4936 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Neil Roberts RIP was a Glasgow Rangers fan and he used to take every opportunity to wind me up about it. It didn't seem to bother him that I was an atheiest that hated both Glasgow clubs, I was a Taig as far as his ribbing went.

Up at Goodison about thirty years ago, I convinced him and a load of his Glasgow Rangers mates that our Rangers were originally a Catholic immigrant club, hence the green and white hoops, who used to be called St. Jude's RC.

Poor Neil. He was devestated. The Glasgow Rangers fans, who'd come down to see their "sister club" left at half-time.

I enjoyed that, so I started telling other people. My mates, then a few more. Then a few more. I may have told you. If so, I apologise now.

Eventually, Gordon Macey tracked me down, and had a very polite chat with me.
The game was up. I'd had a good run of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 08:58 - Jul 15 with 4925 viewsdanehoop

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 08:35 - Jul 15 by toboboly

People still don't believe me when I confide in them that Shakira has a prosthetic leg.

well, the hips don't lie.

Never knowingly understood

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 09:07 - Jul 15 with 4889 viewsdistortR

when cd players were relatively new, a female friend was inviting a new fella round, and she brought one to impress him. She came round to borrow a film, and I told her to tell the bloke that he'd have to rewind it as we were half way through. She did. I got a nasty phone call the next day.
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 09:17 - Jul 15 with 4872 viewsPikey

Convinced a guy in the pub that all the heavy rain we were getting was because so many people were storing data in the clouds there was nowhere left for the water.
A couple of weeks later, during a rainstorm, another guy in the pub told me the same story and said the guy who told him had got it from an educated man......now I've been called some things but........
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 10:38 - Jul 15 with 4794 viewsdavman

For years, you lot always told me that we were "by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen". I believe you and now so does my son.

Barstewards.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 10:48 - Jul 15 with 4755 viewsToast_R

There is an Aston Martin dealership near me called HWM and the rumour around town for years was that it was owned by Cliff Richard.
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 10:52 - Jul 15 with 4751 viewshantssi

Told the kids that the yellow rumble strips as you approach a roundabout on major roads was to tell blind drivers to slow down - “that’s a good idea dad”!
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 11:13 - Jul 15 with 4723 viewsTheBeard

Convinced my best friend that B&Q was founded by Lynda Bellingham and Pauline Quirke. He believed it for years, I only put him straight when I overheard him telling a young lady he was trying to charm.
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 11:22 - Jul 15 with 4690 viewsthame_hoops

Dark....but as kids we were told by my nan not to lick/eat food off our knives at the dinner table or it would give us cancer in later life... made us not do it anyway
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 11:28 - Jul 15 with 4677 viewsderbyhoop

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 11:13 - Jul 15 by TheBeard

Convinced my best friend that B&Q was founded by Lynda Bellingham and Pauline Quirke. He believed it for years, I only put him straight when I overheard him telling a young lady he was trying to charm.

One time I asked this Essex girl if there was a B&Q in Basildon.
She thought for a minute and replied "I think there's a B".

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 11:58 - Jul 15 with 4626 viewsizlingtonhoop

My grandad convinced me that he was issued with a left handed, bolt-action rifle, doorin the war...

I no longer believe this
[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 12:03]
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 12:01 - Jul 15 with 4615 viewsWokingR

Always loved the story on Lads Bible about the bloke who told his girlfriend that he only snored when his nuts covered his bumhole as if they blocked the hole it caused a vacuum. Apparently she went to sleep holding his balls for years.
Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 13:15 - Jul 15 with 4492 viewsheadhoops

I managed to convince my wife that the underwater scenes in The Abyss were filmed at Guildford Lido. She did go off at the deep end when she twigged it 6 months later.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 13:19 - Jul 15 with 4432 viewsSheffieldHoop

Most Obvious Lies You Got People To Believe on 09:07 - Jul 15 by distortR

when cd players were relatively new, a female friend was inviting a new fella round, and she brought one to impress him. She came round to borrow a film, and I told her to tell the bloke that he'd have to rewind it as we were half way through. She did. I got a nasty phone call the next day.

How about that bloke who claimed to have traveled from Scotland to Isle of Man by Jet Ski during lockdown? Did that actually happen? My people over there reckon it was faked!

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024