Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon 12:20 - Dec 28 with 6255 viewsbosh67

Apparently he was meant to be at a medical to rejoin Swindon but didn't make it. I love Charlie but not sure how much is still in the tank fitness wise. Obviously Oz didn't suit the family for various reasons so he is back. He didn't leave because he wasn't prepared to take a pay cut, I know that much. Would we take him back if it was an option? Also given that we are unlikely to have any significant funds to employ a striker who has any history of scoring at this level?

Probably not and this will probably be a short thread but...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 12:23 - Dec 28 with 6159 viewsdaveB

I'd be surprised if he came back here, he seemed furious with the club with the way he was released and best dfays look behind him but wouldn't be shocked if another championship side came in for him, he'll still score goals if you create chances for him
[Post edited 28 Dec 2022 12:24]
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 12:24 - Dec 28 with 6144 viewspaulhoop2

To be honest I’m In minority I think but I’ve always loved Charlie and yes I would give him a short term contract as we won’t be paying any fees permanently. He was treated poorly in my opinion in the summer. Better then Swindon’s level in my book

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 12:36 - Dec 28 with 6084 viewsterryb

We had a thread on this subject when it was announced he was coming back from Australia.

I can't imagine that anyone has changed their views in the two weeks since then.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2022 12:41]
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 12:40 - Dec 28 with 6044 viewskensalriser

Really, who cares. Great in his pomp but his legs have gone and sadly maybe his head too going by his erratic behaviour last season.

We need a striker with a future in scoring goals at this level, not a history.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 14:13 - Dec 28 with 5764 viewsAntti_Heinola

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 12:23 - Dec 28 by daveB

I'd be surprised if he came back here, he seemed furious with the club with the way he was released and best dfays look behind him but wouldn't be shocked if another championship side came in for him, he'll still score goals if you create chances for him
[Post edited 28 Dec 2022 12:24]

Would be absolutely shocked if a Champ club took him. He can't run anymore. Didn't score a single goal with his feet last season. It's such a shame he went so downhill because he was immense for us when back on loan. But the bloke is broken down. No club is going to take him on his wages on the off chance you can put one on his nut every few games.

Bare bones.

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 14:20 - Dec 28 with 5732 viewsPunteR

Theres been a few occasions this season where we really could of done with a finisher like Austin to just put the ball in the net. One particular move v Cardiff that springs to mind where we needed a poacher to read the passage of play and get on the end of a ball that was squared. But those chances are few and far between the rest of the 90 minutes and im not sure he has the legs for a championship run to justify his wages he'll probably want.
Dont know the answer really. Could he do half a season? Will he pop up to get us that important goal ?
We all know he's got something in his locker that this team lacks.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 14:30 - Dec 28 with 5686 viewsNorthernr

A brilliant player for us, absolutely pure goals. Still think those 18 he scored in the Premier league in a crap team that got relegated is an underrated achievement that basically never gets a mention - it hardly gets a mention at QPR, and I bet if you asked that quiz question in pubs nobody would get it, but it was phenomenal of him.

But at this stage we'd be just as well getting Les down from the director's box to do a turn for us. I think in hindsight we were lucky his second spell went as well as it did, and that there was a get out in that two year deal.
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 16:26 - Dec 28 with 5441 viewsdaveB

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 14:13 - Dec 28 by Antti_Heinola

Would be absolutely shocked if a Champ club took him. He can't run anymore. Didn't score a single goal with his feet last season. It's such a shame he went so downhill because he was immense for us when back on loan. But the bloke is broken down. No club is going to take him on his wages on the off chance you can put one on his nut every few games.

I just think in what is a tight league with not much quality one of the sides like Watford might take a punt on him on a short term deal to get a few goals off the bench for them, an experienced player like him on a free is still tempting for a lot of clubs. As you say wages probably the main stumbling block but if hes in talks with Swindon his demands probably not huge.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 16:43 - Dec 28 with 5356 viewsPunteR

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 16:26 - Dec 28 by daveB

I just think in what is a tight league with not much quality one of the sides like Watford might take a punt on him on a short term deal to get a few goals off the bench for them, an experienced player like him on a free is still tempting for a lot of clubs. As you say wages probably the main stumbling block but if hes in talks with Swindon his demands probably not huge.

I thought Swindon where absolutely skint.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 17:10 - Dec 28 with 5247 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It’s difficult to say this about a club legend, but he absolutely didn’t give a shit the second time round for us. That reinvention of him as a mentor for Dykes was pure PR from the club to cover his lack of fitness.

Appreciate he is older and had a couple of injuries but nothing will remove from my mind the image of him gasping like a fish at Birmingham away and asking to come off, despite it being the tenth game of the season for him.

His Undr The Cosh interview was enlightening. He boasted about mugging off Hasselbaink because he wanted to go to Benidorm instead resulting in him missing training. No fan of Jimmy but that was outrageous bearing in mind our position at the time.

Good luck to him nonetheless.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2022 17:12]
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 17:15 - Dec 28 with 5209 viewsdavman

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 16:43 - Dec 28 by PunteR

I thought Swindon where absolutely skint.?

Ah, but remember that, according to a number of QPR fans Charlie is an angel who would play for the love of these clubs without a significant wedge.

(as if...),

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 17:54 - Dec 28 with 5092 viewsted_hendrix

This thread will recycle Itself on the 31st January 2023 and every transfer deadline day for the next 14 Years until Charlie Austin and his horse box finally sign for Hungerford Town FC.

Then and only then shall the world know peace.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 20:40 - Dec 28 with 4697 viewsFrankRightguard

He was on Sky Sports News earlier talking about his return to Swindon. The Swindon website hasn’t quite got that far yet it seems
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 22:02 - Dec 28 with 4458 viewsozexile

Plays the PR side very well. At the moment it's all about love for Swindon. Whereas before we were the love of his life. I've got no issue with it as Football can be a cruel heartless game. However he's shot as a pro athlete. I think it's time for him to go into the media that he seems to enjoy so much.
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 07:47 - Dec 29 with 4074 viewsTonto

According to my Swindle supporting mate the delay was over paperwork. Should still go through...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 07:56 - Dec 29 with 4049 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 07:47 - Dec 29 by Tonto

According to my Swindle supporting mate the delay was over paperwork. Should still go through...

Did he spill Chilli sauce on it?
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 11:10 - Dec 29 with 3811 viewsToast_R

I'm afraid he needs to call it a day. Heart doesn't appear to be in professional football anymore.
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 11:20 - Dec 29 with 3783 viewsR_from_afar

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 07:47 - Dec 29 by Tonto

Joey Barton's Bristol Rovers apparently showing interest in signing him.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 11:52 - Dec 29 with 3691 viewsw7r

Charlie is spent as a professional athlete. He was magnificent first time around for us - no question.

Second time around initially he galvanised the side a brought belief and experience and crucially, goals. His commitment and fitness nosedived, I was left embarrassed for him over some of his antics both on and off the field, he was gone, that much was obvious.

There’s absolutely no way I would sign him, he’s done at this level.
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 15:44 - Dec 30 with 3187 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Went through in the end it seems.

Good luck to him

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 17:10 - Dec 30 with 2986 viewsRs_Holy

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 15:44 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good luck to him

He appears to have more hair than when he played for us…. Probably another damming endictment on the stress levels when playing for QPR ☹️
Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 10:37 - Jan 1 with 2707 viewsR_from_afar

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 15:44 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good luck to him

He apparently went for a training session at Bristol Rovers but Joey decided not to sign him:
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/latest-ps4m-former-wes

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 19:04 - Feb 12 with 1921 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 06:12 - Feb 13 with 1286 viewsDixie_CT

Charlie Austin doesn't turn up for his medical at Swindon on 19:04 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Austin’s race is run.

His bad attitude stems from his waning ability. You could see him getting more and more petulant during his second spell with us.

Time to hang ‘em up now Charles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024