Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Confessions 22:35 - Apr 11 with 12646 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anything QPR related you want to get of your chest that would normally be shunned by the Parish, judgement free.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 22:40]
QPR Confessions on 22:42 - Apr 11 with 5592 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

As long as we stay up at the end of it, it's been refreshing having a stake in something this late in the season for once. I've quite enjoyed it in a weird way.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 22:47]
QPR Confessions on 23:09 - Apr 11 with 5510 viewsnix

I would've loved to have another season of Ian Holloway instead of Steve McLaren.

I don't think Neil Warnock is the Messiah, although he's good in a scrap.

I miss Warbs as he seemed a safe pair of hands, even though he was a bit of a rabbit in the headlights when we went into free fall last season.

I don't hate Brentford and I wish we'd copied their strategy sooner.

I really hated the Briatore/Ecclestone years.
QPR Confessions on 23:33 - Apr 11 with 5467 viewsPeterHucker

Bobby Zamora was a dreadful player for QPR.
He was injured for nearly all his time here.
If it hadn't been for that Wembley goal he'd be remembered as just another mercenary getting one final pay packet from gullible QPR owners. He would get lumped in with Park Ji-Sung, Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Shite-Phillips, Bosingwa and all those others c-units.
QPR Confessions on 23:51 - Apr 11 with 5439 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve failed as a father.All of my 3 grown up children have had season tickets in the lower loft with me from when they were 6 years old,and they’ve all fallen by wayside over the years.My 21 year old daughter,who stayed loyal until she was 17,said to me on Monday that her boyfriend has got Moan Utd memberships for them both.
This is the daughter that’s travelled all over the country with me to watch qpr,she’s even been to Burnley.And now this bombshell.
Where did I go wrong?
QPR Confessions on 23:52 - Apr 11 with 5439 viewsCiderwithRsie

When we signed Paul Parker, I didn't think we really needed a right-back given that we had Warren Neill. (Thought the same about Mark Dennis and Ian Dawes.) To be fair, I don't think anyone before Peter Shreeve thought Parker was a natural centre half.

But the really embarrassing thing was that I was more excited about signing Dean Coney as I thought he'd be an upgrade on Rosenior.

(God knows why we sold Bannister before the end of the season that year, I liked Falco and Trevor Francis as players for us, but we didn't replace Bannister as a goalscorer until Ferdinand came through.)
QPR Confessions on 00:19 - Apr 12 with 5392 viewsMrSheen

When I first started going to games as a teenager, I started with Brentford, only settling ón Rangers because it was so much easier to get to. Never had anything against the Bees as a result, though I could probably name more of their 1979-80 squad than their current lot.
QPR Confessions on 00:25 - Apr 12 with 5370 viewsconnell10

My favourite player in the 75/76 was at the time Dave Thomas, but later I've always said it was Stan Bowles ....

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

QPR Confessions on 00:44 - Apr 12 with 5349 viewsSydneyRs

Thought Boswinga was a terrific signing at the time and showed we were going places. We did go places I guess, but not the right ones.

Brentford were mentioned earlier. Can't hate them and never have, just don't care enough to hate them. Chelsea are where its at for that.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Confessions on 06:39 - Apr 12 with 5165 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When Aguero scored that goal, I was jumping up and down cheering like a lunatic!

In my defence, I had seen the Rangers bench all going mad about a minute before City equalised, so I knew we were safe. However, as a former resident of Manchester, I had an absolute hatred of United, and I also have a lot of City supporting chums who I was genuinely happy for.

I was watching it in a bar in Manila where I was living at the time, texting Rfosi and City fans throughout; the outcome suited us all: we stayed up; City won and United didn't.

All that being said, to the victor the spoils etc., I do find it annoying that we never get any credit for our part in that day.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 6:52]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR Confessions on 07:48 - Apr 12 with 5089 viewsGaryBannister86

QPR Confessions on 06:39 - Apr 12 by PlanetHonneywood

When Aguero scored that goal, I was jumping up and down cheering like a lunatic!

In my defence, I had seen the Rangers bench all going mad about a minute before City equalised, so I knew we were safe. However, as a former resident of Manchester, I had an absolute hatred of United, and I also have a lot of City supporting chums who I was genuinely happy for.

I was watching it in a bar in Manila where I was living at the time, texting Rfosi and City fans throughout; the outcome suited us all: we stayed up; City won and United didn't.

All that being said, to the victor the spoils etc., I do find it annoying that we never get any credit for our part in that day.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 6:52]

I laughed at Ferdinand when he first played for us, thought he was terrible.

That's Les, by the way, not Anton. Anton never made me laugh apart from when he got John Terry into court.
QPR Confessions on 07:51 - Apr 12 with 5051 viewsstevec

Watching Shaun Wright Phillips, shoot a great chance way over our bar at Chelsea as a packed QPR end sang ‘we won’t be signing you’ .. and he didn’t.
Head butting managers.
Total ineptitude on the pitch being properly, yeah PROPERLY, booed off the pitch.
Nearly going down but knowing it’d be alright in the end.
Neil Warnock.
Peter Ramage throwing his shirt into the crowd.
2010/11.

… I’d have Bernie Ecclestone back in a heartbeat.
QPR Confessions on 07:57 - Apr 12 with 5067 viewsHarbour

As a 14 year old I followed rangers they were and are my team but occasionally I also used to stand in the shed end…be gentle !
QPR Confessions on 08:00 - Apr 12 with 5059 viewsNorthernr

Mel and I sat in the Crown when the Hoilett signing was announced planning our QPR in Europe years.

I genuinely thought Steven Caulker was a brilliant signing. And Hill and Derry were going to be sht.

Tracey and I left the Derby game at 2-0 down. Dad and I left the Port Vale game at 4-1 down.
QPR Confessions on 08:36 - Apr 12 with 4951 viewsRs_Holy

The first team I thought I supported as a 5 year old kid was chelscum (I feel ill saying it)... However a couple of years later Peter Osgood left and I realised I had no interest in the rest of that team/club...
It was around the same time that QPR were building a team with Bowles, Thomas, Francis, Masson, Clement, Parkes etc etc ... This, and Holland (74 World Cup team), and also my dad getting tickets to see QPR (he worked with someone who could get cheap tickets) made me fall in love with footy (QPR)... A sort of perfect storm.
QPR Confessions on 08:55 - Apr 12 with 4880 viewsizlingtonhoop

QPR Confessions on 07:57 - Apr 12 by Harbour

As a 14 year old I followed rangers they were and are my team but occasionally I also used to stand in the shed end…be gentle !

There will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Luke 15:7
QPR Confessions on 09:07 - Apr 12 with 4841 viewsjoe90

I didn’t want Charlie Austin to come back and thought he was awful.

The last time I felt really happy/optimistic about QPR was when we beat Birmingham City 3-1 back in 2018. Holloway was in charge. Bright and Chair scored, Eze played really well. I remember that day a lot of things all seemed to fall into place and it really was the QPR I love.

I hate most our chants and never sing them.

I have on occasion applauded the opposition.

I need to be more open to those who see the club/performances differently to me.

In the summer I look forward to our new kits being released more than our transfer activity.

I really like this seasons home kit and thought last seasons kit was awful.
QPR Confessions on 09:24 - Apr 12 with 4810 viewsdannyblue

I get embarrassed by we pay your benefits, northern scum, and other such chants. And the loadsamoney cringe when Briatore and Ecclestone took over.

When I was about 6 my dad asked me who I supported. I said who's the best? He said Liverpool. I said "I support Liverpool". He said "no you don't".

The first match I saw was not QPR, but Portsmouth at Fulham (my dad is Pompey).

He also once took me to Highbury to try and save me from QPR misery and give me the chance to change teams. It was a nil-nil draw against Wimbledon and I was smuggly crowing about how much better the football and atmosphere was at QPR all the way through, to the evident annoyance of the other family we were with.

My first season ticket we came 5th in the top flight. I was so riled by all the missed opportunities that season I was a bit disappointed and was convinced it could only get better.

I demonstrated to get Thompson out.

I don't like Charlie Austin (but I liked his goals).
QPR Confessions on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 4798 viewsJeff

I had a tenner on Djibril Cisse to be golden boot winner after he scored / got sent off in every one of his last dozen games for us

Can we not knock it?

QPR Confessions on 09:59 - Apr 12 with 4723 viewsrobith

QPR Confessions on 23:33 - Apr 11 by PeterHucker

If it hadn't been for that Wembley goal he'd be remembered as just another mercenary getting one final pay packet from gullible QPR owners. He would get lumped in with Park Ji-Sung, Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Shite-Phillips, Bosingwa and all those others c-units.

I wish it had been Charlie that scored that goal so so badly
QPR Confessions on 10:00 - Apr 12 with 4719 viewsterryb

I didn't want us to win the 2014 Play offs!

Of course I loved the victory & I celebrated like everyone else, but I knew that it meant we were stuck with Harold.

Earlier in the season I was interviewed for a vox pop on Indie R's(?) & stated that I was dreading the play offs because we would win them. That is what employing a charlatan like Redknapp can do to you.
QPR Confessions on 10:13 - Apr 12 with 4650 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR Confessions on 23:33 - Apr 11 by PeterHucker

I'm close to you on this, except for two things:
The following season, he was pretty good in the Prem and scored some good goals. He also had a lot of injuries (not his fault - but the club's for signing him), and then I heard Chief saying that Zamora was absolutely determined to turn the fans on his side and he often played through real pain when asked. Really good example of fans not always knowing the full story, and why the 'I despise every player in this team' takes on here are so reductive.

But absolutely that final is problematic for me: it was an unbelievable moment that will forever be tainted because of who the manager was and also that season was Charlie's - I'm happy for Zamora, but for a perfect script, that chance should have fell to Austin. I know, wishful thinking. Also, we cheated financially, which takes the edge off.

Bare bones.

QPR Confessions on 10:20 - Apr 12 with 4610 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR Confessions on 09:07 - Apr 12 by joe90

I didn’t want Charlie Austin to come back and thought he was awful.

The last time I felt really happy/optimistic about QPR was when we beat Birmingham City 3-1 back in 2018. Holloway was in charge. Bright and Chair scored, Eze played really well. I remember that day a lot of things all seemed to fall into place and it really was the QPR I love.

I hate most our chants and never sing them.

I have on occasion applauded the opposition.

I need to be more open to those who see the club/performances differently to me.

In the summer I look forward to our new kits being released more than our transfer activity.

I really like this seasons home kit and thought last seasons kit was awful.

With regards to your last one, my confession:

All our kits look about the same and I can never understand the reactions (positive or negative)

Bare bones.

QPR Confessions on 10:25 - Apr 12 with 4587 viewsBlackCrowe

QPR Confessions on 10:20 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

With regards to your last one, my confession:

All our kits look about the same and I can never understand the reactions (positive or negative)

Went to see Chelsea, not once but twice, even though QPR were at home (my friend's dad was paying). Forgive me.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

QPR Confessions on 10:26 - Apr 12 with 4583 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's Austin for me as well.
Didn't like Fenwick either, and I really have no idea why.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Confessions on 10:31 - Apr 12 with 4572 viewsSuperhoop83

David Bardsley told me to f*ck off as he was taking a throw in against Wimbledon.

I shouted out something to which he, quite rightly, took offence as my criticism of a Wimbledon player also implicated a QPR player, but I'm still too embarrassed to say any more than that roughly 30 years later.

My mates still laugh about but I'm cringing just typing this.

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024