Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread 14:56 - Jan 24 with 15318 viewsPinnerPaul

The other two threads are really about attendance, so thought I would start this as THE match one!

2-1 us Hugill and young Jack for me
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:52 - Jan 24 with 1836 viewsWrightUp5hit___

That looked more than an armpit offside
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:52 - Jan 24 with 1836 viewsLunarJetman

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:50 - Jan 24 by Benny_the_Ball

Right on cue. Insipid performance by a team clearly not bothered about progressing in the FA cup.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 21:53]

Are we blaming Lumley for that one too?
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 24 with 1789 viewsRangersDave

keepers done a 'lumley' lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 24 with 1793 viewslarsricchi

And a consolation goal to give the suitors more to think about.
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 24 with 1782 viewsR_from_afar

Poor effort to stop the cross, way too far from the man, then Leistner is running towards his own goal and fails to intercept it.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 24 with 1772 viewsCamberleyR

Too little, too late.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 24 with 1755 viewsWestbourneR

Many good things tonight but we never really got going. Clarke was horrible - BOS so much better

BUT I feel like a moan and my main gripes

DROP LUMLEY AND NEVER PLAY HIM AGAIN PLEEEEEAAAASE. We've all seen enough now. He's nowhere near the level.

Pugh. Has there ever been a more disappointing and pointless player? He's just so under-powered and past it.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 24 with 1742 viewshorshamHoop

Comfortably the worst performance I have witnessed for a while, no passion, no creativity, players not good enough and players out of form - what is the point of not fielding a strong team when we are going to finish mid table.
Desperate stuff and awful for those who were there.
Login to get fewer ads

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:56 - Jan 24 with 1530 viewsBoston

Your starter for ten...who do we blame for this defeat?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:58 - Jan 24 with 1477 viewsRangersDave

the manager.

He chose the weaker team to start, never do that, EVER! or you will always end up chasing the game.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:59 - Jan 24 with 1440 viewslave16

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 24 by horshamHoop

Comfortably the worst performance I have witnessed for a while, no passion, no creativity, players not good enough and players out of form - what is the point of not fielding a strong team when we are going to finish mid table.

team talk - before the match....

MW - ok lads we're not gonna win the cup - if we fart about for 90 mins and score a consolation in the 91st minute it will look like we tried and there's a good chance we'll get a week in dubai while everyone else is playing in the next round... I'll love an oulde tan in mid feb

team talk at half time -- keep her going boys - I have a good deal on the aftersun on amazon

Full time - get the beach balls and sun cream ready lads - we'll be in Dubai in a few weeks...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:00 - Jan 24 with 1431 viewsGloucs_R

Let's be honest, that wasn't a weak team on paper. We were just crap

Poll: Are we staying up?

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:00 - Jan 24 with 1422 views08olesen

Not good enough. 1-11 it was a poor showing tonight.

For the sake of the lads mental health Lumley has got to be moved on. He is not good enough for this level and needs a fresh start elsewhere.

A really disappointing performance...

Poll: Who will the other play off

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:02 - Jan 24 with 1372 viewsted_hendrix

Yawn----------------zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, another yawn

ZZZZZZZZZZ

Yawn

Nothing to see here

ZZZzzzzz

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 24 with 1340 viewsbosh67

I know it is disappointing but I thought it looked like a pretty decent starting 11 tonight. Shame to go out the cup and we just weren't at it but some of the comments having a real go at Warburton are out of order. We ain't Liverpool and we are very much work in progress. No need to slaughter them. He has to rotate the squad and have faith in them. They failed tonight. They succeeded against Leeds. He could have played the same team tonight with the same outcome. It happens.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:04 - Jan 24 with 1315 viewsCiderwithRsie

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 24 by horshamHoop

The trouble is that on paper it's not a "poor" team - it had Eze, Chair, Hugill; shiny new Masterson we were all cooing over less than a week ago; the keeper we started the season with; Manning, who was a revelation at FB at the start of the season and most of us would expect together several mill for if sold; Leistner; our new loanee from Spurs...

It's not that its a weak team, its that having spent all season with a crap defence, and having finally ground out a 1-0 win last week, the defence and keeper that started that match was not retained in full, and we doubled down on throwing all the attackers we could into the team. As so often in the cup, it's the unnecessary changing of the shape, not the fact that the side iOS full of kids or reserves.
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:05 - Jan 24 with 1308 viewskarl

I think when you p1ss about rotating all the time you steal hunger from the squad, who's worried about dropping their performance level from maximum as you'll get left out/selected regardless.
Team on the pitch should be the best available at the time, if someone tires and needs a couple of weeks rest then drop him as he's not the best available but until that happens pick him till he loses that edge. It's pretty simple and I think Klopp is the best at holding his nerve and doing it, most coaches look up the league and copy what the elite are doing so expect this to happen quite broadly in a few years I would think.
Not rocket science though is it?
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 24 with 1247 viewsCiderwithRsie

PS on Lumley: I know it's really irritating when some people are on a player's back from the get go but I think it has to be recognised that said people are at bottom right - as with Ingram before, he's not good enough right now, possibly never will be.

Since Kelly wasn't on the bench I presume he was injured so no point winging about him not being in the 11, but Lumley is worth a goal to the other side every game.
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:09 - Jan 24 with 1232 viewsPhilmyRs

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:58 - Jan 24 by RangersDave

the manager.

He chose the weaker team to start, never do that, EVER! or you will always end up chasing the game.

Really? You didn’t see the Swansea game then where we smashed them 5-1 having made numerous changes, including giving a young kid his debut. Nothing wrong with some squad rotation. Having two wide men lacking match sharpness was a mistake in my opinion as was keeping Lumley in goal. I feel for the kid, he’s indecisive and unsure of himself at the moment and needs a break. I thought Matherson looked good again and Eze looks a cut above, showing a more mature side to his game these days. Bright is a handful but overall disappointed. I think we’re a better team than Wednesday and we largely contributed to our own downfall tonight. Need to cool down in a dark room.
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:14 - Jan 24 with 1149 viewskarl

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 24 by CiderwithRsie

PS on Lumley: I know it's really irritating when some people are on a player's back from the get go but I think it has to be recognised that said people are at bottom right - as with Ingram before, he's not good enough right now, possibly never will be.

Since Kelly wasn't on the bench I presume he was injured so no point winging about him not being in the 11, but Lumley is worth a goal to the other side every game.

It'll be a 'niggle' but by over protecting Kelly I do think Lumley has been hung out to dry.
He cannot be blamed for his performance as that has been his level for a few weeks, what did anyone including the manager expect? He can be a decent keeper but he needed away from the first team for a few weeks to just get back to basics, I feel sorry for him and think it's cost us a cup run.
Imo Kelly, Wallace, BOS and Wells start the game with Lumley, Manning, Hugill and Clarke out. Kelly and BOS alone win us that game

Edit
And Amos for Ball
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 22:15]
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:17 - Jan 24 with 1117 viewsPhilmyRs

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:14 - Jan 24 by karl

It'll be a 'niggle' but by over protecting Kelly I do think Lumley has been hung out to dry.
He cannot be blamed for his performance as that has been his level for a few weeks, what did anyone including the manager expect? He can be a decent keeper but he needed away from the first team for a few weeks to just get back to basics, I feel sorry for him and think it's cost us a cup run.
Imo Kelly, Wallace, BOS and Wells start the game with Lumley, Manning, Hugill and Clarke out. Kelly and BOS alone win us that game

Edit
And Amos for Ball
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 22:15]

Yeah agree with all that and reflects my own view on Lumley. Would possibly add Hall for Leinster as well.
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:18 - Jan 24 with 1092 viewskarl

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:17 - Jan 24 by PhilmyRs

Yeah agree with all that and reflects my own view on Lumley. Would possibly add Hall for Leinster as well.

Forgot him!
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:20 - Jan 24 with 1067 viewsToast_R

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 24 by bosh67

I know it is disappointing but I thought it looked like a pretty decent starting 11 tonight. Shame to go out the cup and we just weren't at it but some of the comments having a real go at Warburton are out of order. We ain't Liverpool and we are very much work in progress. No need to slaughter them. He has to rotate the squad and have faith in them. They failed tonight. They succeeded against Leeds. He could have played the same team tonight with the same outcome. It happens.

He deserves all the criticism in the world tonight. That was throwing us all under a bus. Team selection was poor, the way we played, even worse. Tossing off a plumb tie in the 5th round when the club needs all the dough it can bring in... words absolutely fail me. A piece of the season just died in the most henious manor.

Our two full backs were a complete pile of w@nk. Kane, how is he even a professional footballer? He was worse than useless. Manning, what's happened to him? His game has fallen off a cliff, can't seem to cross a ball anymore. Get him back in the middle or not at all.
Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:21 - Jan 24 with 1058 viewsLblock

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:52 - Jan 24 by LunarJetman

Are we blaming Lumley for that one too?

Yes

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 22:23 - Jan 24 with 1034 viewsRangers67

Was Saturday, now Friday Wednesday Match Thread on 21:56 - Jan 24 by Boston

Your starter for ten...who do we blame for this defeat?

Simple MW, LUmley, KAne
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024