Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message to Hoos 17:01 - Feb 8 with 7045 viewsconnell10

Good luck with the season ticket sales!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Message to Hoos on 08:56 - Feb 9 with 1644 viewsDixie_CT

Does anybody have a record of season ticket sales in the last 15-20 years? Would be interesting to see the numbers and how they have changed each season year.

My gut thinks that whatever goes on at the club that we would have circa. 8k season ticket holders. Tradition, foolishness, habit and status is enough alone for me to renew but those motivations are increasingly diluted by other factors.

As for the stadium, the club has tried to progress this project but its very difficult when they hold little power over the owners of the land, whom, for wahatever reason, don't really want to play ball.
Message to Hoos on 09:22 - Feb 9 with 1595 viewsdavman

Message to Hoos on 08:56 - Feb 9 by Dixie_CT

Does anybody have a record of season ticket sales in the last 15-20 years? Would be interesting to see the numbers and how they have changed each season year.

My gut thinks that whatever goes on at the club that we would have circa. 8k season ticket holders. Tradition, foolishness, habit and status is enough alone for me to renew but those motivations are increasingly diluted by other factors.

As for the stadium, the club has tried to progress this project but its very difficult when they hold little power over the owners of the land, whom, for wahatever reason, don't really want to play ball.

Probably true on the numbers, but I'd like to see the average age too. If, as suspected, that's getting older, which gives another reason for numbers to start reducing...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Message to Hoos on 09:23 - Feb 9 with 1593 viewsHastings_Hoops

Message to Hoos on 22:26 - Feb 8 by ozexile

It does explain it and explain it very well. And that'd be the case if it was only a couple of players needed, but I reckon we need..... just to compete:

Gk
RB
LB
2 x CB

2 x CM

1 x LM

2 X Strikers

1 x No.10

That is assuming BOS stays. If he goes then a RM as well. If Eze stays then we don't need a no.10.

I think BOS needs to go with Eze in the summer (been posting this all year) in order that Warburton has some decent cash to work with. Also posted that my hunch was clearing the books a bit through Scowen and Leistner in order to offer BOS a contract that he will sign in order to flog him for good money this summer - £1m contract improvement now will be worth £££’s in the summer. That would be good business sense.

In terms of BOS replacement I think we have this in Shodipo and potentially Clarke on a permanent.
Message to Hoos on 09:28 - Feb 9 with 1574 viewsNortholt_Rs

Message to Hoos on 09:22 - Feb 9 by davman

Probably true on the numbers, but I'd like to see the average age too. If, as suspected, that's getting older, which gives another reason for numbers to start reducing...

You only have to look at the crowd on match days to see we are not attracting new, younger supporters. It’s mostly old wänkers like me!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Message to Hoos on 09:38 - Feb 9 with 1558 viewsWatford_Ranger

Message to Hoos on 09:23 - Feb 9 by Hastings_Hoops

I think BOS needs to go with Eze in the summer (been posting this all year) in order that Warburton has some decent cash to work with. Also posted that my hunch was clearing the books a bit through Scowen and Leistner in order to offer BOS a contract that he will sign in order to flog him for good money this summer - £1m contract improvement now will be worth £££’s in the summer. That would be good business sense.

In terms of BOS replacement I think we have this in Shodipo and potentially Clarke on a permanent.

I’m slightly terrified by the prospect of losing them and giving Warburton £10m or so of it to sign some Scottish dross.
Message to Hoos on 09:51 - Feb 9 with 1521 viewsozexile

Message to Hoos on 09:23 - Feb 9 by Hastings_Hoops

Shodipo has played maybe 1 game and a handful of substitute appearances in nearly 4 years. We can't hang our hat on that injury record.
Message to Hoos on 10:56 - Feb 9 with 1427 viewsstevec

Message to Hoos on 23:24 - Feb 8 by stowmarketrange

I went to Leyton Orient the week before last and while it is pretty small,they paid for the refurbishments by selling the corners for flats and housing.
Fulham can only expand on 3 sides because there are no obstructions in their way.
Our biggest mistake was not buying the land at the school end,but that would’ve only meant 1 stand that would adequate,while the rest would have to redesigned to make it any bigger.

Unfortunately we are stuck with what we’ve got until some miracle happens.

Cheers, I wasn’t aware of what Orient have tried, a club that’s been through hell in the last 6/7 years, but at least they’re having a go.

As such, I owe an apology to them, we’re not even on their level of progressiveness.
Message to Hoos on 11:40 - Feb 9 with 1383 viewsDavieQPR

They have been trying to offload Leistner for ages. It was not a case of how good he was but how much he was earning.
Login to get fewer ads

Message to Hoos on 11:49 - Feb 9 with 1358 viewsPastCaringNW2

I am renewing especially as my youngest who is in her mid 20s has mysteriously picked now to set aside her love of Celtic (nurtured at a Loftus Road in a pre season game way back when) and is asking to come and support the Rs. I view it as character forming rather than tantamount to abuse. Though that is not to say a couple of recent decisions haven't challenged my resolve.

Wells going is as we all know a case of pure economics versus keeping the average age of the squad next season at, or preferably, under 25. Can't really argue with it even though I hate it. A root canal of a transfers - I'll moan but I'll live.

My big worry when coughing up for next season is not which of the three young starlets will be sold and for how much (I am figuring only Eze will be allowed to go unless the money for Bright goes nuts and Chair definitely needs another year at least at this level) but that Pugh and Kane (the Tim Breaker and Keith Rowland of the 2020s) and Wallace become team leaders by default. Not least because with Hall, Scowen and Leistner gone and Cameron and Rangel more out of contention than actually available to play the pickings elsewhere are so slim.

Leistner - Looks like nothing more or less than a public exhibition of the personal authority of the manager. On the face of it letting him go on loan of all things is a glaring admission of our paltry ambitions for this year (and probably next too as we wont be replacing him like for like) but if it was a case of "he goes or I go" then I guess danke und gute nacht was the only sensible outcome. One of the genuine bright spots of the last two seasons has been his positioning against set pieces, deep crosses and long balls. I miss him already.

Scowen - this one mystifies me almost as much as letting Bradley Allen go in 96 when we were either drawing games that were totally winnable or losing games by the odd goal that should never have seen us going behind in the first place.

Why? Well never mind the back 3 / 4 / 5 it is the central midfield pairings that have been the source of our biggest problems. Especially now that their lack of creativity is exposed (Wells was one of the best creative passers in the team. Certainly in the top two).

Two from three out of Amos, Ball and Cameron is going to be nowhere near good enough playing in either direction. Whereas Wallace, Hall, Barbet, Manning and Masterson could all very well be good enough (individually if not collectively) if better protected and they had someone to give the ball too that was actually reliably competent in possession and were mobile enough to carry the ball forward when other options are blocked . I don't care that he made errors and I don't care what was left on his contract (surely on nowhere near Toni's wage) there are few enough players fit to play in that position, in either sense of that word, as it is and he was good enough in my book to play every week.

Mlakar and Smith - If you aren't getting in this team, especially in those positions, then chances are you are not training well enough to play. Two classic cases of never looking good in the shirt and never looking likely to either.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 11:51]
Message to Hoos on 11:53 - Feb 9 with 1346 viewsNed_Kennedys

Message to Hoos on 11:40 - Feb 9 by DavieQPR

They have been trying to offload Leistner for ages. It was not a case of how good he was but how much he was earning.

Then who was responsible for giving him such a big contract when we signed him relatively recently during a period we were allegedly trying hard to sort our finances out? I think its more that MW doesn't rate him and thinks Hall is much better which is totally incorrect IMO. Same with pushing Scowen out so we can play a Tottenham loan player most weeks who is also not as good as MW seems to think.
Message to Hoos on 12:01 - Feb 9 with 1336 viewsRangersw12

Scowen has been poor for 2 seasons

He was good when he was in a 3 with Freeman and Luongo but failed when he was in a 2

Wasn't in the plans of the last two managers which says a lot about his ability
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 12:04]
Message to Hoos on 12:46 - Feb 9 with 1282 viewsRangersDave

Message to Hoos on 22:38 - Feb 8 by stevec

London clubs who have been in the PL
Arsenal - new stadium
Spurs - new stadium
West Ham - new stadium
Chelsea - redeveloped stadium all sides
Palace - 2 new stands
Fulham - 3 new stands
Charlton - redeveloped stadium all sides
QPR - nada

London clubs who have never been in the PL
Brentford - new stadium 20/21
Millwall - new stadium
Wimbledon - new stadium 21/22

It’s so long since we played Leyton Orient I haven’t a clue what their ground is like, but in terms of progressiveness, that is the type of club we are on a level with these days.

96m x 126m, with it being a 'L' shape , would have been the plot we could have had, had we thought ahead (previous owners).

This would have allowed for a school end dedicated to Rangers fans about 3 times the size it is now, with the loft being enlarged accordingly and both long sides 'budged' down, allowing space for the loft redevelopment.

A huge mistake made not getting it when available, if only to sit on the land!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Message to Hoos on 14:01 - Feb 9 with 1195 viewsMatch82

Message to Hoos on 23:05 - Feb 8 by Lblock

NINE points clear

That’s a success is it? Feeling comfortable are we? Not here, not in this enclave of West London
Another game Tuesday night. Another limp dick away defeat where our Captain will go through the motions, where we’ll have as much penetration as an Emmanuel movie and the message will be “clinical, chances, clinical, errors, clinical”. So then maybe SIX points.
Two home games then.... fancy creaking the history books for seven defeats on the spin???? Could happen.......

When you sleepwalk into a relegation battle you’re really in the smelly. Yet another season where we think “it won’t be us” yet look over your shoulders you cocks!!! The really sad thing is this season is the one I think we’re least equipped to actually crawl out of it. Our last no nonsense player bar Hugill shipped out on loan (still club captain wasn’t he?) and the only other players with the minerals for it seem to be a kid not yet made five half a dozen senior appearances and a fella from Rotherham reserves.

I desperately hope we finish February having gained another seven points, less than five is a real disaster

Must win games are around the corner me thinks

Honestly, I think if you had asked most people at the start of this season if being nine points clear at this point in the season would be a success I think most would have said yes. And we have done it without any McClaren or Redknapp splurges which would have been a step back.

Doesn't mean we should be satisfied with it and sack off the rest of the season, and we do have a worrying habit of going on big losing runs in the second half of the season, but so far, yes, I'd say it's been a success.

What is so frustrating is that we have this wealth of young attacking talent (which the board should get credit for identifying and the coaches and manager should get credit for developing) but it's difficult to get too excited because we seem to have a blind spot for how to defend, so we are always on edge in the games. Somebody made a point on here yesterday about scoring the first goal and it feels so true, it just relaxed everyone and the games become so much more enjoyable
Message to Hoos on 14:55 - Feb 9 with 1116 viewsPinnerPaul

Message to Hoos on 18:14 - Feb 8 by actonman

So the answer was to make it even weaker then ?

Masterson is 'weaker' than Toni?
Message to Hoos on 15:24 - Feb 9 with 1057 viewsNed_Kennedys

Message to Hoos on 14:55 - Feb 9 by PinnerPaul

Masterson is 'weaker' than Toni?

Hall definitely is.
Message to Hoos on 16:35 - Feb 9 with 987 viewsWatford_Ranger

Message to Hoos on 11:40 - Feb 9 by DavieQPR

This is true. I’d like to think we’d have offloaded Hall instead if anyone had wanted him.
Message to Hoos on 16:58 - Feb 9 with 963 viewsbosh67

How about a season ticket where you only pay if you win? Good value at about £100 this season so far.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Message to Hoos on 17:41 - Feb 9 with 911 viewsTGRRRSSS

DOn't we have this kind of thing every season, Wright did a lot of damage and people have forgotten some of the people he had involved - Clive Berlin anyone???...

As for Gianni Paladini and Briatore.........

You do fear though that TF, LH and co could end up making a bigger mess than even the aforementioned.

I think it's worth remembering when it comes to Hoo's is he is firstly an employee - but also, whisper it quietly - He might be a bit of a c nut - but he's our c nut he's proven to be better than PB and he does have a tricky job.
He also in my view isnt actually that good at the PR side, and he makes a few really silly decsions for the finances which actually cost him, because he focuses on the bottom line in a very black and white way, instead of thinking how to get more in to make money he's a cost cutter - as we saw with the FA Cup for instance.
Also his as I call it "turn up ticket tax"

This is before we talk about booking fees and pricing......

Thats not to say he's terrible I think we do have many issues to juddge - but I think he specifically makes some personal PR clangers that make things worse for him/the club.

IMHO of course
Message to Hoos on 23:11 - Feb 9 with 779 viewsLoftgirl

Message to Hoos on 17:41 - Feb 9 by TGRRRSSS

DOn't we have this kind of thing every season, Wright did a lot of damage and people have forgotten some of the people he had involved - Clive Berlin anyone???...

As for Gianni Paladini and Briatore.........

You do fear though that TF, LH and co could end up making a bigger mess than even the aforementioned.

I think it's worth remembering when it comes to Hoo's is he is firstly an employee - but also, whisper it quietly - He might be a bit of a c nut - but he's our c nut he's proven to be better than PB and he does have a tricky job.
He also in my view isnt actually that good at the PR side, and he makes a few really silly decsions for the finances which actually cost him, because he focuses on the bottom line in a very black and white way, instead of thinking how to get more in to make money he's a cost cutter - as we saw with the FA Cup for instance.
Also his as I call it "turn up ticket tax"

This is before we talk about booking fees and pricing......

Thats not to say he's terrible I think we do have many issues to juddge - but I think he specifically makes some personal PR clangers that make things worse for him/the club.

IMHO of course

Who's Hoo's?
Message to Hoos on 20:16 - Feb 11 with 523 viewsTGRRRSSS

Lee Hoos evil twin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024