Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we rest BOS next week? 10:18 - Mar 1 with 4447 viewsPikey

If I've got this right BOS is one booking away from a 3 match ban and next week is the last match before it goes from 10 to 15. So should we rest him next week to ensure we have him uninterrupted after that?
My view is yes but be interested in other thoughts .
Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:23 - Mar 1 with 3272 viewssmegma

No. You should always start with your strongest line up. It's not a guarantee he will get booked is it?? The only guarantee is him starting gives us an outlet a lot of defences cant cope with.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:23 - Mar 1 with 3260 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:23 - Mar 1 by smegma

No. You should always start with your strongest line up. It's not a guarantee he will get booked is it?? The only guarantee is him starting gives us an outlet a lot of defences cant cope with.

Ya, but we should take him off if we go 7-2 up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:26 - Mar 1 with 3246 viewsLongsufferingR

If we ask to have the same ref again next week, he won't get booked whatever he does, so no worries.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:44 - Mar 1 with 3199 viewsnix

I would.

I'd rather he missed Preston away and was around for Barnsley at home and Charlton away. Preston are famously well organised and have a good defence, so are more likely to be able to handle him. They also are quite good at the dark arts from memory, which includes getting players booked.

I think we've got a really good chance of getting all six points for the following two games.

Also it's worked out well giving other players a rest this season, they've come back really strong.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:59 - Mar 1 with 3165 viewsCamberleyR

Re the OP it would be a two match ban he'll get, same as Cameron got for accumulating ten.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Do we rest BOS next week? on 11:03 - Mar 1 with 3153 viewsbosh67

Possibly. Our record at Preston is dire. If this is the case perhaps put him on the bench and play Chair.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Do we rest BOS next week? on 11:52 - Mar 1 with 3074 viewssmegma

Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:44 - Mar 1 by nix

I would.

I'd rather he missed Preston away and was around for Barnsley at home and Charlton away. Preston are famously well organised and have a good defence, so are more likely to be able to handle him. They also are quite good at the dark arts from memory, which includes getting players booked.

I think we've got a really good chance of getting all six points for the following two games.

Also it's worked out well giving other players a rest this season, they've come back really strong.

We beat them at home with BOS doing his bit in a great performance. Start him.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 13:07 - Mar 1 with 2916 viewsHAYESBOY

Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:23 - Mar 1 by BrianMcCarthy

A bit early after 20 mins...……..

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Do we rest BOS next week? on 13:23 - Mar 1 with 2879 viewsnix

Do we rest BOS next week? on 11:52 - Mar 1 by smegma

We beat them at home with BOS doing his bit in a great performance. Start him.

That was at home though. Different story away. But if he does start I hope to be proved wrong.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 13:46 - Mar 1 with 2827 viewsterryb

I can't think of a side that BOS is more likely to pick up a caution/sending off.

Pearson will be demanding one before the kick off is taken!
Do we rest BOS next week? on 13:54 - Mar 1 with 2809 viewsgazza1

Play him and make sure he keeps his head.....most of his yellow cards this season because of his ill discipline.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 14:35 - Mar 1 with 2738 viewsngbqpr

Do we rest BOS next week? on 10:23 - Mar 1 by BrianMcCarthy

You see us conceding then Brian?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Do we rest BOS next week? on 14:40 - Mar 1 with 2724 viewsactonman

Rest him, it’s not like we have nobody to step in and take his place.

It would be typical us to play him, lose and then get him banned for games we have a better chance of winning .
Do we rest BOS next week? on 15:19 - Mar 1 with 2651 viewsloftus77

It's a tough one this. You can see arguments either way.

At the end of the day, the sensible thing is to go 'Brian Clough' on it and keep it simple i.e. play him. Not strictly 'never change a a winning team' as such but certainly an in form team unbeaten in 5 - and BOS has been a massive part of that success.

We rest him and he starts superbly against Barnsley then picks up a season-ending injury? It's the lot of a footballer's life.

He's bang in form, play him at Deepdale, says I.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 15:34]
Do we rest BOS next week? on 16:03 - Mar 1 with 2566 viewsdaveB

I'd play him and try and win the game, we're not good enough to pick and choose which games our best players play in
Do we rest BOS next week? on 16:12 - Mar 1 with 2545 viewsPinnerPaul

Play him - what are we sacrificing him for - a better chance to finish 11th?
Do we rest BOS next week? on 17:01 - Mar 1 with 2502 viewsTGRRRSSS

I can see the sense in giving him a rest the other 2 are not only immensly more winnable - though I accept things don't work that way but also those 6 points is big turn around to keep us safe - but either way if he played we lose, he gets suspended then we lose the other 2 things might look rather more uncomfortable - Charlton away will be tough anyway as we're awful in London - away that is.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 17:09 - Mar 1 with 2482 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Do we rest BOS next week? on 14:35 - Mar 1 by ngbqpr

You see us conceding then Brian?

I think we might, ngb. It's just possible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Do we rest BOS next week? on 21:17 - Mar 1 with 2360 viewsLazyFan

Rest him, we need him for those other games. He will come back fitter and better like he did before and we would have avoided the risk. Also a chance to see what Clarke or Shodipo can do.

Possibly play even Todd Kane on the right in front of Angel. Making it really hard for PNE down that side.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Do we rest BOS next week? on 21:20 - Mar 1 with 2352 viewsHastings_Hoops

Play Sho[p]ido
Do we rest BOS next week? on 21:28 - Mar 1 with 2341 viewsNorthernr

Two match ban and yeh I would, try and blitz Barnsley the week after.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 21:44 - Mar 1 with 2317 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'd rest him.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 22:37 - Mar 1 with 2264 viewsOldPedro

I'm torn on this one - haven't been able to get to many games this season and I'm going to Preston, so would love to see him play. On the other hand, it seems sensible to avoid the possibility of a 2 match ban

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Do we rest BOS next week? on 23:14 - Mar 1 with 2230 viewsplasmahoop

Rest him.
Do we rest BOS next week? on 09:36 - Mar 2 with 2110 viewsfrancisbowles

I'm 51-49% in favour of resting him. Charlton is on the Tuesday, so he won't have too long to wait for his next game and we have Shodipo, Chair and Clarke all available to come in.

Think I would start Chair as he will give us the most defensively.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024