Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin interview 09:28 - Apr 13 with 14092 viewsNorthernr

Basically been wanting to do this from the moment he left and finally had the privlege of chatting with Ale last week for a deep dive into his career.

Part one...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52269/the-ale-faur
Ale Faurlin interview on 09:28 - Apr 13 with 5861 viewsNorthernr

Part two...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52270/the-ale-faur
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:03 - Apr 13 with 5735 viewsMiss_Terraces

Ale Faurlin interview on 09:28 - Apr 13 by Northernr

Part two...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52270/the-ale-faur

Thank you, thank you so much. I love the man

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Ale Faurlin interview on 10:34 - Apr 13 with 5673 viewsFearless

Amazing Clive - many thanks, Ian
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:42 - Apr 13 with 5637 viewsmcqpr10

Great read. What a player and man. Haven’t had a centre midfielder of his quality since. Can’t remember ever being so upset at a player being injured than with his ligament woes.
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:44 - Apr 13 with 5630 viewsOldPedro

Great interview - one of my favourite players from recent times.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ale Faurlin interview on 10:45 - Apr 13 with 5629 viewsPBLOCK

Top work Clive

I absolutely loved Faurlin from the moment he joined he just looked like a ‘proper’ footballer.

He loved a tackle worked really hard and had a wand of a left foot.

Was a brilliant player for Rangers and had he not got the first knee injury I think he would have certainly gone to a bigger team as his game was getting better and better and at the time in my opinion he was one of the best midfielders in the Prem.

Always came across as a decent bloke as well

Top man
Ale Faurlin interview on 10:47 - Apr 13 with 5623 viewsted_hendrix

At last something decent to read on here thanks Clive.

Bought back some great memories for me, strewth the bloke had a fantastic left peg on him also I don't think in all the times I watched him play home or away he ever missed a header,
I thought he was a great header of the ball.

There were some sombre QPR fans leaving Milton Keynes that bloody day me included.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ale Faurlin interview on 10:55 - Apr 13 with 5580 viewsstowmarketrange

Thanks for that Clive.He was one hell of a player for us and I can’t wait to show how much he meant to us when he comes back for his induction.
Login to get fewer ads

Ale Faurlin interview on 11:03 - Apr 13 with 5551 viewsRoller

Just when I thought I couldn't love Ale any more than I already do, this comes along. Brilliant Clive, thanks mate.
Ale Faurlin interview on 11:20 - Apr 13 with 5490 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brilliant interview. Brilliant player. Brilliant man.

Thanks Clive. Really appreciated.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ale Faurlin interview on 11:23 - Apr 13 with 5479 viewsterryb

Thank you Clive & especially the last question about Forever R's!

Hopefully the club will give full notice of when he returns for his induction.
Ale Faurlin interview on 11:49 - Apr 13 with 5401 viewsSimplyNico

Brilliant interview. The comment about Jamie Mackie was both hilarious and borne out by his Covid fitness video.
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:06 - Apr 13 with 5365 viewsHAYESBOY

One of the best performances by a QPR player I have ever seen was Faurlin against Man City at home.
Sure we lost 3-2, but Faurlin that night was brilliant. He as playing against players rated in the tens of millions and he made them look ordinary.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ale Faurlin interview on 12:11 - Apr 13 with 5351 viewsJamesB1979

Interesting comment on Adel, saying that we needed him more than he needed us. Very honest. Shame Barton came in and destroyed everything.
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:14 - Apr 13 with 5342 viewsWadR

Thanks for this Clive, brilliant interview.
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:33 - Apr 13 with 5303 viewsQPR_Jim

Great read, great player. I'm glad he still thinks fondly of QPR.
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:42 - Apr 13 with 5268 viewsHunterhoop

Thanks, Clive. Great to read.

Love the man. Such a good player. It was obvious the moment he joined. He could see passes no one else could, and he could execute them! His pass and move game was light years ahead of the central midfielders we’d had in previous years; always showing for it, always already clear in his head what he was going to do with it before he received a pass. He was instrumental in making Adel look so good.

Injuries were so cruel to him. But he kept coming back and still being good, our best central midfielder, even if not all managers realised it.

Super player. Definitely in my all time favourite XI.
Ale Faurlin interview on 12:56 - Apr 13 with 5233 viewsloftboy

Ale Faurlin interview on 12:11 - Apr 13 by JamesB1979

Interesting comment on Adel, saying that we needed him more than he needed us. Very honest. Shame Barton came in and destroyed everything.

Yet Ale spoke very highly of Barton in that interview.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ale Faurlin interview on 13:44 - Apr 13 with 5108 viewsThe_Beast1976

They don't make many like him in the modern era
Ale Faurlin interview on 13:51 - Apr 13 with 5090 viewsbosh67

Brilliant interview Clive.

I can't think of any other player who has come back so often and successfully from catastrophic injuries as Ale did. His last season for us was a joy to watch and I still feel baffled that it was at that point that we let him go.

You do wonder where Ale would have gone if he hadn't had the injuries. He was a sensational player and I guess he either would have stayed a lot longer and been a regular captain for us or moved to a higher level.

In his pomp he controlled that midfield and sprayed balls around in the same way that Ray Wilkins did at his time here. You can't give a player a better compliment than that.

Absolutely must be inducted as a Forever R. A student of the beautiful game, the comeback king and everything that is good about the way we play. I just wish he was 23 again, injury free and playing for Mark Warburton next to Eze. How good would that be.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ale Faurlin interview on 13:56 - Apr 13 with 5070 viewsdaveB

looking forward to reading this, still find it bizarre that JFH got rid of him with the idea being he wanted to play a high temp pressing game which made sense as that style wasn't suited to Faurlin but he then never played that way. Wasn't Ferdinands finest hour either that summer, the way they let players go was poor compared to what they did giving Mackie and Ned a send off a year later
Ale Faurlin interview on 14:11 - Apr 13 with 5021 viewsflynnbo

Redknapp being shown up again for the clown he was.
Ale Faurlin interview on 14:39 - Apr 13 with 4949 viewsFrankRightguard

Ale Faurlin interview on 13:56 - Apr 13 by daveB

looking forward to reading this, still find it bizarre that JFH got rid of him with the idea being he wanted to play a high temp pressing game which made sense as that style wasn't suited to Faurlin but he then never played that way. Wasn't Ferdinands finest hour either that summer, the way they let players go was poor compared to what they did giving Mackie and Ned a send off a year later

Further proof, if proof were needed, that JFH didn’t have the faintest idea what he was doing. Ferdinand also doesn’t come out of that well either for his handling of the situation.
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:30 - Apr 13 with 4836 viewsWadR

Ale Faurlin interview on 13:56 - Apr 13 by daveB

Especially as he was notionally replaced by Borysiuk (£1m and barely played a game) and Cousins (£1m and barely played in CM that season when he was fit).

Reading the pieces a second time, I really love Faurlin's idiosyncratic and, given his musical output, totally apt use of 'jam' to describe players gelling.
Ale Faurlin interview on 15:31 - Apr 13 with 4835 viewsquickpassrotter

Very well done Clive, even by your own standards that was excellent to be able to set up, and construct something so insightful. I enjoyed the read very much.
I really can't think of anything original to say about Ale Faurlin from a fan's perspective as I think that it has all been said before, and certainly here.
One of my favourite R's players of all time - just thought that he was a brilliant footballer. Certainly if the injuries had not hit him, Ale would have gone on to be recognised far greater than just within our own fan base. That left foot of his !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024