Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else starting to think 18:57 - Aug 10 with 4437 viewsbosh67

that there is some kind of conspiracy going on around other clubs coming in for our players? It's almost as if they either want to come in with a bid to steal them or just let them play until they are out of contract and get them for nothing.

West Ham are a case in point. Allegedly don't want to bid much for Eze but want their money back and more for Hugill.

Just feels like we come in for special treatment in the transfer market. Just starve players out of us and then set stupid fees to get them in.

Anyone else starting to get this feeling?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is anyone else starting to think on 19:00 - Aug 10 with 3187 viewsnix

I don't know about a conspiracy but I do think they believe we're in a weak position so will end up having to sell at a cut price.

If just one club comes in for Eze at a half decent price, say, £15 million, I think we'll get other offers in. But they're all waiting for someone else to blink!
Is anyone else starting to think on 19:02 - Aug 10 with 3180 viewsLazyFan

The ones who want to buy need it seems to sell first. Probably the same with some others. So, we need some big clubs to make some big buys and several of them before it ripples to us.

zzzzzzzzzz

Is anyone else starting to think on 21:17 - Aug 10 with 2936 viewseghamranger

Liverpool just paid £12 million for a reserve left back...

They already have Robertson, Gomez, Williams and Milner that can play there.

Eze must be worth over £20 million...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 21:21]
Is anyone else starting to think on 22:37 - Aug 10 with 2751 viewsNewBee

"West Ham are a case in point. Allegedly don't want to bid much for Eze but want their money back and more for Hugill."

The Dildo Brothers are notorious for comng in with laughable bids for players, esp at lower league clubs, in the hope that their clubs will just give in, or it will turn the player's head meaning he'll agitate for a move.

Brentford have had to tell them to piss off a couple of times.
Is anyone else starting to think on 22:56 - Aug 10 with 2685 viewsBoston

Is anyone else starting to think on 21:17 - Aug 10 by eghamranger

Liverpool just paid £12 million for a reserve left back...

They already have Robertson, Gomez, Williams and Milner that can play there.

Eze must be worth over £20 million...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 21:21]

You're worth what someone will pay, not what you think you are.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Is anyone else starting to think on 23:20 - Aug 10 with 2641 viewsdavman

Never forget, we are the cursed club. Aside from Adel and Zamora, very, very little has gone our way since 1994...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is anyone else starting to think on 23:22 - Aug 10 with 2634 viewsLblock

If you develop a reputation of being the village bike then people are going to step to you expecting the ride. It’ll take you a long time of saying no, demanding to be wined and dined a few times before you’re sixty nined until people will take you seriously

I’d be opening up with bids of 8 mill plus further payments due upon Israel and Palestine having a love in rave as well. The board need to show some minerals in their dealings

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is anyone else starting to think on 00:37 - Aug 11 with 2539 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is anyone else starting to think on 22:56 - Aug 10 by Boston

No you're not! By that logic, I could rock up to my local Italian, order their 15 quid linguine frutti di mare and tell them I was in for a fiver after I'd scoffed it down! And so on and forth.

The deal is, as Warburton keeps repeating to anyone who'll listen, that players leave, if they leave, on our terms. That's probably a bit unconvincingly unbalanced as well, since, as we know, a pragmatic/cat and mouse/who'll blink first element often enters in (depending on variables such as the number of bidders, contractual situations, agents, etc.) If the club sell low, though, it'll be as much down to them not holding out for the right price as what anyone else 'wants' to do - and, as we also know, we have some form here. Negotiations are dynamics, not transactions whose rules are imposed by the buyer or any party, and the drier we can keep our powder, the better.

The football market, of course, makes trying to calibrate players' worth rather ridiculous - when we're talking about relative thresholds like 10, 12, 15 and 20 mill, sanity has clearly long left the building. As Pat Nevin once put it, who's to say a player's worth a fiver?.

However, in the current climate, the comparison with James Maddison seems plausible, who went to Leicester for anything between 20m and 24m, depending on who you read. Despite being a year and a half older, Maddison had racked up less than half the century of games Eze already has under his belt for us, albeit while scoring a similar number of goals. Our man's also optioned for another year, which adds value. On top of that, does anyone seriously think Eze has less talent and potential than Mr Maddison? (Even Maddison himself?)

Personally, I don't think 25 million is unreasonable, but anything less than 20m would be a travesty. He's a Wunderkind with an extraordinary gift, who, in my view, could and should be expecting to emulate our other former 'blink and you'll miss him' starlet Sterling (than whom he has, in my view, more natural ability) - both in the Premiership and for England.

So, if anyone wants to harvest this boy's talent and potential - by god, they need to pay top dollar! Let's just hope Hoos can win back a bit of credibility with this one!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else starting to think on 00:45 - Aug 11 with 2536 viewsdanehoop

Is anyone else starting to think on 00:37 - Aug 11 by stainrods_elbow

No you're not! By that logic, I could rock up to my local Italian, order their 15 quid linguine frutti di mare and tell them I was in for a fiver after I'd scoffed it down! And so on and forth.

The deal is, as Warburton keeps repeating to anyone who'll listen, that players leave, if they leave, on our terms. That's probably a bit unconvincingly unbalanced as well, since, as we know, a pragmatic/cat and mouse/who'll blink first element often enters in (depending on variables such as the number of bidders, contractual situations, agents, etc.) If the club sell low, though, it'll be as much down to them not holding out for the right price as what anyone else 'wants' to do - and, as we also know, we have some form here. Negotiations are dynamics, not transactions whose rules are imposed by the buyer or any party, and the drier we can keep our powder, the better.

The football market, of course, makes trying to calibrate players' worth rather ridiculous - when we're talking about relative thresholds like 10, 12, 15 and 20 mill, sanity has clearly long left the building. As Pat Nevin once put it, who's to say a player's worth a fiver?.

However, in the current climate, the comparison with James Maddison seems plausible, who went to Leicester for anything between 20m and 24m, depending on who you read. Despite being a year and a half older, Maddison had racked up less than half the century of games Eze already has under his belt for us, albeit while scoring a similar number of goals. Our man's also optioned for another year, which adds value. On top of that, does anyone seriously think Eze has less talent and potential than Mr Maddison? (Even Maddison himself?)

Personally, I don't think 25 million is unreasonable, but anything less than 20m would be a travesty. He's a Wunderkind with an extraordinary gift, who, in my view, could and should be expecting to emulate our other former 'blink and you'll miss him' starlet Sterling (than whom he has, in my view, more natural ability) - both in the Premiership and for England.

So, if anyone wants to harvest this boy's talent and potential - by god, they need to pay top dollar! Let's just hope Hoos can win back a bit of credibility with this one!

Hoos doesn’t have to win back credibility.

You on the other hand haven’t really had any.

Never knowingly understood

Is anyone else starting to think on 01:39 - Aug 11 with 2505 viewstimcocking

If so, it's the same conspiracy that's been going on for years. Our players seem to start at 10 million less than any other Championship transfer.

I'd say it's what happens when every team knows we'll give in and let the best 'keeper in the league go for a zero less than we should. We gotta learn to play hardball as the yanks mighty say.
Is anyone else starting to think on 09:30 - Aug 11 with 2264 viewsfrancisbowles

It might seem reasonable to you but I don't think we will get 20. There is the virus factor which is bound to have an effect on prices.

Clubs needing to offload players before they can make any serious bids. That seems to be more relevant than ever before.
Is anyone else starting to think on 09:37 - Aug 11 with 2240 viewsozexile

Keep him and Bright and go for promotion. Weakest Championship ever next season
Is anyone else starting to think on 09:50 - Aug 11 with 2219 viewsTeddRanger

I think there a couple of persecution complexes being aired here.

However, it does address a very good point. Two of the crucial periods each season are the transfer windows. Add in player contract extensions etc and it is vital to have someone with brilliant negotiating skills. Do we have that?

Like him or loathe him, Levy at Spurs is a master negotiator. Wouldn't want to be playing poker with him. I guess at certain clubs that role is taken by the Chairman, at other the DoF, perhaps the Manager at others.

We've been brilliant at cutting costs(thanks Lee Hoos) and developing talent( thanks Chris Ramsey et al)).But without someone at the helm who is a first rate negotiator, we will struggle mightily to progress into the upper levels of the Championship.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 9:52]
Is anyone else starting to think on 10:16 - Aug 11 with 2142 viewsdaveB

I think bids will come in late for Eze and Bright, wouldn't be surprised if they start the season with us
Is anyone else starting to think on 10:37 - Aug 11 with 2115 viewsjoe90

I don't think there's a conspiracy. The fact of the matter as I see it:

1: We're at the mercy of agents
2: The state of the club means we're not an attractive preposition for players
3: Eze/Bos/Manning etc are not as valuable as we think

I don't think the club is at fault, it's the reality of our situation. We're still in the process of rebuilding and should't be distracted by how well we've done this season. We still need to go through a few cycles of selling players. I'm confident the club are doing the best they can, there's only so much they can do, the rest is down to players/agents.
Is anyone else starting to think on 10:46 - Aug 11 with 2090 viewsstevec

Is anyone else starting to think on 10:16 - Aug 11 by daveB

I think bids will come in late for Eze and Bright, wouldn't be surprised if they start the season with us

Yeah, transfer market is a complicated scenario this season.

As been said earlier, this looks a weak league for 20/21. As much as the club may prefer to unload the two quickly and rebuild, given the scenario, it might be appealing to offer them an improved extension to their contracts, on the basis we overspend this season in an attempt at promotion, with a release clause for the pair if we don’t go up. Expensive this season but given FFP should be history as soon as a wage cap goes in, now would be the time to do it.

No guarantees obviously and costly but the club will be competing on a level playing field from 21/22 and at significantly reduced costs so a one season hit on finances in reality.
Is anyone else starting to think on 11:07 - Aug 11 with 2032 viewsQPR_John

Is anyone else starting to think on 10:37 - Aug 11 by joe90

I don't think there's a conspiracy. The fact of the matter as I see it:

1: We're at the mercy of agents
2: The state of the club means we're not an attractive preposition for players
3: Eze/Bos/Manning etc are not as valuable as we think

I don't think the club is at fault, it's the reality of our situation. We're still in the process of rebuilding and should't be distracted by how well we've done this season. We still need to go through a few cycles of selling players. I'm confident the club are doing the best they can, there's only so much they can do, the rest is down to players/agents.

Whatever we sell Eze for will be how other clubs judge us. Less than £20M and we will be considered the usual soft touch. We are very unlikely to discover another Eze in the next few years so our income from player sales will be less than this year. Less than any fee for Eze. There comes a point if the policy is to generate income from player sales when we have to take risks and not blink first.
Is anyone else starting to think on 11:46 - Aug 11 with 1929 viewsBklynRanger

Is anyone else starting to think on 09:37 - Aug 11 by ozexile

Keep him and Bright and go for promotion. Weakest Championship ever next season

I too have that niggling bit of madness in the back of my mind.

I suppose the question it poses is how much money does Uncle Warbs need to fix the issues with the current squad enough to make it that competitive?

Once you start adding up how much a competitive spine would cost position-wise it very probably requires at least an Eze amount of money.

Certainly puts the onus on getting the ins and outs right and not, for example, doing what we did with the Les money. Swapping a once in a generation talent for 3 or 4 dog rough plodders would not be an enjoyable feeling.
Is anyone else starting to think on 11:55 - Aug 11 with 1899 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Just read this morning how the Prem are having difficulties in negotiating with the Chinese rights holders.
Apparently Suning Holdings have withheld a payment that was due in March, due to the hiatus caused by CoVid.
Any self respecting CEO of a Prem team is going to be considering potential income loss when looking at transfer budgets.
Is anyone else starting to think on 12:09 - Aug 11 with 1871 viewsDavieQPR

It's all bluff and counter bluff at the moment. West ham using Eze and Benrahma against each other and see who cracks first. If you want £16m for a player then you ask for £20m. Ask what you want and the price gets knocked down.
Is anyone else starting to think on 12:14 - Aug 11 with 1861 viewsessextaxiboy

But if nobody went to the restaurant because it was too expensive, then they would lower the price until they reached one that was acceptable to the buyers. That is how a free market drives down prices . The buyer sets the price in the end .
Is anyone else starting to think on 13:31 - Aug 11 with 1754 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is anyone else starting to think on 00:45 - Aug 11 by danehoop

Hoos doesn’t have to win back credibility.

You on the other hand haven’t really had any.

Thanks for that. More than happy to remain 'incredible' in the eyes of posters like you. I don't have too much to prove as fan, season ticket holder, supporters club member, fanzine contributor, and all-round long sufferer/lover of QPR FC since the mid-1970s.

Who are you again?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Is anyone else starting to think on 13:42 - Aug 11 with 1722 viewsBklynRanger

Is anyone else starting to think on 13:31 - Aug 11 by stainrods_elbow

Thanks for that. More than happy to remain 'incredible' in the eyes of posters like you. I don't have too much to prove as fan, season ticket holder, supporters club member, fanzine contributor, and all-round long sufferer/lover of QPR FC since the mid-1970s.

Who are you again?

I'm keeping you visible for the pomposity alone - it's great stuff!

Yours in awe,
Another Nobody
Is anyone else starting to think on 14:15 - Aug 11 with 1622 viewsHanwellHoopster

Time to calm down and to stop reading every click bait article on Newsnow.

It's early August and no one has been sold yet. School holidays and most Directors probably have early August off. The deadline is later than normal years. Things will pick up by the end of the month.
Is anyone else starting to think on 14:19 - Aug 11 with 1617 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Is anyone else starting to think on 22:56 - Aug 10 by Boston

Exactly Boston!

Talk of a conspiracy and some of the drivel that has followed is farcical. This issue comes up time and time again, it beggars belief that it continues to need explaining.

If a club has a prized asset with a couple of years on their contract, who they don’t need to sell and has Europe’s elite beating a path to their door, they’re going to command a higher fee than a club desperate to sell a guy prepared to run down the last year of their contract with a limited number of interested parties.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024