Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Amos injured 00:07 - Oct 20 with 2685 viewsbosh67

Looking at the squad we have Dom Ball and Geoff Cameron as players who can play deep and break up play but without Amos and obviously now without Manning who could have switched to his more natural position in midfield we are a bit light on players with bite. Not that Amos had bite but he had speed to get in and break play with pace.

Do we have any younger defensive midfielders coming through and if not do we retrain Masterson to be able to play a holding midfield role so we have three options?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

With Amos injured on 00:29 - Oct 20 with 2644 viewsDannyPaddox

Bettache
With Amos injured on 00:31 - Oct 20 with 2638 viewsLazyFan

Thomas can also play mid, but perhaps not DMC. This is an area we have options in. Problem is we just found our best formation and then this happens.

zzzzzzzzzz

With Amos injured on 00:53 - Oct 20 with 2602 viewsnumptydumpty

Oh that's very disappointing

Poor guy

I was not one of the boo boys last season for Amos. Thought he showed glimpses of quality and when I read about his wariness of going full on into challenges due to not wishing to aggravate previous injury, it became understandable

This is a great shame for our team and clearly for Luke also himself

I hope he can be comforted by the fact he was beginning to show the reasons Tottenham held him in high regard at one time.

Mr Warburton was impressed.

This club has a very good habit in recent years of supporting our long term injured well and am sure this will be the same for Luke.

It is tough absolutely, still very young in terms of football career so fingers crossed this will prove just to be an extreme bad case of hard lines.

But yes great shame

I guess the only thing in the teams favour we got lot midfield and attack options now. Bettache coming through is an interesting one, Carroll also with lot experience. Cameron and Ball being the battering rams and whole raft options for front four but yes Amos was beginning to establish himself as a regular team or bench man every single game.

Hopefully he can be given hope by this progress.

It wasn't even in tackle that this happened so yes feel really sad for the guy.

Good luck to him in his swift recovery as is possible hopefully

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

With Amos injured on 01:59 - Oct 20 with 2555 viewsQPROslo

Yes it was Amos speed over short distances giving him the ability to nick the ball from defenders in dangerous areas that was special. Don't know if we have anyone else as quick who can do that?
With Amos injured on 08:42 - Oct 20 with 2281 viewsTheChef

Amos for me is never a defensive midfielder, he was looking good further up the pitch though. For now it looks like we'll just have to rotate Ball, Cameron and Carroll.

In the meantime it's a chance for Chair to claim the number 10 spot.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

With Amos injured on 08:43 - Oct 20 with 2279 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

For me it's 2 from Ball, Cameron and LTC with Bettache as the young lad option.
This means Chair can revert to the 10 and we bring an out and out winger to play opposite from Bright in Adomah/Willock. Or Thomas (when fit) can play wide or behind the striker.
I read somewhere that Warbs like 3-5-2 but can't see it with our lack of wingbacks and only 3 CBs at the club.
There are options but it's a big loss with Amos getting back to his best, wish him well.
With Amos injured on 08:47 - Oct 20 with 2267 viewsDieByYourSide

Wonder if it'll increase the likelihood of us going back in for Alex Mowatt in Jan, if there was anything in that rumour...

Poll: And it's hi ho

With Amos injured on 09:51 - Oct 20 with 2106 viewsDavieQPR

Although Amos was growing into the role it did give us a more defensive line up which seemed to blunt our attack a bit. Time for Chair to step his game up and make the no.10 spot his own and show a more balanced line up.
Login to get fewer ads

With Amos injured on 12:30 - Oct 20 with 1932 viewsMyke

I actually think it was a strategy by Warburton and the coaching staff, to get Amos used to getting stuck in again, like he did before his original ACL. Get him pressing (ie tackling) high up the pitch in non-dangerous areas for us until he had got his confidence back. I think everyone realises he is not your stereotypical number 10, but maybe the plan was, once he was comfortable putting the boot in again, they would move him deeper to do the same role more defensively. Tragically he is now back to square one. If Chair reverts to 10, I may be right. If Warburton plays someone else in the pressing role, then, clearly it's tactical.
With Amos injured on 13:01 - Oct 20 with 1829 viewsgolborne

With Amos injured on 09:51 - Oct 20 by DavieQPR

Although Amos was growing into the role it did give us a more defensive line up which seemed to blunt our attack a bit. Time for Chair to step his game up and make the no.10 spot his own and show a more balanced line up.

We don't have a 'No10' role in this current system, nor did we last season.it's 3 behind the striker, not a 4-1-1, or diamond midfield. Amos was there in the middle of the 3 for the high press, which as per Saturday, he's bloody good at. Will be a big loss, but it may take time for people to recognise what he brought.
With Amos injured on 13:15 - Oct 20 with 1782 viewssimmo

CM was the weakest position even before this injury, but potentially a huge opportunity for Bettache, lucky we didn't loan him!

Agree RE Manning, might have been a good opportunity to use him as a CM, but we've got 4 players that can play there now, it's enough to get us through and if we have to dip into the U23s, so be it

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

With Amos injured on 13:41 - Oct 20 with 1712 viewsDixie_CT

With Amos injured on 13:15 - Oct 20 by simmo

CM was the weakest position even before this injury, but potentially a huge opportunity for Bettache, lucky we didn't loan him!

Agree RE Manning, might have been a good opportunity to use him as a CM, but we've got 4 players that can play there now, it's enough to get us through and if we have to dip into the U23s, so be it

Also Charlie Owens if his rehab has gone well. I thought he looked like he had potential when he played in the Cup games.
With Amos injured on 13:42 - Oct 20 with 1707 viewsBklynRanger

Charlie Owens should be back around the turn of the year - think he could potentially bring a good balance to the team based on what I've seen.

(Nothing like checking the injury report of one young player to see when he might be available to cover for another injured young player. Fcuking Tuesdays.)
With Amos injured on 14:15 - Oct 20 with 1642 viewsqprd

With Amos injured on 13:01 - Oct 20 by golborne

We don't have a 'No10' role in this current system, nor did we last season.it's 3 behind the striker, not a 4-1-1, or diamond midfield. Amos was there in the middle of the 3 for the high press, which as per Saturday, he's bloody good at. Will be a big loss, but it may take time for people to recognise what he brought.

We did play with a number 10 last year (Eze) when Pugh played... when chair played, Eze and chair effectively interchanged as left wingers and 10s....

This year, chair has exclusively played on the left, and while he does cut inside, it’s not rly to assume a 10 position (as Amos doesn’t occupy his flank as Eze did last year when chair drifted inside)
With Amos injured on 17:56 - Oct 20 with 1442 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-has-no-plans-to-look-for-free-agent

I would see how we go the 11 weeks up until January.
Then maybe a loan if it looks like we need another centre mid to get us through the season.

Smells like a trout farm in here

With Amos injured on 17:59 - Oct 20 with 1435 viewsgolborne

With Amos injured on 14:15 - Oct 20 by qprd

We did play with a number 10 last year (Eze) when Pugh played... when chair played, Eze and chair effectively interchanged as left wingers and 10s....

This year, chair has exclusively played on the left, and while he does cut inside, it’s not rly to assume a 10 position (as Amos doesn’t occupy his flank as Eze did last year when chair drifted inside)

Chair was more often in the middle as he contributes towards the high press. Eze on the other hand would not, but being so gifted could glide around anywhere. Slight change of subject, but I think he's gonna struggle at Palace until they get enough points on the board to be safe. They're just too functional and organised to allow for too much flare in the side, but maybe understandable given the stakes of Prem survival.
With Amos injured on 19:34 - Oct 20 with 1363 viewsWestbourneR

As I’ve said a few times on here recently I think Chair is better for for deeper in midfield. I don’t think he’s hugely creative but he has nice slick passing, bite in the tackle and work rate and he gets around with a low centre of gravity. I hope he gets a go there.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

With Amos injured on 19:38 - Oct 20 with 1354 viewsfrancisbowles

With Amos injured on 19:34 - Oct 20 by WestbourneR

As I’ve said a few times on here recently I think Chair is better for for deeper in midfield. I don’t think he’s hugely creative but he has nice slick passing, bite in the tackle and work rate and he gets around with a low centre of gravity. I hope he gets a go there.

Which, to me, sounds exactly like he is suited to the Amos advanced role. Carroll could slot in the two and attempt an Ale Forlan impersonation though unlikely to win many headers.
With Amos injured on 03:13 - Oct 21 with 1112 viewstimcocking

Get rid of the third defensive midfielder. Two is a crime, three...ungodly.
With Amos injured on 09:09 - Oct 21 with 978 viewsstevec

With Amos injured on 17:59 - Oct 20 by golborne

Chair was more often in the middle as he contributes towards the high press. Eze on the other hand would not, but being so gifted could glide around anywhere. Slight change of subject, but I think he's gonna struggle at Palace until they get enough points on the board to be safe. They're just too functional and organised to allow for too much flare in the side, but maybe understandable given the stakes of Prem survival.

Agree about Eze, Zaha staying probably wasn’t in their plans and as one of the most functional teams up there I can’t see them having two flair players on the pitch too often.

Shame for Amos, very good performance on Saturday and probably has got something about him but given his input over a season you’d think we could plug that gap with the present squad.

Suspect we will have a job sparking goals out the forward line, can’t see anyone hitting double figures without a glut of penalties, so wouldn’t be surprised eventually having to revamp midfield around a two up front at some point.

For now, guess Chair will drop in front of Ball/one other and two out and out wingers.
With Amos injured on 09:28 - Oct 21 with 948 viewsfrancisbowles

With Amos injured on 03:13 - Oct 21 by timcocking

Get rid of the third defensive midfielder. Two is a crime, three...ungodly.

Tim, Cameron and Ball have been defensive midfielders but Amos has been much higher up the pitch. So what exactly do you mean?
With Amos injured on 19:17 - Oct 21 with 815 viewsTacticalR

With Amos injured on 12:30 - Oct 20 by Myke

I actually think it was a strategy by Warburton and the coaching staff, to get Amos used to getting stuck in again, like he did before his original ACL. Get him pressing (ie tackling) high up the pitch in non-dangerous areas for us until he had got his confidence back. I think everyone realises he is not your stereotypical number 10, but maybe the plan was, once he was comfortable putting the boot in again, they would move him deeper to do the same role more defensively. Tragically he is now back to square one. If Chair reverts to 10, I may be right. If Warburton plays someone else in the pressing role, then, clearly it's tactical.

I can step in if things are really that desperate.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024