Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 12:54 - Nov 21 with 18093 viewsdavman

I genuinely though that he played well on Friday, and was one of our best two or three performers over the time he was on the pitch, then saw the ratings, which indicate that you lot think that he was one of the worst three performers on the team. What have I missed?
Yes, there was one missed place pass that put us in trouble in the second half, but generally I thought he was excellent.

Seny Dieng 6.99
Rob Dickie 6.95
Jimmy Dunne 6.94
Yoann Barbet 7.50
Albert Adomah 5.78
Andre Dozzell 6.58
Stefan Johansen 6.47
Lee Wallace 7.13
Chris Willock 7.96
Charlie Austin 6.61
Ilias Chair 7.36

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Andre Dozzell on 17:38 - Nov 23 with 4801 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Andre Dozzell on 17:22 - Nov 23 by PhilmyRs

Oh and RE Dozzell, he looks a decent addition, an upgrade on Tom C which is good business by the club. Would like to see him chip in with a goal or 2 as I think with our system allowing him to arrive late in the box could yield some decent return although that would take him away from his comfort zone of knocking it around just inside the opposition’s half. All in all, a good signing

That’s the way I look at it with Dozzell too. Much rather watch him learning his trade over LTC.

Re late runs into the box I always thought Amos had a lot of potential for doing that. Made a mess of his chance on Friday though! Just needs more confidence but not surprising he’s being cautious.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Andre Dozzell on 18:11 - Nov 23 with 4748 viewsnumptydumpty

We were all sweating johansen signing as was the supposed key player but he not been up to his standards of last season but yes Dozell has markedly improved this season. Amos has shown glimpses and Field have our fingers crossed for.

When Bettache is back at the club also looking good.

Ball did well start of season ie a completely different type of player but was effective.

Midfield seems solid....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Andre Dozzell on 10:22 - Nov 24 with 4517 viewsfrancisbowles

Andre Dozzell on 15:36 - Nov 23 by terryb

In an ideal world perhaps, but that would apply if you had two right footed players in central midfield as well.

Two left footed players unbalances the team no more than two right footed players would. The same applies to two centre halves, two forwards, two wingers, two full backs etc.

I can't remember any critisism being made of being too right footed when Leach, Venables & Francis formed the midfield three in a promotion season.

Agree with that Terryb. Team picked on ability, form, experience etc. Which foot you prefer is a minor detail.
Andre Dozzell on 10:38 - Nov 24 with 4494 viewsTheChef

Just on the left foot/right foot discussion, it's ridiculous how many pro footballers basically can't use one of their feet. And they train every day! It basically makes you 50% less effective as a player.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Andre Dozzell on 10:41 - Nov 24 with 4491 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andre Dozzell on 10:38 - Nov 24 by TheChef

Just on the left foot/right foot discussion, it's ridiculous how many pro footballers basically can't use one of their feet. And they train every day! It basically makes you 50% less effective as a player.

i do agree - Michael Owen's left foot was atrocious and cost him so many goals as he simply didn't trust it.
But then there are always exceptions. Di Stefano used his right leg for standing on, but there's no way he'd have been twice as good if he used his right foot more.

Bare bones.

Andre Dozzell on 10:52 - Nov 24 with 4483 viewsLazyFan

Andre Dozzell on 10:41 - Nov 24 by Antti_Heinola

i do agree - Michael Owen's left foot was atrocious and cost him so many goals as he simply didn't trust it.
But then there are always exceptions. Di Stefano used his right leg for standing on, but there's no way he'd have been twice as good if he used his right foot more.

Whereas last night Coventry did the move of the match and when it fell to the player to score, he used his right instead of his left and the shot was not as effective, keeper saved it.

If he had been able to use his left, it would have been a certain goal, a great team goal and opened up Brum for Cov to really take em apart. Instead, we got a bore draw.

On the bright side of Stoke don't win and we somehow do, we go 4th.

zzzzzzzzzz

Andre Dozzell on 11:09 - Nov 24 with 4461 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andre Dozzell on 10:52 - Nov 24 by LazyFan

Whereas last night Coventry did the move of the match and when it fell to the player to score, he used his right instead of his left and the shot was not as effective, keeper saved it.

If he had been able to use his left, it would have been a certain goal, a great team goal and opened up Brum for Cov to really take em apart. Instead, we got a bore draw.

On the bright side of Stoke don't win and we somehow do, we go 4th.

yeah i saw Phillips claiming that - he knows more than me, but i wasn't quite sure it was that cut and dried that he should've used his other foot tbh

Bare bones.

Andre Dozzell on 05:41 - Nov 25 with 4315 viewskarlski

Another solid Dozzell performance tonight v Huddersfield. He’s grown in confidence and the pace on his passes is usually well judged. Simple, effective lay off for Dickie’s shot that just went wide, and lovely little ball into Charlie’s path for the shot that was saved. Made a couple of errors as he tired and was subbed at right time, but coming along very nicely indeed. Pleased to see he’s actually not shy of a physical tussle.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 05:49 - Nov 25 with 4314 viewssevenhoop

Andre Dozzell on 10:22 - Nov 24 by francisbowles

Agree with that Terryb. Team picked on ability, form, experience etc. Which foot you prefer is a minor detail.

100%. Never understood why, particularly in front row of goal, just swing at it with the ‘wrong’ foot ! And if it that wrong, f’ing well practice! How hard can it be? I wasn’t a great player but spent hours hitting the ball against a wall with my left foot to make myself just a bit better..

And I give you…Ray Wilkins. Probably our best ever two footed player
Andre Dozzell on 05:55 - Nov 25 with 4293 viewsswisscottage

He looks great for 60 minutes, but fades badly after that causing to make silly, lazy mistakes.

Hopefully he can build up that endurance that Chair and Willock seemed to have worked towards that allows them to continue to 90 minutes in a fast paced game.

If he can, he looks to have the makings of a super little player.
Andre Dozzell on 05:09 - Sep 4 with 3725 viewsswisscottage

So ... Just thought I'd resurrect this and ask the question.

Is this a new improved Dozzell, or is it a case of 'we've seen it all before' and it won't be long before he goes back to being a disappointment?

For me, he's been like a new signing this season so far. but we saw it at the start of last season before he was, imho, unfairly dumped by Beale in favour of a 19 year old kid from Villa, and we saw it at the start of the previous season.
Andre Dozzell on 07:15 - Sep 4 with 3486 viewsDaBurgh

Andre Dozzell on 05:09 - Sep 4 by swisscottage

So ... Just thought I'd resurrect this and ask the question.

Is this a new improved Dozzell, or is it a case of 'we've seen it all before' and it won't be long before he goes back to being a disappointment?

For me, he's been like a new signing this season so far. but we saw it at the start of last season before he was, imho, unfairly dumped by Beale in favour of a 19 year old kid from Villa, and we saw it at the start of the previous season.

I thought that he played well the last two games, can we leave it at that. We have enough issues around the place without waiting for a player to disappoint again.
Andre Dozzell on 18:48 - Sep 4 with 3179 viewsDieByYourSide

Odds on him having a 10 goal + 10 assist season and us losing him on a free at the end of the year?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Andre Dozzell on 19:56 - Sep 4 with 3049 viewsdmm

Andre Dozzell on 18:48 - Sep 4 by DieByYourSide

Odds on him having a 10 goal + 10 assist season and us losing him on a free at the end of the year?

Don't worry. The club has an option for a further year on his contract.
Andre Dozzell on 20:15 - Sep 4 with 2976 viewsCiderwithRsie

Andre Dozzell on 20:57 - Sep 4 with 2922 viewsbosh67

His interview on QPR Facebook is excellent. Considering his lip was rearranged he spoke very eloquently and he obviously cares. This position suits him because he has to concentrate the whole game and he’s obviously a personality that is either consumed or loses focus. An astute bit of player management. But what I took from the interview is that he buys into the style of play and he cares. Good!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Andre Dozzell on 21:53 - Sep 4 with 2839 viewsTacticalR

I keep rewatching Dozzell's goal. It's absolutely astonishing. The way he gets his foot through the ball. It's reminiscent of Arie Haan's 1978 goal against Italy (I know Arie Haan's goal was from further out).

Air hostess clique

Andre Dozzell on 01:54 - Sep 5 with 2683 viewsLazyFan

What is great about the goal is he meant it, it was no fluke. And he also ran back did a great tackle to stop a certain goal.

He has improved now he's further forward, which was my view, he does not get up an down the pitch quickly enough. This is why JoJo was let go, same reason.

Now, if he can continue further up and maybe get up and down like he did for the tackle, then we have a player on our hands. I am not convinced just yet, I wanna see more and it repeated.

zzzzzzzzzz

Andre Dozzell on 17:30 - Sep 7 with 2307 viewsgazza1

Improving, for sure, needs to continue doing so. Nicely worked goal, brilliant strike from Dozzell.
Andre Dozzell on 17:38 - Sep 7 with 2280 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Andre Dozzell on 01:54 - Sep 5 by LazyFan

What is great about the goal is he meant it, it was no fluke. And he also ran back did a great tackle to stop a certain goal.

He has improved now he's further forward, which was my view, he does not get up an down the pitch quickly enough. This is why JoJo was let go, same reason.

Now, if he can continue further up and maybe get up and down like he did for the tackle, then we have a player on our hands. I am not convinced just yet, I wanna see more and it repeated.

Andre the friendly ghost has dissappeared and a real player has emerged from the shadow?
If that is the case ite like a new signing and it would really help his and our cause .
Lost in all the complaints ( mine included )is his ability to stay healthy and available for selection .
Of course he used never tackle or shoot so it was easy to dodge the crunching challenges .
If GA has worked his magic on Dozzell and he continues to play like that then the fanbase would get behind him and he could really shine so hopefully thats coming next
Andre Dozzell on 23:57 - Sep 7 with 2057 viewsgolborne

Andre Dozzell on 17:38 - Sep 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Andre the friendly ghost has dissappeared and a real player has emerged from the shadow?
If that is the case ite like a new signing and it would really help his and our cause .
Lost in all the complaints ( mine included )is his ability to stay healthy and available for selection .
Of course he used never tackle or shoot so it was easy to dodge the crunching challenges .
If GA has worked his magic on Dozzell and he continues to play like that then the fanbase would get behind him and he could really shine so hopefully thats coming next

Friendly ghost is spot on.

Never had a reason to dislike him, but after seemingly being MIA for many games (whilst on the pitch), but a growing list of managers liking him, I started to watch him closely tail end of last year, and I came to a bit of a conclusion.

I saw him do these amazing last ditch tackles as he’s done recently, but only when his man had got away from him.

He actually does his defensive job really welll, but so disciplined his man is rarely an option, so seems to go missing in games, but missing cos the man near him isn’t an option = good, unattractive defensive work.

I think we want more as he was sold to us as a ball playing attractive midfielder-I actually think he offers more in different areas
Andre Dozzell on 11:06 - Sep 9 with 1814 viewsgolborne

Andre Dozzell on 17:38 - Sep 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Friendly ghost is spot on.

Never had a reason to dislike him, but after seemingly being MIA for many games (whilst on the pitch), but a growing list of managers liking him, I started to watch him closely tail end of last year, and I came to a bit of a conclusion.

I saw him do these amazing last ditch tackles as he’s done recently, but only when his man had got away from him.

He actually does his defensive job really welll, but so disciplined his man is rarely an option, so seems to go missing in games, but missing cos the man near him isn’t an option = good, unattractive defensive work.

I think we want more as he was sold to us as a ball playing attractive midfielder-I actually think he offers more in different areas
Andre Dozzell on 22:24 - Feb 13 with 1137 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Andre Dozzell on 22:27 - Feb 13 with 1092 viewsaston_hoop

Andre Dozzell on 22:24 - Feb 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

That is definitely not what a Birmingham fan I know has been saying about Dozzell, but well, happy to name a price!!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Andre Dozzell on 22:28 - Feb 13 with 1074 viewsnumptydumpty

Andre Dozzell on 22:27 - Feb 13 by aston_hoop

That is definitely not what a Birmingham fan I know has been saying about Dozzell, but well, happy to name a price!!

Ten quid I feel is a fair price

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024