Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman hits the Wall 13:56 - Feb 3 with 5081 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60223361

Wonder if we were back in for him? Good Champ player who would have got a rousing reception.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Freeman hits the Wall on 14:27 - Feb 3 with 4244 viewsDavieQPR

He was a good Championship player when he was with us but has managed
12 league and 1 cup goal since leaving . Now unwanted by a middish table club and only Millwall wanted him. Unlikely we even gave him a second thought.
Freeman hits the Wall on 14:57 - Feb 3 with 4118 viewsBoston

Probably happy enough with that move, it’s close to friends and family.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:10 - Feb 3 with 3983 viewsMick_S

Freeman hits the Wall on 14:57 - Feb 3 by Boston

Probably happy enough with that move, it’s close to friends and family.

It’s a win win win as he can pay closer attention to his card shop in Westfields. I bet he was champing at the bit to get back to Rangers.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:12 - Feb 3 with 3972 viewsbosh67

Strange one. Seemed to move to better himself and get more money, both of which were fair enough. Hit the ground running in the Prem and then almost instantly fell out of favour with Wilder. Apart from his bank account I bet he wishes he had stayed with us, where he was such a great player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:16 - Feb 3 with 3941 views100percent

He loved his time at QPR, didn't really have a say in the move, as we were offered decent money for him and the club decided to cash in on it. I don't think his relationship with Wilder was good.
Such a shame because he's a genuinely nice bloke and a good player on his day. He'd jump at the opportunity to return to us I think.
Freeman hits the Wall on 16:43 - Feb 3 with 3820 viewsLazyFan

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:12 - Feb 3 by bosh67

Strange one. Seemed to move to better himself and get more money, both of which were fair enough. Hit the ground running in the Prem and then almost instantly fell out of favour with Wilder. Apart from his bank account I bet he wishes he had stayed with us, where he was such a great player.

I watched a few games with him at SU in the prem.

I noticed he played okay, but the rest of the team did not give him the ball. They seemed to on purpose never find him with the ball. So, he had to pick up scraps of obvious 5-yard pass. From here he would work for the team forward and do some nice passes.

But hardly ever had the ball from his own team. I suspect something went on there.

zzzzzzzzzz

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:53 - Feb 3 with 3772 viewsPinnerPaul

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:43 - Feb 3 by LazyFan

I noticed he played okay, but the rest of the team did not give him the ball. They seemed to on purpose never find him with the ball. So, he had to pick up scraps of obvious 5-yard pass. From here he would work for the team forward and do some nice passes.

But hardly ever had the ball from his own team. I suspect something went on there.

but then hardly set the world alight out on loan?
Freeman hits the Wall on 16:59 - Feb 3 with 3744 viewsQPR_John

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:16 - Feb 3 by 100percent

He loved his time at QPR, didn't really have a say in the move, as we were offered decent money for him and the club decided to cash in on it. I don't think his relationship with Wilder was good.
Such a shame because he's a genuinely nice bloke and a good player on his day. He'd jump at the opportunity to return to us I think.

“ didn't really have a say in the move,”

Those days are long gone
Login to get fewer ads

Freeman hits the Wall on 17:34 - Feb 3 with 3620 viewsNorthantsHoop

I liked Freeman could not fault him for giving it a go in the Premier League. Rangers sold him at the right time, hope his career gets going again that is at least after we play Millwall in a couple of weeks time.
Freeman hits the Wall on 17:40 - Feb 3 with 3585 views100percent

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:59 - Feb 3 by QPR_John

“ didn't really have a say in the move,”

Those days are long gone

Apologies. let me rephrase that. He wasn't looking for a move, was completely happy here but the club needed the money and he was offered a much larger salary.
Freeman hits the Wall on 18:35 - Feb 3 with 3419 viewsstainrods_elbow

What actually happened was the club concocted the signature of a 'new contract' media charade for the fanbase/website and then flogged Freeman shortly after (as was presumably planned all along). As I said at the time, I can live with QPR selling their best players from time to time - through gritted teeth! As our neoliberal peers love to remind us, it's sound business in this age of FFS, sorry FFP, pro football, given that football is more and more just the sideline. What I don't like is being taken for a c*nt.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 18:36]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Freeman hits the Wall on 18:42 - Feb 3 with 3391 viewsAntti_Heinola

Freeman hits the Wall on 18:35 - Feb 3 by stainrods_elbow

What actually happened was the club concocted the signature of a 'new contract' media charade for the fanbase/website and then flogged Freeman shortly after (as was presumably planned all along). As I said at the time, I can live with QPR selling their best players from time to time - through gritted teeth! As our neoliberal peers love to remind us, it's sound business in this age of FFS, sorry FFP, pro football, given that football is more and more just the sideline. What I don't like is being taken for a c*nt.

Wanting the club to be run sustainably and not at a massive loss is 'neo-liberal'? One of your more outstanding hot takes there, SE. It's bold, I'll give you that.
FFP doesn't even really come into it. I know it's all lovely and romantic for you to lose tens of millions of pounds every year, but for most people, it's outright stupidity.
A new contract for Freeman might well have been the difference between the £5m we got and the £500k Bristol got because they didn't do similar, but whatevs.

Bare bones.

Freeman hits the Wall on 19:18 - Feb 3 with 3278 viewsNed_Kennedys

I was wondering how you could possibly know QPR lied about his new contract but then I remembered that you had a hotline to Lee Hoos.

But then I remembered that hotline was only one way so actually you are just talking out your arse about this subject.
Freeman hits the Wall on 22:22 - Feb 3 with 2933 viewskensalriser

The real world must be a really tough place for you.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Freeman hits the Wall on 22:32 - Feb 3 with 2897 viewsHastings_Hoops

He was the standout player when we were a lower-mid table team. Extremely talented, but possibly not as rounded as our current equivalents.
Freeman hits the Wall on 22:50 - Feb 3 with 2853 viewsjoe90

I’m surprised Millwall signed him, doesn’t seem like their kind of player. Good luck to him.

I’ll never forget the time he took on and defeated the mighty Leeds, champions of Europe.
Freeman hits the Wall on 01:48 - Feb 4 with 2636 viewsBoston

Firstly, The Wall didn't record that song....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Freeman hits the Wall on 14:09 - Feb 4 with 2304 viewsgolborne

Freeman hits the Wall on 16:43 - Feb 3 by LazyFan

it's because he wouldn't give it back - awful team player who had a few tricks and a decent delivery from set pieces. like most annoying skilful kids at school it was all about him in the centre of the playground. on the few times him and eze were in the team he would never give the obvious pass to him, cos he knew where the spotlight was going. couldn't have been more happy when he went and look what happened to eze the following season, who was labelled lazy and uninterested when they were in the team together.
Freeman hits the Wall on 14:30 - Feb 4 with 2241 viewsterryb

Freeman hits the Wall on 14:09 - Feb 4 by golborne

it's because he wouldn't give it back - awful team player who had a few tricks and a decent delivery from set pieces. like most annoying skilful kids at school it was all about him in the centre of the playground. on the few times him and eze were in the team he would never give the obvious pass to him, cos he knew where the spotlight was going. couldn't have been more happy when he went and look what happened to eze the following season, who was labelled lazy and uninterested when they were in the team together.

That's very brave golborne!

Freeman was good for Rangers & at times superb, but I certainly agree with some of your criticism. There was many a time that he refused to play a pass & held on to the ball before losing it. And then blamed the player he didn't pass to!

On the other hand, he was always immense against Leeds & I think it was when Wolves came a calling he was magnificent. They equalised after he sustained an injury in the last few minutes, but he was a man obsessed that day.

Very good luck to him at Millwall & I hope that it goes well after our gane there.
Freeman hits the Wall on 15:14 - Feb 4 with 2144 viewsCopenhagenRs

Luke Freeman - what a great player on his day. I remember seeing him walking down South Africa Road towards White City after a home match. I chatted him up and he was very freindly and said he was lovin´it at QPR. Definitely one that should not be booed at when we play Millwall.
Freeman hits the Wall on 15:14 - Feb 4 with 2129 viewsdanehoop

I found the ignore button to be an outstanding bit of kit when dealing with Stainrods Elbow.

Never knowingly understood

Freeman hits the Wall on 15:32 - Feb 4 with 2091 viewsAntti_Heinola

laughable.

Bare bones.

Freeman hits the Wall on 15:49 - Feb 4 with 2054 viewsPinnerPaul

Freeman hits the Wall on 15:32 - Feb 4 by Antti_Heinola

laughable.

Agree, I can't agree with much of that but alarming how his career has stalled and it can't all be blamed on Wilder.
Freeman hits the Wall on 19:21 - Feb 4 with 1898 viewsNed_Kennedys

Interesting viewpoint.... totally undermined by his 22 assists in league games for us.
Freeman hits the Wall on 20:18 - Feb 4 with 1838 views1JD

Freeman hits the Wall on 19:21 - Feb 4 by Ned_Kennedys

Interesting viewpoint.... totally undermined by his 22 assists in league games for us.

The vast majority of which were dead balls - corners and free kicks. Freeman was very much an individual player who held onto the ball for far too long, the primary reason why he has failed to make the grade elsewhere. He doesn’t fit into the more modern pass and move style.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024