Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players in? 09:27 - May 8 with 14001 viewsSonofpugwash

Out of contract from Watford in the summer.No brainer.

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/takeover/preston-andre-gray-transfer/

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Players in? on 09:49 - May 8 with 6653 viewsenfieldargh

Gray scored against Swansea in January? Thought it was 0-0 in December

Listening to Swansea Coms yesterday(sadly ML & AS disappeared for the 2nd half) they were saying that if Swans can just add a couple more in the summer then they would be nailed on for Auto promotion.

They actually were not commentating on the game but having a mind numbing conversation between themselves.

As for Gray Yes he has scored goals for us including several match winners however much of the time he lumbers around the pitch like a sack of spuds with

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players in? on 10:00 - May 8 with 6616 viewsdmm

Players in? on 09:49 - May 8 by enfieldargh

Gray scored against Swansea in January? Thought it was 0-0 in December

Listening to Swansea Coms yesterday(sadly ML & AS disappeared for the 2nd half) they were saying that if Swans can just add a couple more in the summer then they would be nailed on for Auto promotion.

They actually were not commentating on the game but having a mind numbing conversation between themselves.

As for Gray Yes he has scored goals for us including several match winners however much of the time he lumbers around the pitch like a sack of spuds with

Gray has been okay for us this season but will be 31 in June and will only become more sack of spuds like in the future. and he won't be cheap.

We can and must do better.
Players in? on 12:01 - May 8 with 6364 viewsbosh67

Players in? on 10:00 - May 8 by dmm

Gray has been okay for us this season but will be 31 in June and will only become more sack of spuds like in the future. and he won't be cheap.

We can and must do better.

"We can and must do better."

We don't have the cash to buy a player ready made to score at this level. If we can find another Willock it would be a bit of a miracle. Our posturing that Dickie and alike could sell for £10m I think are way off. Brentford for some reason have the golden touch on transfers that we don't. We'll be lucky to get £5m for Dickie etc I reckon and someone has actually got to want to put that money down who is above us. That means finding potential somewhere and potential takes time to get going. Will Armstrong be coming through next season? Perhaps, depends on who comes in. Will he hit the ground running? Only if there are a few experienced heads around him. If not and he struggles then we could kill all the potential.

Can we go to the likes of Benfica etc again and pick out young players? Probably, but it took Willock a season to find his feet and a lot of that was down to very good coaching.... by Warburton.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players in? on 12:22 - May 8 with 6278 viewsLazyFan

All bias and guesswork ...

Gray is a top-class finisher, just like Chaz. And he can hold the ball up amazing well for a smaller person. He makes very many smart runs in behind the defence that even our players eventually see.

But as we have seen when the legs go that's it. He will want a 2-year deal minimum on very decent wages. He has zero sell on value. And sometimes can get injured. He's also getting slower, not faster and he's not that fast right now.

I would guess PNE are in for him as their objective is to stay up every season and that's it. For PNE, he's useful, as teams that stay up need goals and he can get you 10 a season (I know he did it for us in half that time, but I doubt he will improve so it's still 10 a season for me). That's enough for PNE with their usual shitehousery to keep them up. He's perfect for them and worth the money risk as they can avoid the transfer fee.

Unfortunately, the risks far outweigh the positives. I think we should avoid him. Of the loans Mccallum and he were useful but nothing amazing (remember we are paying Prem wages for these loans). The other loans were below average for us and at great expense. Because the other loans provided a low bar people think Mccallum and Gray were excellent. They weren't they were average players for us but on top monies.

And yes we shall have to do a Willock again and sniff out talent, develop it over time and hope no one beats us to it. This is the market we are in now, luckily we have started to improve our approach to this and it is bearing fruit. If Warbs was not amenable to this and avoid it like Mclaren, then yes he has to go. We cannot avoid doing this as it's the only way to survive, we must sell every year. Reinvest that money in several players, hope that we get two for one each time and slowly build a squad that gets a promotion. That's how the injustice warriors did it.

I think we shall sell Dickie or Dieng, either we can survive without. Use that money to buy LB's and another risky punt on an up and coming forward. It's the only way.

zzzzzzzzzz

Players in? on 13:26 - May 8 with 6127 viewsdmm

There are players out there. Look at Scott Twine for example. We were linked with him last summer but I can only assume we didn't rate him. So, he went from Swindon to MK Dons on a free. This season he's racked up 20 goals and 13 assists as an attacking midfielder and he's only 22. We really missed out there.
Players in? on 14:09 - May 8 with 6027 viewsMedwayR

Players in? on 13:26 - May 8 by dmm

There are players out there. Look at Scott Twine for example. We were linked with him last summer but I can only assume we didn't rate him. So, he went from Swindon to MK Dons on a free. This season he's racked up 20 goals and 13 assists as an attacking midfielder and he's only 22. We really missed out there.

I can't help but wonder if Warburton turned down the chance to sign Twine as he wanted proven players for a promotion push and this helped turn the tide against him when our promotion push faded whilst Twine was tearing it up in L1.

Poll: Who’s better?

Players in? on 14:19 - May 8 with 5992 viewsToast_R

Gray, Dykes and Sinclair Armstrong next season. Maculey Bonne might get another go under a new manager.
Players in? on 14:32 - May 8 with 5948 viewsfrancisbowles

Players in? on 13:26 - May 8 by dmm

League 1 player of the year as well, according to Quest.
Login to get fewer ads

Players in? on 14:45 - May 8 with 5918 viewsdmm

Players in? on 14:19 - May 8 by Toast_R

Gray, Dykes and Sinclair Armstrong next season. Maculey Bonne might get another go under a new manager.

My Ipswich supporting mate says they don't want Bonne to stay. All things considered, I think that tells us he's not up to standard.
Players in? on 19:39 - May 8 with 5541 viewsSK_hoops

Players in? on 14:45 - May 8 by dmm

My Ipswich supporting mate says they don't want Bonne to stay. All things considered, I think that tells us he's not up to standard.

What happened with Bonne? He was absolutely banging them in for the tractor boys for around 15 matches, then pretty much nothing for the rest of the season.
Players in? on 19:41 - May 8 with 5533 viewsdmm

Players in? on 19:39 - May 8 by SK_hoops

What happened with Bonne? He was absolutely banging them in for the tractor boys for around 15 matches, then pretty much nothing for the rest of the season.

I think a combination of loss of form and Ipswich's change of manager did for him.
Players in? on 22:32 - May 8 with 5255 viewsLazyFan

Players in? on 19:39 - May 8 by SK_hoops

He's not that good after all. We were warned by the Charlton fans. I suspect we only paid part monies upfront and the rest on appearances which we shall now avoid. That's why he was shipped out.

zzzzzzzzzz

Players in? on 17:09 - May 9 with 4815 viewsbosh67

Jut seen that Izzy Brown has been released by Preston. Still only 25. Had a bad ACL I think so very much fits in with our rehabilitate a young crock. My Luton mates here say he was very good for them on loan. Very calm player, very quick on the wings. Or was before the ACL. Free transfer.

Meanwhile, Reading will be forced to sell Ovie Ejaria. I watched him on the TV in the defeat to Luton and although Reading are dreadful he is another Eze. By far and away the best player on the pitch. He was virtually unplayable in an otherwise journeyman side. About £4m apparently would get him. If we do sell a few on he would be a high ticket signing but my god he would make a difference in this squad. Still only 24 so his resale value would be high.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players in? on 17:29 - May 9 with 4757 viewsTonto

the top whack we will pay is £1 to 2M i reckon. we paid £1M for Dozell, Willock was £750k - Dykes was £2M but that was Eze's trasnfer fee being reinvested - so thats what we are looking at.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Players in? on 17:35 - May 9 with 4736 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players in? on 17:09 - May 9 by bosh67

Jut seen that Izzy Brown has been released by Preston. Still only 25. Had a bad ACL I think so very much fits in with our rehabilitate a young crock. My Luton mates here say he was very good for them on loan. Very calm player, very quick on the wings. Or was before the ACL. Free transfer.

Meanwhile, Reading will be forced to sell Ovie Ejaria. I watched him on the TV in the defeat to Luton and although Reading are dreadful he is another Eze. By far and away the best player on the pitch. He was virtually unplayable in an otherwise journeyman side. About £4m apparently would get him. If we do sell a few on he would be a high ticket signing but my god he would make a difference in this squad. Still only 24 so his resale value would be high.

Ejaria looked different class only a year or two ago. Type of player Warbs would have brought the best out of imo.

Bare bones.

Players in? on 20:25 - May 9 with 4497 viewsDieByYourSide

Who's paying £4m for Ejaria? Apparently unvaxxed & missed half the season because of recurring Covid isolations, very talented but doesn't post big stats.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 20:38]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Players in? on 09:35 - May 10 with 4098 viewsTheChef

Players in? on 20:25 - May 9 by DieByYourSide

Who's paying £4m for Ejaria? Apparently unvaxxed & missed half the season because of recurring Covid isolations, very talented but doesn't post big stats.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 20:38]

Ejaria way out of our budget.

Izzy Brown fits our bill better.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players in? on 10:25 - May 10 with 4000 viewsderbyhoop

PNE interested in Gray, allegedly.

He's free transfer but I doubt we can afford wages he will want. But Preston can?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players in? on 10:32 - May 10 with 3970 viewsterryb

Players in? on 10:25 - May 10 by derbyhoop

He's free transfer but I doubt we can afford wages he will want. But Preston can?

Preston are releasing 13 players & have made others available for transfer. That should free up some wages!
Players in? on 10:39 - May 10 with 3948 viewsnadera78

The OP using the phrase 'no brainer' in conjunction with Andre Gray pretty much sums up my view of the man. Wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole last summer and still wouldn't now. He has an absolutely appalling attitude to everyone and everything that isn't him, he's the last person I'd want anywhere near a group of young players.
Players in? on 10:44 - May 10 with 3920 viewsderbyhoop

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players in? on 10:46 - May 10 with 3904 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players in? on 10:25 - May 10 by derbyhoop

We could easily afford his wages, because no one is offering him anything massive are they? Not even Forest or Bristol C. He will be taking a massive pay cut wherever he goes.

Bare bones.

Players in? on 10:58 - May 10 with 3866 viewsWadR

Yeah I'm sceptical about Gray. What are his wage demands going to be after being on £45k pw at Watford? Obviously scored some very well taken goals this season and has pace which we so so lack. But it's all the phoned in performances, the moaning at team-mates that really puts me off.

How about Carlton Morris? Always looked good for Barnsley. 26, has pace, would see QPR as a step up.
Players in? on 11:07 - May 10 with 3826 viewsPinnerPaul

Pretty compelling stat Clive came up with however, 3rd best striker in the division in terms of goals per minutes played.

TBF to Clive he DID then say that he only looks interested spasmodically, not sure I agree with that but only fair to add context to Clive's stat.
Players in? on 11:10 - May 10 with 3803 viewsQPR_Jim

Players in? on 10:46 - May 10 by Antti_Heinola

We could easily afford his wages, because no one is offering him anything massive are they? Not even Forest or Bristol C. He will be taking a massive pay cut wherever he goes.

Possibly not in the championship, there always seems to be one club that will pay over the odds for him though so I wouldn't be surprised, if we did go in for him, that we were out-bid. Failing that he may look further afield for a final payday.

Hopefully we have a range of targets identified.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024