Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lootin Town 22:54 - May 16 with 6563 viewsNortholt_Rs

There is a God.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lootin Town on 23:08 - May 16 with 4516 viewsDannyPaddox

I surprised myself how loud I shouted “Get in Jordan ‘kin Rhodes!

Easy-Jet pikeys.
Lootin Town on 23:13 - May 16 with 4491 viewsLazyFan

It is excellent that LowTown failed, but really they had loads of injuries. If top scorer Elijah Adebayo had not been injured for the playoffs they may have progressed. Their manager has done a great job there.

Many players are now though, out of contract, including Cornick who is arguably their best player. In addition out of contract, it seems their entire defence. I suspect they won't be able to match the wages of any clubs sniffing about and will lose them so, another rebuilding year for that LowTown next season.

This was their big chance and it's gone now.

zzzzzzzzzz

Lootin Town on 23:15 - May 16 with 4489 viewsdaveB

Huddersfield fans a disgrace at the end, throwing coins at Luton fans, getting in the face of Luton players. Nathan Jones was right for once to call them out
Lootin Town on 23:26 - May 16 with 4433 viewsBakes

ffs

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Lootin Town on 23:35 - May 16 with 4388 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lootin Town on 23:43 - May 16 with 4343 viewsHooparoo

Can’t see Huddersfield beating Forest.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lootin Town on 23:46 - May 16 with 4330 viewsthame_hoops

Lootin Town on 23:15 - May 16 by daveB

Huddersfield fans a disgrace at the end, throwing coins at Luton fans, getting in the face of Luton players. Nathan Jones was right for once to call them out

Have a night off Contrary Dave 🙄🙄🙄
Lootin Town on 01:00 - May 17 with 4211 viewsthemodfather

Great Lootiwn lost they should still be in the screw fix league
Login to get fewer ads

Lootin Town on 06:33 - May 17 with 3937 viewsWokingR

Look forward to seeing you again next season Luton, and for another 6 points.
And if you’re bringing that little, rabid dog, please remember his muzzle this time.
Lootin Town on 07:05 - May 17 with 3862 viewsJamesB1979

Lootin Town on 23:15 - May 16 by daveB

Not saying 2 wrongs don’t make a right but in Luton’s case they do:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luton-v-york-play-off-crowd-3356673
Lootin Town on 07:10 - May 17 with 3843 viewsPaddyhoops

I think Luton have done brilliantly well this season to make the play offs however not a lot of sympathy for Nathan Jones who once again banged on about how much other clubs have spent particularly after the first leg. He had money to spend at Stoke and couldn't hack it. Oh and Snidey Snodgrass finished on the losing side which is never a bad thing.
Lootin Town on 07:36 - May 17 with 3751 viewsbosh67

I live in Luton so was in my local pub with a group of their fans watching the game last night. Sonny Bradley is 30 now and one of the best cbs I’ve seen in ages. Proper captain and leader for them. That back line are very well marshalled by him and he’s a big reason they’ve done so well this season. If we were ever to poach a player off them it would be him. Probably doesn’t fit the age profile but he’s one of the best in the league imho.

Their fans took it pretty well at the end and probably should have converted chances first half. Not quite brave enough first leg and like us, riddled with injuries. They brought on Adebayo in the last minute and as their keeper wasted time picking up the ball he hobbled over to make him pick it up. He could barely walk.

I don’t have much time for Jones but he’s done a remarkable job there this season. I think this was their big chance this season. They were generally better than Huddersfield. Huddersfield will I think get beaten by either utd or Forest. Several Luton players were punched and kicked after the game by Huddersfield fans so there should be an investigation into that. Totally unacceptable.

I really feel Warburton paid the price of Luton and Huddersfield making the play offs over us and was judged as such, without looking at all the actual improvements he had installed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lootin Town on 07:53 - May 17 with 3706 viewsPhildo

if you put that new crying filter thing on Nathan Jones face does it make him smile?
Lootin Town on 08:06 - May 17 with 3661 viewsdaveB

Lootin Town on 07:05 - May 17 by JamesB1979

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luton-v-york-play-off-crowd-3356673

Oh yeah they are no angels and if it had been the other way around I'm sure they'd have had fans doing the same, us as well I imagine, just thought it was poor though and seeing some of the videos I can see why the manager kicked off.

Was funny when he cried though
Lootin Town on 08:12 - May 17 with 3639 viewsMrSheen

Lootin Town on 07:36 - May 17 by bosh67

I live in Luton so was in my local pub with a group of their fans watching the game last night. Sonny Bradley is 30 now and one of the best cbs I’ve seen in ages. Proper captain and leader for them. That back line are very well marshalled by him and he’s a big reason they’ve done so well this season. If we were ever to poach a player off them it would be him. Probably doesn’t fit the age profile but he’s one of the best in the league imho.

Their fans took it pretty well at the end and probably should have converted chances first half. Not quite brave enough first leg and like us, riddled with injuries. They brought on Adebayo in the last minute and as their keeper wasted time picking up the ball he hobbled over to make him pick it up. He could barely walk.

I don’t have much time for Jones but he’s done a remarkable job there this season. I think this was their big chance this season. They were generally better than Huddersfield. Huddersfield will I think get beaten by either utd or Forest. Several Luton players were punched and kicked after the game by Huddersfield fans so there should be an investigation into that. Totally unacceptable.

I really feel Warburton paid the price of Luton and Huddersfield making the play offs over us and was judged as such, without looking at all the actual improvements he had installed.

They're certainly not easy to like, but their achievement in recovering from an exemplary punishment beating by the league (bravely rediscovering their rule book when a small club is involved) to come roaring back to the top end of the Championship is extraordinary. All seemingly without a sugar-daddy. Ipswich fans must dream of such excitement. Who's to say they're not finished yet?
Lootin Town on 08:27 - May 17 with 3590 viewsstowmarketrange

Lootin Town on 07:05 - May 17 by JamesB1979

The difference is that Luton lost that game and their season was over.Huddersfield fans were supposed to be celebrating a victory and a trip to Wembley.
There isn’t an excuse in either case,but if you’ve just beaten the team,why not just celebrate instead of lashing out at players and fans who have done nothing wrong?
Good to see them lose though.
Lootin Town on 09:26 - May 17 with 3399 viewsloftus77

Got one word to say to Luton this morning - Barnsley.

That could have been their only chance...
Lootin Town on 09:42 - May 17 with 3325 viewsDannytheR

Lootin Town on 08:27 - May 17 by stowmarketrange

The difference is that Luton lost that game and their season was over.Huddersfield fans were supposed to be celebrating a victory and a trip to Wembley.
There isn’t an excuse in either case,but if you’ve just beaten the team,why not just celebrate instead of lashing out at players and fans who have done nothing wrong?
Good to see them lose though.

Mark of a nothing club. It was the same in Cardiff after the Square It Tommy play-off. I remember their fans literally sprinting out of the Millennium on the final whistle to give us grief on the way back to the train, and we were saying, if Rangers had just won promotion in the last minute of extra time at Loftus Road, what sad tw*ts would be instantly pegging it out onto South Africa Road just to bait the opposition?

Sad Cardiff tw*ts was the answer.
Lootin Town on 10:04 - May 17 with 3241 viewsterryb

Unlike nearly everyone else on this site, I have no dislike of Luton Town!

Maybe that is because I'm a 70 year old who remembers that the two clubs (and fans) used to get on well together & had a common "enemy" in Watford. I also had young children & wasn't going to Rangers when the problems reared into life in the '80's.

However, I was pleased that Huddersfield won last night as I do dislike Nathan Jones! He has done a tremendous job as their manager, but his whining reminds me of Dave Jones a decade ago.
Lootin Town on 10:13 - May 17 with 3196 viewsbosh67

Lootin Town on 10:04 - May 17 by terryb

Unlike nearly everyone else on this site, I have no dislike of Luton Town!

Maybe that is because I'm a 70 year old who remembers that the two clubs (and fans) used to get on well together & had a common "enemy" in Watford. I also had young children & wasn't going to Rangers when the problems reared into life in the '80's.

However, I was pleased that Huddersfield won last night as I do dislike Nathan Jones! He has done a tremendous job as their manager, but his whining reminds me of Dave Jones a decade ago.

Yes living in Luton and having so many locals I know well support them has softened my opinion. Most of the fans are like us but far less ambitious. They don't appear to hate us anywhere near as much as we hate them. They reserve that for Watford, as we do with Chelsea. I think, doing what they have done with no wealthy backers and with a similar approach to Warnock, picking up solid players who do a job, has been a real example of what can be done with a board that trusts their manager and players.

Of course, Mick Harford's cancer fund raisers were held at our ground and we were one of the very few who didn't vote against them when the FA and clubs alike almost put them out of business.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lootin Town on 10:22 - May 17 with 3168 viewsstowmarketrange

Lootin Town on 09:42 - May 17 by DannytheR

Mark of a nothing club. It was the same in Cardiff after the Square It Tommy play-off. I remember their fans literally sprinting out of the Millennium on the final whistle to give us grief on the way back to the train, and we were saying, if Rangers had just won promotion in the last minute of extra time at Loftus Road, what sad tw*ts would be instantly pegging it out onto South Africa Road just to bait the opposition?

Sad Cardiff tw*ts was the answer.

It was quite bad at Cardiff,but it would’ve been a lot worse if we’d won,and also at Man City in 2012.Although it would’ve been good to make the playoffs this season,there will be 3 teams losing in them and I’m not sure how some of our fans would’ve handled defeat in such a high profile game,especially if that had been at Wembley?

On a separate issue,there was a discussion on 5 live on Saturday night about legalising drug use across the country.One of the callers was a former drugs squad officer from Thames valley police who went on about how much it costs to clear up after alcohol induced violence,but he didn’t seem to think that the same morons who are violent after drink might be taking drugs too.I was going to phone in and remind him about how much football violence is fuelled by idiots who take cocaine as well as the alcohol.And this clown wants to legalise it all because it would be safer.
How many times at away games last season were you unable to get anywhere near the toilets at half time because they were full of fans for 15 minutes?I’m not saying that everyone was doing it,but it seemed to me that a fair few were.Unless we have the largest percentage of smoking fans in the country.
Lootin Town on 10:33 - May 17 with 3132 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lootin Town on 10:22 - May 17 by stowmarketrange

It was quite bad at Cardiff,but it would’ve been a lot worse if we’d won,and also at Man City in 2012.Although it would’ve been good to make the playoffs this season,there will be 3 teams losing in them and I’m not sure how some of our fans would’ve handled defeat in such a high profile game,especially if that had been at Wembley?

On a separate issue,there was a discussion on 5 live on Saturday night about legalising drug use across the country.One of the callers was a former drugs squad officer from Thames valley police who went on about how much it costs to clear up after alcohol induced violence,but he didn’t seem to think that the same morons who are violent after drink might be taking drugs too.I was going to phone in and remind him about how much football violence is fuelled by idiots who take cocaine as well as the alcohol.And this clown wants to legalise it all because it would be safer.
How many times at away games last season were you unable to get anywhere near the toilets at half time because they were full of fans for 15 minutes?I’m not saying that everyone was doing it,but it seemed to me that a fair few were.Unless we have the largest percentage of smoking fans in the country.

surely they're talking about marijouana? I don't think I've heard anyone suggest cocaine should be legalised.

Bare bones.

Lootin Town on 10:40 - May 17 with 3080 viewsstowmarketrange

Lootin Town on 10:33 - May 17 by Antti_Heinola

surely they're talking about marijouana? I don't think I've heard anyone suggest cocaine should be legalised.

The 1st expert(?) speaker on there was talking about all drugs,and I’m sure the copper echoed that view.
I agree that cannabis should be treated differently to the others,but if the mental health of some users are affected,should it be legalised too?I don’t know what the official figures are,but if it’s 1 in 100,or 1 in 1000,is it a price worth paying?
Lootin Town on 10:48 - May 17 with 3054 viewsBoston

I’ve certainly suffered due to an over exposure of Michael Caine.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lootin Town on 11:03 - May 17 with 3023 viewsJuzzie

Lootin Town on 23:26 - May 16 by Bakes

ffs

What makes this funnier is that the avatar was a photo from when we scored a last minute winner against Luton which effectively relegated them and pretty much secured our own safety (yes, I am a nerd).

There's no taking away from the fact they have had a great season but Jones' constant whining makes it hard for people to warm to them.

[Post edited 17 May 2022 11:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024