Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker dropped from MOTD 16:54 - Mar 10 with 36603 viewsBushman

David Attenborough show kicked sideways to iPlayer

What times we live in

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:03 - Mar 10 with 9580 viewseasthertsr

Absolutely ridiculous! He tweets in his spare time, not voicing his opinions whilst on air. He works for the sports department of the BBC , not current affairs. Why on earth should be be not able to comment on politics ?
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:04 - Mar 10 with 9524 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This thread will end up fine I’m sure.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:13 - Mar 10 with 9491 viewsdavman

Man has opinion he dares to share.

Utterly, utterly ridiculous that you get censured by who you work for.

They pay you, they do not own you.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:15 - Mar 10 with 9475 viewsToast_R

His first suspension 😆
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:17 - Mar 10 with 9454 viewsderbyhoop

Glad to see Richard Sharp and Robbie Gibb making an impact.
Former helped source a loan for Johnson, while the latter was T May's chief of staff before becoming a driving force in GB News.
Nothing to see here.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:19 - Mar 10 with 9434 viewstraininvain

Cancel culture.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:22 - Mar 10 with 9417 viewsHAYESBOY

We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people wont be offended.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:27 - Mar 10 with 9374 viewsLogman

Own goal by the BBC.
Login to get fewer ads

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:34 - Mar 10 with 9313 viewsHarbour

Bit odd that as Alan Sugar publicly backed Bojo at the last election and he kept his job? I’d it the now CBC rather than the BBC?
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:34 - Mar 10 with 9311 viewsNorthernr

Inevitable. As soon as a blowhard like Tim Davie was put in charge and started blabbing on about impartiality they were going to have a problem, because there will inevitably be contradictions like Andrew Neil, Alan Sugar, Robbie Gibb, Richard Sharp etc and in this era of extreme division you're just going to tie yourself in a thousand 'whataboutery' knots. I suspect you'll see exactly what I mean over the following dozen pages of this thread.

Be interesting to see who actually hosts and appears on it now. Ian Wright has already said he won't do the show tomorrow.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:37 - Mar 10 with 9280 viewsRanger_Things

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:19 - Mar 10 by traininvain

Cancel culture.

Yep and it looks like the Right Wing “champions of free speech” have gone for Sir David Attenborough too.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/mar/10/david-attenborough-bbc-wild-isles-
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:38 - Mar 10 with 9226 viewsSheffieldHoop

People have been calling each other nazis on the internet for decades, it's hardly news. Including people who regularly appear on the BBC, directly employed or not.

What I can't understand about the BBC is why they're sending push notifications through the news app every few days about how Twitter is definitely on the brink of collapse, any day now. Who gives a fck? Fck off.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:41 - Mar 10 with 9234 viewsdmm

Auntie BBC is a reactionary old bitch controlled by reactionary old Tories.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:46 - Mar 10 with 9185 viewswesty

Absolutely absurd. You just know what type of person will be getting the gig once Lineker is forced out. You only have to look at Grandstand to see where this is going. Diversity my arse
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:49 - Mar 10 with 9149 viewsPaddyhoops

A national treasure muzzled. Karen Brady and Alan Sugar well known for political views and donations next out the door . Doubtful.
Free speech my arse.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:51 - Mar 10 with 9119 viewsPunteR

Don't care about Lineker. Great striker though.

Don't really understand the Attenborough decision.
This right/left thing can just get in the fcking sea.
The thing is Attenborough can preach about evolution all day long and no religious fundermentalist bat's an eyelid. Say something mildly political and people loose their shit!..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:51 - Mar 10 with 9103 viewsRs_Holy

Ian Wright refusing to appear on tomorrow’s show…. Good lad!!!
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:54 - Mar 10 with 9106 viewsStreathamRanger

This never ending culture war is almost as depressing as QPRs never ending losing run. We're now in scorched earth territory. Tories are finished and they know it. Their only objective now is to leave the country in as much of a mess as possible for when Labour take over. What a wretched state we're in!
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:55 - Mar 10 with 9091 viewsDWQPR

Whatever the rights or wrongs of what the Tories are trying to put into law with the illegal immigrants coming over from France, who really are the country who should be sorting this out rather than allowing the people traffickers to continue to make millions, the fact is that it is not comparable to Nazi Germany or the holocaust which Lineker pretty much suggested. He could have tweeted that the laws were in his view callous, inhumane, anything. But it certainly isn’t comparable to Nazi Germany. On the bright side with a bit of luck there will be no punditry at all and we can watch 90 minutes of back to back action. MOTD is much like a football match nowadays. You want to see 90 minutes of football and get less than an hour because of pundit shithousery telling you exactly what you’ve just watched with your own eyes. And getting overpaid for the benefit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:59 - Mar 10 with 9049 viewsStreathamRanger

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:55 - Mar 10 by DWQPR

Whatever the rights or wrongs of what the Tories are trying to put into law with the illegal immigrants coming over from France, who really are the country who should be sorting this out rather than allowing the people traffickers to continue to make millions, the fact is that it is not comparable to Nazi Germany or the holocaust which Lineker pretty much suggested. He could have tweeted that the laws were in his view callous, inhumane, anything. But it certainly isn’t comparable to Nazi Germany. On the bright side with a bit of luck there will be no punditry at all and we can watch 90 minutes of back to back action. MOTD is much like a football match nowadays. You want to see 90 minutes of football and get less than an hour because of pundit shithousery telling you exactly what you’ve just watched with your own eyes. And getting overpaid for the benefit.

But he didn't compare it to the Holocaust. He said the language used by Braverman and co is similar to the language used in 1930s Germany to sow division. He's not wrong. If he said sending people to Ruwanda was like the holocaust then of course that would be wrong, but he didn't.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:02 - Mar 10 with 8999 viewsHayesender

Matt Le Tisier to take over

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:02 - Mar 10 with 9012 viewsnumptydumpty

Ridiculous decision

And Linekers words taken out of context

He was likening the WORDING of the boats issue on a par with the WORDING used in 1930s Germany.

I no idea about that but he wasn't likening us to Nazi Germany but obviously the link in a clumsily worded tweet taken it of all meaning and almost then saying Lineker supports Nazi Germany.

Mad.

He was vocal about Qatars human rights issues but despite some aspects society working well there ie very organised, lack of drink related issues etc but his view to complain against them deemed ok by BBC.

Whether people like Gary Lineker as a presenter he has been there for 25 years and provided them with being a decent presenter over many many years.

One word out of place and strike three.

BONKERS WORLD !!!!

Who are these idiots in charge of WOKE society...

When people can send DEATH threats to random people online and most Internet trolling is nearly always not investigated or indeed prosecuted also.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:03 - Mar 10 with 9011 viewsStreathamRanger

'After the announcement, ex-Blue Peter presenter Simon Thomas said: “I wonder what the end result would have been had @GaryLineker Tweeted his whole hearted support for the Government’s immigration policy & had used the same inflammatory words like ‘invasion’ that were deployed by @SuellaBraverman?

“This (100 emoji) would not have been the end result.”

👆
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:04 - Mar 10 with 9001 viewsted_hendrix

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 17:37 - Mar 10 by Ranger_Things

Yep and it looks like the Right Wing “champions of free speech” have gone for Sir David Attenborough too.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/mar/10/david-attenborough-bbc-wild-isles-

He 96 Years old ffs, what a disgraceful way to treat a BBC legend.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 18:06 - Mar 10 with 8975 viewsDamo1962

He is entitled to his ,"opinion" like anyone else. I doubt the Left would be so offended about his treatment though, if someone more to the right had said it. In my "opinion," Lineker is a self righteous, virtue signalling, hypocritical bore. He is probably already dotting the I's and crossing the T's on his new lucrative gig. The BBC should be defunded...then they can hire any blow-hard they want.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024