Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 21:55 - Apr 10 with 5783 viewswombat

Excellent performance from him today , something we have badly been missing all season , tackling chasing runs forward , hopefully he can stay fit to the end of the season as he could be a huge player for us in the coming weeks

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Luke Amos on 22:01 - Apr 10 with 4897 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I liked his energy, but I thought his passing and tacking were very poor.

I said this earlier to distortR, but I didn't really allow at the time for the fact that he would have been rusty as he's played so little. If he plays again against Cov then it would be fair to expect that he'd be better on the ball as well, maybe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke Amos on 22:01 - Apr 10 with 4899 viewsJigsore

Thought he was quite rusty actually, but that is probably fair enough. He does have more athleticism than the rest of our midfielders and always showed for the ball today... Let's see if he can stay fit for the next month.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Luke Amos on 22:02 - Apr 10 with 4892 viewsswisscottage

I concur..

Whilst his touch and passing were understandably rusty, I thought he was key along with Field to the pressing game that was so effective for large parts of the game, in that they both won a lot of the second balls, and didn't give the opposition any time on the ball to pick a pass.
Luke Amos on 22:08 - Apr 10 with 4825 views1JD

His energy, pace and desire made a huge difference, unsurprisingly. Exactly what this side has been missing for far too long. It’s just a shame he’s been injured so much.
Luke Amos on 22:13 - Apr 10 with 4766 viewsdmm

In the past he's always taken a few matches to get everything working properly when coming back from a spell out. Being such a confidence player affects his game a lot, but I think today's match will have provided a bit of a boost in that respect.

I hope he starts v Coventry and think he'll produce better quality with the ball that we know he possesses.
Luke Amos on 22:23 - Apr 10 with 4692 viewscolinallcars

He's out of contract this summer I believe. Given his injury record I doubt there'll be many suitors.
I like him - a new contract d'you think ?
Luke Amos on 22:27 - Apr 10 with 4663 viewsdmm

Luke Amos on 22:23 - Apr 10 by colinallcars

He's out of contract this summer I believe. Given his injury record I doubt there'll be many suitors.

You're right, he's out of contract this summer. I think it must be touch and go whether he's given a contract extension. If he is it'll probably be just a further year.
Luke Amos on 22:54 - Apr 10 with 4476 viewsnumptydumpty

He is a decent player, but his injury record has blighted his career so far.

If he wasn't injury prone, he would not be with us.

Has impressed at times but he has never been injury free for long enough to have had the impact he potentially could.

Prefer him to Dozzell and Johansen perhaps also. Ie Stefan is on the down slope these days.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 23:16 - Apr 10 with 4395 viewsStanisgod

Good game but still gives ridiculous free kickks away and powder puff in the tackle.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Luke Amos on 07:10 - Apr 11 with 4010 viewsdistortR

I thought WBA really lacked intensity, which helped our midfield. They reminded me of Watford, a game in which Dozzel looked like the answer to our midfield problems.
Those who want Amos offered a new contract, please don't have the audacity to complain about us signing crocks!
Luke Amos on 07:13 - Apr 11 with 3979 viewsWegerles_Stairs

His best game this season. Good to have some energy there for a change, which really helped Field (who was awful on Friday).
Luke Amos on 07:20 - Apr 11 with 3956 viewsDeanoMD

Unfortunately he's just never played enough to deserve a new deal, he's got to go in my opinion, cue Les giving him a new 3 year deal.......SMH......sigh
Luke Amos on 07:27 - Apr 11 with 3921 viewsstevec

How many years have we had now of Amos flattering to deceive?

There is a decent player in there but whenever he’s had an influential game you can be fairly sure he’ll follow it up with a number of stinkers until he ends up back on the bench again.

Let’s not get fooled again by a decent 90 minutes.
Luke Amos on 08:16 - Apr 11 with 3779 viewsBlackCrowe

I thought he was average. Plenty of energy but second to a tackle and erratic distribution.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Luke Amos on 08:25 - Apr 11 with 3752 viewstraininvain

Luke Amos on 07:27 - Apr 11 by stevec

How many years have we had now of Amos flattering to deceive?

There is a decent player in there but whenever he’s had an influential game you can be fairly sure he’ll follow it up with a number of stinkers until he ends up back on the bench again.

Let’s not get fooled again by a decent 90 minutes.

Maybe I’m too cynical but some coincidence that he’s suddenly fit and putting in a shift as we approach the end of the season with his contract expiring in the summer.

Obviously not going to complain if it helps get us over the line but I wouldn’t be rushing to dish out new contracts based upon a few improved performances towards the end of the season.
Luke Amos on 09:00 - Apr 11 with 3616 viewsPeterHucker

I like Amos and hope he can play a part in keeping us up over the next 5 games.

But since signing permanently in summer 2020 his many injury problems have meant that he's played only 56 times in 3 seasons.
He's 26 so reluctantly I'd let him go this summer & try to bring in a younger version who's going to be available more frequently.
Luke Amos on 09:08 - Apr 11 with 3580 viewsBAWHoops

Absolutely not.

Been here 3 years on a permanent contract and managed to play half a season to any sort of level in that time.
He's never fit and just sucks up money.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Luke Amos on 09:19 - Apr 11 with 3520 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No doubt serious injury has blighted him, and that's a real shame as he could have gone a lit further in the game.

However, given our financial position and the need to reduce crocks - with its impact on the squad over the course of the season - he goes.

We need to be more ruthless and savvy. Look at Owens, for example, been here how many years sucking up funds and played once. Amos, JCS, the TR brothers and so forth.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luke Amos on 09:30 - Apr 11 with 3453 viewsjoe90

Luke Amos is a very good footballer, but he has long term injury issues which is why he plays for us. Last season he scored a number of vital goals for us, that shouldn't be forgotten.

I would love to see him play more, as no doubt he'll improve the more he plays, but it's unlikely he'll ever get a run of games.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 18:50]
Luke Amos on 09:42 - Apr 11 with 3413 viewsozexile

Release release release.
Luke Amos on 10:47 - Apr 11 with 3273 viewsDWQPR

Luke Amos on 09:19 - Apr 11 by PlanetHonneywood

No doubt serious injury has blighted him, and that's a real shame as he could have gone a lit further in the game.

However, given our financial position and the need to reduce crocks - with its impact on the squad over the course of the season - he goes.

We need to be more ruthless and savvy. Look at Owens, for example, been here how many years sucking up funds and played once. Amos, JCS, the TR brothers and so forth.

Apart from an ACL within a year of suffering one whilst at Spuds. I like Amos. Under Warburton he was really starting to shine, and scored a fair few goals making late runs into the box. I’d keep him if we could. For me he is a step up from Johansen who I’ve never really warmed to.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Luke Amos on 12:04 - Apr 11 with 3059 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Luke Amos on 22:01 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I liked his energy, but I thought his passing and tacking were very poor.

I said this earlier to distortR, but I didn't really allow at the time for the fact that he would have been rusty as he's played so little. If he plays again against Cov then it would be fair to expect that he'd be better on the ball as well, maybe.

This. A typical performance from a high-energy player lacking match sharpness.

As for his future, I defer comment on that until the close season. Right now, everyone's focus needs to be on the battle to stay up.
Luke Amos on 15:11 - Apr 11 with 2805 viewsLogman

Release. 100%. We need 18 - 22 players who are capable of playing at least 75% of the games for us. Financially and for the benefit of the team we cannot have all these players who cannot play more than 3 games in a row before they are off for 6 weeks +.

I prefer to wait until the end of the season when we know where we are to discuss who to keep and who to release but Amos playing a handful of games for us will be no good in the Championship or League One.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 15:18]
Luke Amos on 15:32 - Apr 11 with 2703 viewsgazza1

He is not good enough to be offered a new contract.......

Against WBA is was one of our worse players - running around is not enough.

Overall he is injured (or not selected) more times than he is available for selection/selected.

Giving out friendly/loyalty contracts has got to be a thing of the past.
Luke Amos on 17:34 - Apr 11 with 2483 viewsHunterhoop

Luke Amos on 15:32 - Apr 11 by gazza1

He is not good enough to be offered a new contract.......

Against WBA is was one of our worse players - running around is not enough.

Overall he is injured (or not selected) more times than he is available for selection/selected.

Giving out friendly/loyalty contracts has got to be a thing of the past.

Running around is not enough, but it’s much better than players who don’t run around in the first place, of which we’ve had for too many this season!

The decision on whether to renew him is entirely based on the cost.

He has a bad injury record. If we renew, it should be on a reduced salary. But given the market and that injury record, I doubt he’ll find it easy securing a contract elsewhere on the same money.

If you can get him on the cheap at a reduced level, that makes 20 games a season somewhat of a decent value, I would renew him. He covers a lot of ground and can press well (which will suit Ainsworth’s game plan), he gets into the box more than any of our CMs (and we need goals from midfield), and he’s young so has upside.

Is he “good enough” to start for a play off hunting side in the Championship at present? No.

Are we that team? No.

Are we a team in the bottom half/league 1? Yes. Can such teams sign better midfielders on less money who will play every week? I doubt it.

Whether he accepts a reduced deal is entirely up for debate though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024