Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread 17:06 - Apr 12 with 39415 viewsstowmarketrange

My 1st ever attempt at starting one of these threads so hopefully it’s a good omen.

If you’d said in October that these two teams would be either going for the playoffs,or fighting relegation,you’d be certifiable if you said that it would be us down the bottom of the league,fighting against the dreaded drop,but here we are.

Is there enough life left in the tired old body of this qpr team to get enough points to stay in the championship?If you’d asked me that question at 5pm last Friday I would’ve said no,but after getting an unlikely point at the Hawthorns,who knows.

My heart says that Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers will be blasting out of the tannoys at 5pm on Saturday.Or barely audible in the lower loft,but the head says a plucky 1-1 draw,and another point towards survival.

Here’s to another 90+ minutes of the white knuckle ride of our season.

Come on U R’ssss
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:08 - Apr 13 with 2674 viewsBluce_Ree

Coventry have been on a decent run. As much as Coventry can eternally f**k off (because of IOONENEONE Jess), I can't see us doing much against them.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:37 - Apr 13 with 2619 viewsted_hendrix

That day at Highfield Road haunts me, before the game-during the game and especially after the game outside the ground.
Saturday Is gonna be so tough.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 16:44]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:46 - Apr 13 with 2610 viewsmonners1969

2-1 Rangers which will secure us Champ football next year.
Dykes and Dunne with the goals
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:39 - Apr 14 with 2417 viewsPinnerPaul

1-1

Although I thought we normally do OK v them.

I have a vague memory of Jamie Cureton scoring at least 2 at home v them once and I know Clive Allen scored a hat trick against them and we won 5-1 .......slight snag is that we were already relegated by then!

Best memory was Stan scoring a last minute free kick at the loft end to beat them 3-2 in the cup - happy days!
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:41 - Apr 14 with 2411 viewsRangersw12

Heartbreaking last min loss 😥
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 01:16 - Apr 15 with 2243 viewsbob566

2-1. We don't do clean sheets. Players have to know what's on the line here.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 06:05 - Apr 15 with 2202 viewsBushRanger82

Hoping for the best, but knowing our lot only too well, expecting the worst.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 07:51 - Apr 15 with 2162 viewsdmm

Login to get fewer ads

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 08:24 - Apr 15 with 2128 viewsHayesender

How we all feeling this morning? I've got a sick feeling in my stomach that I've not had for years following this mob.

Just win Rangers, just win

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:08 - Apr 15 with 2077 viewscolinallcars

Climb every mountain,
Ford every Fiesta.

We'll beat 'em 2-1
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:18 - Apr 15 with 2053 viewsSonofpugwash

Fierce fiery warriors fought upon the clouds,
In ranks and squadrons and right form of war,
Which drizzled blood upon the Road;
The noise of battle hurtled in the air,
Horses did neigh, and dying men did groan,
And ghosts did shriek and squeal about the streets...

1-0 win.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:23 - Apr 15 with 2044 viewsClive_Anderson

We'll win easily 2-0 no problemo, maybe starting with a dodgy penalty.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:30 - Apr 15 with 2037 viewsnumptydumpty

Next two games are huge.

Both winnable but equally just as easily could be two losses.

Moments win games and as long as we take the lead first I will be confident. Vice versa and would be a concern.

The West Brom game bar the first 15 minute fiasco, we were decent. So has given me hope again.

But we need be switched on from the very first moments.

Fingers and everything else very firmly crossed !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:30 - Apr 15 with 2038 viewssixnil

Come on Rangers!
1-0 nerve shattering match at a raucous Loftus Road
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 10:09 - Apr 15 with 1981 viewsHooparoo

WHAT WE DO IN LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY!!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 10:31 - Apr 15 with 1956 viewscolinallcars

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:18 - Apr 15 by Sonofpugwash

1-0 win.

When the foeman bares his steel,
It's uncomfortable we feel.

Still think 2-1 to us.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 10:39 - Apr 15 with 1944 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A game the Rangers need to be scrapping for everything, including getting in the Civ dressing room at the break for the halfttime oranges.

I have no clue. I'm bereft of any sort of feeling or inclination as to how this pans out. I can't help feeling the first goal will dictate a lot.

I just hope the players replicate that which the Rfosi will bring today.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 10:44 - Apr 15 with 1937 viewsjoe90

I won’t be attending today. Despite our poor form and this team lack of effort I really do want to be there as these games count and I still want us to win.

I’ve got a good feeling and think we’ll win. No idea what the score will be, but either way I think we’ll get a much needed 3 points.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 10:44 - Apr 15 with 1939 viewsdmm

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:18 - Apr 15 by Sonofpugwash

1-0 win.

But we all know what happened to Caesar in the end!
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 11:16 - Apr 15 with 1907 viewsDorse

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 10:09 - Apr 15 by Hooparoo

WHAT WE DO IN LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY!!

'Really? Shit.' Tyler Roberts, 2023.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 13:24 - Apr 15 with 1756 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:30 - Apr 15 by numptydumpty

Next two games are huge.

Both winnable but equally just as easily could be two losses.

Moments win games and as long as we take the lead first I will be confident. Vice versa and would be a concern.

The West Brom game bar the first 15 minute fiasco, we were decent. So has given me hope again.

But we need be switched on from the very first moments.

Fingers and everything else very firmly crossed !!

2 massive games at home in a couple of days but today is the most important IMO.
Full house with a bit of momentum from WBA so I think we will win and if we do that changes Tuesdays game in our favor .Lose today and we could get nothing from both .
QPR 2 Coventry City 1 a monster 3 points in the pocket
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 13:39 - Apr 15 with 1691 viewstraininvain

Bit surprised by how many on here think we’ll win today vs a half decent Coventry team. Not feeling as confident but admire the optimism.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 13:46 - Apr 15 with 1651 viewsderbyhoop

Cardiff drawing, after 10 attempts in first half, 5 on target. We don't get that many in 2 games, let alone 45 minutes.
We're down to 21st. As it stands

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 13:47 - Apr 15 with 1648 viewsCamberleyR

Sheff U just gone 2-1 up against Cardiff.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 13:47 - Apr 15 with 1629 viewstoreqpr

Cardiff losing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024