Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? 10:01 - Apr 17 with 3823 viewsJevlar

Long time lurker, irregular poster.

Are we looking at a total fire sale and massive turnover of players (again...) ?

Not something you would want for stability, but right now with the exception of a handful of players, I'd happily drive 85% of them to their next clubs.

Not sure what the contract length is for a few of them but especially if we are in league one we need as many of our regularly crocked lot to go... can't afford to be carrying constantly injured players.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:09 - Apr 17 with 3296 viewsrobith

I dunno about a fire sale cos the only player we have worth any money is Sam Field
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:15 - Apr 17 with 3262 viewstoboboly

If we do somehow stay up I can see them selling everything that isn't nailed down due to FFP. If we go down the money rules are different so financially we may not need to sell but frankly after the season we are having would you want to keep anyone and would anyone want to buy them?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:24 - Apr 17 with 3217 viewsconnell10

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:15 - Apr 17 by toboboly

If we do somehow stay up I can see them selling everything that isn't nailed down due to FFP. If we go down the money rules are different so financially we may not need to sell but frankly after the season we are having would you want to keep anyone and would anyone want to buy them?

The players will hand transfer requests in they in their own stupid minds will think they are far to good for 3rd Division football when we go down.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:26 - Apr 17 with 3211 viewsRanger_1969

I don't suppose we have much choice in the matter and it will depend what league we're in. But right now the only ones I would want to keep would be;

Dunne
Kakay
Field
Chair
Dykes
Armstrong...

Anyone else?
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:30 - Apr 17 with 3183 viewsPhilmyRs

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:26 - Apr 17 by Ranger_1969

I don't suppose we have much choice in the matter and it will depend what league we're in. But right now the only ones I would want to keep would be;

Dunne
Kakay
Field
Chair
Dykes
Armstrong...

Anyone else?

the left back. First year in England, think he could be better next season. Very disappointing season but the Chris Willock in the first few weeks was unstoppable, if, and a big if, he could get to that level, he is still a sellable asset although won't get much due to contract situation. Not worried about any of the others. Think the bigger issue is actually how to get rid of them, whose going to what SJ for instance?
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:48 - Apr 17 with 3118 viewsTheChef

I'd expect a lot of them will look to jump ship when we go down.

As for who will take them is another story.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:57 - Apr 17 with 3087 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/294107/page:2/#31

👍

Poll: Are we staying up?

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:01 - Apr 17 with 3058 viewscollegeranger

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:48 - Apr 17 by TheChef

Glasgow Rangers hopefully ...... at a pre-slump prices !
Login to get fewer ads

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:05 - Apr 17 with 3049 viewsbongo_king

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 10:48 - Apr 17 by TheChef

I suspect they'll be a raft of lowball offers for the best players (Chair, Dieng, Dunne, Dykes, Paal, Willock, Field) if we go down i.e. a fire sale - I think any championship club would be happy to have them.

Don't think anyone will want Dozzell, Adomah, Johansen etc though... we'll be stuck with them :-O

It's going to be a brutal squad reboot either way.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:14 - Apr 17 with 3027 viewsQPRConor2000

I would trigger the 12 month option in Willocks contract, then sell him.

can only see us getting £2m for him.

Chair, Dieng, Field and Willock combined would probably get us £15m if we are lucky plus any profit from next sale clauses.

The reset I would get rid of.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:15 - Apr 17 with 3019 viewsRangersw12

Hopefully all of them will go
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:17 - Apr 17 with 3011 viewsRs_Holy

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:15 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

Hopefully all of them will go

I'd keep Jude
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:43 - Apr 17 with 2944 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:14 - Apr 17 by QPRConor2000

I would trigger the 12 month option in Willocks contract, then sell him.

can only see us getting £2m for him.

Chair, Dieng, Field and Willock combined would probably get us £15m if we are lucky plus any profit from next sale clauses.

The reset I would get rid of.

Dieng has had a horrendous season. Don't know what's happened to him.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 12:41 - Apr 17 with 2823 viewsozexile

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:43 - Apr 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

He'd be first to go. I'd go for an experienced keeper tbh. We can't afford to develop Archer for 3 seasons he's 30 already.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 12:58 - Apr 17 with 2774 viewspaulparker

The whole lot of them need to go , including the medical staff, coaches and DOF
The whole mentality of this club needs to change , it’s breeding losers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 13:05 - Apr 17 with 2754 viewsAntti_Heinola

Burn it all down!

Bare bones.

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 13:08 - Apr 17 with 2737 viewsQPR_Jim

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 12:41 - Apr 17 by ozexile

He'd be first to go. I'd go for an experienced keeper tbh. We can't afford to develop Archer for 3 seasons he's 30 already.

If we're in league 1 Walsh and Mahoney should be fine. Dickie, Dunne and Gubbins would be OK for CB's sell release the rest, maybe try to keep Masterson as well or get another in. RB Kakay and Drewe would do. LB we'd need 2 and probably sell Paal.

Midfield and up front is more complicated but in essence sell what you can Field & Chair, release most of the rest and rebuild with a few youth teamers like Pedder, Kelman and Armstrong.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 13:51 - Apr 17 with 2608 viewsNortholt_Rs

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 11:43 - Apr 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

He has to play every game with THAT ‘defence’ in front of him. What chance has he got?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 16:15 - Apr 17 with 2472 viewscolinallcars

Shell shock.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 16:22 - Apr 17 with 2450 viewsBrianWilson

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 13:08 - Apr 17 by QPR_Jim

If we're in league 1 Walsh and Mahoney should be fine. Dickie, Dunne and Gubbins would be OK for CB's sell release the rest, maybe try to keep Masterson as well or get another in. RB Kakay and Drewe would do. LB we'd need 2 and probably sell Paal.

Midfield and up front is more complicated but in essence sell what you can Field & Chair, release most of the rest and rebuild with a few youth teamers like Pedder, Kelman and Armstrong.

Likely go down to Lge 2 with that lot. Only a handful of football lge appearances between some of them.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 18:41 - Apr 17 with 2282 viewsHooping_Mad

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 13:51 - Apr 17 by Northolt_Rs

He has to play every game with THAT ‘defence’ in front of him. What chance has he got?

Should have been dropped or 'rested' 10 games ago and to be fair we tried every possible combination in front of him and nothing works.

I would love to see a complete angry basta'd that will scare or scream at the bloody defence into waking up especially with this bunch.

Not like we have one in the building

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 21:05 - Apr 17 with 2163 viewsMonkey_Roots

The loser mentality is strong in this lot… as many as we can shift, we should.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 07:20 - Apr 18 with 2010 viewsLoftgirl

He's been QPR'd.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 08:12 - Apr 18 with 1947 viewsJuzzie

You can only ‘get rid’ of players if you have a buyer and the player is willing to go.

Modern football is one big ‘Winston Bogarde‘.
Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 08:59 - Apr 18 with 1909 viewsRangersw12

Who in the squad are we keeping for next year? on 12:58 - Apr 17 by paulparker

The whole lot of them need to go , including the medical staff, coaches and DOF
The whole mentality of this club needs to change , it’s breeding losers

Along with the manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024