Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronation 09:12 - May 6 with 16695 viewsSonofpugwash

The attendance anticipated to be so low they considered paying Just Stop Oil activists to show up.

Enjoy your broadbean flan.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Coronation on 14:12 - May 7 with 2225 viewsEsox_Lucius

Coronation on 13:48 - May 7 by hubble

I was rightly marked down for this comment, but I worded it badly. What I should have said was: I'd like to see them try and stop this event.

perhaps that is why the Public Order bill was passed 3 days ago? A large number of arrests for some very spurious reasons. NWA never wrote a song called "Fück da Fire Brigade" did they?

The grass is always greener.

Coronation on 17:28 - May 7 with 2075 viewsR_from_afar

Coronation on 12:59 - May 7 by Toast_R

Blackmore only does his Medieval folk Minstrel shite now doesn't he?
Tell you what, as tonights venue is a Castle he'd likely have been all over it giving it some Sixtheenth Century Greensleeves.

I checked and you are spot on, they don't appear to have played live since 2019.

Ritchie's very much in *cloak* on the water mode these days, it seems.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Coronation on 18:09 - May 7 with 2003 viewsslmrstid

Coronation on 09:01 - May 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Maybe it will be like Birmingham where Ozzy turns up to steal the show.

I suspect not though.

We were fortunate enough to be at the Opening and Closing ceremonies last summer. When Ozzy appeared the crowd went proper wild!
Coronation on 18:32 - May 7 with 1968 viewsDamo1962

Coronation on 09:26 - May 6 by distortR

Not into it, but I hope those who are, enjoy it. Too much sneering from some on the left.

It's what they do.
Coronation on 18:41 - May 7 with 1951 viewsDamo1962

Coronation on 17:30 - May 6 by HantsR

it was in a sheath though
[Post edited 6 May 2023 17:32]

Hubba, Hubba 😎
Coronation on 18:45 - May 7 with 1937 viewsDamo1962

Coronation on 06:54 - May 7 by stevec

I was surprised the crowns didn’t come with a chinstrap.

It definitely looked better on our dear late Queen. It's a bit feminine for a bloke🤔
Coronation on 19:26 - May 7 with 1859 viewsdigswellhoop

WELL SAID
Coronation on 20:18 - May 7 with 1767 viewsthame_hoops

I know you can’t please everybody with the music choices at this concert tonight but it’s a very strange lineup. I didn’t think Take That were a thing anymore. Olly Murs? Would’ve been much better with someone like the Rolling Stones finishing it
Login to get fewer ads

Coronation on 20:25 - May 7 with 1738 viewsJuzzie

Coronation on 18:45 - May 7 by Damo1962

It definitely looked better on our dear late Queen. It's a bit feminine for a bloke🤔

I think it also suits a younger person. Two seventy somethings just looks odd, like wearing a baseball cap back-to-front if you’re over 20.
Coronation on 00:49 - May 8 with 1596 viewsDamo1962

Coronation on 20:25 - May 7 by Juzzie

I think it also suits a younger person. Two seventy somethings just looks odd, like wearing a baseball cap back-to-front if you’re over 20.

😁
Coronation on 09:00 - May 8 with 1422 viewstraininvain

Coronation on 20:18 - May 7 by thame_hoops

I know you can’t please everybody with the music choices at this concert tonight but it’s a very strange lineup. I didn’t think Take That were a thing anymore. Olly Murs? Would’ve been much better with someone like the Rolling Stones finishing it

Surely the line up is reflective of the type of musicians who wanted to be involved. Can’t imagine the Rolling Stones would have been particularly keen.
Coronation on 09:26 - May 8 with 1372 viewsNorthLondonR

Coronation on 08:44 - May 7 by Toast_R

The Coronation concert later -.Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Take That with Nicole Scherzinger, Olly Murs, Paloma Faith and Andrea Bocelli. Surely they could have done much better than that lot?

Paloma Faith the only one I'd pay money to watch tbh. Where's Noel Gallagher, Percy Plant and Brian May?

Noel Gallagher is more a zeitgeist capturing talentless c&nt, rather like Simon Cowell. Just switch off the TV it'll be better for all our elfs.
Coronation on 10:14 - May 8 with 1294 viewstraininvain

Coronation on 09:26 - May 8 by NorthLondonR

Noel Gallagher is more a zeitgeist capturing talentless c&nt, rather like Simon Cowell. Just switch off the TV it'll be better for all our elfs.

Whatever you think of Noel Gallagher, the idea that he would’ve been up for performing at last night’s concert is pretty funny.

There’s a reason it was Take That and Ollie Murs. I’m a bit surprised the Spice Girls didn’t make an appearance.
Coronation on 10:44 - May 8 with 1242 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Coronation on 10:14 - May 8 by traininvain

Whatever you think of Noel Gallagher, the idea that he would’ve been up for performing at last night’s concert is pretty funny.

There’s a reason it was Take That and Ollie Murs. I’m a bit surprised the Spice Girls didn’t make an appearance.

He rocked up pretty sharpish to No. 10 after Blair came to power. So I'm a bit surprised he wasn't there. He could have swapped stories with William about their respective 'our kids'.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Coronation on 10:57 - May 8 with 1221 viewstraininvain

Coronation on 10:44 - May 8 by PlanetHonneywood

He rocked up pretty sharpish to No. 10 after Blair came to power. So I'm a bit surprised he wasn't there. He could have swapped stories with William about their respective 'our kids'.

The difference is that Labour were seen as the working class political party at the time. Granted a lot has changed since but Labour/Tony Blair’s appeal to the likes of Noel Gallagher was largely fuelled by the preceding political landscape.

Whereas the Royal Family is the pinnacle of the super rich establishment that rock and roll stars tend to reject. Hence why you end up with bootlickers like Take That and Ollie Murs performing last night as opposed to the Rolling Stones and Noel Gallagher.
Coronation on 11:05 - May 8 with 1200 viewsQPunkR

Coronation on 00:58 - May 7 by SydneyRs

London is a great city with a great history, and is a huge attraction for tourism with or without the royals.

New York, Paris etc do just fine for tourism with no royal family.

I feel like the royalists like to pretend that all tourists who visit London do so because of royals they have next to zero chance of actually seeing. Its nonsense of course. Even if they were no longer around, the historic aspects, buildings, crown jewels etc still would be. You know, the stuff tourists actually do get to see. So the tourism argument just does not wash for me.

Don't really care one way or the other about the royals, but the claims about what they bring to the economy for me are nonsense.

Well said - the idea that tourists flock to the UK just to see Buckingham Palace because they might spot a royal family is absurd. If there were no royal family then the tourists would still turn up to see all the shiny things from years past

QPR - "shit but local"

Coronation on 11:07 - May 8 with 1195 viewsSonofpugwash

Charles appears to have Van Gogh's ear for music.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Coronation on 11:35 - May 8 with 1149 viewsWatford_Ranger

For £250m he could have pretended to enjoy it.
Coronation on 12:39 - May 8 with 1079 viewskomradkirk

top shithousing to get bocelli singing "you'll never walk alone"
well played
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024