Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronation 09:12 - May 6 with 16702 viewsSonofpugwash

The attendance anticipated to be so low they considered paying Just Stop Oil activists to show up.

Enjoy your broadbean flan.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Coronation on 14:26 - May 6 with 2434 viewsSonofpugwash

Judging by the down arrows and one or two comments it seems that lèse-majesté is still a treasonable offence.
It was a magnificent GOT/Gormenghastian type spectacle.One only needed to have dragons and the Archbishop commentator replaced by Samuel L.Jackson to make it all perfect.

Coronation on 14:32 - May 6 with 2399 viewsMatch82

Coronation on 14:24 - May 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Not literally the crown, but the constitutional monarchy. Crowns etc are just physical representations of it.

What struck me today was how gawdy the colours were in Westminster Abbey. It looked like a late 1930s Errol Flynn film, I kept expecting him to swing down on a curtain. All show, and that has been going for 1000 years, the full Hollywood show, before Hollywood existed.

Ah got it. Bowing to the idea of monarchy rather than the monarch themself. Love and learn...
Coronation on 14:37 - May 6 with 2369 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was working so missed the main course but enjoyed the fly past, shame the older planes couldn't do it due to the weather.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Coronation on 14:41 - May 6 with 2318 viewsGloryHunter

Coronation on 13:07 - May 6 by Superhoops2808

Ah well The Guardian and Independent did it... So it must be right

Having been a chauffeur back in the 90's as soon as a foreign family was driven into London they always said that was the first thing they wanted to do was visit Buckingham Palace and see things like the changing of the guard.

Its not just about what they actually do, its what they bring to the country and people rely on that for jobs etc

I know there will be posters on here who won't believe anything written in the Indy or The Guardian, as they clearly spend all day making up lefty fake news propaganda. Unfortunately I haven't come across anything in the Daily Mail that is remotely critical of the Royal Family's finances - funny, that.
I can only recommend you read Norman Baker's book. He was a Minister in the Coalition Government. I know you won't, though.
Coronation on 14:47 - May 6 with 2271 viewsSonofpugwash

Coronation on 14:37 - May 6 by Metallica_Hoop

I was working so missed the main course but enjoyed the fly past, shame the older planes couldn't do it due to the weather.

No Battle Of Britain flight then?
At least it was in colour this time,for someone who experience the QE2 coronation which was in black and white on a tv screen the size of a postage stamp.

Coronation on 14:49 - May 6 with 2259 viewsBoston

Coronation on 09:49 - May 6 by Ranger_Things

Think I’ll watch Richard Harris in Cromwell instead.

Let us know how many Irish get slaughtered will ya?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Coronation on 14:50 - May 6 with 2258 viewshamptonhillhoop

Coronation on 14:41 - May 6 by GloryHunter

I know there will be posters on here who won't believe anything written in the Indy or The Guardian, as they clearly spend all day making up lefty fake news propaganda. Unfortunately I haven't come across anything in the Daily Mail that is remotely critical of the Royal Family's finances - funny, that.
I can only recommend you read Norman Baker's book. He was a Minister in the Coalition Government. I know you won't, though.

That book was mentioned by a few people on here after the Queen died. As a result I read it, and it is certainly an eye-opener into the money making machine the royal family is. The stuff about Edward VIII was also very interesting. Like Gloryhunter, I'd recommend others give it a go
Coronation on 14:52 - May 6 with 2249 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Coronation on 14:47 - May 6 by Sonofpugwash

No Battle Of Britain flight then?
At least it was in colour this time,for someone who experience the QE2 coronation which was in black and white on a tv screen the size of a postage stamp.

My mum did too, I think she said they were the only people who had a TV in the block so people came to watch it on a tiny screen in a cabinet. (or that might have been my late nan I can't remember)

My Amazon Fire/Kindle is about the same size.

No safety regs kicked in which is understandable for 80+ years aircraft.
[Post edited 6 May 2023 14:53]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Coronation on 14:53 - May 6 with 2246 viewsSonofpugwash

Coronation on 14:49 - May 6 by Boston

Let us know how many Irish get slaughtered will ya?

None.
Filmed in Spain with the Spanish army as extras.

Coronation on 14:53 - May 6 with 2245 viewsterryb

Coronation on 14:37 - May 6 by Metallica_Hoop

I happened to see the Lancaster on Thursday!

Walking along the seafront at Aldeburgh, it flew over us. We assumed that it was carrying out a practice run for today.
Coronation on 14:55 - May 6 with 2234 viewsSonofpugwash

Coronation on 14:52 - May 6 by Metallica_Hoop

My mum did too, I think she said they were the only people who had a TV in the block so people came to watch it on a tiny screen in a cabinet. (or that might have been my late nan I can't remember)

My Amazon Fire/Kindle is about the same size.

No safety regs kicked in which is understandable for 80+ years aircraft.
[Post edited 6 May 2023 14:53]

Jeez I feel old now - I'm two weeks younger than Chaz.

Coronation on 15:08 - May 6 with 2180 viewsdistortR

Coronation on 14:55 - May 6 by Sonofpugwash

Jeez I feel old now - I'm two weeks younger than Chaz.

King Charles.
'Kin sonofpugwash.
Coronation on 15:35 - May 6 with 2101 viewsPaddyhoops

Coronation on 13:01 - May 6 by HantsR

Probably the wrong thread, but I'm quite taken with Penny Mordaunt and her sword. Father I have sinned.

She’s better at holding a sword than being a politician.
Coronation on 16:01 - May 6 with 2013 viewsR_from_afar

Coronation on 10:17 - May 6 by essextaxiboy

Not keen on Charlie, not a patch on his Mum . and as for calling that old trout Queen??

We are brilliant at the pageantry and following the history of the whole thing through the ages so Mrs Taxiboy will call me for those bits . Otherwise I am cutting down the legs of a workbench .

Just seen Liz Truss walk in ...FFS

"Just seen Liz Truss walk in ...FFS"

I'm now going to type a six word phrase I am sure I will never type or say again: To be fair to Liz Truss....

....she did the bit with the Queen (RIP) rather well.

All the other bits, however

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Coronation on 16:01 - May 6 with 2008 viewsRanger_Things

Coronation on 13:40 - May 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

You dont bow or courtesy to the person, it is to the crown, not the person wearing it.

Untrue. Peasants are expected to bow/curtsy to all members of the Royal family.
Coronation on 17:13 - May 6 with 1831 viewsEsox_Lucius

Coronation on 15:08 - May 6 by distortR

King Charles.
'Kin sonofpugwash.

Is Chucky 3 & Bride of Chucky acceptable?

The grass is always greener.

Coronation on 17:17 - May 6 with 1812 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Coronation on 16:01 - May 6 by Ranger_Things

Untrue. Peasants are expected to bow/curtsy to all members of the Royal family.

Because they are part of the constitutional monarchy, hence you bow due to what they represent, not the individual. When Diana was stripped of HRH, no one was obliged to bow anymore. The title/crown and what it is is what people are respecting when bowing etc.
Coronation on 17:17 - May 6 with 1812 viewsNorthernr

Coronation on 13:01 - May 6 by HantsR

Probably the wrong thread, but I'm quite taken with Penny Mordaunt and her sword. Father I have sinned.

I opened this thread with some trepidation but I'm pleased LFW hasn't let me down and I didn't have to get further than page two for the first mention of this.

Firm grip, two handed technique, marvellous.
Coronation on 17:22 - May 6 with 1772 viewsE17hoop

Nothing against people wanting to celebrate it but much prefer the slimmed down Dutch model. Only the monarch and heir apparent receive a stipend from the public purse. That'd rule out several dozen of our extended royal family and save a BIG chunk of cash.

It would also free up a number of buildings to be used for the public.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Coronation on 17:30 - May 6 with 1720 viewsHantsR

Coronation on 17:17 - May 6 by Northernr

I opened this thread with some trepidation but I'm pleased LFW hasn't let me down and I didn't have to get further than page two for the first mention of this.

it was in a sheath though
[Post edited 6 May 2023 17:32]
Coronation on 17:32 - May 6 with 1701 viewsPhildo

Coronation on 16:01 - May 6 by R_from_afar

"Just seen Liz Truss walk in ...FFS"

I'm now going to type a six word phrase I am sure I will never type or say again: To be fair to Liz Truss....

....she did the bit with the Queen (RIP) rather well.

All the other bits, however

If Boris was still PM it would have been Jacob Rees Mogg holding the sword and that dress would not have suited him at all
Coronation on 17:32 - May 6 with 1695 viewsDiscodroids

Coronation on 17:17 - May 6 by Northernr

Clive, l implore you, take heed of this old git...

you're still a snake hipped flashing young blade about town yet to feel the lash of the cat of middle age...

there comes a time in a blokes life , in my case at 55 years old, that by some form of osmosis, and without realising the fork in the road of sexual attraction , that you eschew the route one autobahn of a young fit bird with pert tits, taut honey Pubis, a great arse and the vaginal integrity of soft yielding temeperate watemelon.

Somewhere along the avenues and alleyways of middle age , you to will become attracted to the Mordaunt Milf jarmila kratochvílová amazon stretch -armstrong marked coffee coloured Arerolas that swing to the perfect beat, and who will barter single nappies and single Benson and hedges cancer sticks for a high heeled fishnet stockinged footjob in a CanningTown Lock up.

Middle age, it's a real Bastard.
[Post edited 6 May 2023 17:41]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Coronation on 17:34 - May 6 with 1684 viewsNorthernr

Coronation on 17:32 - May 6 by Phildo

If Boris was still PM it would have been Jacob Rees Mogg holding the sword and that dress would not have suited him at all

Somebody pointed out that if it was Theresa May then it would have been Chris Grayling! Imagine that bloke with a sword that big that close to the King - we'd have all been getting another day off for the funeral next week.
Coronation on 17:42 - May 6 with 1616 viewspaulparker

Just back from Mickey Flanagan at Wembley arena
Poxy trains were packed
I remember the time when Saturday afternoons on the trains were full of either ICF or Headhunters Now it’s middle aged women taking over the carriages downing glasses of presseco at 11am

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Coronation on 17:50 - May 6 with 1575 viewsNorthernr

Coronation on 17:42 - May 6 by paulparker

Just back from Mickey Flanagan at Wembley arena
Poxy trains were packed
I remember the time when Saturday afternoons on the trains were full of either ICF or Headhunters Now it’s middle aged women taking over the carriages downing glasses of presseco at 11am

Was he any good mate? I thought the tour set he did for his first DVD was absolutely brilliant but haven't been so taken with his more recent stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024