Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ 19:29 - Oct 17 with 5907 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

About time we had one I think?
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:42 - Oct 17 with 1351 viewsMalintabuk

Agree we have had some really good players in past, but is as been well documented that these teams were not teams in the sense of the word.
I will give Southgate due that he seems to have moulded a team spirit but even them other golden years I don't think a manager as had such an embarrassment of talent as he has
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:43 - Oct 17 with 1336 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:12 - Oct 17 by distortR

And, it appears, the old fella killed in Hartlepool was another victim of terrorism. And the kid killed in America.
The political nature of the on-going argument has me wandering if we should stop this nice, but ultimately meaningless, gesturing.
Same with the flag flying on town halls, btw.

I think we should only get rid of the gestures I personally disagree with : )
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:43 - Oct 17 with 1337 viewsToast_R

Germany here we come. Two games to spare, too easy. Slapped Italy silly home and away.
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:51 - Oct 17 with 1283 viewsdaveB

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:42 - Oct 17 by Malintabuk

Agree we have had some really good players in past, but is as been well documented that these teams were not teams in the sense of the word.
I will give Southgate due that he seems to have moulded a team spirit but even them other golden years I don't think a manager as had such an embarrassment of talent as he has

every England generation has some brilliant players. 2002-2006 England should have won something they had Ashley Cole, terry, Ferdinand, Carragher, Hargreaves, Beckham, Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Owen, Rooney, Joe Cole and I've left loads out but got nowhere near partly as the manager was busier shagging than putting an actual team together

Late 90's great players mid 80's great players go back to the 70's and the players we had didn't even qualify

What Southgate has done is take a very talented group and build a team with it. Also been very good with getting players in young, had Bellingham in the squad and played 3/4 years ago, Saka in a year or 2 before he really kicked on as well. Pickford as number 1 was a massive call before the 2018 World Cup as well

I should say he does have faults and not suggesting he can't be criticised, still think he gets subs wrong in those big games but he does brilliantly to get us to those big games which we were nowhere near for years

Tough group this on paper and we've won it with 2 games to spare
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:55 - Oct 17 with 1255 viewsNed_Kennedys

Well done England: another qualification stroll.

Look forward to another semi final appearance before Southgate gives another full rabbit in the headlights tactical masterclass and we lose to a half decent team.
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:58 - Oct 17 with 1246 viewsbosh67

Outstanding 2nd half that. Pace, power and lethal finishing. Well done lads.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 22:13 - Oct 17 with 1204 viewstraininvain

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:55 - Oct 17 by Ned_Kennedys

Look forward to another semi final appearance before Southgate gives another full rabbit in the headlights tactical masterclass and we lose to a half decent team.

Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll take solace in feeling validated that you were right all along if England lose another semi final under Southgate.

And if England win the euros, no doubt itโ€™ll be despite Southgate and down to the individual brilliance of the players. Itโ€™s a win win.
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 22:27 - Oct 17 with 1157 viewsnumptydumpty

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 21:55 - Oct 17 by Ned_Kennedys

Jeez !!!

Southgate- #sackofspuds

Southgate could win the Euros the next two times and we beat Brazil nine nil in the world cup final and still he would be criticised for dull tactics and under achieving and there are seemingly many who would not be pleased with that.

Bonkers !!!

We played the reigning Euro Champions and done over them very comfortably.

Two excellent second half goals and very good game management but every time England do well, it's the players success and nowt to do with Southgate himself.

England bashing is a thing !!!!

Difference sadly to QPR bashing is QPR would not be bashed at all if we were so competitive as England, yet England are because people don't think Southgate is flamboyant enough.

Not the best looking chap and perhaps for some - not a character they would be a mate of but so many more reasons to admire what he has done to turn England into a club mentality.

We had more world class players through time from 2000 2010 yet we had dreadful performances and dreadful results, in general often.

There is definitely a MASSIVE unconscious bias against Southgate.

Certainly all in favour of him coming into the QPR hotseat myself but for some I don't think he is good looking enough.

Total madness.

Well done England and well done Gareth.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 22:31]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 22:52 - Oct 17 with 1109 viewsNed_Kennedys

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 22:13 - Oct 17 by traininvain

Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll take solace in feeling validated that you were right all along if England lose another semi final under Southgate.

And if England win the euros, no doubt itโ€™ll be despite Southgate and down to the individual brilliance of the players. Itโ€™s a win win.

If England win the Euros you can happily say you told me so but I will not hold my breath: Southgate will sh1t the bed as usual. Heโ€™s not a winner and will not get a job at a top club after he finally goes.
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 22:55 - Oct 17 with 1099 viewsnumptydumpty

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 22:52 - Oct 17 by Ned_Kennedys

If England win the Euros you can happily say you told me so but I will not hold my breath: Southgate will sh1t the bed as usual. Heโ€™s not a winner and will not get a job at a top club after he finally goes.

So the only credit Southgate will get from you is if he wins the Euros outright.

And you support QPR. you must truly love life !!!!

Will only credit Ainsworth if we win the champions league final.

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:00 - Oct 17 with 1089 viewsNed_Kennedys

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 22:27 - Oct 17 by numptydumpty

Jeez !!!

Southgate- #sackofspuds

Southgate could win the Euros the next two times and we beat Brazil nine nil in the world cup final and still he would be criticised for dull tactics and under achieving and there are seemingly many who would not be pleased with that.

Bonkers !!!

We played the reigning Euro Champions and done over them very comfortably.

Two excellent second half goals and very good game management but every time England do well, it's the players success and nowt to do with Southgate himself.

England bashing is a thing !!!!

Difference sadly to QPR bashing is QPR would not be bashed at all if we were so competitive as England, yet England are because people don't think Southgate is flamboyant enough.

Not the best looking chap and perhaps for some - not a character they would be a mate of but so many more reasons to admire what he has done to turn England into a club mentality.

We had more world class players through time from 2000 2010 yet we had dreadful performances and dreadful results, in general often.

There is definitely a MASSIVE unconscious bias against Southgate.

Certainly all in favour of him coming into the QPR hotseat myself but for some I don't think he is good looking enough.

Total madness.

Well done England and well done Gareth.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 22:31]

What are you going on about?
You think Southgate gets criticism because heโ€™s not good looking enough? ๐Ÿ˜‚
Perhaps itโ€™s because he is tactically weak and won nothing?
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:07 - Oct 17 with 1073 viewsnumptydumpty

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:00 - Oct 17 by Ned_Kennedys

England have just beaten the European champions home and away qualified for tournament again and had best run of finishes in tournaments that England have ever had and you simply criticise the manager after achieving that.

You must have loved Graham Taylor, Steve Mclaren, Fabio Capello and Sven. Could have had big Sam though.

We have only ever one tournament when there were very few competitive nations.

England played well tonight.

Nothing to do with Southgate though.

Who do you want as replacement then.

Guardiola, Klopp or Arteta !!!!

Ned Kennedy he could do a job though. Sound like you know your onions Chap...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 23:09]

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:13 - Oct 17 with 1055 viewsaston_hoop

Fair play to England tonight. Piss poor Italy side and we dispatched them comfortably, oh for a QPR team that could do that. Is it too much to say Bellingham is already the best player in the world in his position?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:20 - Oct 17 with 1044 viewsnumptydumpty

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:13 - Oct 17 by aston_hoop

Fair play to England tonight. Piss poor Italy side and we dispatched them comfortably, oh for a QPR team that could do that. Is it too much to say Bellingham is already the best player in the world in his position?

Rumoured Real Madrid are eyeing up his brother also.

Hopefully Bellingham family is multiplying nicely...

Jude's confidence is very apparent and one of these players who just knows the right option every time.

Going to Germany at the age of 16 takes guts also and allied to his talent, could be a top player for the next ten to fifteen years.

Hopefully will give everyone a brilliant journey ahead

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:22 - Oct 17 with 1043 viewsnumptydumpty

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:00 - Oct 17 by Ned_Kennedys

[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 23:23]

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:30 - Oct 17 with 1027 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 22:52 - Oct 17 by Ned_Kennedys

I get you donโ€™t like or reckon the guy, but it takes some chutzpah to slag him just after bashing Italy up good and proper I must say!

This England side feels different to me than 2018. A big criticism of GS was the inability to beat big sides.

We just done the double over the holders!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 23:33]
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:32 - Oct 17 with 1016 viewsdistortR

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:30 - Oct 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I get you donโ€™t like or reckon the guy, but it takes some chutzpah to slag him just after bashing Italy up good and proper I must say!

This England side feels different to me than 2018. A big criticism of GS was the inability to beat big sides.

We just done the double over the holders!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 23:33]

I'm not his biggest fan, but
A) that was a good win tonight,
and
B) these pro/against arguments are so boring now
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 23:37 - Oct 17 with 1004 viewsSydneyRs

I do wonder what a manager like Ange Postecoglu could do with this squad. It would certainly be great to watch.

Great win, but just makes the Euro final more annoying. Couldn't stand the gushing over Italy at the time, they were bang average and there for the taking.
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 00:29 - Oct 18 with 948 viewskensalriser

Fun thread to read after the event. Plates of humble pie being sourly refused.

Beaten the only serious contenders for group winners home and away and qualified with room to spare.

Southgate isn't the world's best ever manager, he's made mistakes and has arguably been too conservative at times, but the narrative of when England win it's down to the players and when they don't it's down to the manager is starting to get a bit silly now.

And Italy weren't poor, they looked threatening all game. England were simply better.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 06:04 - Oct 18 with 848 viewsMalintabuk

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 00:29 - Oct 18 by kensalriser

Fun thread to read after the event. Plates of humble pie being sourly refused.

Beaten the only serious contenders for group winners home and away and qualified with room to spare.

Southgate isn't the world's best ever manager, he's made mistakes and has arguably been too conservative at times, but the narrative of when England win it's down to the players and when they don't it's down to the manager is starting to get a bit silly now.

And Italy weren't poor, they looked threatening all game. England were simply better.

Good post and I came out of the thread last night because it was becoming a bat it back and forth.
It is said that the difference between a good player and a great player is a mystical 10%...... for me that is Southgate, there just seems something missing that stops him being great.
I hope he proves me wrong and he goescon to be that great manager and wins it for England
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 06:17 - Oct 18 with 841 viewsSydneyRs

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 06:04 - Oct 18 by Malintabuk

Good post and I came out of the thread last night because it was becoming a bat it back and forth.
It is said that the difference between a good player and a great player is a mystical 10%...... for me that is Southgate, there just seems something missing that stops him being great.
I hope he proves me wrong and he goescon to be that great manager and wins it for England

That mystical 10% might just be Jude Bellingham. He may be the x factor that leads England to a tournament win. If we had him in the form he's in now for the Euro final we'd surely have won it.

Watched his post game interview earlier. He speaks like a guy who's been at the top level for 15 plus years, so impressive and clearly with a ton of self belief. Frightening to think how good he could become. Potentially another 4 world cups and 4 Euros in him.
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 06:25 - Oct 18 with 829 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 06:17 - Oct 18 by SydneyRs

That mystical 10% might just be Jude Bellingham. He may be the x factor that leads England to a tournament win. If we had him in the form he's in now for the Euro final we'd surely have won it.

Watched his post game interview earlier. He speaks like a guy who's been at the top level for 15 plus years, so impressive and clearly with a ton of self belief. Frightening to think how good he could become. Potentially another 4 world cups and 4 Euros in him.

Spot on. England have lacked a world class central midfielder for decades, hence every time the got to the latter stages of competitions they were found out.
Bellingham looks and talks like the real deal.
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 06:33 - Oct 18 with 820 viewsSydneyRs

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 06:25 - Oct 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Spot on. England have lacked a world class central midfielder for decades, hence every time the got to the latter stages of competitions they were found out.
Bellingham looks and talks like the real deal.

Probably won't do him any harm to be away from the British media playing in Spain either, and at one of the world's biggest clubs.
England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 09:24 - Oct 18 with 661 viewsTheChef

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 19:56 - Oct 17 by LimehouseR

I've also noticed you get less and less minute silences being observed respectfully. There seems to be too many morons these days who feel the need to shout out etc. The ref just gave up after 20 seconds with that one. Maybe because we are having more of them now they are losing their sense of meaning? Or is it just a reflection of society these days?

I'm only watching to see Jude to be honest. I like GS and I think he gets far too much stick but I do wonder about players like Phillips starting. He's already made two fouls and now booked and it is not even 10 minutes in...

Well yes it seems every other match these days has a minute's silence. And I'm sure there was a time when a minute's silence/applause was for something football related. So I'm not surprised if they lose their impact.

Might as well wear black armbands permanently, to mourn the human condition!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England Thread ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ on 09:30 - Oct 18 with 642 viewsLazyFan

Bellingham plays exactly like Bryan Robson. Except Robson was injured a lot, so we never saw how good he could be. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Robson#Style_of_play

Robson used to drive the team forward, pace, power and drive. For this, he was made captain of England, voted greatest player for Man Utd by the Manure fans, higher than players like Bobby Charlton!

His nickname was "Captain Marvel" by the press.

Bellingham should be made captain of England and called "Captain Marvel", because he is that good. Only injury will stop him now.

We have the forward line, Kane, Saka and Rashford. Behind them, Bellingham and Rice. We need one more midfielder and then the defence fixed and we shall win the Euro's and World Cup. Big ask the rest, but we have a chance, at least now.

Therefore Southgate needs to win it now. Kane won't last forever and Bellingham may get injured.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024