Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton docked 10 points 12:25 - Nov 17 with 17789 viewsCamberleyR

Immediately

Yet others get away scot free...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67448714
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 12:26]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Everton docked 10 points on 16:17 - Nov 17 with 3084 viewsdmm

Everton docked 10 points on 16:02 - Nov 17 by PlanetHonneywood

It's why so many of us have and are becoming disinvested with the game.

I genuinely couldn't give a fcuk at Everton's plight, and they can do whatever the fcuk they want or not to Chelsea or City, because its so far removed from the game I fell in love with as a kid, it aunt turning around in my time.

Yes, indeed Mr Honney. I too struggle with the sheer greed and rapaciousness in football these days. Sometimes it's only the friendships with fellow Rs that keep me connected. That, and the dream of seeing a goal scored at the Loft end one day.
Everton docked 10 points on 16:27 - Nov 17 with 3053 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Everton docked 10 points on 16:17 - Nov 17 by dmm

Yes, indeed Mr Honney. I too struggle with the sheer greed and rapaciousness in football these days. Sometimes it's only the friendships with fellow Rs that keep me connected. That, and the dream of seeing a goal scored at the Loft end one day.

One day brother, one day.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Everton docked 10 points (n/t) on 16:28 - Nov 17 with 3047 viewsted_hendrix

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Everton docked 10 points (n/t) on 16:43 - Nov 17 with 2981 viewsKonk

Everton docked 10 points (n/t) on 16:28 - Nov 17 by ted_hendrix

“You can have the best players, the best coaches, and the best facilities, but without an army of the world’s most expensive lawyers waging interminable battles with the authorities, there’s always a chance that you might get done for being a bunch of cheating cu nts”.

Bill Shankly

It’s like they say, if you can’t spend more money on lawyers than the Premier League or UEFA, don’t do the crime.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Everton docked 10 points on 16:49 - Nov 17 with 2955 viewsflynnbo

Everton docked 10 points on 12:48 - Nov 17 by Northolt_Rs

What happened to shiteh’s 115 charges?

The lawyers have been all over this for some time now and have finally reached a unanimous decision whereby the only way forward for all parties concerned is that QPR should be docked 20 points
Everton docked 10 points on 16:59 - Nov 17 with 2925 viewsted_hendrix

I genuinely couldn't give a fcuk at Everton's plight, and they can do whatever the fcuk they want or not to Chelsea or City, because its so far removed from the game I fell in love with as a kid, it aunt turning around in my time.

Put It this way, we've been saying for years now that footballs knackered/fcked but In reality It isn't.
When Newcastle suddenly had vast amounts of foreign cash bestowed upon them I just grimaced and thought to meself It really Is about time that clubs and football In general got Itself sorted out, It's utter madness how a few clubs can in effect have so much cash that they can go out and buy the best players and Managers in the world and virtually guarantee themselves success, In sport (football) It should be humanly competitive not financially competitive as It Is now.

Kill me for being boring because I've posted this before but at QPR way back when we were skint and there were collection buckets in the loft concourse I felt my relationship with my club was the strongest as It ever was, I couldn't wait until my new ST turned up in Its little plastic folder, then lo and behold the cash turned up at our little club and slowly but surely I started to lose Interest, we were signing players and paying them vast amounts every week and It all seemed so wrong, I dunno to me It didn't feel right (and It wasn't).

I don't care about Everton, having said that they are a historic club with (IMO) a great old British ground (accepting that they'll soon be moving) and I've got a thing about history.

I've waffled too much again

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Everton docked 10 points on 17:06 - Nov 17 with 2892 viewsLimehouseR

Everton docked 10 points on 16:17 - Nov 17 by dmm

It is a reflection of society at the moment. The Tories have enabled the super rich to get even richer and to hell with everyone else.

Like many, I really have become disinterested with it all. I barely watch much football other than the odd game and check the scores at the weekend. That's about it.

Aren't England playing today? Oh yes, already qualified. But you know, Southgate is no good and we should just get someone else in because you know, that's football.
Everton docked 10 points on 17:21 - Nov 17 with 2849 viewsJuzzie

Everton docked 10 points on 17:06 - Nov 17 by LimehouseR

It is a reflection of society at the moment. The Tories have enabled the super rich to get even richer and to hell with everyone else.

Like many, I really have become disinterested with it all. I barely watch much football other than the odd game and check the scores at the weekend. That's about it.

Aren't England playing today? Oh yes, already qualified. But you know, Southgate is no good and we should just get someone else in because you know, that's football.

"HE HAS TO GO!" screams the xerati, formerly known as twitterati, because football is all about instant everything and if you go one game without a win, "he has to go".

Jesus wept but John Lyall was West Ham manager for 15 years during which time they won the FA Cup, reached the final of the European Cup Winners' Cup the following year, got relegated from the top flight, won the FA Cup final again (last team outside the top flight to have done so), got promoted back to the top flight, lost the League Cup final whilst also quarter-finalists of the European Cup Winners' Cup and got relegated again. That's when he was sacked.

That's quite a roller coaster during 15 years because (as you say) that's football.

Today, he'd probably have been sacked a few months prior to their first relegation which was just 3 years into his tenure regardless of the fact they won the FA Cup and then reached the final of the European Cup Winners' Cup. Means nothing, yesterday's news, tomorrows fish & chip paper, it's a results business..... blah blah blah....

[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 17:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Everton docked 10 points on 17:44 - Nov 17 with 2787 viewsBluce_Ree

Everton docked 10 points on 12:27 - Nov 17 by BexleyHoop

Please, please, please dock Chelsea 40 points immediately

Seems a little light.

I'd dish out some of them DigswellHoop death penalties.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Everton docked 10 points on 18:00 - Nov 17 with 2744 viewsdaveB

They should have been done years ago, the delays on these punishment's including ours is a farce
Everton docked 10 points on 18:10 - Nov 17 with 2696 viewsthame_hoops

The annoying thing is Everton won’t go down. Typical that this year there are 3 absolutely awful teams worse than them.
Everton docked 10 points on 19:51 - Nov 17 with 2493 viewsderbyhoop

It's been going on far too long. Money has distorted the competition. And I have no sympathy for Everton. Nor for Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle if the PL finally gets some cojones.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Everton docked 10 points on 20:01 - Nov 17 with 2467 viewspaulparker

Everton docked 10 points on 18:10 - Nov 17 by thame_hoops

The annoying thing is Everton won’t go down. Typical that this year there are 3 absolutely awful teams worse than them.

Totally agree, even with the 10 point deduction they will still stay up comfortably

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Everton docked 10 points on 21:03 - Nov 17 with 2377 viewsLblock

Agree totally bar one thing - mega happy Everton done but a season too late

This is a club who have been involved in one of the smelliest results on the final day ever - only thing would make it dodgier would be George Kulscar scoring a screamer.
An openly racist club for years, scum off the pitch and have been cooking the books for the last decade. Fcuk em

Yet again though, the authorities shit it and delay the deduction to a time of least effect possible
It’s bollox

However, fcuk the game, it’s rotten

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Everton docked 10 points on 22:33 - Nov 17 with 2236 viewsClive_Anderson

£125m lost over three years instead of £105m allowed is hardly crime of the century is it and mostly a result of being a bit crap rather than any sort of cheating. Punishment seems way over the top.

Meanwhile Chelsea continue to spend infinite amounts unhindered.
Everton docked 10 points on 22:46 - Nov 17 with 2226 viewsBklynRanger

I honestly didn't realise they had these vaguely similar financial regulations up there in The Prem.

Everton's accountants must have been criminally incompetent to let that get picked up on when none of the others are getting done, not even including City and the Scum.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 22:47]
Everton docked 10 points on 23:45 - Nov 17 with 2135 viewsloftboy

Meanwhile Man City have just announced they “earned” 700 million last year but paid out wages if 440 million, meanwhile we can’t spend more than 13 million a year. The game has distorted to the point of breaking.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Everton docked 10 points on 01:24 - Nov 18 with 2074 viewsBucksRanger

Looks like Man City and Chelsea might be in the Championship in the next couple of years.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12709/13010479/papers-relegation-looking
Everton docked 10 points on 03:25 - Nov 18 with 2020 viewsnumptydumpty

Everton docked 10 points on 01:24 - Nov 18 by BucksRanger

Looks like Man City and Chelsea might be in the Championship in the next couple of years.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12709/13010479/papers-relegation-looking

If they both went down, that's the two automatic places settled for next season.

Three clubs promoted, were all in bottom three until Everton s deduction.

Look at first season top five in the first year of the Premier League

Man utd Aston Villa Norwich Blackburn QPR

It's so rare for the top six not to be the same every year.

Some times one-off Man Utd Chelsea or Spurs have a very bad season but by the end of the season, they all at the very least in the top ten.

And now seven places guaranteed ie add Newcastle to that list.

It certainly isn't a level playing field anymore

Although many countries league tables uncompetitive always now.

PSG (France) Bayern Munich (Germany) Barcelona Real Madrid (Spain) Ajax (Holland) Rangers Celtic (Scotland) QPR (England)

That's what made Leicesters win absolutely unbelievableJeff....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Everton docked 10 points on 04:42 - Nov 18 with 1961 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Everton docked 10 points on 01:24 - Nov 18 by BucksRanger

I'm just going to put it right out there, damn the consequences in doing so, and suggest neither club will be schlepping to the likes of Hull on a wet Tuesday for their league games in the forthcoming seasons!

Whichever authority is imbued with the power to relegate, won't have the necessary testicles to exercise that power.

I hope I'm wrong of course should either or both be found guilty, but I doubt it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Everton docked 10 points on 08:44 - Nov 18 with 1807 viewsThe_Beast1976

Everton docked 10 points on 20:01 - Nov 17 by paulparker

Totally agree, even with the 10 point deduction they will still stay up comfortably

Perfectly timed deduction to ensure it doesn't relegate them.

I hope it's true that Leicester and others are now going to sue then for £300m. Would be brilliant to see everyone start suing everyone for hundreds of millions. Maybe then the sh**ty spprt top flight football has become can recalibrate and start again without all the current nonsense
Everton docked 10 points on 09:28 - Nov 18 with 1750 viewsQPunkR

Everton docked 10 points on 08:44 - Nov 18 by The_Beast1976

I hope it's true that Leicester and others are now going to sue then for £300m. Would be brilliant to see everyone start suing everyone for hundreds of millions. Maybe then the sh**ty spprt top flight football has become can recalibrate and start again without all the current nonsense

At the same time though, the likes of City, Newcastle etc wouldn’t give a fiddler’s about that as it’s still just chicken feed to them

QPR - "shit but local"

Everton docked 10 points on 09:59 - Nov 18 with 1713 viewsLblock

Everton docked 10 points on 08:44 - Nov 18 by The_Beast1976

I’m not disputing people suing but where does it end?

Should the Championship sue as well as we’ve lost out on one guaranteed bumper crowd
Do Sky sue as they can only have SkySports Leedsthis season rather than also SkySportsEverton?

The truth of the matter is those in power could’ve taken this action at anytime but don’t have a spine so held off until it is more than likely meaningless

It further reinforces my view that if we’d had some nuts and rolled out the big legal guns we would’ve had a much reduced penalty imposed.
I would’ve taken points or an embargo for a season anyway rather than the level of fine we got

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Everton docked 10 points on 12:54 - Nov 18 with 1562 viewsdavman

Everton docked 10 points on 16:59 - Nov 17 by ted_hendrix

Put It this way, we've been saying for years now that footballs knackered/fcked but In reality It isn't.
When Newcastle suddenly had vast amounts of foreign cash bestowed upon them I just grimaced and thought to meself It really Is about time that clubs and football In general got Itself sorted out, It's utter madness how a few clubs can in effect have so much cash that they can go out and buy the best players and Managers in the world and virtually guarantee themselves success, In sport (football) It should be humanly competitive not financially competitive as It Is now.

Kill me for being boring because I've posted this before but at QPR way back when we were skint and there were collection buckets in the loft concourse I felt my relationship with my club was the strongest as It ever was, I couldn't wait until my new ST turned up in Its little plastic folder, then lo and behold the cash turned up at our little club and slowly but surely I started to lose Interest, we were signing players and paying them vast amounts every week and It all seemed so wrong, I dunno to me It didn't feel right (and It wasn't).

I don't care about Everton, having said that they are a historic club with (IMO) a great old British ground (accepting that they'll soon be moving) and I've got a thing about history.

I've waffled too much again

They want to treat football like a business as it is all about money.

So, like business, who gives a flying fck about how "big" clubs are? If someone chooses to put millions int a small business to grow a global brand to challenge Apple, what is to stop them doing exactly that?

...and if you are going to treat them like sporting clubs, then EVERY team should have the same wage requirements irrespective of income.

PROTECT the clubs by making the owners COMMIT funds to underwrite contracts wages and plans for the club.

And let them do it.

If a team is lucky enough to get a benefactor (as it looked like we were and even though he was utterly corrupt, what Chel*** had), good luck to them. The other clubs can whine on about it or they can look for other forms of investment to allow them to compete.

These rules will utterly BREAK football. The legal challenge Everton will make will be the most straightforward one now that Leicester, Leeds and Burnley are getting in on the act.

They CANNOT be regulated adequately and when they're broken all sorts of teams can come out of the woodwork.

And let's not forget that if a legal precedent is shown by that challenge, what is to stop Derby coming after us?

An utter mess, be done with it and look to find ways of ensuring that money invested, to whatever amount, is given to the clubs and ringfenced and NOT loaned against future profits.

It really should not be as difficult as they make it...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Everton docked 10 points on 13:28 - Nov 18 with 1492 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not sure how Everton's debt has been accrued, but let's assume the point at which they infringed the rules was at some point last season, then I fail to see what legal rights relegated teams in the two previous seasons would have as a result.

In addition, if the breach was identified at a time in point during last season, then the delay in applying the sanction and thus, crippling Everton's survival last season, could make the Premier League liable for their negligence in not acting expeditiously.

I recall Wham! paying off Sheffield United following the Tevez saga, but given the action taken against Juve and Glasgow Rangers for being naughty, the English authorities appear reluctant to act with the requisite strictness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024