Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 00:54 - Dec 30 with 5404 viewsRed_Ranger

Best 0-0 I've seen for a long time.
Enjoyed that.
Lots of commitment and positives
A bit worried about who will be fit for upcoming games.
I suspect staying up is going to the wire.
Fingers crossed.
Just Back on 01:29 - Dec 30 with 4013 viewsNorthernr

If we’d played like that on Boxing Day we’d have won,

If we play like that on New Year’s Day we will win.

And that’s the frustration with this group.
Just Back on 01:37 - Dec 30 with 3993 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yep. Crowd in good voice, team playing some nice football and doing the basics right. Making a weakened Ipswich look very ordinary which they probably are as this division is 95% crap. Actually felt like we might score which often isn’t the case even when we have a good spell. Still no shots on target and still relying on a couple of big saves from Begovic but goals are a luxury we can’t afford.

Came out of it feeling a bit numb as you just know we won’t follow it up. If Cook or Chair are out you just expect it to fall apart. I don’t think Cannon is fully fit either.

Sit down if you’ve fkd your mum. Sit down indeed.
Just Back on 06:08 - Dec 30 with 3696 viewsdenhamhoop2

Just Back on 01:29 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Exactly my thoughts we play at the level of our opponents which shows its a mentality thing rather than ability and not sure how you can fix broken people
Just Back on 08:28 - Dec 30 with 3376 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Just Back on 06:08 - Dec 30 by denhamhoop2

Exactly my thoughts we play at the level of our opponents which shows its a mentality thing rather than ability and not sure how you can fix broken people

Something we have done for YEARS!!!! Go on a decent run beating or drawing(well)against in form decent opposition and then turn up looking not even a shadow of what we had been against crap. We have been mirroring the opposition for so long I can't remember.

Very very frustrating, very.

A lot better last night than against Millwall, would of won with that effort against Sheff Wednesday, so why didn't we?

Got to be positive(somewhat)with the point and the performance last night but no way does that anyway near cover the cracks. If anything it's proof that nothing has changed, still frustrating, still makes no sense, still toothless. I don't wanna be a miserable bAaStard but with those stats coming out the other day to confirm how terrible we have been, the worst team in the country wasn't it? Over the last however many YEARS!(not months but years)Then it's gonna take a LOT more than a nil-nil.

I will be told to lighten up and maybe I should but I'm not going to, some bash the team one second the next they say things like 'we are top ten with a striker' come on don't panda to them, I want more, I want better, we all do surely? Not just every few games with a slightly improved performance.

This is why it still continues on and on as at so many other clubs with the performance of the team and all involved at the club over the last few years the place would of been well and truly smashed to bits by the fans. We have hidden behind FFP as if we are the only team in that position, I didn't realise FFP means you just give up and whatever money you do have/can spend goes on utter shiiite. Come on, nil-nil after recent wasted opportunity's to win have been totally thrown away......ain't enough to make me forget......fkn hell I am a miserable BaAstard....right of to do the same old sshiiit for a pitence, maybe I'll just put half the effort in and tell the boss I'd be top ten if I had 4 arms....or maybe I'll get a nil-nil and win employee of the week?.....
Just Back on 08:38 - Dec 30 with 3324 viewsjoe90

Decided to watch online and was pleasantly surprised by the performance. As we’ve shown, we play better against ‘better’ teams. Probably suits our style of play more, but ultimately we’re still lacking goals and ‘grit’ to achieve anything more than scraping out of the relegation zone and even that would be a massive achievement.

We know this pattern of performance, we’ve not ‘turned a corner’, we’ll be back to our old ways soon enough. Just need to enjoy the games where we play well, but credit where it’s due, that was a good game for a 0-0.
Just Back on 08:48 - Dec 30 with 3259 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Decent game, however.....

Ipswich rotated, a few regulars missing due to injuries etc.

That was probably, bar Colback for Dozzy, our strongest starting 11.

Willock, Chair injured?

Will have to rotate the team against Cardiff.

Sorry to be negative, but the truth sucks. I'd be very very surprised if we perform like that in a couple of days.
Just Back on 08:53 - Dec 30 with 3221 viewsLongsufferingR

Just Back on 08:48 - Dec 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Willock, Chair injured?

Sorry to be negative, but the truth sucks. I'd be very very surprised if we perform like that in a couple of days.

Yes, what should have been a favourable fixture on Monday now could be disastrous if Cook and Chair are out.
Just Back on 09:14 - Dec 30 with 3136 viewsstevec

Just Back on 08:53 - Dec 30 by LongsufferingR

Yes, what should have been a favourable fixture on Monday now could be disastrous if Cook and Chair are out.

Judged by the timing, most likely another Langley/Carlisle moment, the final nail in the coffin.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 09:22 - Dec 30 with 3084 viewsParkRoyalR

Willock, Chair injured?

Agree, noticeable a few players (Dozzell + Armstrong) had a point to prove in the 1st Half.

Dozzell was better than his abysmal showing at Millwall as did show for the out-ball from the back, got involved in 1st Half and had a decent run and cross in the 2nd Half (bit of a shock that one) but just seems to run out of energy and revert to that 'from me to you' pass back to the passer which is infuriating.

Armstrong fatigues very quickly in a game and with Dykes on a poor run of form we desperately need a loan striker as Armstrong + Kolli don't look ready to step up to whats needed at this level.
Just Back on 09:48 - Dec 30 with 2926 viewsSpaceman_P

I'm still feeling a bit peeved about the Plymouth, Sheff Wed and Millwall results.

Just feels those results have killed it for us.
Just Back on 09:54 - Dec 30 with 2879 viewsdavman

Just Back on 01:29 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Pens aside, we did not look like scoring though. Play like that against 'wall or Cardiff, we'd get two 0-0s.

We are vastly improved defensively by Marti, but we have decent defensive players. Even when we have scored recently, there has not been many tap ins and we know we can't rely on worldies.

It is not just a striker, we need someone to feed him too...
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:29]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just Back on 10:02 - Dec 30 with 2804 viewsWatford_Ranger

Willock, Chair injured?

I’m as big a critic of Dozzell’s as anyone but thought he was pretty good. Perhaps a bit more up for it being against Ipswich. Forward runs, the occasional attempt at a pass to get us forward. Wizardry. If he could play like that every week I wouldn’t be dropping him for Colback when everyone is fit.

The playing out from the back thing was a lot better than Millwall. Begovic to the midfield to the full-back and then sometimes forwards. Again, wizardry.
Just Back on 10:05 - Dec 30 with 2782 viewsBlue_Castello

Willock, Chair injured?

It was a decent game because we competed all over the pitch, your not wrong about the starting elevens, they were missing Morsy, Hirst, Broadhead and Burns from their regular eleven which made them significantly weaker, we had near enough our best eleven, bar Colback on the pitch, the striker position is anybody's at the moment.

January is probably going to decide our fate this season after wasting great opportunities against Ply muff and Wednesday, the fitness of our squad next month will be crucial and we can ill afford our best players to be sidelined, let's hope a couple of loan players are on the horizon.
Just Back on 10:09 - Dec 30 with 2746 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just Back on 10:05 - Dec 30 by Blue_Castello

It was a decent game because we competed all over the pitch, your not wrong about the starting elevens, they were missing Morsy, Hirst, Broadhead and Burns from their regular eleven which made them significantly weaker, we had near enough our best eleven, bar Colback on the pitch, the striker position is anybody's at the moment.

January is probably going to decide our fate this season after wasting great opportunities against Ply muff and Wednesday, the fitness of our squad next month will be crucial and we can ill afford our best players to be sidelined, let's hope a couple of loan players are on the horizon.

Our best XI does not include Colback in the squad. A walking liability and offers nothing better than what we already have. GA stitched us up good & proper getting him in.

The grass is always greener.

Just Back on 10:11 - Dec 30 with 2727 viewsBlue_Castello

Just Back on 10:02 - Dec 30 by Watford_Ranger

I’m as big a critic of Dozzell’s as anyone but thought he was pretty good. Perhaps a bit more up for it being against Ipswich. Forward runs, the occasional attempt at a pass to get us forward. Wizardry. If he could play like that every week I wouldn’t be dropping him for Colback when everyone is fit.

The playing out from the back thing was a lot better than Millwall. Begovic to the midfield to the full-back and then sometimes forwards. Again, wizardry.

Have to agree with your comment about Dozzell, he looked a different player last night was that because he was playing his home town club, I must admit I'm his biggest critic but if he could achieve that level every week then he's worth a place in the starting eleven.
Just Back on 10:12 - Dec 30 with 2724 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 09:54 - Dec 30 by davman

Pens aside, we did not look like scoring though. Play like that against 'wall or Cardiff, we'd get two 0-0s.

We are vastly improved defensively by Marti, but we have decent defensive players. Even when we have scored recently, there has not been many tap ins and we know we can't rely on worldies.

It is not just a striker, we need someone to feed him too...
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:29]

Usually agree but last night we hit the inside of the post, we had the huge Smyth chance when Dozzell crossed on the run, we should have had at least one penalty. That’s not bad going.
Just Back on 10:14 - Dec 30 with 2702 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just Back on 10:12 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Usually agree but last night we hit the inside of the post, we had the huge Smyth chance when Dozzell crossed on the run, we should have had at least one penalty. That’s not bad going.

And Armstrong shot twice in the first half, albeit from tight saveable angles.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just Back on 10:14 - Dec 30 with 2701 viewsbaz_qpr

Thing is Millwall and Wednesday dont play like Ipswich or Hull. We struggle really badly against physical teams battling that are a little more direct. Especially if the ref lets a lot of it go. It's the same thing that Critchley said we have a reputation for being soft and that has not changed. In addition Cook and Cannon also make a huge difference because they dont need 3 touches when we have the ball
Just Back on 11:36 - Dec 30 with 2418 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just Back on 10:12 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Amazing what can happen when you use a corner to kick the ball near the goal.
Just Back on 11:43 - Dec 30 with 2376 viewsBoston

I also enjoyed the game, so much so I had to turn off for the last five mins.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just Back on 11:49 - Dec 30 with 2338 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 10:14 - Dec 30 by baz_qpr

Thing is Millwall and Wednesday dont play like Ipswich or Hull. We struggle really badly against physical teams battling that are a little more direct. Especially if the ref lets a lot of it go. It's the same thing that Critchley said we have a reputation for being soft and that has not changed. In addition Cook and Cannon also make a huge difference because they dont need 3 touches when we have the ball

Spot on, two excellent points.
Just Back on 11:52 - Dec 30 with 2318 viewsBurnleyhoop

Just Back on 08:53 - Dec 30 by LongsufferingR

Doubt Cannon will be available either. So that’s Dunne and Kakay back in and whatever we can muster to replace Chair and Willock.

Only positive for me would be to see Kolli given a full 90 minutes. Probably not the answer, but can’t be any worse than our mainstays.
Just Back on 12:01 - Dec 30 with 2253 viewsQPROslo

Willock, Chair injured?

Colback for EDB would give us our best 11 maybe. Dozzell was good again yesterday and his quick passing is key to us playing the the quick passing possession football Marti wants. EDB ok and learning but Colback in his early season form would be an upgrade if he avoids red cards
Just Back on 12:11 - Dec 30 with 2183 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 11:52 - Dec 30 by Burnleyhoop

Doubt Cannon will be available either. So that’s Dunne and Kakay back in and whatever we can muster to replace Chair and Willock.

Only positive for me would be to see Kolli given a full 90 minutes. Probably not the answer, but can’t be any worse than our mainstays.

If we're going to have to do NYD without Chair, Willock, Cook and Cannon that's a terrifying prospect.
Just Back on 12:23 - Dec 30 with 2144 viewsSpaceman_P

One thing which is definitely apparent.

Its like they don't practice shooting or corners during training, I think other areas have been worked on. But they need to practice shooting.

Smyth should have put that effort into the back of the net and Fields has missed a bunch of chances he should have slotted and Dykes, well you guys know!!

Others also have had chances. Kakay, Dozzel and even Chair too have not been effective with their shooting.

Corners too... Paal should practice those a bit more too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024