Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not signed anyone, no one linked 12:05 - Jan 2 with 73629 viewsDubaiR

A few on this list I would take

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 08:43 - Jan 4 with 3135 viewsBlue_Castello

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 22:44 - Jan 3 by StJude82

I would definitely have Luke back and we should've kept Martin and Iron booted Uncs at the end of last season after his goal kept us up.

Agreed in case anybody is in two minds just have a look again at the state of our squad, injuries to key players are crippling us, if we can get him on a short term deal at the right money, ie not a lot, and he proves his fitness then it's got to be worth a try.
Don't forget the market in January is very tough, big transfer fees demanded for average players or similarly ridiculous amounts of money required for good quality loan players.

Interesting you mention Chris Martin this message board would have had a meltdown if we had signed him but conversely how many goals would he have had by now if we had given him a 1 year contract and had him as an option from the bench, he may be slow but he had street smarts which I had forgotten existed and knew where the proverbial onion bag was.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:20 - Jan 4 with 2925 viewsBAWHoops

Freeman is the type of player we need. Someone who can play in the middle, get on the ball and move us forward.
However nobody in here has seen him play since 2018 and he's barely featured for Sheff U, Forest, Millwall or Luton since (65 appearances in 4 years!)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:32 - Jan 4 with 2864 viewstraininvain

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:20 - Jan 4 by BAWHoops

Freeman is the type of player we need. Someone who can play in the middle, get on the ball and move us forward.
However nobody in here has seen him play since 2018 and he's barely featured for Sheff U, Forest, Millwall or Luton since (65 appearances in 4 years!)

This is the danger with nostalgia based signings. It’s an easy crowd pleaser to bring back a former fan favourite which is why the club continually make such signings and appointments.

And I’m sure we’d all have 2019 Luke Freeman back in a heartbeat but this is likely to be a very different player given his lack of minutes over the past few years.

Hopefully Marti can get a good look at him in training to assess his fitness and make a decision accordingly. The last thing we need right now is another player who can’t stay fit and play regular first team football.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:36 - Jan 4 with 2847 viewsPaddyhoops

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 20:32 - Jan 3 by Gus_iom

Out of contract and willing to sign a short term contract. Would be a useful signing til the end of the season.
Shouldn't effing need to though, there should be enough quality in the development squads and bloody Richards.
But if it came to a toss up to bringing Freeman on in midfield, or uncs....

Get a measuring tape . Take the size of his arse. If it’s bigger than when he played for his last , he can’t come.😉
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:40 - Jan 4 with 2836 viewsTheChef

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:32 - Jan 4 by traininvain

This is the danger with nostalgia based signings. It’s an easy crowd pleaser to bring back a former fan favourite which is why the club continually make such signings and appointments.

And I’m sure we’d all have 2019 Luke Freeman back in a heartbeat but this is likely to be a very different player given his lack of minutes over the past few years.

Hopefully Marti can get a good look at him in training to assess his fitness and make a decision accordingly. The last thing we need right now is another player who can’t stay fit and play regular first team football.

And that's the thing - 65 appearances in 4 years suggests his match fitness will be in the bin, and we have enough crocks already.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:48 - Jan 4 with 2796 viewsTommyQPR

He went to Millwall last season and lasted one match before becoming injured.

I really don't see the point of such a signing, he's past his best.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:50 - Jan 4 with 2785 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 08:43 - Jan 4 by Blue_Castello

Agreed in case anybody is in two minds just have a look again at the state of our squad, injuries to key players are crippling us, if we can get him on a short term deal at the right money, ie not a lot, and he proves his fitness then it's got to be worth a try.
Don't forget the market in January is very tough, big transfer fees demanded for average players or similarly ridiculous amounts of money required for good quality loan players.

Interesting you mention Chris Martin this message board would have had a meltdown if we had signed him but conversely how many goals would he have had by now if we had given him a 1 year contract and had him as an option from the bench, he may be slow but he had street smarts which I had forgotten existed and knew where the proverbial onion bag was.

2 or 3 more goals maybe? Was Chris Martin the only forward available on earth?
I think we've seen how the signing of 'experienced' players has worked out for us since the summer: 3 have been injured the majority of the time, and 1 has had a mixed season, but has at least stayed fit.
It was the right decision not to sign him, but it's obvious we need(ed) more options up top.

Bare bones.

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:58 - Jan 4 with 2708 viewsdaveB

The Freeman of 2018 would be ideal but as you say he's not that player anymore
Login to get fewer ads

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:03 - Jan 4 with 2670 viewsGloucs_R

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:58 - Jan 4 by daveB

And we are not that club anymore.....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:11 - Jan 4 with 2629 viewsjohnhoop

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:58 - Jan 4 by daveB

The Freeman of 2018 would be way beyond what we can afford now but it’s hard to believe he wouldn’t improve our appalling midfield significantly provided he’s actually fit enough to play and I guess they are assessing that at the moment.
If he is fit enough he’d immediately improve all of our corners and free-kicks and our transitions from defence to attack. He actually tackles as well, which wouldn’t go amiss.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:24 - Jan 4 with 2548 viewsGloucs_R

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:11 - Jan 4 by johnhoop

The Freeman of 2018 would be way beyond what we can afford now but it’s hard to believe he wouldn’t improve our appalling midfield significantly provided he’s actually fit enough to play and I guess they are assessing that at the moment.
If he is fit enough he’d immediately improve all of our corners and free-kicks and our transitions from defence to attack. He actually tackles as well, which wouldn’t go amiss.

And he's not Dozzell.....

😁

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:27 - Jan 4 with 2521 viewsQPunkR

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:40 - Jan 4 by TheChef

And that's the thing - 65 appearances in 4 years suggests his match fitness will be in the bin, and we have enough crocks already.

Crocks or crooks?

QPR - "shit but local"

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:29 - Jan 4 with 2515 viewsBlue_Castello

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:50 - Jan 4 by Antti_Heinola

2 or 3 more goals maybe? Was Chris Martin the only forward available on earth?
I think we've seen how the signing of 'experienced' players has worked out for us since the summer: 3 have been injured the majority of the time, and 1 has had a mixed season, but has at least stayed fit.
It was the right decision not to sign him, but it's obvious we need(ed) more options up top.

Don't disagree at all that in an ideal world we need Young fit hungry strikers, that's the criteria surely, problem being they cost loads of money whether permanent or on loan, it was a mistake to go into this season with our current strike force.

In an ideal world I would have loved us to loan Stansfield from Fulham, it would be interesting to know how much that's costing Birmingham in the loan fee and wages, they are lucky have the Bellingham money, plural, to keep FFP from the door.

Chris Martin is not the answer obviously but every week you look at our strikers / bench and think where are the goals, even if he only got 2 or 3 that could have given us the extra 5 or 6 points to make the situation look a lot less precarious. In an ideal world we need a squad of players who are in the right age bracket and not injury prone sadly we are now firefighting and need to add to the squad desperately to give us a fighting chance.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:29 - Jan 4 with 2515 viewsSydneyRs

Well I don't know how fit or otherwise Freeman is, but something about beggars and choosers springs to mind. If he's cheap it's probably worth a go on a short term deal.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:34 - Jan 4 with 2482 viewsSydneyRs

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:29 - Jan 4 by Blue_Castello

Don't disagree at all that in an ideal world we need Young fit hungry strikers, that's the criteria surely, problem being they cost loads of money whether permanent or on loan, it was a mistake to go into this season with our current strike force.

In an ideal world I would have loved us to loan Stansfield from Fulham, it would be interesting to know how much that's costing Birmingham in the loan fee and wages, they are lucky have the Bellingham money, plural, to keep FFP from the door.

Chris Martin is not the answer obviously but every week you look at our strikers / bench and think where are the goals, even if he only got 2 or 3 that could have given us the extra 5 or 6 points to make the situation look a lot less precarious. In an ideal world we need a squad of players who are in the right age bracket and not injury prone sadly we are now firefighting and need to add to the squad desperately to give us a fighting chance.

Martin for all his limitations was the difference between relegation and survival last season.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:37 - Jan 4 with 2466 viewsGloucs_R

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:34 - Jan 4 by SydneyRs

Martin for all his limitations was the difference between relegation and survival last season.

However we do have a very different style of play in comparison to last season.....

Freeman would be decent for us in League 1 next season too...

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:50 - Jan 4 with 2388 viewsDorse

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:24 - Jan 4 by Gloucs_R

And he's not Dozzell.....

😁

I'm not Dozzell either and am unfit, way past my prime and never played the game professionally. If you honestly think that, compared to Dozzell, I am a decent option then... er... actually, I think I've lost my own argument here.

I'll get my boots.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:14 - Jan 4 with 2231 viewsLblock

If this is the January transfers thread then here's my thoughts....

We'll sign nobody, no-one, nada....

The FFP BS will be rolled out and most will swallow it.
As we head rapidly to League One at the bottom of the table as we are worse equipped than Chef Weds & the Millers.
And Ruben and the boys prep for the Emergency Exit.

Couple of ways of looking at it:
OPTION A
If you've got a clapped out old banger you've run into the ground and you're looking to offload and don't really care about it then why spend a bit of time, money and energy on it? You wouldn't even bother T-cutting it.
OPTION B
Alternatively if you think it might be attractive to a few buyers on Dalston Weekly then try and keep it at the level it's at; invest a bit of time, love, money and energy into it thinking you'll get a return and increased interest. It's almost a classic runner and someone else will get enjoyment out of it.

Would be genuinely shocked if Option A isn't the current incumbents stance.

I'd also be surprised if everyone's latest Messiah in Marti sticks around.
As said elsewhere, if he's as good as we think he'll get far better run clubs than this shitshow interested in him.

Happy New Year

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:16 - Jan 4 with 2205 viewsGloucs_R

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:50 - Jan 4 by Dorse

I'm not Dozzell either and am unfit, way past my prime and never played the game professionally. If you honestly think that, compared to Dozzell, I am a decent option then... er... actually, I think I've lost my own argument here.

I'll get my boots.

Are you Colback in disguise?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:28 - Jan 4 with 2116 viewsLoyalitat

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:34 - Jan 4 by SydneyRs

If Martin were with us and had played as many games as lethal Lyndon this season, he would have scored more than 3 goals in 24 games, which is Dykes' record.

Martin managed 4 in 16 games last season, four of which were as a substitute. This season 6 in 11 league starts, 8 in 16 league games overall. I'm in no doubt that any of our current forwards would be able to replicate that in league one.

He may have a number of limitations but his predatory instincts are on a higher plain to any of the forwards currently at the club.
[Post edited 4 Jan 11:50]
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:33 - Jan 4 with 2081 viewsellersliehoop

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:48 - Jan 4 by TommyQPR

He went to Millwall last season and lasted one match before becoming injured.

I really don't see the point of such a signing, he's past his best.

He might well be past his best but he's still better than what we have currently.

Similarly Martin, in an ideal world we wouldn't touch him but we're a long way from an ideal world.

Are you telling me Martin is worse than Armstrong or Kelman? They have managed 1 goal between them all season
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:35 - Jan 4 with 2067 viewsellersliehoop

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:28 - Jan 4 by Loyalitat

If Martin were with us and had played as many games as lethal Lyndon this season, he would have scored more than 3 goals in 24 games, which is Dykes' record.

Martin managed 4 in 16 games last season, four of which were as a substitute. This season 6 in 11 league starts, 8 in 16 league games overall. I'm in no doubt that any of our current forwards would be able to replicate that in league one.

He may have a number of limitations but his predatory instincts are on a higher plain to any of the forwards currently at the club.
[Post edited 4 Jan 11:50]

Agreed

The starting X1 we had on Monday would have looked better with Freeman and Martin in it than the dross we put out
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:36 - Jan 4 with 2062 viewsBurnleyhoop

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:32 - Jan 4 by traininvain

If we would have had the opportunity to look at Richards for a month in training before committing to splurging £250k, he would have been sent packing sharpish.

Try before you buy really does have its merits. Replacing Dozzell with a fit and able Freeman could be a master stroke.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:43 - Jan 4 with 2011 viewsTK1

Pretty sure I saw him score against us for Luton last season at their place and also come on against us at LR when they hammered us.

I've no idea if he's fit or if this rumour has any truth whatsoever, but I'm going to give Marti the benefit of doubt to judge. If he's really training with us and MC reckons after that that Freeman's a better bet for ten games or so to either cover or play with Chair and Willock (and Freeman, Chair and Willock behind a CF sounds quite good to me, perhaps nostalgically) than Pedder, Albert, Kelman or whoever we have who will never play successfully at Championship level in the future either then that's good enough for me.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:50 - Jan 4 with 1943 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:33 - Jan 4 by ellersliehoop

He might well be past his best but he's still better than what we have currently.

Similarly Martin, in an ideal world we wouldn't touch him but we're a long way from an ideal world.

Are you telling me Martin is worse than Armstrong or Kelman? They have managed 1 goal between them all season

The problem with Martin was his immobility. It was pretty hilarious watching him against Bristol City in the final game. Sinclair's biggest asset is his pace and power, which we haven't really utilised. Ironically his most effective game was the Cardiff home match last season, yet this season in the same fixture, he barely featured. Still not sure what Kelman does apart from 'be the best finisher in training'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024