Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not signed anyone, no one linked 12:05 - Jan 2 with 74555 viewsDubaiR

A few on this list I would take

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 3652 viewsNorthernr

I don't get our weird fascination with re-signing former players. Particularly at this point when the team has been sht for the last decade and we've spent most of that time talking about crap they all are and how they should all be released as soon as possible.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:50 - Jan 11 with 3626 viewsTheChef

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:36 - Jan 11 by kensalriser

Maybe he was offered a pay as you play?

He he I love the mystery notion of "pay as you play"

I mean what professional footballer in their right mind would accept such a contract?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:55 - Jan 11 with 3554 viewsLongsufferingR

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:50 - Jan 11 by TheChef

He he I love the mystery notion of "pay as you play"

I mean what professional footballer in their right mind would accept such a contract?

"Professional footballer" and "right mind" do not belong in the same sentence.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:04 - Jan 11 with 3524 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:47 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I don't get our weird fascination with re-signing former players. Particularly at this point when the team has been sht for the last decade and we've spent most of that time talking about crap they all are and how they should all be released as soon as possible.

Is it too late to start a 'we should get back Clint Hill as player / manager / defensive coach' thread?
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:09 - Jan 11 with 3442 viewsNorthernr

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:04 - Jan 11 by Silverfoxqpr

Is it too late to start a 'we should get back Clint Hill as player / manager / defensive coach' thread?

I'm looking forwards to 27/28 and the "Say what you like about Taylor Richards, he had great hair. Available on a free. Surely should be able to do a job against Bromley?" threads.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:09 - Jan 11 with 3438 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:04 - Jan 11 by Silverfoxqpr

Can i just say...Angel Rangel?

He used to play for us, y'know. And he was nice.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:10 - Jan 11 with 3429 viewstraininvain

I asked recently if any other clubs have the same fascination with signing/appointing ex players. Maybe Man Utd (Solsjkaer, Jonny Evans etc) and we all know how well run they are in recent years.

So far this window/thread the main rumours have been Luke Freeman (70 appearances in 5 years) training with the club and now Chris Martin’s (the immoveable object) rumoured return. Whoever’s running the show isn’t even pretending to look competent at this point.

Throw another nostalgia bone to the idiots still paying to watch this sh1t. We all deserve better.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:40 - Jan 11 with 3101 viewsaston_hoop

Rodrigo Muniz of Fulham linked with us and Brizzle City for a loan deal. He's a striker, which is nice

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:49 - Jan 11 with 3034 viewsNorthernr

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:40 - Jan 11 by aston_hoop

Rodrigo Muniz of Fulham linked with us and Brizzle City for a loan deal. He's a striker, which is nice

A what, sorry?
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 17:00 - Jan 11 with 2969 viewsBklynRanger

Industrial action is the last thing this club needs
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 17:15 - Jan 11 with 2892 viewsSimonJames

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:09 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I'm looking forwards to 27/28 and the "Say what you like about Taylor Richards, he had great hair. Available on a free. Surely should be able to do a job against Bromley?" threads.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 17:34 - Jan 11 with 2754 viewsNed_Kennedys

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:10 - Jan 11 by traininvain

I asked recently if any other clubs have the same fascination with signing/appointing ex players. Maybe Man Utd (Solsjkaer, Jonny Evans etc) and we all know how well run they are in recent years.

So far this window/thread the main rumours have been Luke Freeman (70 appearances in 5 years) training with the club and now Chris Martin’s (the immoveable object) rumoured return. Whoever’s running the show isn’t even pretending to look competent at this point.

Throw another nostalgia bone to the idiots still paying to watch this sh1t. We all deserve better.

Try to differentiate between players that are transfer rumours on the internet and players the club have said they are interested in signing.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 17:39 - Jan 11 with 2739 viewsNed_Kennedys

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:46 - Jan 11 by BAWHoops

Surely we can do better than Chris Martin.
he was here last season, wasn't very good and was part of the squad that should've gone down.
The bloke can't move, can't press and is perhaps good for 5 minutes at the end of the game.

Would rather see Marti develop a system with Chair, Willock and Smyth up front personally

Cifuentes would have tried that if he thought it would work.
Plus what is the point in trying a new formation involving Willock when the guy is hardly ever available and is off in a few months.

Slag off Martin if you want but his goals kept us up last season and it’s looking increasingly unlikely there are any ‘better’ centre forwards incoming…..
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 2733 viewsWatford_Ranger

Social media. In years gone by you might have got a bloke at the pub saying Amos is available and could do a job and everyone would say he was crap and never available. Now some knobhead who doesn’t go to games but with a Twitter following says something and it becomes a thing.

Who cares that a year ago Chris Martin could barely move? His goals to game xG was 27% higher than Dykes’ when behind and our points per game with him and Dozzell in the team was 0.6 rather than 0.4 without. Get him in NOW.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 17:52 - Jan 11 with 2670 viewsR_from_afar

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:40 - Jan 11 by aston_hoop

A striker, you say? Does he also have a pulse?

If he does, fire up the shirt printing press and put the media team on red alert. It's really happening . We are sooo desperate for some more additional firepower, and I don't mean another - cough - "attacking midfielder".

For QPR, "attacking midfielder" usually means:
- Can't tackle
- Can't mark
- Doesn't track back
- Doesn't actually score many goals

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 18:06 - Jan 11 with 2565 viewsellersliehoop

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:09 - Jan 11 by Northernr

But that assumes Bromley haven't bypassed us on their way up the football pyramid!
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 18:14 - Jan 11 with 2502 viewsbosh67

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 17:52 - Jan 11 by R_from_afar

If he does, fire up the shirt printing press and put the media team on red alert. It's really happening . We are sooo desperate for some more additional firepower, and I don't mean another - cough - "attacking midfielder".

- Can't tackle
- Can't mark
- Doesn't track back

You missed out

Can't do set pieces

but otherwise whoever this is sounds perfect for us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 18:24 - Jan 11 with 2462 viewsbosh67

Rodrigo Muniz

11 goals in 69 games!

If we can get him by the weekend he should be scheduled to start scoring his first goal by late March.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 18:36 - Jan 11 with 2406 viewsderbyhoop

- Can't tackle
- Can't mark
- Doesn't track back

2 goals in 17 apps for Boro last year.
Sounds like our sort of guy.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 18:39 - Jan 11 with 2392 viewsdmm

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 18:24 - Jan 11 by bosh67

Rodrigo Muniz

11 goals in 69 games!

If we can get him by the weekend he should be scheduled to start scoring his first goal by late March.

As you say, his stats are pretty awful: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rodrigo-muniz/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/7355

Beggars, choosers, and all that I guess.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 18:44 - Jan 11 with 2370 viewsHoopstar

Got the song for him all sorted already at least

'Iz no good, 'iz no good, we've got Rodrigo Muniz no good
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 19:03 - Jan 11 with 2275 viewskensalriser

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:49 - Jan 11 by Northernr

A what, sorry?

A striker, you know, someone who goes on strike - like Taylor Richards.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 19:12 - Jan 11 with 2231 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

- Can't tackle
- Can't mark
- Doesn't track back

Rob Pulse
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 19:17 - Jan 11 with 2202 viewsflynnbo

Nice one, Baz but not as in a Fawlty Towers sketch-rather niche, I know.
Noticed that Chair, Willock and Colback all featured in the training pics.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 19:29 - Jan 11 with 2164 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 18:39 - Jan 11 by dmm

As you say, his stats are pretty awful: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rodrigo-muniz/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/7355

Beggars, choosers, and all that I guess.

People bemoaning that we didn’t sign Adebayo on here recently, and his record before he went to Walsall was worse than that, yet the club is coated for not signing him. Hmm. Almost as if young players, strikers especially, are a difficult breed. If he’s scored 35 in 69 do you think we’d even have a flea’s cock’s chance of getting him? I get the gallows humour, but fk me some of this sh1t gets tiresome.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024