Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not signed anyone, no one linked 12:05 - Jan 2 with 73645 viewsDubaiR

A few on this list I would take

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:54 - Jan 4 with 3730 viewsPinnerR

Martin has scored 8 for Bristol Rovers this season in League One. Just saying...
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:58 - Jan 4 with 3683 viewsSK_hoops

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:54 - Jan 4 by PinnerR

Martin has scored 8 for Bristol Rovers this season in League One. Just saying...

Double our entire strikeforce. Sad state of affairs.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 12:41 - Jan 4 with 3433 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:54 - Jan 4 by PinnerR

'league one' being the important words there.

baffling thread, as if the choices available to us were Martin or no one at all.

Bare bones.

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 12:44 - Jan 4 with 3398 viewsTommyQPR

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:33 - Jan 4 by ellersliehoop

He might well be past his best but he's still better than what we have currently.

Similarly Martin, in an ideal world we wouldn't touch him but we're a long way from an ideal world.

Are you telling me Martin is worse than Armstrong or Kelman? They have managed 1 goal between them all season

Martin has a much better fitness record than Freeman.

The squad is full of sicknotes already - I don't see the point of bringing in another player who will more than likely end up on the injury list.

A pay as you play deal would make more sense.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 12:57 - Jan 4 with 3306 viewslassel

There. Is. No. Money.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:18 - Jan 4 with 3154 viewsLoyalitat

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 12:41 - Jan 4 by Antti_Heinola

'league one' being the important words there.

baffling thread, as if the choices available to us were Martin or no one at all.

I'd wager that lethal Lyndon wouldn't have scored 8 goals in 16 games in league one. Of which, 6 goals were scored by Martin in 11 league starts.

No one has ever said that he's the panacea but I'm in no doubt that he would have scored more in the championship than Dykes' derisory 3 goals in 24 games this season.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:19 - Jan 4 with 3142 viewsNed_Kennedys

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:40 - Jan 4 by TheChef

And that's the thing - 65 appearances in 4 years suggests his match fitness will be in the bin, and we have enough crocks already.

But of course anyone we actually buy or get on loan is also not going to have been playing much either: won’t be first team regulars for current clubs otherwise they would’ve be available.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:47 - Jan 4 with 2998 viewsTheChef

Gotta love this forum - end of last season everyone was saying Martin was old and immobile and no way should we be keeping him.

Now he's the answer to all our problems

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:50 - Jan 4 with 2992 viewsNed_Kennedys

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:50 - Jan 4 by Antti_Heinola

2 or 3 more goals maybe? Was Chris Martin the only forward available on earth?
I think we've seen how the signing of 'experienced' players has worked out for us since the summer: 3 have been injured the majority of the time, and 1 has had a mixed season, but has at least stayed fit.
It was the right decision not to sign him, but it's obvious we need(ed) more options up top.

It was the right decision not to give Martin another season IF we replaced him but we did not.
Going into the season with the three we have and the subsequent lack of goals will more than likely relegate us.
If we weren’t going to replace him I’d have kept him on, would probably have enabled us to loan Armstrong out as well and developed him further.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:08 - Jan 4 with 2887 viewsR_from_afar

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 10:29 - Jan 4 by Blue_Castello

Don't disagree at all that in an ideal world we need Young fit hungry strikers, that's the criteria surely, problem being they cost loads of money whether permanent or on loan, it was a mistake to go into this season with our current strike force.

In an ideal world I would have loved us to loan Stansfield from Fulham, it would be interesting to know how much that's costing Birmingham in the loan fee and wages, they are lucky have the Bellingham money, plural, to keep FFP from the door.

Chris Martin is not the answer obviously but every week you look at our strikers / bench and think where are the goals, even if he only got 2 or 3 that could have given us the extra 5 or 6 points to make the situation look a lot less precarious. In an ideal world we need a squad of players who are in the right age bracket and not injury prone sadly we are now firefighting and need to add to the squad desperately to give us a fighting chance.

"Chris Martin is not the answer obviously but every week you look at our strikers / bench and think where are the goals".

Absolutely spot on

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:51 - Jan 4 with 2620 viewstkqpr

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 09:36 - Jan 4 by Paddyhoops

Get a measuring tape . Take the size of his arse. If it’s bigger than when he played for his last , he can’t come.😉

If Luke Freeman's Current Size of Arse (CSoA) is > 2018 Arse then cannot be signed ....

Unless CSoA is < Taylor Richards CSoA!

You could use this criteria against Taylor Richards for many things and the lesser is obviously a plus as to why he should be signed.

FTTBLBG - (Forgot to Tie Boot Laces Before Game)
MDWMK - (Mum Didn't Wash My Kit)
DLPBT - (Dont Like Picture Being Taken)

etc etc...
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:55 - Jan 4 with 2596 viewsted_hendrix

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:47 - Jan 4 by TheChef

Gotta love this forum - end of last season everyone was saying Martin was old and immobile and no way should we be keeping him.

Now he's the answer to all our problems

I don't think *everyone* was saying that tbh.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:58 - Jan 4 with 2562 viewsQPunkR

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 12:44 - Jan 4 by TommyQPR

The squad is full of sicknotes already - I don't see the point of bringing in another player who will more than likely end up on the injury list.

dingdingding!! There goes the first 'pay as you play' bell of January!

QPR - "shit but local"

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:02 - Jan 4 with 2518 viewsTheChef

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:55 - Jan 4 by ted_hendrix

OK maybe not everyone, but don't think there were many in favour!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:07 - Jan 4 with 2499 viewsCamberleyR

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 12:44 - Jan 4 by TommyQPR

The 'pay as you play' deal.

LFW's equivalent of Godwin's Law.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:09 - Jan 4 with 2483 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:55 - Jan 4 by ted_hendrix

How are you feeling Ted over the plague I hope .
Chris Martin does his best work in the box and has a natural ability to find the space and take the half chances we always snatch at and blow.
Charlie Austin had the same gift even as his legs went he could sense the chance and bury it
However both needed constant supply of quality ball and nobody is capable of doing that right now so the goal drought will continue unless we can get the perfect loan which is a longshot I fear
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:19 - Jan 4 with 2414 viewsQPRConor2000

to be honest, unless we sell someone, I dont expect any incomings this month.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:22 - Jan 4 with 2400 viewsTommyQPR

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 14:58 - Jan 4 by QPunkR

dingdingding!! There goes the first 'pay as you play' bell of January!

It's the Andy Carroll clause.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:28 - Jan 4 with 2348 viewskingsburyR

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 11:50 - Jan 4 by Wegerles_Stairs

The problem with Martin was his immobility. It was pretty hilarious watching him against Bristol City in the final game. Sinclair's biggest asset is his pace and power, which we haven't really utilised. Ironically his most effective game was the Cardiff home match last season, yet this season in the same fixture, he barely featured. Still not sure what Kelman does apart from 'be the best finisher in training'.

Armstrong AND Kelman are both pony.

I do not understand the noise made about Sinclair. He has absolutely no idea how to lead a line, is always off side, has the finishing prowess of a ice cream and thinks 15 mins of effort will see him good.

Have we tried Smyth up front yet? Getting towards the edge of the barrel but I'm all out of ideas.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:44 - Jan 4 with 2278 viewsNortholt_Rs

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:28 - Jan 4 by kingsburyR

I do not understand the noise made about Sinclair. He has absolutely no idea how to lead a line, is always off side, has the finishing prowess of a ice cream and thinks 15 mins of effort will see him good.

Have we tried Smyth up front yet? Getting towards the edge of the barrel but I'm all out of ideas.

So is Cifuentes. He looked ill in the Cardiff post match interview.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:14 - Jan 4 with 2175 viewsjohncharles

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 13:29 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

I'm seriously surprised we haven't brought in anyone from the Scandinavian leagues. I assumed they would now be out of contract.

Unless we literally have sweet FA in terms of transfer budget

I was hoping Marti would bring in a Swedish Shawn Derry and Norwegian Clint Hill

Strong and stable my arse.

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:14 - Jan 4 with 2170 viewssevenhoop

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:44 - Jan 4 by Northolt_Rs

So is Cifuentes. He looked ill in the Cardiff post match interview.

a bit gutted as I hoped against all hope and financial logic that we would be immediately after Jan 1st snapping up a striker from Scandinavia.
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:16 - Jan 4 with 2147 viewsJimthehip

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:28 - Jan 4 by kingsburyR

I think regarding Armstrong it's because he is 20 years old, lighting quick and does look good (at least in my eyes). He is nowhere near the finished article yet but he is in the rep of Ireland under 21s and is rated.

I think it depends on what you're expecting of him but I would contest the evaluation of him as pony
Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:22 - Jan 4 with 2119 viewsted_hendrix

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 15:09 - Jan 4 by CLAREMAN1995

How are you feeling Ted over the plague I hope .
Chris Martin does his best work in the box and has a natural ability to find the space and take the half chances we always snatch at and blow.
Charlie Austin had the same gift even as his legs went he could sense the chance and bury it
However both needed constant supply of quality ball and nobody is capable of doing that right now so the goal drought will continue unless we can get the perfect loan which is a longshot I fear

Thanks for asking Mate, I tested negative a couple of days ago, I'm Okay but I dont think I'm gonna make the game on Saturday, If I was a horse I'd be a pot of glue by now or in a meat pie

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Not signed anyone, no one linked on 16:24 - Jan 4 with 2100 viewsjohncharles

I’d sell Willock for whatever we can get and free up his wages. 👀shock horror but what has he done in the last 12 months ? We’re in deep shit and his wages might attract a decent striker.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024