Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO appointed 15:31 - Jan 12 with 36867 viewsNorthernr

Stick with me kids.

New CEO appointed on 16:00 - Jan 12 with 3545 viewsJevlar

Can he do a job up front?
New CEO appointed on 16:02 - Jan 12 with 3530 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone know if he can play up front?
New CEO appointed on 16:02 - Jan 12 with 3531 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He looks like an apprentice contestant.

Good luck Christian. I hope you like clown memes.
New CEO appointed on 16:05 - Jan 12 with 3481 viewsNed_Kennedys

He clearly states in his interview that there will be no signings in the January transfer window.

At least everyone knows where we are at but unless Cifuentes can somehow find a consistent winning team out of a substandard squad we’ve had it.
New CEO appointed on 16:06 - Jan 12 with 3462 viewsloftus77

Got to see this as unexpected but Good News in beginning to put a new structure in place. Genuine Good Luck to everyone concerned.

But if its true about no squad additions this month then it all but confirms (if confirmation were needed) that the next phase of our rebuild starts in League One in August.

The rest of 23/24 now almost officially becomes a long (but necessary?) extended pre-season programme for the L1 campaign to follow. The club must use it wisely.
New CEO appointed on 16:06 - Jan 12 with 3452 viewsBostonR

I guess he knows we are fecked because he has basically audited the whole mess. My guess is this is a short-term appointment, pending relegation and then finding new owners. It's obvious Ruben has chucked in the towel.
New CEO appointed on 16:06 - Jan 12 with 3449 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm clearly getting old he looks like he could be the left back in the development squad.

Talked a good game in the interview but clearly we are flucked.

My one real concern though is we lack a negotiator if we have one big data point he should be looking at, it's our inability to generate revenue from player sales and our overpaying in player acquisition. Acquiring and moving players on needs to a big priority going forward
New CEO appointed on 16:06 - Jan 12 with 3450 viewsw7r

"Our models are built in conjunction with our clients and their specific needs and objectives so that no two advisory partnerships we enter are ever the same""

Really? Find that a bit of a stretch. Find undervalued players/rough diamonds, buy low, sell high? Surely most clubs want to operate that model - Man Citeh, Chels** and a few other exceptions with more money than sense.
Login to get fewer ads

New CEO appointed on 16:06 - Jan 12 with 3442 viewsGaryBannister86

New CEO appointed on 15:48 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

Don't know if anyone's watched the interview, but he's confirming there will be NO new signings this month.
(I assume unless there's a sale).

So I hope his plans will work in league one.

Thought he hinted in the interview that perhaps the plan will change in League One. He refers to adherence to the current division's FFP rules.....so maybe the plan is indeed if / when we go down to then go mental on signings.

Would be very QPR under these owners.

I only hope that it is Marti that controls it if so.
New CEO appointed on 16:10 - Jan 12 with 3359 viewsBklynRanger

New CEO appointed on 15:59 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

Exactly. That’s how I see it. Hoos and the owners going, “well you f*cking do it then!”

Ironically that (minus the 'fcuking') is almost exactly what Chair turned to a supporter in T-block and said during the Hull game.

The message must have fully embedded itself already.
New CEO appointed on 16:11 - Jan 12 with 3324 viewsstevec

Is this him, down Shepherds Bush market?

New CEO appointed on 16:12 - Jan 12 with 3326 viewskensalriser

New CEO appointed on 15:43 - Jan 12 by Northernr

I have gently said before, I promise I'm not just sitting in my back bedroom making this stuff up

Why not? Everyone else does.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New CEO appointed on 16:16 - Jan 12 with 3245 viewsNorthernr

New CEO appointed on 16:12 - Jan 12 by kensalriser

Why not? Everyone else does.

Because I am a "self-absorbed narcissist who loves to feel as if they're the centre of a court and needs to feel important".
New CEO appointed on 16:17 - Jan 12 with 3223 viewsted_hendrix

Happiness is a warm gun.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New CEO appointed on 16:17 - Jan 12 with 3217 viewsJevlar

Wish Nourry well and want it all to work out.

I hope I'm proved wrong but a data and analytics approach feels like adopting a tactic after the horse has already bolted.

Seeing the success of Brighton and Brentford we can't be the only club doing this now, and we've had a recent history of adopting the right football model a few years after other teams have made a success of it.

Does look like a whole year with an attacking force of Dykes, Armstrong & Kelman...
New CEO appointed on 16:18 - Jan 12 with 3180 viewsTheChef

New CEO appointed on 16:17 - Jan 12 by ted_hendrix

Happiness is a warm gun.

Bang bang, shoop shoop.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New CEO appointed on 16:20 - Jan 12 with 3122 viewsBeckenhamhoop

New CEO appointed on 15:37 - Jan 12 by SimonJames

I think he's a managing partner of this mob

https://retexointelligence.com/

I read the spiel. Maybe it’s my cynical nature, maybe it’s my general level of fatigue with this club but my bullshitometer flicked straight over to the max …it went to the setting marked ‘Beale’.
New CEO appointed on 16:25 - Jan 12 with 3038 viewsE15Hoop

Sounds like Marti's future is safe, at least for the time being, with the idea being that we're essentially building around his philosophy and methodology.

Hopefully that start of us behaving like a normal football club, instead of an out-of-control basket case..
New CEO appointed on 16:29 - Jan 12 with 2933 viewsGaryBannister86

New CEO appointed on 16:25 - Jan 12 by E15Hoop

Sounds like Marti's future is safe, at least for the time being, with the idea being that we're essentially building around his philosophy and methodology.

Hopefully that start of us behaving like a normal football club, instead of an out-of-control basket case..

Yes, sounds to me his main recommendation was to get rid of Ainsworth and get hold of Cifuentes. That's not a bad first decision in my opinion.
[Post edited 12 Jan 16:29]
New CEO appointed on 16:30 - Jan 12 with 2918 viewseghamranger

He’s a businessman, he’s unlikely to be a supporter or lover of football. Just hope he can get some coins in!!
New CEO appointed on 16:31 - Jan 12 with 2896 viewsHayesender

Well at least he is "super excited"

Poll: Shamima Beghum

New CEO appointed on 16:31 - Jan 12 with 2889 viewsBrianWilson

“I want to take this opportunity to first and foremost congratulate Lee on his retirement after a rich career as a football executive" - 4 or 5 months?

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

New CEO appointed on 16:35 - Jan 12 with 2820 viewsw7r

Happy to stand corrected but I thought Marti had been on the clubs radar for some time - one year, maybe two and that we couldn't afford to stump up for him as he was under contract.

Says in the release that Retexo were instrumental in the identification and recruitment of Marti and Ben Williams. Wonder how long we've had a relationship with them for?

Good luck to Mr Nourry, if history is anything to go by he's going to need it in spades.

Found him quoted here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/17/multi-club-ownership-becomes-th
[Post edited 12 Jan 16:38]
New CEO appointed on 16:36 - Jan 12 with 2806 viewsHooping_Mad

New CEO appointed on 15:49 - Jan 12 by dmm

Having read the article I am left wondering whether or not his past experience equips him for the position of CEO, particularly at our basket case of a club.

Didn't read the article, I will admit I looked at the book cover and thought, gosh he looks young.

Looks like he visits the same barber as Boris.

I'll give him a fair crack, but I have immediate reservations about his in game experience.
[Post edited 12 Jan 16:37]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

New CEO appointed on 16:37 - Jan 12 with 2787 viewsNorthantsHoop

I just want 11 players on the pitch who can actually compete, keep listening to all this corporate management rubbish that is a cover for what we actually need players who have the ability to push this club forward rather than the current lot who are below the standard expected of a Championship club. We just seem to be going round in circles it is all very depressing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024