Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO appointed 15:31 - Jan 12 with 36874 viewsNorthernr

Stick with me kids.

New CEO appointed on 16:37 - Jan 12 with 2897 viewsngbqpr

Kinda lost him at "I am truly excited by the next-generation football project that we are building together.ā€

Not in my lifetime then - will ask the kids if they're suitably excited.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

New CEO appointed on 16:38 - Jan 12 with 2879 viewstraininvain

New CEO appointed on 16:00 - Jan 12 by RuislipR

The evidence at the moment is pointing to Nourry being just 26. Of course age should be no barrier to talent. But his first utterance in his interview was that he has been in football for 11 years.

Very interesting indeed if both things are true.

27 years old. Am I the only one reading this and hearing alarm bells?
New CEO appointed on 16:39 - Jan 12 with 2865 viewsAntti_Heinola

New CEO appointed on 16:06 - Jan 12 by BostonR

I guess he knows we are fecked because he has basically audited the whole mess. My guess is this is a short-term appointment, pending relegation and then finding new owners. It's obvious Ruben has chucked in the towel.

Is it?
I thought exactly the opposite.

Bare bones.

New CEO appointed on 16:40 - Jan 12 with 2849 viewsngbqpr

New CEO appointed on 16:38 - Jan 12 by traininvain

27 years old. Am I the only one reading this and hearing alarm bells?

Reminds me of the classic "he's the Chairman!" comic strip in AKUTRs when a very young Richard Thompson took over.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

New CEO appointed on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 2822 viewsterryb

Welcome Christian.

It's not often that I listen to interviews of football administrators, managers or players. It's even less often that I give them any credence!

However, I liked the interviews with Nourry & Hoos. Only time will time whether he will be allowed to follow his lines of best practice, or whether the directors will override him!

Combine the interviews & it appeared to me that the club have made the statements that some of our posters wanted.
New CEO appointed on 16:43 - Jan 12 with 2806 viewsR_from_afar

Well, I think having a new CEO could be the shot in the arm we need. A new person to shake us up and sort this mess out. Now, where are my pills?

Seriously, though, I really think that. I may be wrong and this appointment may just be the prelude to us being sold. Alternatively, it may be the owners saying that the existing approach clearly isn't working and a root and branch change is needed.

Some salient points from the interview:
- Nourry has been conducting a review of the club since April, on behalf of the owners
- There will henceforth be a QPR game model, with QPR football principles, to avoid style changes. Marti will be involved in that. The club, not the manager, will drive the football strategy
- Previous actions in the three year FFP window mean we can't be active in this one
- He describes us as a proper football club with fans who know what we need in times of adversity, e.g. strong support when we desperately need a win.

I like the cut of his jib but it's all about actions, not words.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

New CEO appointed on 16:46 - Jan 12 with 2750 viewsNortholt_Rs

New CEO appointed on 16:43 - Jan 12 by R_from_afar

Well, I think having a new CEO could be the shot in the arm we need. A new person to shake us up and sort this mess out. Now, where are my pills?

Seriously, though, I really think that. I may be wrong and this appointment may just be the prelude to us being sold. Alternatively, it may be the owners saying that the existing approach clearly isn't working and a root and branch change is needed.

Some salient points from the interview:
- Nourry has been conducting a review of the club since April, on behalf of the owners
- There will henceforth be a QPR game model, with QPR football principles, to avoid style changes. Marti will be involved in that. The club, not the manager, will drive the football strategy
- Previous actions in the three year FFP window mean we can't be active in this one
- He describes us as a proper football club with fans who know what we need in times of adversity, e.g. strong support when we desperately need a win.

I like the cut of his jib but it's all about actions, not words.

Andā€¦.
No money for transfers, no new signings incoming.
Current squad is strong enough.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New CEO appointed on 16:47 - Jan 12 with 2745 viewsboysfromthebush

The ageist comments on this thread are something to behold. Now I know our last experience of a young executive wasn't great (Thompson), but give the bloke a chance before you start calling him for his appearance.

His first interview is impressive and I'm firmly in the camp of ABH (Anyone But Hoos).
Login to get fewer ads

New CEO appointed on 16:49 - Jan 12 with 2717 viewsHooping_Mad

Call me cynical but have the American investors pulled a stroke here? Is his job to drive the price of the club club down prior to a buy out?

Seriously worried that they piss off Ruben and he stops sending the money.
[Post edited 12 Jan 16:50]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

New CEO appointed on 16:50 - Jan 12 with 2691 viewsjohnhoop

New CEO appointed on 16:46 - Jan 12 by Northolt_Rs

Andā€¦.
No money for transfers, no new signings incoming.
Current squad is strong enough.

Well if he actually believes the latter statement then he knows sweet f.a. about football.
New CEO appointed on 16:50 - Jan 12 with 2691 viewsE17hoop

There will henceforth be a QPR game model, with QPR football principles, to avoid style changes. Marti will be involved in that. The club, not the manager, will drive the football strategy

The integrity of the club is the eyes, mouth and feet pointing in the same direction and we have been saying this for ages.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

New CEO appointed on 16:52 - Jan 12 with 2651 viewsAntti_Heinola

New CEO appointed on 16:50 - Jan 12 by E17hoop

There will henceforth be a QPR game model, with QPR football principles, to avoid style changes. Marti will be involved in that. The club, not the manager, will drive the football strategy

The integrity of the club is the eyes, mouth and feet pointing in the same direction and we have been saying this for ages.

Indeed. He said a lot of the things Clive has been banging on about for absolutely ages.

Bare bones.

New CEO appointed on 16:53 - Jan 12 with 2647 viewsSpaceman_P

Bloke looks quite young any idea how old he is?

What do you guys think.... would you like to see WARBS back in a DOF position, bloke is a business man after all.

Do you think Warbs would even consider returning?
New CEO appointed on 16:55 - Jan 12 with 2607 viewsdaveB

New CEO appointed on 16:20 - Jan 12 by Beckenhamhoop

I read the spiel. Maybe itā€™s my cynical nature, maybe itā€™s my general level of fatigue with this club but my bullshitometer flicked straight over to the max ā€¦it went to the setting marked ā€˜Bealeā€™.

yeah I'm in the it all sounds good but lets see it in practice camp
They all sound like they know what they are doing when they first arrive
Obviously hope it works out, we desperately need it to
New CEO appointed on 16:55 - Jan 12 with 2600 viewsAntti_Heinola

New CEO appointed on 16:53 - Jan 12 by Spaceman_P

What do you guys think.... would you like to see WARBS back in a DOF position, bloke is a business man after all.

i think this bloke is de facto DoF. He talked far more about the football side than anything else.

Bare bones.

New CEO appointed on 16:56 - Jan 12 with 2582 viewsNorthernr

New CEO appointed on 16:55 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

i think this bloke is de facto DoF. He talked far more about the football side than anything else.

Yeh, he's been given the keys.
New CEO appointed on 16:58 - Jan 12 with 2550 viewsaston_hoop

New CEO appointed on 16:30 - Jan 12 by eghamranger

Heā€™s a businessman, heā€™s unlikely to be a supporter or lover of football. Just hope he can get some coins in!!

Looks like the opposite to me given his background of running football websites and football anayltics companies, he's turned his football passion into his business!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New CEO appointed on 17:00 - Jan 12 with 2508 viewshubble

New CEO appointed on 15:58 - Jan 12 by colinallcars

I was expecting it to be Slarty Bartfast.

We couldn't afjord him.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

New CEO appointed on 17:04 - Jan 12 with 2437 viewslassel

For what itā€™s worth (not a lot online obviously), Iā€™ve been saying in the ā€˜transfersā€™ thread that there was no money to make signings and that the random sponsorships were to fund the manager change as I had been told as much.

I have also been told Marti is *NOT* happy with what heā€™s inherited vs what was sold - hopefully the new team can win him over and keep him around, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he is off at the end of this season.
New CEO appointed on 17:06 - Jan 12 with 2404 viewsNorthernr

New CEO appointed on 17:04 - Jan 12 by lassel

For what itā€™s worth (not a lot online obviously), Iā€™ve been saying in the ā€˜transfersā€™ thread that there was no money to make signings and that the random sponsorships were to fund the manager change as I had been told as much.

I have also been told Marti is *NOT* happy with what heā€™s inherited vs what was sold - hopefully the new team can win him over and keep him around, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he is off at the end of this season.

I've been saying it for 12 months mate. People like transfer rumours, so they don't want to hear it.
New CEO appointed on 17:07 - Jan 12 with 2390 viewsNorthantsHoop

New CEO appointed on 16:53 - Jan 12 by Spaceman_P

Yes get Warbs back it has been a mess since he left, would probably fit into DoF role nicely, going to have to have a sensible head for League 1 as that is where we are heading quite rapidly.
New CEO appointed on 17:07 - Jan 12 with 2392 viewssparkey

New CEO appointed on 17:04 - Jan 12 by lassel

Why isn't he happy? Surely he saw the s*** he was going to inherit. It was literally proven by results and our league position.

Unless we told him he could buy players (which I doubt), if he didn't understand what he was getting himself into, that's on him.
New CEO appointed on 17:09 - Jan 12 with 2338 viewsE17hoop

New CEO appointed on 17:06 - Jan 12 by Northernr

I've been saying it for 12 months mate. People like transfer rumours, so they don't want to hear it.

Same

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

New CEO appointed on 17:12 - Jan 12 with 2286 viewsQPRConor2000

I think this is a good appointment.

Hopefully his background can be beneficial to us in the long term.
New CEO appointed on 17:14 - Jan 12 with 2240 viewsbosh67

New CEO appointed on 17:09 - Jan 12 by E17hoop

Same

Is he tall enough to play centre forward? At least he is honest enough to say that we can't afford to bring anyone in during this transfer window. It kind of feels like barring a miracle they have accepted that we are down about that we'll then be able to rebuild, with or without Marti. We are doomed but let's hope the stats save us! Good luck kiddo!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024