Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 16:32 - Jan 18 with 45686 viewsaston_hoop

Off to Brum

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dozzell on 18:52 - Jan 18 with 3158 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 18:51 - Jan 18 by Gloucs_R

Why a loan though??

OOC in the summer, effectively a little risk free try before you buy for Birmingham.

May also be a loan in name only. He's got six months left on his deal here, they may effectively just be taking that over. You'll remember we did this with another of our towering transfer successes Conor Washington and Sheff Utd.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dozzell on 18:54 - Jan 18 with 3138 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dozzell on 18:52 - Jan 18 by Northernr

OOC in the summer, effectively a little risk free try before you buy for Birmingham.

May also be a loan in name only. He's got six months left on his deal here, they may effectively just be taking that over. You'll remember we did this with another of our towering transfer successes Conor Washington and Sheff Utd.

There is of course the risk other clubs become aware of Andre’s deeply hidden talents and beat them to his signature.
Dozzell on 18:55 - Jan 18 with 3115 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 18:54 - Jan 18 by Watford_Ranger

There is of course the risk other clubs become aware of Andre’s deeply hidden talents and beat them to his signature.

I know I keep saying it, but in a world where Chuba Akpom is a £10m signing for Ajax anything is possible and we really shouldn't joke.
Dozzell on 18:57 - Jan 18 with 3092 viewseastside_r

Remind me, which manager signed him?
Dozzell on 18:58 - Jan 18 with 3082 viewsNorthernr

This was during Warburton's time but it was driven by the recruitment team as a player they liked to replace Johansen.
Dozzell on 19:02 - Jan 18 with 3019 viewsQPRConor2000

Id imagine Dozzell is on quite a hefty wage with us, and I can only assume we accepted a loan deal purely on the basis that they cover 100 percent of his wage.

If that is the case then we could have room to perhaps get one or two loans through the door.
Dozzell on 19:04 - Jan 18 with 2999 viewseastside_r

Dozzell on 18:58 - Jan 18 by Northernr

This was during Warburton's time but it was driven by the recruitment team as a player they liked to replace Johansen.

Hmm. Surely he was signed before Johansen.

I have it that this was a Warburton signing as a replacement for LTC as MW wanted another ‘midfield general’ who was expert in passing sideways and backwards and tw@tting around to no discernible effect.
Dozzell on 19:11 - Jan 18 with 2930 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 19:04 - Jan 18 by eastside_r

Hmm. Surely he was signed before Johansen.

I have it that this was a Warburton signing as a replacement for LTC as MW wanted another ‘midfield general’ who was expert in passing sideways and backwards and tw@tting around to no discernible effect.

Nope, same summer. Johansen had come in on loan in January 2021, played amazingly, showed the value of that deep lying, ball playing central midfielder who could get us moving through the thirds, contribute goals, tackle people. We made that permanent on a ridiculous deal summer 2021, but obviously he's 30+ at this point so they'd identified Dozzell as the long term answer in that position and signed him as well at the same time. As Willock was for Bright, JCS for Barbet. Problem is Bright is quick and Willock is not, Barbet is always available and Clarke-Salter is made of sand, Johansen's a footballer and Dozzell isn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 19:13 - Jan 18 with 2890 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dozzell on 17:10 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Well this is the thing, it's like the ground sponsorship is it. We assume/hope we're clearing an expensive wage and cowardly little twt from the wage bill to free up budget for a shiny new player, but perhaps we're just chucking stuff overboard to try and get below the FFP line. We'll soon find out as there's less than two weeks of window left.

Exactly this.

We won't know if this is a good move or not until:-

1) We find out if this gets us under FFP, or helps to, or
2) If we get a better replacement, if any.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozzell on 19:34 - Jan 18 with 2722 viewsBurnleyhoop

Thank Christ for that. It has been a painful experience watching him loaf around our midfield contributing next to nothing. I’ll the best to him, but this was long overdue and is hopefully the start.The surgery to the soft underbelly finally begins, with the biggest culprit the first to go.
Dozzell on 19:44 - Jan 18 with 2619 viewsPunteR

I'm seeing this as Dozzell having a very good agent and he's managed to jump ship.
Not that im fussed he's going.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dozzell on 19:48 - Jan 18 with 2585 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 19:44 - Jan 18 by PunteR

I'm seeing this as Dozzell having a very good agent and he's managed to jump ship.
Not that im fussed he's going.

Frank McParland is involved in the recruitment at Birmingham so agent is exactly the right word.
Dozzell on 19:50 - Jan 18 with 2557 viewsJuzzie

Just watch him now turn into Iniesta!
Dozzell on 19:54 - Jan 18 with 2497 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He’s a hard guy to defend, but I’m going to have a go anyway because I enjoy being a contrary bastard.

- Always available to play
- Has improved slightly since last season in my opinion. Particularly under Ainsworth.
- Failure to improve as a player despite getting lots of game time is a failure of the club and not just his.
- Rarely gives the ball away, a rare thing in recent QPR years
- Although rarer than rocking horse shit, his assists and goals have been great.
Dozzell on 19:57 - Jan 18 with 2470 viewsJuzzie

Rarely gives the ball away because he probably never has it in the first place.
Dozzell on 19:59 - Jan 18 with 2446 viewsParkRoyalR

Not wishing to be provocative but it honestly baffles me how this bloke has ghosted through 100 appearances for our club, cost us £ 2.5m odd in fees & wages for the laughable return of 2 goals & 2 assists and yet...

You'd be hard pressed to find this bloke's name on this forum let alone a thread abusing him like Dykes, Kakay, Dunne etc. Just think at times we're a very strange fan base.
Dozzell on 20:00 - Jan 18 with 2422 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I assume Mowbray was sent a deep fake video showing his pass against Cardiff and goal against Boro, replicated against a variety of teams.
[Post edited 18 Jan 20:01]
Dozzell on 20:03 - Jan 18 with 2397 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dozzell on 19:59 - Jan 18 by ParkRoyalR

Not wishing to be provocative but it honestly baffles me how this bloke has ghosted through 100 appearances for our club, cost us £ 2.5m odd in fees & wages for the laughable return of 2 goals & 2 assists and yet...

You'd be hard pressed to find this bloke's name on this forum let alone a thread abusing him like Dykes, Kakay, Dunne etc. Just think at times we're a very strange fan base.

I bet I can find at least ten threads giving Dozzell a hard time. He hasn’t got off lightly if that’s what you mean.

Not my cup of tea, and think it’s time for him to go, but based on nothing more than gut feeling I think he cares more about QPR than Willock or Richards, both allegedly better players.
[Post edited 18 Jan 20:12]
Dozzell on 20:11 - Jan 18 with 2321 viewsJevlar

Is this genuine?? Dispatching of some of this squad already whilst there’s potential income to be had is good business. He seems to have dropped down the pecking order

I always hoped he’d come good at least he looked to play it forward, on those rare occasions he was half involved. Would be very Rangers for him to start showing promise elsewhere.
Dozzell on 20:25 - Jan 18 with 2179 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 20:03 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I bet I can find at least ten threads giving Dozzell a hard time. He hasn’t got off lightly if that’s what you mean.

Not my cup of tea, and think it’s time for him to go, but based on nothing more than gut feeling I think he cares more about QPR than Willock or Richards, both allegedly better players.
[Post edited 18 Jan 20:12]

None of those people give a single beer shit about QPR.
Dozzell on 20:27 - Jan 18 with 2160 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dozzell on 20:25 - Jan 18 by Northernr

None of those people give a single beer shit about QPR.

100 games is 100 games though Clive!
Dozzell on 20:28 - Jan 18 with 2148 viewsStanisgod

Dozzell on 17:18 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Field is on nine (ten, but one was in the cup) so one more for a two game ban.

So in other words he's out for Huddersfield

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Dozzell on 20:29 - Jan 18 with 2143 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 20:27 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

100 games is 100 games though Clive!

Meaningful contributions in that time: 3.

Stop making excuses for these people mate. They're fcking arseholes. None of them are going to be "balling" when we're at fcking Stockport next season freezing our tits off.
Dozzell on 20:33 - Jan 18 with 2096 viewsCamberleyR

Dozzell on 18:17 - Jan 18 by derbyhoop

I suspect it's more of an FFP thing than a team restructure. Still a surprise.
With both Field and Colback close to 2 game bans, we could be very light.
Unless we have someone incoming
I dont think SDM is good enough.
Aoraha is currently injured. Any news on possible return?
It may explain why Pedder and Talla got a run out in the Cup.

A sidenote
Kayden Hareack, released on Tuesday is set to join Morecambe.

If Colback picks up ten bookings before the cut off he'll get two plus an extra one for the suspension he's already had for his sending off against Sunderland.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell on 20:37 - Jan 18 with 2054 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 20:33 - Jan 18 by CamberleyR

If Colback picks up ten bookings before the cut off he'll get two plus an extra one for the suspension he's already had for his sending off against Sunderland.

I thought the extra game only counts if you get another red. So if he gets ten yellows (he's two away) then that's two games, but if he gets another red that would be 4 instead of 3 because it's his second red of the season. And then if he were to get a third red that would obviously by 5.

Still, with 19 games left, not unfeasible that he's going to be missing half a dozen of those.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024