Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 16:32 - Jan 18 with 45671 viewsaston_hoop

Off to Brum

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dozzell on 00:45 - Jan 19 with 2804 viewsted_hendrix

I've seen Dozzell take two pretty good corners during his extended time with us, of course our attacking players at the time of these two pretty good corners were taking a well earned nap so nothing became of the two pretty good corners and on one occasion the ball bounced off of the goalkeepers nose which made me make a loud groaning sort of noise.

Got to keep the loonies on the path.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dozzell on 06:09 - Jan 19 with 2500 viewsPaddyhoops

Dom Balls stock as gone up mainly due to the fact that we’re 2nd bottom and have been shite for two years . He was a good squad player and while never pulling up trees was always a 100per cent guy who looked like he gave a f**k and most importantly never shirked a tackle unlike the man who’s probably off to Brum.
It’s a low bar.
Dozzell on 06:42 - Jan 19 with 2450 viewsPhildo

Dozzell on 22:10 - Jan 18 by colinallcars

Andre Dozzell - gone but not forgotten

Taylor Richards - forgotten but not gone

Dozzell -missing in action

Richards - missing in Acton
Dozzell on 06:50 - Jan 19 with 2425 viewsGus_iom

Dozzell - not as bad as people say imo, but not as good as he should have been. Holds his position well defensively, but definitely hides.
Dozzell on 07:09 - Jan 19 with 2372 viewsSK_hoops

Dozzell on 18:19 - Jan 18 by richpr

Hope they have a clause in the loan agreement that states Dozzell MUST play against us when we play them in March

Hope not. He will DEFINITELY score against us.
Dozzell on 07:26 - Jan 19 with 2313 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dozzell on 22:31 - Jan 18 by joolsyp

Can't imagine we can afford Tim back on loan but I bet he'd thrive under Marti. He had his weaknesses but hiding wasn't one of them.

I don’t understand why people want him back - he did SFA when he was here before.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Dozzell on 08:14 - Jan 19 with 2155 viewseastside_r

Dozzell on 19:11 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Nope, same summer. Johansen had come in on loan in January 2021, played amazingly, showed the value of that deep lying, ball playing central midfielder who could get us moving through the thirds, contribute goals, tackle people. We made that permanent on a ridiculous deal summer 2021, but obviously he's 30+ at this point so they'd identified Dozzell as the long term answer in that position and signed him as well at the same time. As Willock was for Bright, JCS for Barbet. Problem is Bright is quick and Willock is not, Barbet is always available and Clarke-Salter is made of sand, Johansen's a footballer and Dozzell isn't.

OK. I see that Tom Caroll left in May at the end of the 2020-21 season and Dozzell was signed June 2021, so AD definitely followed LTC. For me, they largely occupied the same space and turned out to be a similar style of player, in that they were largely ineffectual (and that’s me being polite.)

Mark Warburton still gets a lot of praise on this forum but very little criticism for inflicting LTC on us. Mark Warburton was also the manager when we signed Dozzell.

Yet at that point we had a thread of 3 pages of almost consensus that Dozzell had been rubbish for us, but again no criticism of the manager who signed him. I think that was the point I was trying to make.
Dozzell on 08:22 - Jan 19 with 2072 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm with you, brother. The rose-tinted revisionism of Warburton's managership does get on my nipples. Sure, we were promising for a year or so, but fell away so badly and so protractedly I was hardly alone in feeling his non-renewal was more or less inevitable. And, as you say, one or two of his incomings really didn't deliver once they got their contracts.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 08:23 - Jan 19 with 2101 viewsRangersw12

Dozzell on 08:14 - Jan 19 by eastside_r

OK. I see that Tom Caroll left in May at the end of the 2020-21 season and Dozzell was signed June 2021, so AD definitely followed LTC. For me, they largely occupied the same space and turned out to be a similar style of player, in that they were largely ineffectual (and that’s me being polite.)

Mark Warburton still gets a lot of praise on this forum but very little criticism for inflicting LTC on us. Mark Warburton was also the manager when we signed Dozzell.

Yet at that point we had a thread of 3 pages of almost consensus that Dozzell had been rubbish for us, but again no criticism of the manager who signed him. I think that was the point I was trying to make.

Whilst ignoring it was the recruitment team who signed him
Dozzell on 08:24 - Jan 19 with 2088 viewsAntti_Heinola

If the aim is to get a manager who never makes a bad signing, i suggest you watch a different sport.

Dozzell hasn’t worked out but the thinking behind it was pretty sound and it wasn’t an enormous fee for a player who *should* have had a lot of space for growth. That he hasn’t grown as a player must be down to him, some coaching and also the club’s constant changing of managers. But when you sign a young player, you’re looking into a crystal ball to some extent. I think there have been far worse transfers than AD. Washington, for example, was a panic buy based on him having a very rare hot streak.

LTC was a freebie and filled a hole for us for a few months. Not worth getting angry about.

Bare bones.

Dozzell on 08:25 - Jan 19 with 2084 viewsPetros

Dozzell on 21:57 - Jan 18 by Antti_Heinola

I understand the love for Dom, but the constant pining for him may be the most baffling phenomenon of recent years. Warbs was pilloried for signing him, he was a bit part player, as he has been at Ipswich and everywhere else he’s been in fact. Says much i suppose about the players we do have that he’s held in such high regard. Field was signed as an upgrade and was and is a significant upgrade. How low the bar is that simply trying his best has made him do missed.

I think he had quite a lot of game intelligence, good positioning and decision making.
Dozzell on 08:31 - Jan 19 with 2028 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Dozzell on 07:26 - Jan 19 by Northolt_Rs

I don’t understand why people want him back - he did SFA when he was here before.

Even got a fair bit of stick for his poor performance
Dozzell on 08:32 - Jan 19 with 2025 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dozzell on 06:50 - Jan 19 by Gus_iom

Dozzell - not as bad as people say imo, but not as good as he should have been. Holds his position well defensively, but definitely hides.

This is dead on what I think.
Dozzell on 08:33 - Jan 19 with 2019 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dozzell on 08:25 - Jan 19 by Petros

I think he had quite a lot of game intelligence, good positioning and decision making.

I think its a classic QPR signing.

We either bought the wrong player. We either couldn't incorporate him into the many playing styles used since we signed him or, the analytics and judgement used was not up to scratch.

Either way: it's not worked out at best, poor signing at worst and a waste of everyone's time, effort, and our money.

We can but hope the lesson where it needs to be learned the most - at bloody QPR - has been learned and we stop acquiring players that don't fit.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dozzell on 08:37 - Jan 19 with 1991 viewseastside_r

Dozzell on 08:23 - Jan 19 by Rangersw12

Not ignoring that at all. Even if that is true, are you completely exonerating the then manager?

Dozzy would not have been signed over the manager’s head without MW’s approval.
Dozzell on 08:42 - Jan 19 with 1945 viewsbaz_qpr

World class at Hide and Seek, not pulled his weight, probably a nice guy, a fair-weather player who only comes to the fore when the game is lost or won. We desperately need an 8 if it frees a wage then great if it keeps us under the FFP line then great,

The fact Marti won't put up with the hiding great. The fact that we are actively moving people on great.

You never know maybe our new cousin Grasshopper Zurich might have something to freebie loan us
Dozzell on 08:45 - Jan 19 with 1914 viewseastside_r

Dozzell on 08:24 - Jan 19 by Antti_Heinola

If the aim is to get a manager who never makes a bad signing, i suggest you watch a different sport.

Dozzell hasn’t worked out but the thinking behind it was pretty sound and it wasn’t an enormous fee for a player who *should* have had a lot of space for growth. That he hasn’t grown as a player must be down to him, some coaching and also the club’s constant changing of managers. But when you sign a young player, you’re looking into a crystal ball to some extent. I think there have been far worse transfers than AD. Washington, for example, was a panic buy based on him having a very rare hot streak.

LTC was a freebie and filled a hole for us for a few months. Not worth getting angry about.

Warburton built his side around LTC the first part of the 2020-21 season and we were rubbish and dull. This strategy almost cost MW his job.

MW got lucky when LTC got injured and we loaned in Johansen.

Not angry but I am not having this revisionism.

(And your first line is classic straw man.)
Dozzell on 08:52 - Jan 19 with 1853 viewstraininvain

Dozzell on 08:23 - Jan 19 by Rangersw12

And ignoring that Warburton had us finishing in the top half of the table.
Dozzell on 08:54 - Jan 19 with 1848 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I find it strange that someone would want him on loan, apart from his worldie who would look at his reel and think 'I'll have some of that'?

I don't dislike him, he's just anonymous too often.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dozzell on 08:55 - Jan 19 with 1840 viewsNorthernr

That's because the manager didn't sign him.
Dozzell on 08:56 - Jan 19 with 1826 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dozzell on 08:54 - Jan 19 by Metallica_Hoop

I find it strange that someone would want him on loan, apart from his worldie who would look at his reel and think 'I'll have some of that'?

I don't dislike him, he's just anonymous too often.

There’s always a manager who thinks he can get more out of a player and Mowbray suits Dozzell’s ‘style’ of play in theory. Perhaps they know each other through his dad/Ipswich.

He probably isn’t going to be first choice there but guess they take the view it improves their bench and it’s no risk to them really.
Dozzell on 09:00 - Jan 19 with 1799 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 08:56 - Jan 19 by Watford_Ranger

There’s always a manager who thinks he can get more out of a player and Mowbray suits Dozzell’s ‘style’ of play in theory. Perhaps they know each other through his dad/Ipswich.

He probably isn’t going to be first choice there but guess they take the view it improves their bench and it’s no risk to them really.

Dozzell's attached to the Stellar agency, as is Craig Gardner the DOF at Birmingham and two thirds of the players he signs for them.
Dozzell on 09:02 - Jan 19 with 1788 viewsslmrstid

Dozzell on 06:09 - Jan 19 by Paddyhoops

Dom Balls stock as gone up mainly due to the fact that we’re 2nd bottom and have been shite for two years . He was a good squad player and while never pulling up trees was always a 100per cent guy who looked like he gave a f**k and most importantly never shirked a tackle unlike the man who’s probably off to Brum.
It’s a low bar.

I think Dom Ball is also helped by the fact in the last 6 months of his time here when he could never get in the squad whilst Jeff Hendrick was wobbling around our midfield with his zimmer frame and our season was collapsing like a badly built apartment block, everyone was wondering what the hell was going on, then in his last game against Swansea away he filled in at centre back, played well, we won and everyone cried as he waved us goodbye.

Or something like that.
Dozzell on 09:04 - Jan 19 with 1764 viewstraininvain

Dozzell on 08:45 - Jan 19 by eastside_r

Warburton built his side around LTC the first part of the 2020-21 season and we were rubbish and dull. This strategy almost cost MW his job.

MW got lucky when LTC got injured and we loaned in Johansen.

Not angry but I am not having this revisionism.

(And your first line is classic straw man.)

The irony is that if Warburton had all these poor signings hoisted upon him by our recruitment team, it makes his record as our manager even more impressive.
Dozzell on 09:09 - Jan 19 with 1715 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 09:04 - Jan 19 by traininvain

The irony is that if Warburton had all these poor signings hoisted upon him by our recruitment team, it makes his record as our manager even more impressive.

Warbs made his fair share of poor ones - Gray, Odubajo, Wallace - but Dozzell was driven by the recruitment team.

This is one of the many, many, many problems we've had. The recruitment has been incoherent. You've got some players in this squad because the recruitment guys liked them, some because Chris Ramsey pushed them, some were Warbs, some Beale, some Ainsworth etc. Some, like Austin, were driven by the owners. Your recruitment should be consistent, driven from the same source, for the same style of play and reason.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024