Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair 12:55 - Jan 19 with 19783 viewsaston_hoop

What the hell is this all about? stick it on google translate

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20240119_93571823

Antwerp prosecutor demands two years in prison for star footballer Ilias Chair after fight: “Small man's skull with a large stone”
Ilias Chair, midfielder for the English club Queens Park Rangers, risks two years in prison
Ilias Chair, midfielder of the English club Queens Park Rangers, risks two years in prison — © Offside via Getty Images

ANTWERP -The Antwerp prosecutor has demanded a two-year prison sentence against football international Ilias Chair (26), midfielder for the English club Queens Park Rangers, for involvement in a serious fight in the summer of 2020. “He smashed his victim in the skull with a large stone. ”
Joris van der Aa
Today at 10:54
The facts took place in the summer of 2020, after a kayaking trip that started in the Ardennes and ended in Bazeilles, France. After a long journey, a family from East Flanders arrived at the end of the journey. There were buses ready to take the tired and hungry tourists back to the starting point of the tour.

“While waiting to board the bus, the victims were suddenly passed by a lady in a green bikini and her family. They passed the group and, as it were, demanded to be the first to get on the bus because they had just missed another bus," the prosecutor said. “This led to a discussion with other people who were waiting, including the later victims, Niels T., his sister Eline T. and Dries D. The woman in the green bikini behaved very aggressively and things quickly escalated. the hand. The woman lashed out at the victims and their children. There was hitting, scratching and biting.”

Massive brawl
The organization of the kayak trips failed to calm the mood. A massive brawl broke out, which suddenly escalated when a man grabbed a large stone. That man was later identified by the French police as Ilias Chair (26) from Edegem, midfielder of the English football club Queens Park Rangers and one of the stars of the Moroccan national football team.

“According to several people involved, Ilias Chair lashed out with the stone at Niels T., who immediately lost consciousness,” said the public prosecutor. “The consequences for Niels T. were dramatic. He suffered a serious skull fracture of two centimeters. He was admitted to Reims hospital in critical condition. He would then have to recover in a Belgian hospital for a long time. He was unable to work as a truck driver for a long time and to this day he still experiences the consequences of that blow, which almost killed him.”
[Post edited 19 Jan 12:57]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ilias Chair on 15:14 - Jan 19 with 3399 viewsTonto

So Illias and his wife had a baby on 8th September 2020. So if his wife was with him on this trip, she would have been heavily pregnant, so wouldn't have been on the kayak trip. From what I could find out, she is not named Nora H.

So was Illias on the trip alone? Or with mates? Doesn't sound like the husband of a pregnant wife jn her 3rd trimester
[Post edited 19 Jan 15:16]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Ilias Chair on 15:28 - Jan 19 with 3287 viewsWokingR

Ilias Chair on 15:14 - Jan 19 by Tonto

So Illias and his wife had a baby on 8th September 2020. So if his wife was with him on this trip, she would have been heavily pregnant, so wouldn't have been on the kayak trip. From what I could find out, she is not named Nora H.

So was Illias on the trip alone? Or with mates? Doesn't sound like the husband of a pregnant wife jn her 3rd trimester
[Post edited 19 Jan 15:16]

You need to change your username to Inspector Tonto.
Ilias Chair on 15:28 - Jan 19 with 3287 viewsNW5Hoop

Ilias Chair on 14:16 - Jan 19 by QPRSteve

I would have thought that some Brit journo working in the country would have picked it up and ran it in one of the tabloids over here. Not sure I give this much credit.

Very few British journalists in Belgium, I would have thought. We're not in the EU any longer, so all Brussels bureaux will be either smaller or non-existent. Doubt many who are there care much about second tier football players. But it will get picked up sooner or later.
Ilias Chair on 15:29 - Jan 19 with 3275 viewsBoston

Ilias Chair on 14:43 - Jan 19 by lassel

It’s a dodgy translation in fairness - the prosecutor wants 2 years jail and the victim wants 16k compensation on top of the jail term.

My rudimentary 4th form French has me reading Ilias was trying to drop a stone - probably trying to get match fit.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ilias Chair (n/t) on 15:34 - Jan 19 with 3226 viewsFDC

Ilias Chair on 14:53 - Jan 19 by Boston

Any pics of the green bikini lady?

Edit: blimey, didn't read the OP in full, thought this was a call back to donkeys ago to a previous Google translated article that randomly included bikinis
[Post edited 19 Jan 16:20]
Ilias Chair on 15:37 - Jan 19 with 3205 viewsRangersDave

Ilias Chair on 14:53 - Jan 19 by Boston

Any pics of the green bikini lady?

Is Adel free?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Ilias Chair on 15:38 - Jan 19 with 3181 viewsbellomatic

holy crap... i hope this isn't true
Ilias Chair on 15:45 - Jan 19 with 3118 viewsthehat

I bet Ilias held on to the stone for too long then cut in to get the stone in his right hand before throwing it 5 foot above the victim’s head.
Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair on 15:45 - Jan 19 with 3118 viewsPhildo

I think there was another fella closer to the lad but Illy decided to decline the pass and clonk the lad with the stone himself
Ilias Chair on 16:12 - Jan 19 with 2941 views08olesen

Anyone remember the football scandal with Big Sam when he lost the England job... and you just knew we would find a way to be involved. Lo and behold JFH gets caught up in the same scandal next day.

My point being, just when you think it cant get worse for QPR...it does. So hope this is not true for many reasons, but we all know how this works by now lol.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ilias Chair on 17:01 - Jan 19 with 2677 viewsdaveB

wasn't there a travel ban in the summer of 2020 plus we were playing most of that summer, story is absolutely mad if true though
Ilias Chair on 17:07 - Jan 19 with 2634 viewsterryb

Ilias Chair on 17:01 - Jan 19 by daveB

wasn't there a travel ban in the summer of 2020 plus we were playing most of that summer, story is absolutely mad if true though

I think he returned to Belgium early in lockdown Dave & that Manning went home to Ireland. This was possibly soon after football was suspended & planes were still flying to some countries.

The club showed a film of him back in Antwerp on 12/4/20
[Post edited 19 Jan 17:13]
Ilias Chair on 17:27 - Jan 19 with 2505 viewsandrewf

Ilias Chair on 14:30 - Jan 19 by baz_qpr

And that the French Police did not bother to take it on or arrest anyone

and that its 3/12 years later that they are requesting a charge

and that its not been picked up by any of the tabloids

Yes, and very hard to believe that the French police would merely note the name of someone accused of assault with a weapon resulting in the victim being in a critical condition in hospital. And then do nothing. I smell a rat.
Ilias Chair on 17:40 - Jan 19 with 2450 viewsaston_hoop

Ilias Chair on 14:48 - Jan 19 by Landshark

I wouldn't be surprised if this is going to happen soon. Expect it in a red top any day now.

Yeah its in the Sun already, probably others

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ilias Chair on 17:41 - Jan 19 with 2440 viewsBklynRanger

Ilias Chair on 17:01 - Jan 19 by daveB

Not sure about the earlier part of the early summer but I went to Iceland for 2 weeks in August 2020
Ilias Chair on 17:44 - Jan 19 with 2425 viewsNorthernr

Ilias Chair on 17:41 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

Not sure about the earlier part of the early summer but I went to Iceland for 2 weeks in August 2020

Did you twt anybody in the head with a rock in a row over a bus stop queue?
Ilias Chair on 17:50 - Jan 19 with 2395 viewsLazyFan

Ilias Chair on 17:44 - Jan 19 by Northernr

This is the advantage of being Lazy and not going out, like ever!

One can hide as us Keyboard Warriors know it all often do and its impossible to blame us for anything :p

zzzzzzzzzz

Ilias Chair on 17:59 - Jan 19 with 2359 viewsMedwayR

If it’s true and Ilias & family have been living over here for years without learning how to queue properly then he deserves 2years for that alone.

Poll: Who’s better?

Ilias Chair on 18:02 - Jan 19 with 2338 viewsR_from_afar

For two weeks? Your shopping list must have been enormous! How many thousand fish fingers did you buy?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ilias Chair on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 2277 viewsBklynRanger

Ilias Chair on 17:44 - Jan 19 by Northernr

That was part of the agreement yes.

It wasn't supposed to be 2 weeks but obviously the testing rules were changing all the time, so we ended up having to test twice the week before our 1 week campervan odyssey.

So worked in Reykjavik for a week - long before employers came up with policies about that sort of thing. Nice place except for the rock violence.
Ilias Chair on 18:25 - Jan 19 with 2208 viewsWokingR

Ilias Chair on 17:40 - Jan 19 by aston_hoop

Yeah its in the Sun already, probably others

Well if it’s in the Sun we will definitely get to see the girl in the green bikini
Ilias Chair on 18:43 - Jan 19 with 2102 viewsdaveB

thats a long time shopping although I spent most of that summer queuing in Sainsburys
[Post edited 19 Jan 18:44]
Ilias Chair on 19:32 - Jan 19 with 1929 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ilias Chair on 14:07 - Jan 19 by Hunterhoop

It could. But it’s quite weird bullsh*t to make up, contains lots of detail, and was put out in a foreign language. So, on balance, I’d say the “news” is genuine. Hopefully the allegations themselves are bullsh*t or hugely exaggerated by some chancers trying it on. The prosecutors don’t seem to think that though.

Yeah i mean would be sensible to hear other sides of this four year old story that police has no interest in at the time before passing judgement i reckon.

Bare bones.

Ilias Chair on 19:51 - Jan 19 with 1792 viewsHunterhoop

Ilias Chair on 19:32 - Jan 19 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah i mean would be sensible to hear other sides of this four year old story that police has no interest in at the time before passing judgement i reckon.

You’ve replied to my post once already, Antti. You forgotten?

And where am I passing judgement? I was merely saying the the news story appears to be genuine, i.e. not made up in someone’s bedroom, for the reasons stated, but that hopefully the contents of the allegations are grossly exaggerated or made up. What is wrong with that?

And why keep replying to my message? Many others have commented with far more “judgement” than me.
Ilias Chair on 19:57 - Jan 19 with 1739 viewslassel

Ilias Chair on 19:32 - Jan 19 by Antti_Heinola

As with your first post that didn’t line up with the claimed facts, again the claim is that the local French police didn’t bother to investigate beyond creating a crime number, so it was passed off to the Belgians who have been trying to get Chair to talk with them since then until recently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024