Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ossie off? 16:27 - Jan 28 with 4800 viewswortonr

Amidst all the speculation on here one thing that does look nailed on is a move for our Sierra Leone talisman. Unlike several others he does look up to Football league standard and has been a loyal squad player. Deserves a good one. Also noticed Archer back on the subs bench so presumably another loan for Walsh next week?
Ossie off? on 20:15 - Jan 28 with 4255 viewsdavman

Cannot work out why Ozzie has been ostracised - been said to death on here that he cannot be first choice, but behind Aaron Drewe? Really? Drewe did not do badly today and aside from those two glaringly poor simple balls down the line he screwed up, he did OK, BUT seeing what happened at Blackpool at close quarters last season, he's miles behind Ozzie.

Can't be attitude, can't be wages, so what the hell is it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ossie off? on 20:19 - Jan 28 with 4235 viewsHAYESBOY

I also don't get the hate for Kakay.

He is a good squad player to have as can play anywhere across the back.
He is not a problem. Gives his all when called upon.
Don't get it.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ossie off? on 20:23 - Jan 28 with 4192 viewsmart_Goblin

I think he might play him Saturday as Cannon will almost certainly be missing .
Much more experienced than Drewe.
Any better? Not sure but certainly better in the air and a bigger presence .
Ossie off? on 20:37 - Jan 28 with 4062 viewsWatford_Ranger

Do wonder if it’s something else. He’s still here but we don’t know of an injury and he’s obviously good enough for a place on the bench. For the little it’s worth he’s regularly out in Borehamwood and comes across as a nice, normal bloke in a squad full of knobs.
Ossie off? on 20:41 - Jan 28 with 4005 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ossie off? on 20:37 - Jan 28 by Watford_Ranger

Do wonder if it’s something else. He’s still here but we don’t know of an injury and he’s obviously good enough for a place on the bench. For the little it’s worth he’s regularly out in Borehamwood and comes across as a nice, normal bloke in a squad full of knobs.

It might well be something else, you're right.

As supporters, we often find out afterwards that there was an injury or, hopegully not, a personal situation that prevents a player from being available. We are not entitled to know everything about a player's life, after all.

But, on a purely football situation, Kakay offers variety on the bench in that he can cover a few positions so that alone would make him an option for the bench at least, all things going well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ossie off? on 20:55 - Jan 28 with 3887 viewsFredManRave

Ossie off? on 20:41 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

It might well be something else, you're right.

As supporters, we often find out afterwards that there was an injury or, hopegully not, a personal situation that prevents a player from being available. We are not entitled to know everything about a player's life, after all.

But, on a purely football situation, Kakay offers variety on the bench in that he can cover a few positions so that alone would make him an option for the bench at least, all things going well.

Brian, can you pm me when all things going well.

TIA.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ossie off? on 21:00 - Jan 28 with 3845 viewsHammersmithR

I’m sure he’s a nice guy but the bottom line is he’s not good enough for this level of football. Has poor positioning for a right back. Not comfortable with a ball at his feet. Always has a mistake in him. Been at fault for a few goals this season. Rarely in a defence that can keep a clean sheet. The lad just needs to move on. Will end up in League 2 / Conference I reckon.
Ossie off? on 10:17 - Jan 29 with 3157 viewsCamberleyR

Ossie off? on 21:00 - Jan 28 by HammersmithR

I’m sure he’s a nice guy but the bottom line is he’s not good enough for this level of football. Has poor positioning for a right back. Not comfortable with a ball at his feet. Always has a mistake in him. Been at fault for a few goals this season. Rarely in a defence that can keep a clean sheet. The lad just needs to move on. Will end up in League 2 / Conference I reckon.

"Rarely in a defence that can keep a clean sheet"

I agree he probably is playing at least one level above his ability but it's a bit of a sweeping generalisation that. He's started four games that ended in a clean sheet, three of which he played the full 90, and came on as sub for forty minutes combined in two others. We've had eight all season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Ossie off? on 10:20 - Jan 29 with 3129 viewsTheChef

I thought he was injured?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ossie off? on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 3092 viewsdaveB

poor sod didn't even play and he's getting stick
Ossie off? on 11:09 - Jan 29 with 2869 viewsfrancisbowles

Ossie off? on 20:15 - Jan 28 by davman

Cannot work out why Ozzie has been ostracised - been said to death on here that he cannot be first choice, but behind Aaron Drewe? Really? Drewe did not do badly today and aside from those two glaringly poor simple balls down the line he screwed up, he did OK, BUT seeing what happened at Blackpool at close quarters last season, he's miles behind Ozzie.

Can't be attitude, can't be wages, so what the hell is it?

I agree Drewe did well today. Perhaps he has moved in front of Ossie as he has responded better to Marti's coaching and tactics.
Ossie off? on 11:20 - Jan 29 with 2806 viewsHunterhoop

Kakay is significantly better than Drewe.

He is a squad player at this level, but he’s nowhere near as bad as people make out. He doesn’t hide. He is willing to try to take responsibility even if his execution isn’t great, and he works hard.

Really don’t think Kakay is the issue and would much preferred to have him come on after Cannon’s injury yesterday.
Ossie off? on 11:43 - Jan 29 with 2681 viewsMidlands_Ranger

There's no way he should be behind Drewe in the pecking order! Drewe is not gonna make it, he shouldn't even be out there, but needs must and all. If all th3 players played with the heart Ozzy shows then we would be far better off.
Ossie off? on 12:40 - Jan 29 with 2451 viewsellersliehoop

Ossie off? on 11:43 - Jan 29 by Midlands_Ranger

There's no way he should be behind Drewe in the pecking order! Drewe is not gonna make it, he shouldn't even be out there, but needs must and all. If all th3 players played with the heart Ozzy shows then we would be far better off.

Drewe never gets beyond the half way line. so he offers nothing going forward. They targetted him in the second half, all their attacks came down our right.
Ossie off? on 12:44 - Jan 29 with 2416 viewsconnell10

Met his dad a few years back in a cafe , he works on the railway , spotted my Rangers shirt and we got chatting! Smashing bloke who was very proud of his son.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ossie off? on 12:52 - Jan 29 with 2360 viewsRangersDave

like i often say....

If the answer is Kakay, or Adomah, then whats the question?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Ossie off? on 13:15 - Jan 29 with 2264 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ossie off? on 10:20 - Jan 29 by TheChef

I thought he was injured?

Seems to have disappeared: all the media has been clear saying only Kolli is injured and unavailable for selection so it’s weird that Kakay was not mentioned if also injured.
Ossie off? on 13:25 - Jan 29 with 2207 viewsDavieQPR

Loads slating him all the time and now it looks like he could be off he becomes 'a good squad player'. No, he's a not very good back up player.
Ossie off? on 13:52 - Jan 29 with 2084 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ossie off? on 11:20 - Jan 29 by Hunterhoop

He is a squad player at this level, but he’s nowhere near as bad as people make out. He doesn’t hide. He is willing to try to take responsibility even if his execution isn’t great, and he works hard.

Really don’t think Kakay is the issue and would much preferred to have him come on after Cannon’s injury yesterday.

Agreed.
Kakay can also cover centre-back so gives us more versatility.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ossie off? on 13:53 - Jan 29 with 2072 viewsA40Bosh

Ossie off? on 12:52 - Jan 29 by RangersDave

like i often say....

If the answer is Kakay, or Adomah, then whats the question?

The question is “under current financial constraints what players are we stuck with that we cannot afford to replace with guaranteed upgrades?”

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ossie off? on 14:13 - Jan 29 with 1977 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Ossie off? on 13:25 - Jan 29 by DavieQPR

Loads slating him all the time and now it looks like he could be off he becomes 'a good squad player'. No, he's a not very good back up player.

Plenty have stuck up for him while others have slated him. Amongst the ones who back him he is seen as a squad player who does the job
Ossie off? on 14:15 - Jan 29 with 1964 viewsmikeygunn

If we got rid of all the players who are ‘not good enough’ what would our squad for Blackburn look like?!
Ossie off? on 14:21 - Jan 29 with 1932 viewslondonscottish

Ossie off? on 11:20 - Jan 29 by Hunterhoop

Kakay used to terrify me but I think he's improved a lot in the last couple of seasons.

He's certainly much better cover for Cannon than Drewe.

Drewe looked quite raw to me yesterday, made quite a few unforced errors.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ossie off? on 15:05 - Jan 29 with 1773 viewsNorthernr

I suspect they were lining him up for shifting late in the window if they could but Cannon being injured will probably put an end to that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024