Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 59441 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Begovic on 21:07 - Apr 1 with 3011 viewsAndybrat

Begovic on 18:27 - Apr 1 by daveB

He was very good today apart from that cock up for the cross which had him beaten but was a good effort so wouldn't be too harsh on him
He certainly kept us in the game with his saves and handling was very good from corners

I had the misfortune of sitting with the Swansea fans that wasn’t a cock up. He was in the right position for a proper cross but the guy totally misfit it. I thought it was in.
Begovic on 22:17 - Apr 1 with 2807 viewsDorse

Fair play to him, he played exactly the game we needed today. He nailed it and that went a long way towards us getting all three points.

I haven't been a fan but today he rammed straight back down my throat. Well played, Sir. Well played indeed.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Begovic on 22:18 - Apr 1 with 2807 viewsnumptydumpty

Well done Asmir today

He kept us in it at times tbh.

On another day we concede three goals without his contributions.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Begovic on 22:30 - Apr 1 with 2746 viewsPaddyhoops

He was superb today. End of story . He hasn’t been great but he stood tall today. Two brilliant saves. Came and claimed everything. 👏👏
Begovic on 09:04 - Apr 2 with 2531 viewsfrancisbowles

His best game for a very long time. A huge improvement on Friday, when he looked very nervy and indecisive.

Well done Asmir and let's make that the standard for the last six.
Begovic on 09:40 - Apr 2 with 2437 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 22:17 - Apr 1 by Dorse

Fair play to him, he played exactly the game we needed today. He nailed it and that went a long way towards us getting all three points.

I haven't been a fan but today he rammed straight back down my throat. Well played, Sir. Well played indeed.

Had one of those in a school match nearly 20 years ago in the last minute to make it 2-2 after we’d been battered all game and I was playing the game of my life to keep us in front and it haunts me to this day.
Begovic on 09:52 - Apr 2 with 2404 viewsNorthernr

Two great saves, particularly the first one. Great command of the area second half.
Much, much better.
Begovic on 10:04 - Apr 2 with 2312 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 09:52 - Apr 2 by Northernr

Two great saves, particularly the first one. Great command of the area second half.
Much, much better.

I thought the saves were standard, involved no footwork, just decent positioning.

Didn't think the mis-hit cross was an error as he was in the right position for the cross and I don't think any keeper could have got back to palm it away.

But, like you, I thought that it was his command that was really important.

Overall, a fine game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 10:10 - Apr 2 with 2263 viewsParkRoyalR

Begovic on 09:52 - Apr 2 by Northernr

Much, much better.

Think Begovic may be benefiting from Marti getting his head properly around Championship football,

Zonal marking with the likes of Kolli, Drewe, Kakay, Dozzell and even Colback exposed his age and movement, as did playing out from the back with no out-ball,

Reckon that defensive 6 with Hadeyn + Field is as good as any in the Championship and has left Begovic less exposed in open play + at set pieces,

Hopefully can continue to put in similarly excellent performances til the end of the season.
Begovic on 11:29 - Apr 2 with 2198 viewsPaddyhoops

Begovic on 10:04 - Apr 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought the saves were standard, involved no footwork, just decent positioning.

Didn't think the mis-hit cross was an error as he was in the right position for the cross and I don't think any keeper could have got back to palm it away.

But, like you, I thought that it was his command that was really important.

Overall, a fine game.

First one was top class . Second one . Good height for him . If it goes in he’s crucified.
As I said , came for everything and got it.
Begovic on 13:11 - Apr 2 with 2065 viewsBeckenhamhoop

The extra time save against Birmingham (low hard free kick from edge of box) could be said to be a standard save but those were the ones that Dieng/Lumley/Marshall(shudder) would spill for a tap in by an onrushing forward. On balance I’ve been very happy with Begovic.
Begovic on 13:14 - Apr 2 with 2043 viewsParkRoyalR

Begovic on 13:11 - Apr 2 by Beckenhamhoop

The extra time save against Birmingham (low hard free kick from edge of box) could be said to be a standard save but those were the ones that Dieng/Lumley/Marshall(shudder) would spill for a tap in by an onrushing forward. On balance I’ve been very happy with Begovic.

Agree,

I jumped up and cheered that save like we'd scored, you'd expect your keeper to hold that but so many keepers these days push that back into incoming forwards,

Those few minutes from Begovic could be season defining as was his first big save at Swansea.
Begovic on 16:05 - Apr 2 with 1861 viewsgazza1

He has been poor a lot of the season but yesterday he was much, much better and made some decent saves and came out for crosses with authority - much more commanding. Glad the cross shot hit the post though because he wasnt going to save it

Credit to him.
Begovic on 16:31 - Apr 2 with 1816 viewsJames_Paddocks

Played well yesterday.

We still need a new goalkeeper.
Begovic on 21:39 - Apr 9 with 1531 viewsChrisNW6

Just bumping to the top for 3days of Begovic Love ❤️
Begovic on 21:42 - Apr 9 with 1478 viewsted_hendrix

Flip flapping useless chunt, cost us huge tonight bloody huge.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Begovic on 21:44 - Apr 9 with 1435 viewsaston_hoop

Its time

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Begovic on 21:45 - Apr 9 with 1411 viewslassel

Nightmare situation all round really - he is so obviously unsuited to the way Marti wants to play and keeps making important errors.

Equally I have no doubt he’d have happily walked away long ago if the club felt Walsh was ready.

Just need to get through to the end of the season now and hopefully survive.
Begovic on 21:52 - Apr 9 with 1273 viewsLanhoop

Even if Walsh isn't ready he can't be worse. Yeah, Begovic made a couple of saves tonight but there were just as many errors, just as much poor kicking and 2 points he waved goodbye at.
Begovic on 21:55 - Apr 9 with 1233 viewsQPunkR

Begovic on 21:52 - Apr 9 by Lanhoop

Even if Walsh isn't ready he can't be worse. Yeah, Begovic made a couple of saves tonight but there were just as many errors, just as much poor kicking and 2 points he waved goodbye at.

Useless Chelsea cnt

QPR - "shit but local"

Begovic on 21:55 - Apr 9 with 1218 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He was flapping marvellous tonight.
Begovic on 21:56 - Apr 9 with 1202 viewsaston_hoop

1.26. Its the same goal isn't it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Begovic on 21:58 - Apr 9 with 1166 viewsnumptydumpty

Is he bovvered???

Unlikely

Only four more games to get your pay into your bank account Asmir.

Well played "Captain"
[Post edited 9 Apr 21:59]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Begovic on 22:06 - Apr 9 with 1053 viewslassel

Begovic on 21:58 - Apr 9 by numptydumpty

Is he bovvered???

Unlikely

Only four more games to get your pay into your bank account Asmir.

Well played "Captain"
[Post edited 9 Apr 21:59]

I’m confident he actually is ‘bovvered’ - he came purely for a last chance to be a #1 and turned down PL #2/#3 offers - he’s already got more money than he can spend in several lifetimes, I’m sure he does care that he’s dropping so many clangers now.

As said before, he’s 36, undoubtedly retiring this summer and I’m in no doubt would happily walk away if the club said they wanted to go with Walsh, so while it’s incredibly frustrating to drop points once again through poor keeping, it feels a bit pointless to get too worked up over.
Begovic on 22:06 - Apr 9 with 1051 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 21:52 - Apr 9 by Lanhoop

Yeah let’s give a kid his full QPR league debut when we are deep in a relegation battle.
Laughable suggestion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024