Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 59389 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Begovic on 22:22 - Apr 9 with 2501 viewsLblock

Begovic on 22:06 - Apr 9 by lassel

I’m confident he actually is ‘bovvered’ - he came purely for a last chance to be a #1 and turned down PL #2/#3 offers - he’s already got more money than he can spend in several lifetimes, I’m sure he does care that he’s dropping so many clangers now.

As said before, he’s 36, undoubtedly retiring this summer and I’m in no doubt would happily walk away if the club said they wanted to go with Walsh, so while it’s incredibly frustrating to drop points once again through poor keeping, it feels a bit pointless to get too worked up over.

Unbelievable

He’s cost us two points that I think I would be confident would’ve guaranteed safety this evening
The “performances” of him and Dykes this season have been largely unacceptable, especially when we’ve needed them the most

I could’ve stuck my mortgage on this thread being top of the tree when I logged on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Begovic on 23:00 - Apr 9 with 2264 viewsChrisNW6

We've lost only 3 games in our last 15, I like to think Begovic has played his part in that. I agree, he is a one season stop gap and it hasn't been a total car crash. He has been at fault for too many goals now and will be moved on in the summer.

Going into next season with Murphy, Walsh or Archer is not an option either.
Begovic on 23:00 - Apr 9 with 2264 viewsHAYESBOY

Its not as though its a one off though. He has come for crosses before and completely missed them ending up with goals against us. As said, I think with how the fixtures are and out goal difference, a win tonight would of seen us safe.
Get rid in the summer.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Begovic on 23:15 - Apr 9 with 2182 viewsted_hendrix

I've watched our reserve goalkeepers practicing shot stopping before kick off, now I know you can't judge them on that alone but they weren't that good.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Begovic on 00:14 - Apr 10 with 1992 viewsNorthernr

Anybody making excuses for that can get in the sea with him. Fck me. Absolute amateur hour.
Begovic on 00:19 - Apr 10 with 1952 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Begovic on 00:14 - Apr 10 by Northernr

Anybody making excuses for that can get in the sea with him. Fck me. Absolute amateur hour.

I can tell you are angry about the error /own goal but are you happy with the point .Your preview suggested we might lose so is it 2 points dropped or 1 point gained.
Begovic on 00:49 - Apr 10 with 1856 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 00:19 - Apr 10 by CLAREMAN1995

I can tell you are angry about the error /own goal but are you happy with the point .Your preview suggested we might lose so is it 2 points dropped or 1 point gained.

I’d have taken it before the game but in reality Plymouth offered not a lot. We should have been far enough ahead for it to not have mattered but this clown has ensured it’s going to either be an unlikely result at Hull or a stressful final three games scrabbling around for points. I don’t care how old he is- Peter Shilton would have done better with that.
Begovic on 02:05 - Apr 10 with 1787 viewsJules4367

If anyone has any shares in his goalkeeping school can I suggest you contact your broker!
What exactly would he be teaching young keepers to do at corners ?
His reaction is always as if it is not HIS fault !!
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 02:06 - Apr 10 with 1789 viewswombat

Begovic on 00:49 - Apr 10 by Watford_Ranger

I’d have taken it before the game but in reality Plymouth offered not a lot. We should have been far enough ahead for it to not have mattered but this clown has ensured it’s going to either be an unlikely result at Hull or a stressful final three games scrabbling around for points. I don’t care how old he is- Peter Shilton would have done better with that.

Just got home and still angry at how badly he handled a bread NS BUTTERCROSS. nobody near him and a decent height yet he totally missed it , yes we should have been safe by then but we wasn’t due to played not taking chances when they had them gilt edge gifted to them . ,

Pluses are much more attacking second half from us after a must not concede first half , no idea why uncle came on instead f hodge though , baffling substitution again esp with Plymouth playing as high up the field as they could .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Begovic on 05:38 - Apr 10 with 1685 viewsHunterhoop

I’m not really sure why there is a long thread about him or any different views on here.

The stats tell us (goals conceded vs Expected Goals against) across the whole season he is one of the poorest in the league.

From memory he has cost us points with some weak shot stopping and corner flapping that resulted immediately in goals (Cardiff home springs to mind as well as tonight)

Visually, he looks slow and heavy. It looks like his legs have gone. He was lucky to get away with a very slow clearance charged down in the first half.

We win that game 1-0 if he doesn’t miss a corner. There was no excuse. It was simply very poor goalkeeping. Yes, he saved some shots, but, as ever, they were all rudimentary.

Whilst he’s apparently on nothing like the salary quoted by some (under £10k per week) we should still move on in the summer.
Begovic on 06:05 - Apr 10 with 1628 viewsstainrods_elbow

It was a howler, for sure, and not the first time, but he's also earned/saved us points this season with some excellent stops, and he's a lot better, like it or not, than anything else we have. At least as bad, if not worse, was Smyth's Junior school miss - all he has to do is prod it over the line, and I think we win the game.

If anyone thinks one of our main problems this season has been our ageing Prem keeper, they're frankly crackers!
[Post edited 10 Apr 6:06]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Begovic on 06:19 - Apr 10 with 1623 viewsCamberleyR

Begovic on 00:19 - Apr 10 by CLAREMAN1995

Definitely two points dropped because of that clown. Tony Roberts would have been embarrassed with that error.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Begovic on 06:29 - Apr 10 with 1608 viewshoops_legend

So begovic gets absolutely crucified for his mistake while Smyth just gets a free pass for missing an absolute sitter?

I’m sorry but smyths mistake vs Plymouth is just as bad as begovics if not worse. At least begovic made one decent save during the same whil smyth can’t score in a brothel at the moment

We do need a new keeper next season though - no doubt and that mistake confirmed it
Begovic on 06:48 - Apr 10 with 1533 viewsGaryBannister86

Begovic on 06:05 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

It was a howler, for sure, and not the first time, but he's also earned/saved us points this season with some excellent stops, and he's a lot better, like it or not, than anything else we have. At least as bad, if not worse, was Smyth's Junior school miss - all he has to do is prod it over the line, and I think we win the game.

If anyone thinks one of our main problems this season has been our ageing Prem keeper, they're frankly crackers!
[Post edited 10 Apr 6:06]

Well I must be crackers then. He's dreadful at kicking, dreadful at movement (see this free kick "save" last night), dreadful at crosses. Played well for about a cumulative 45 mins all season. Giving him a pass for routine saves is embarrassing, all keepers make them. He is a "captain" who does nothing and makes no noise, and I've stood behind him most of the year. Made no more saves than any keeper would. His reaction last night to try and blame Adomah summed it all up for me. Just hurt he can't tweet out his soccer school and gloves merch last night, now. Although it didn't stop him before.

4 games to go of the Chelsea mercenary.
Begovic on 07:25 - Apr 10 with 1388 viewsWegerles_Stairs

More apprehensive of crosses than Dracula.
Begovic on 07:30 - Apr 10 with 1369 viewshubble

Let's just call him Flapovic. We've got Flapovic in goal and Flatfoot as our main striker. Thank fk Field scored, or we'd be well and truly FFFed oFF.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Begovic on 07:30 - Apr 10 with 1368 viewsPaddyhoops

Rightly pointed out that he has cost us a few points this season.
Joe Lumley , I seem to remember cost us a lot of points in his last season .
Keeper and a striker who can get 10 goals a season top priority next season.
Begovic on 08:01 - Apr 10 with 1255 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Begovic on 08:02 - Apr 10 with 1251 viewsdavman

In the cold light of morning after his latest disaster class, I can say that I cannot wait for Asnir, the busted flush to fck right off. Yes, Smyth and Chair should have put them out of sight before that, but context people.

We were five minutes away from booking happy summer holidays knowing that we'd be preparing for another season at this level. He is a vastly experienced well renowned 'keeper and that was shockingly amateur. He NEVER catches crosses and never actually appears to leave his line from corners.

He is a massive part of our weakness from set pieces and yesterday confirmed what we have seen unfolding before our eyes in the last three months - he is passed it and needs to retire.

Yes, there have been times under Ainsworth where he keeps us in games, but he is now actively costing us and can't kick either.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Begovic on 08:07 - Apr 10 with 1231 viewskernowhoop

Over the decades, we have been blessed with many good keepers. Our current one is far from the best, but neither is he as bad as he is being depicted. Stay calm.
Begovic on 08:35 - Apr 10 with 1112 viewsChrisNW6

Begovic on 08:07 - Apr 10 by kernowhoop

Over the decades, we have been blessed with many good keepers. Our current one is far from the best, but neither is he as bad as he is being depicted. Stay calm.

Imagine the uproar if he gets another year 😂
Begovic on 08:38 - Apr 10 with 1105 viewsTheChef

Begovic on 06:29 - Apr 10 by hoops_legend

So begovic gets absolutely crucified for his mistake while Smyth just gets a free pass for missing an absolute sitter?

I’m sorry but smyths mistake vs Plymouth is just as bad as begovics if not worse. At least begovic made one decent save during the same whil smyth can’t score in a brothel at the moment

We do need a new keeper next season though - no doubt and that mistake confirmed it

Agreed - Smyth had two/three very presentable chances and didn't score. And we are where we are because of our failures in front of goal, not because of a dodgy keeper.

Begovic made a couple of important saves at Swansea but then did that last night. He is what he is. Four more games, we shake hands and wave goodbye.

Anyway I still think we'll be OK.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Begovic on 08:48 - Apr 10 with 1054 viewsDorse

Begovic on 08:38 - Apr 10 by TheChef

Agreed - Smyth had two/three very presentable chances and didn't score. And we are where we are because of our failures in front of goal, not because of a dodgy keeper.

Begovic made a couple of important saves at Swansea but then did that last night. He is what he is. Four more games, we shake hands and wave goodbye.

Anyway I still think we'll be OK.

Can you imagine his leaving-do? It'd be like Morrissey's stag night.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Begovic on 08:52 - Apr 10 with 1034 viewsgazza1

Anybody who thinks that our current first team keeper is anything by 'very poor' and has cost us a lot of points are very wrong indeed. A very poor signing by GA but somebody behind the scenes should not have agreed to the signing.
Begovic on 09:06 - Apr 10 with 957 viewsNed_Kennedys

This thread trundles on due to the ridiculous histrionics from some about our keeper.

He’s way past his best, doesn’t fit in with the new manager’s style of play, distribution is poor and he makes too many mistakes. Out of contract in a few months and literally nobody is suggesting we keep him on for next season.

However everyone seems to rate Cifuentes and he has decided to keep Begovic in the team and keep him as our captain. Begovic has also made a number of decent saves this season and been an ever present part of a much improved defence recently: overall I would say we would probably have less points and conceded more goals if Archer, Walsh, Mahoney etc had been in goal.

Awful mistake yesterday cost us a goal but we should have been two or three up by that point if our numerous attacking players had any idea how to score.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024