Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the season 09:00 - Apr 21 with 3209 viewsT_Block

Football is a team game and some years I avoid it.I always have two or three in mind and think they should do a 1.2.3…. -lowest points total winds / number of nominations.

1.Cook
2.Chair
3.Field

Team game though and we all know player of the season is Marti Cifuentes

Goal of the season: Easy ….. Jimmy Dunne v Birmingham
Player of the season on 09:11 - Apr 21 with 2062 viewsBeckenhamhoop

1. Cook. An inspiration, leader and rock in our defensive turnaround.
2. JCS. Come back season after constant injuries was Prem class.
3. Dunne. A Jekyl and Hyde season. Awful in the early part then, Phoenix like, returns playing out of position he solved our rb and corner issues. Cruyf turns…that goal.
Player of the season on 09:18 - Apr 21 with 2018 viewsHAYESBOY

1. JCS
2. Field
3. Cook

Goal of the season Jimmy Dunne.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Player of the season on 09:18 - Apr 21 with 2015 viewsPaddyhoops

Jake. Yesterday sealed it . He was superb.
Player of the season on 09:31 - Apr 21 with 1962 viewsDorse

Tough to pick this year. I am torn: do we give it for consistency across the season? In which case, for me, it has to be either Field or Cook. Or do we go with the biggest improvement / impact, which I would give to Dunne or Clarke-Salter.

From my perspective, I would argue that all of those mentioned have distinguished themselves this season, in some of the toughest circumstances we've seen since 2000/1, the difference being we are currently 10 points and 5 places higher than they finished, with 2 games left to play.

Goal of the season? Got to be Dunne, but Sincs v Leicester caused a minor meltdown in my house.

Edit - would love to include Chair (probably should tbf) but it's the defence/ midfield that have got us to this point.
[Post edited 21 Apr 10:04]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Player of the season on 09:45 - Apr 21 with 1900 viewsnumptydumpty

Player of the season

JCS and Cook - Joint Winners

Goal obviously Jimmy v Birmingham

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Player of the season on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 1838 viewsdm97

Personally had to go for Cook over JCS, just for the key goals he's scored in the run in. Nothing to separate them otherwise - and JCS dropping one of the best CB performances i can remember in the last decade makes it a tough call.

Just hoping we get to see them for one more season, JCS - if he stays fit - is probably our biggest asset now.
Player of the season on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 1784 viewsNed_Kennedys

Cook just edges JCS but both have had excellent seasons.
Field has been great as well and has adapted his game to Cifuentes’ style.
Dunne much improved but was very poor earlier in the season.
Colback great when he plays but he’s not been on the pitch enough.

Chair nowhere near the top five for me: nobody who is responsible for scoring or creating goals this season should be in the discussion.
Player of the season on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 1763 viewsNorthernr

Cook by some distance for me. His numbers - clean sheets, win ratio etc - are way ahead of JCS.

JCS was absolutely amazing yesterday though. We were toying with a rare LFW 9.
Login to get fewer ads

Player of the season on 10:33 - Apr 21 with 1736 viewsdmm

I've also chosen Cook not only for his excellent performances on the pitch but also for his influence on the whole squad. He'll be captain next season.
Player of the season on 10:37 - Apr 21 with 1714 viewsBlue_Castello

Steve Cook wins it for me for his excellent performances and his leadership qualities on the pitch, its a no brainer for Marti to make him Captain next season, JCS was MOM yesterday and would come runner up, it has to be a defender.
Player of the season on 10:38 - Apr 21 with 1702 viewsstevec

Has to be Cook, followed by JCS. Dunne deserves third and goal of the season.

When’s the voting on this or have I missed it?
Player of the season on 10:42 - Apr 21 with 1682 viewspriceyparkrangers

Has to be Cook.

Calmness personified.

Much better team with him. A lot of JCS’s form is down to having Cook next to him, you can’t underestimate that
Player of the season on 10:42 - Apr 21 with 1676 viewsLowerloftLad

Cook player of the season.

Jimmy Dunne goal of the season.

Taylor Richards hide and seek champion of the championship.
[Post edited 21 Apr 10:45]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Player of the season on 10:53 - Apr 21 with 1630 viewsChrisNW6

1. Cook
2. JCS
3. Field

Goal: Cafu
Player of the season on 11:11 - Apr 21 with 1591 viewsBostonR

Has to be Cook. His overall professionalism and approach is outstanding. Having said that JCS alongside him has been incredible, especially yesterday. I doubt he will be here next season as his form will not have gone unnoticed.
Player of the season on 11:12 - Apr 21 with 1584 viewsmart_Goblin

As I posted in the match thread yesterday I voted Cook too. Was close for me though as JCS has had a very good season and I’d getting better and better.
3rd I put Chair which I know a lot will baulk at but for the first half of the season he was the only one creating anything (Swansea home , Rotherham away for example ) and if he didn’t then no one really did .
I think the last few weeks a number of factors have lead to a dip in form . Court case, Ramadan, forward players all getting bogged down recently but I think carrying the team for last season and big parts of this, have exhausted him to be honest .
Player of the season on 11:15 - Apr 21 with 1569 viewsdaveB

1. Cook
2. JCS
3. Field

Honorable mentions to Dunne and Paal who I think have both had poor spells but overall been very good
Player of the season on 11:16 - Apr 21 with 1562 viewsThe_Beast1976

Player of the season on 11:11 - Apr 21 by BostonR

Has to be Cook. His overall professionalism and approach is outstanding. Having said that JCS alongside him has been incredible, especially yesterday. I doubt he will be here next season as his form will not have gone unnoticed.

Cook
JCS
Dunne (who has now got to be up there with the best right-backs in the Champ)

However, JCS is probably our most valuable asset right now (provided that his fitness doesn't go missing again). An class centre half. Just watch his movement off the ball. Reads the game like a dream, positions himself brilliantly, and then executes some fantastic tackles.
Player of the season on 12:34 - Apr 21 with 1437 viewsHooping_Mad

I'll freely admit I have thrown my fair share of sh1t at JCS, but he's answered his critics this year, I'd give to him for the improvement in form and fitness and possibly as it may increase his value where Cook isn't likely to leave us for actual money.

That header late on yesterday to remind the PNE lad he wasn't fecking around was a thing of beauty.

Both deserve it in my book.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Player of the season on 12:42 - Apr 21 with 1415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

JCS for consistent brilliance.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Player of the season on 13:34 - Apr 21 with 1350 viewsWadR

1. Cook - I think the two vital goals recently just nudge him ahead of JCS. Proper defender and a leader. Throws his body in front of shots and into tackles with a brave abandon that, after years of Lynch, Hall & others, is remarkable.

2. Clarke-Salter - He's so good. The way he uses his body to just ease strikers off the ball. Technically excellent but also brave and physical. He's been great all season. Barely below a 7 at any point.

3. Chair - Fewer goals and assists than you'd expect from a player of his quality. But still our most talented player, incredibly hard working and has won us games almost on his own at times. Thought he was very good, in an understated way, yesterday.

I've loved the Dunne redemption arc as much as anyone. The Birmingham goal a clear moment of the season and he's been great in the dozen games since he came in at RB but don't think he can make the podium given the first 2/3rds of the season.

Likewise Field - been excellent the last couple of months but rather ropey at times earlier in the season.
Player of the season on 13:43 - Apr 21 with 1305 viewshubble

1. Cook: outstanding season-long performance, chipping in with vital goals. Commands the defence, the rock upon which our turnaround under Cifuentes has been built.

2. Dunne: a transformation and a revelation at right back; completely out of sorts and out of favour, stepped into the unfamiliar RB role and has been superb there ever since. Plus: (vital) goal of the season!

3. JCS: Cook's solidity has allowed him to show just how good he is, Cifuentes management has given him confidence and self-belief and the new fitness team has got him running like a Rolls Royce. Possibly the best CB in the division. Wonderful to see him at his imperious best in defence.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Player of the season on 13:45 - Apr 21 with 1293 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ilias.
I vote for him every year.
(I accept it's Cook or JCS - I do think they praise for these two is a bit unfaierly weighted to Cook though. JCS has been outstanding).

Bare bones.

Player of the season on 13:48 - Apr 21 with 1265 viewsbosh67

Cook has been immense.
JCS has been excellent.
Field works so hard.
Chair for playing through real issues off field.
If the season was over the last 7-8 games Dunne would be in there. Complete revelation and proving himself to be a bit of a baller as well.
[Post edited 21 Apr 13:48]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Player of the season on 14:10 - Apr 21 with 1223 viewsParkRoyalR

Player of the season on 13:48 - Apr 21 by bosh67

Cook has been immense.
JCS has been excellent.
Field works so hard.
Chair for playing through real issues off field.
If the season was over the last 7-8 games Dunne would be in there. Complete revelation and proving himself to be a bit of a baller as well.
[Post edited 21 Apr 13:48]

Sam Field,

Has been key to defensive midfield in 2nd Half of the Season, providing defensive shield for our Centre Backs stopping direct runners in this space,

Also never went missing in 1st Half of the Season when JCS in particular but Cook also were just not stepping up for me and too often passed responsibility to others,

Over the course of the season, I'd go:

1) Field
2) Dunne (likewise never hid)
3) JCS (edges Cook for me in recent games, going through their player late in 2nd Half was just not a challenge he was making earlier in the season, knew it was a key challenge yesterday as breakaway was on, took a moment to think and then put his body on the line and went straight through their player)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024