Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock - Will He Stay? 08:51 - Apr 27 with 5540 viewsNorthantsHoop

Willock has got his mojo back, links up really with Andersen. Interesting to see if he signs up to a new deal or will he move on as we suspect?
Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:02 - Apr 27 with 2975 viewsRangersw12

All over twitter yesterday that he's signed for Sunderland
Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:03 - Apr 27 with 2963 viewsstevec

Was very good last night but I think best for both parties if he chooses to move on.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:03 - Apr 27 with 2971 views100percent

If he doesn't want to stay another season and play under this manager, he and his advisors need a serious look at themselves. He's improving all the time in this team and Marti is the man to make his stock rise further...
Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:12 - Apr 27 with 2906 viewsMalintabuk

Be interesting to see what he does. Last night it looked like he definitely was enjoying his football again... and I'm sure Marti would want to keep him... but it maybe best for both parties if he moved on...
Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:14 - Apr 27 with 2882 viewsGloucs_R

No

Poll: Are we staying up?

Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:19 - Apr 27 with 2808 viewsSK_hoops

Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:02 - Apr 27 by Rangersw12

Sideways move.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:20 - Apr 27 with 2806 viewsenfieldargh

Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:02 - Apr 27 by Rangersw12

They don’t even have a manager yet

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:26 - Apr 27 with 2759 viewsbosh67

I think part of it may be down to Chair. If Chair stays or isn't jailed overseas and with Marti he may stay. I'd like him to stay because he seems to be through the injury nightmares but he's been here 4 years and he's 26 so perhaps he wants to try his luck elsewhere.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:28 - Apr 27 with 2744 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We have to build our club around people who would be happy here and who would want to work hard.

We don't have to sign him. He's effectively on a free transfer this summer.

Knowing what we know, and knowing that there are a hundred thousand professional footballers in the world would we be happy to sign him on a free transfer?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:35 - Apr 27 with 2672 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Let him go. Against Norwich a few weeks back he was given a rollicking by MC due to his lack of work rate tracking back. Why would we want a player like that?
Willock was great when he was given a free role under Warburton, could do his skills, but not worry about the defensive side of his game. You can tell MC isn't going to indulge players like that.

It's all about the team and the club under MC now going forward. Not players that don't really want to be here.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:36 - Apr 27 with 2662 viewsChrisNW6

Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:28 - Apr 27 by BrianMcCarthy

We have to build our club around people who would be happy here and who would want to work hard.

We don't have to sign him. He's effectively on a free transfer this summer.

Knowing what we know, and knowing that there are a hundred thousand professional footballers in the world would we be happy to sign him on a free transfer?

15-18k per week, yes.

If he wants 25-30k, then no.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 09:36 - Apr 27 with 2656 viewsbakerloo8

When he's in the mood he's a class player, but as shown by the Andersen signing there are plenty of class players out there that we can find and mold.
If it suits us financially to sign him then do it, but with this manager we have plenty of options on players who would want to play 10 for us.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 10:11 - Apr 27 with 2520 viewsBklynRanger

When he's on it he's still a cut above most players at this level. The way he uses his body and how he controls the ball can create things and make space for other players. He's also been doing a decent job of tracking back, putting in blocks and nicking it, which has long been a weakness of course, but under Marti he's largely bought in.

So after being sick of the sight of him earlier in the season I'd now love to see him fit and firing in a strengthened team - there's room for another chapter if financial demands are reasonable and the motivation is there. If not then it's still an easy choice and we move on.

But to answer the question I suspect we won't be able to meet the finances - might be just possible on wages but not on the (re-)signing on fee, and he'll leave.

[Post edited 27 Apr 10:15]
Willock - Will He Stay? on 10:34 - Apr 27 with 2418 viewsHAYESBOY

I would love him to stay. Marti would get the best out of him. He has been great in the second half of the season. I suspect though the decision has been made many months ago.

Hope I'm wrong and he can maybe see that Marti could build a team next year to compete at the top half of the table.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Willock - Will He Stay? on 10:35 - Apr 27 with 2412 viewsBlackCrowe

I suspect he'll go but he and Marti seem to have some kind of bromance going on so you never know...

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Willock - Will He Stay? on 10:52 - Apr 27 with 2336 viewsOakR

I would love him to stay and suspect Marti and the rest of the team would as well. He's back on it, with a manager who rests him when needed and has got him playing well again.

I suspect he will go, more money elsewhere and a new challenge, perceived better chance of being promoted.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Willock - Will He Stay? on 11:07 - Apr 27 with 2243 viewsconnell10

Let him go , i still dont think he really wants to be and the amount of times he grabs the back of his leg after a long run is a red flag for me!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Willock - Will He Stay? on 11:14 - Apr 27 with 2209 views1JD

Think some underestimate the impact of his injury problems on his game - he clearly couldn’t sprint or plant his feet earlier in the campaign. Maybe psychological, but whatever the case, he’s come through it.

Still our best talent for me. Not surprised if he’s talking with interested parties e.g. Sunderland, as his agent will only naturally be flogging him about for maximum $. But still hold out some hope he may resign. Would love for him to stay.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 11:45 - Apr 27 with 2093 viewsDorse

Love to think he'd sign up, stay a year, move for big(ish) money etc but that's just noodle-doodle. The game (sadly) doesn't work like that. He'll get a good offer from somewhere and he'll take it: the sad reality is that QPR can't offer what other clubs can.

We'd all take the Rs offer regardless, because we'd sell our grannies' teeth for the opportunity, but he's a professional athlete weighing up contract offers, not a fan. The one bargaining chip we have is Marti. If he looks at the results, form, team spirit, upward trajectory, development etc that Marti brought to a dead dog of a squad, he might just think 'Hmm... sign up for four, play one, get the big move from a top half / top 6 club rather than as the best player in a shitshow..? I could do worse...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Willock - Will He Stay? on 12:31 - Apr 27 with 1936 viewsDavieQPR

He has got bad advisors. Can see him becoming another Freeman. The grass isn't always greener.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 12:49 - Apr 27 with 1850 viewsmart_Goblin

My heart says stay but my head is saying it’s time to freshen things up now and I’m not sure he is consistent enough. Never had any problem as some have with his attitude . I remember people screaming that Eze was lazy and uninterested at times.
Willocks injuries have destroyed him.
I wouldn’t be distraught if he stayed. But I think maybe both parties need a fresh start .
Could be wrong
Willock - Will He Stay? on 13:03 - Apr 27 with 1773 viewspriceyparkrangers

Time to say goodbye - best for all parties that he moves on. He’s shown his true colours. Let’s learn our lessons and not just chuck money at people because they’ve upped their game 2
Months before their contract is finished.
Willock - Will He Stay? on 13:21 - Apr 27 with 1703 viewscolinallcars

Willock - Will He Stay? on 13:03 - Apr 27 by priceyparkrangers

Time to say goodbye - best for all parties that he moves on. He’s shown his true colours. Let’s learn our lessons and not just chuck money at people because they’ve upped their game 2

Time to say goodbye I'm afraid..
Willock - Will He Stay? on 13:23 - Apr 27 with 1696 viewsE17hoop

Willock - Will He Stay? on 12:31 - Apr 27 by DavieQPR

He has got bad advisors. Can see him becoming another Freeman. The grass isn't always greener.

This.

The fact he can see his brother getting PL wages for not being that much better must turn his head.

100% is spot on but if money is more important than football, go and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Willock - Will He Stay? on 13:27 - Apr 27 with 1672 viewsNed_Kennedys

Willock - Will He Stay? on 13:03 - Apr 27 by priceyparkrangers

I agree. He’s clearly not interested in staying and overall he’s been poor for the last few seasons: partly due to his injury record but also due to a lack of application and poor attitude I think.
Was excellent last night though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024