Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair 09:32 - Apr 27 with 4747 viewsEsox_Lucius

Is the court case impacting QPR fans opinion of him? Last night he was head and shoulders our best player, an opinion shared by the the Lids posters in their match thread and a lot of neutrals on the FB Championship page, yet there are several posters on here who can only see negatives in him whenever he plays.
There were times yesterday when he was linking up with Willock and Paal that he was unplayable yet time after time I all I see on here is "he should have looked up and passed,
" "Wasted a good opportunity" completely overlooking the amount of effort it takes to keep the tempo up for over 90 minutes. His onfield captaincy also seems to be overlooked too, not the shouting words of encouragement captaincy but the explaining runs, positions and transitions to the players around him. He even bawled out Dunne for not picking up Firpo in the first half as he could see that Firpo was making those runs that were assisting Summerville and Piroe in getting into good attacking positions (albeit they came to nothing).
Maybe it's a QPR thing that fans only like defenders and attacking players are to be suffered rather than enjoyed. Go on the LUFC MOT match thread and see what they think of Chair, it was the same with the PNE fans after the last game.

The grass is always greener.

Ilias Chair on 09:38 - Apr 27 with 3412 viewsBrianMcCarthy

One goal, two assists, all-round fine game.

My MOTM, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ilias Chair on 09:47 - Apr 27 with 3335 viewsNed_Kennedys

He was brilliant last night but your over the top fanboying of him is a bit odd.
ALL of the players were magnificent last night and it was great to see a fantastic attacking performance instead of just relying on our superb defence.
Ilias Chair on 09:49 - Apr 27 with 3319 viewsSuperhoops2808

It was only a few games ago that people were suggesting he gets dropped.

Often he tries to do too much but when it pays off it is special. I was disappointed as he got Sky MOM last night but didnt accept the award for whatever reason.

I dont care about the money on this, we need to keep him, Willock and Paal because they can be lethal when they link up well such as last night. Marti thinks very highly of the 3 of them for sure.

Massive loss if Chair goes
Ilias Chair on 09:51 - Apr 27 with 3290 viewsstevec

Every opposition supporter you ever get into a discussion with, the first QPR player they mention is Chair.

Even Premier supporters, whilst asking have you got any good players these days, answer their own question with, oh you have got Chair but who else?

He has been consistently our best forward minded player for about four years now.

Just for me there’s always that one lingering doubt, does he bring the best out of the forwards in front of him or does he stifle their game.

He’s a very good player, no doubt about that. But I’m in two minds that if we ever found another Clive Allen, would I want Chair playing into him.
Ilias Chair on 09:54 - Apr 27 with 3287 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ilias Chair on 09:38 - Apr 27 by BrianMcCarthy

One goal, two assists, all-round fine game.

My MOTM, too.

It was nice to briefly chat with you on the drive home last night Bri, it's been a long time.

Ilias Chair on 09:55 - Apr 27 with 3255 viewsMrSheen

He’s taken for granted because of his consistently high work rate and willingness to get on the ball. Sitting in the SBS I could see Smyth’s frustration at having so few opportunities to attack unguarded space, but if you’re Field or Paal or Clarke-Salter and you’ve got the ball in a crowded area and Illy wants it, of course you will give it to him. Because he has the ball so often he’s going to lose it a lot, but we will miss him.

There’s also been a realisation in the league of what he can do and that if you stop him you stop us. Everyone except Leeds apparently, “we don’t watch video of them, they watch video of us.”
Ilias Chair on 09:56 - Apr 27 with 3247 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ilias Chair on 09:47 - Apr 27 by Ned_Kennedys

He was brilliant last night but your over the top fanboying of him is a bit odd.
ALL of the players were magnificent last night and it was great to see a fantastic attacking performance instead of just relying on our superb defence.

Fanboying? or just trying to get him the respect and praise he deserves. I see his faults as much as anyone but they are far outweighed by his overall contribution to every game he plays in.

Ilias Chair on 10:00 - Apr 27 with 3197 viewsconnell10

He was awesome last night .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair on 10:11 - Apr 27 with 3148 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

By some way our best player. Don't understand anyone who wants him sold.
The harm would outweigh any benefit.

Best to judge an attacking player by what they can do rather than what they don't or can't. Often Chair carries this team in the same way Freeman and Cook used to.
[Post edited 27 Apr 10:14]
Ilias Chair on 10:56 - Apr 27 with 3007 viewsbosh67

Something like 210 games for us since 2017. He is Mr QPR. Obviously the first name on Marti's team sheet. Another year left on his contract to the end of 2025. No idea if there is an extension option. Assuming he doesn't get locked up then I think we should try and extend his contract. He may get us £6m+ for a sale but realistically if we are building a team in Marti's image I would imagine that one of the few front players to stay will be Chair.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ilias Chair on 11:08 - Apr 27 with 2934 viewsslmrstid

He was brilliant last night, but he has suffered this past 12-18 months from having players not on his wavelength around him. I remember last summer when he was linked with Leicester and I think he'd thrive in a team like that playing with better players. And last night he had Andersen and Willock playing really well with him and it helped bring out the best in him.

At the end of the day he shouldn't be immune from the same criticism of everyone else for how bad a two seasons it has been - but last night he was fantastic and deserves credit for it.

He definitely never hides, he definitely always tries to make something happen, but he hasn't been consistently great this season. If we have a stronger squad next year, and he isn't in prison, we will hopefully see him hit new heights.
Ilias Chair on 11:11 - Apr 27 with 2907 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s not impacted mine. He’s been a rock- pun intended- of this team through bad times and worse times. Always puts the effort in, maybe even tried too hard when there was so much dross around him, never hides, rarely if ever not available. Were it not for the legal stuff I’m sure he’d have gone for decent money last year. Not many better ‘10s’ in this league and none who work harder.
Ilias Chair on 11:14 - Apr 27 with 2881 viewsnumptydumpty

The court case is a total mystery.

Happened four years ago in different country to where he was being prosecuted. Did not even attend the court hearing, possibly will avoid prison even if court decision not overturned ie Belgians jails too full. And possibly not the person that hit the injured man. Ie conflicting witness accounts etc.

Really we should throw the book at him if he is guilty. But the football business is another matter.

Our best asset and our most creative player. Makes the team tick.

If he is jailed, highly likely we will lose him next season.

To be fair, if it was an opposition player, we would not be too happy coming up against him as we would have assumed the player should be banned.

Compared to Mason Greenwood - I not know the final outcome of the case here, but was he never found guilty of any charges and he was vilified by all and lost his career whilst investigations were happening.

Ilias was found guilty.

But I am same as everyone else which is probably poor on my part - I want him here next season, as we keep Ilias then we keep Willock also and with Andersen in there also, could be an interesting season coming up.

Very bad on my part if he is a convicted felon with aggravated assault but my morals seem to go out the window when it comes to QPR...

As the new saying goes these days

MY BAD !!!
[Post edited 27 Apr 11:16]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ilias Chair on 11:18 - Apr 27 with 2850 viewsT_Block

Yep after cook our most influential player
Ilias Chair on 22:41 - Apr 28 with 2361 viewshoops_legend

Ilias Chair on 11:18 - Apr 27 by T_Block

Yep after cook our most influential player

Just remember - even Taarabt was criticised a lot by a section of our fans
Ilias Chair on 22:49 - Apr 28 with 2306 viewskensalriser

Our most important player for the last two seasons at least.

I thought we were really going to get motoring when I saw Chair, Willock and Andersen on the same pitch, shame it had to wait until Friday!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ilias Chair on 08:15 - Apr 29 with 2083 viewsdmm

Ilias Chair on 10:56 - Apr 27 by bosh67

Something like 210 games for us since 2017. He is Mr QPR. Obviously the first name on Marti's team sheet. Another year left on his contract to the end of 2025. No idea if there is an extension option. Assuming he doesn't get locked up then I think we should try and extend his contract. He may get us £6m+ for a sale but realistically if we are building a team in Marti's image I would imagine that one of the few front players to stay will be Chair.

Chair's contract is to 2025 but the club has a further year's option to 2026.

There would appear to be several factors involved in determining whether Chair stays or goes. The court case, the value of any bids we receive, whether Eze is sold or not, who could replace him and what Cifuentes wants.

I just hope the club has a very clear plan in place.
Ilias Chair on 09:16 - Apr 29 with 1933 viewsdaveB

Had a difficult season but at times been very good, double figures for assists which is his best return so far and 6 goals.

Loads he can improve on but we're a much better side when he's on form
Ilias Chair on 09:35 - Apr 29 with 1844 viewsngbqpr

I voted Cook for PotY with JCS a close second, as I think that partnership, which Marti relied on to stop us leaking goals, was pivotal to the gradual turnaround and eventual survival.

But for me Chair is by far and away our best / most important player. As many have said on here, we'll realise that even more if / when he goes. Fans of every other club clearly see him as our main man.

Re his stats - remember that for the last 2.5 seasons, he's achieved these in a crap team.

I suspect we're all conflicted about Rockgate (the severity of the accusation vs innocent until proven guilty) - but no point speculating on that, let justice take its course I guess.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ilias Chair on 10:58 - Apr 29 with 1620 viewsdaveB

Few stats on Chair

Appearance wise he's made 235 apps for QPR putting him joint 50th with Mark Lazarus in most apps foe the club, he'll move past Lazarus if he features next week. If he stays next season and plays the same number of games he'll be comfortably into the top 30

He now has 44 Assists for QPR, only Lee Cook (52) and Kevin Gallen (56) have more since 1988 (yes I have been sad enough to go through the end of season videos and count them up for my website, with a little/lot of help from Clive's match reports)
For reference Taarabt had 41, Freeman 38, Andy Sinton & Trevor Sinclair both 34

He's got the most assists in a season 3 times, 10 this year, 9 last season and 8 in 2020/21

He now has 34 goals for QPR, 33 in the Championship and in the second tier of English football only 7 players have scored more than that. Dykes (34), Gallen (35), Leach (36), Austin (42), Addinall (49), Clive Allen (52) and Marsh (64)

I've also gone back from Loft for words archives and counted up Man of the Match awards since the site started in 2005/06. Chair has the most MOTM awards with 27, Adel just below with 25 then Faurlin and Rowlands with 19
Ilias Chair on 11:12 - Apr 29 with 1568 viewsted_hendrix

He'd be cruelly missed If he's sold, there's not another one out there.

Lets just say he didn't play in our last say Ten games, we'd be In a dire league position now.

He Is a superb player and the thought of him and Martí Cifuentes having a whole season together, well what more do you want?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ilias Chair on 11:18 - Apr 29 with 1518 viewsQPunkR

He's quite comfortably been our most important player for a couple of years now. Although I voted Cook for POTY it was disappointing not to hear Ilias' name being mentioned among the contenders. He's really carried this team at times - more often than not in fact

QPR - "shit but local"

Ilias Chair on 14:15 - Apr 29 with 1308 viewsW7Ranger

Ilias Chair on 10:58 - Apr 29 by daveB

Few stats on Chair

Appearance wise he's made 235 apps for QPR putting him joint 50th with Mark Lazarus in most apps foe the club, he'll move past Lazarus if he features next week. If he stays next season and plays the same number of games he'll be comfortably into the top 30

He now has 44 Assists for QPR, only Lee Cook (52) and Kevin Gallen (56) have more since 1988 (yes I have been sad enough to go through the end of season videos and count them up for my website, with a little/lot of help from Clive's match reports)
For reference Taarabt had 41, Freeman 38, Andy Sinton & Trevor Sinclair both 34

He's got the most assists in a season 3 times, 10 this year, 9 last season and 8 in 2020/21

He now has 34 goals for QPR, 33 in the Championship and in the second tier of English football only 7 players have scored more than that. Dykes (34), Gallen (35), Leach (36), Austin (42), Addinall (49), Clive Allen (52) and Marsh (64)

I've also gone back from Loft for words archives and counted up Man of the Match awards since the site started in 2005/06. Chair has the most MOTM awards with 27, Adel just below with 25 then Faurlin and Rowlands with 19

Brilliant stats Dave!!

Comfortably my favourite R's player for the last few years. Probably one of the hardest working players I've seen down the R's. Unbelievable fitness levels.

I will absolutely gutted if he goes down or when he eventually leaves the club.

I'm really hoping the Marti factor has made some of our players (Willock!) reconsider leaving the club this summer. I'm hoping they can all see what we could potentially do next season with a full pre-season under Marti.
Ilias Chair on 14:41 - Apr 29 with 1223 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Ilias Chair on 09:16 - Apr 29 by daveB

Had a difficult season but at times been very good, double figures for assists which is his best return so far and 6 goals.

Loads he can improve on but we're a much better side when he's on form

Think he is not only our best player but arguably the most consistent.

Of course how effective any player is depends a great deal on the opposition and Chair is often targeted by them as they know he is the main danger.
Ilias Chair on 14:45 - Apr 29 with 1194 viewsNorthernr

Ilias Chair on 14:41 - Apr 29 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Think he is not only our best player but arguably the most consistent.

Of course how effective any player is depends a great deal on the opposition and Chair is often targeted by them as they know he is the main danger.

They don't come much more consistent than Chair. One from the Cov preview...

Chair has a combined 14 G/A in the League in 21/22, 22/23 & now 23/24.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024