Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 158296 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:32 - Jun 22 with 6693 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:19 - Jun 21 by LazyFan

Rocco signs on the offy
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/21/rocco-friel-joins-qpr-dev-squad/

WLS says its a 4 year deal:
Sauce: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-sign-rocco

If true that's a long deal for a Dev Squad player, me thinks this is a Moneyball signing.

What is a moneyball signing?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:08 - Jun 22 with 6495 viewsloftboy

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:32 - Jun 22 by francisbowles

Someone they think we can develop and sell for a big profit .

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:14 - Jun 22 with 6293 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:08 - Jun 22 by loftboy

Someone they think we can develop and sell for a big profit .

That someone needs to be cheap to sign, and preferably undervalued by all and sundry.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:38 - Jun 22 with 6159 viewsDavieQPR

Moneyball is the method of forming a competitive team on a limited budget. Buying cheap and selling for a higher price is just business sense.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:49 - Jun 22 with 6095 viewsCateLeBonR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:32 - Jun 22 by francisbowles

Think Hämäläinen…
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:42 - Jun 22 with 5614 viewscpgerber

I thought moneyball was the strategy of signing statistically good players, but not really spectacular. So assembling a team of players that tick the boxes in terms of stats, but not really anyone glamourous.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:45 - Jun 22 with 5280 viewsQPROslo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:01 - Jun 21 by 100percent

Rumour of Tim Iroegbunam from Villa to Everton - 9 million....... blimey.....
[Post edited 21 Jun 10:07]

That's confirmed on the BBC now, and at reportedly £9 million they say. As he only made 15 first team appearances for Villa last season and most of them as a sub I reckon, such a fee must be partly based on his season with us. Won't hurt our possibilities of loaning young PL players with good potential.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:07 - Jun 22 with 5183 viewsNed_Kennedys

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:45 - Jun 22 by QPROslo

That's confirmed on the BBC now, and at reportedly £9 million they say. As he only made 15 first team appearances for Villa last season and most of them as a sub I reckon, such a fee must be partly based on his season with us. Won't hurt our possibilities of loaning young PL players with good potential.

Think with a run of games Tim could develop nicely as a player.
Would expect he will spend most of the time on the bench though.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:17 - Jun 22 with 5141 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s done absolutely nothing to justify that sort of price. Easy money for Villa.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:20 - Jun 22 with 5119 viewsQPROslo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:07 - Jun 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Think with a run of games Tim could develop nicely as a player.
Would expect he will spend most of the time on the bench though.

Still only 20.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:49 - Jun 22 with 5010 viewshertshoops

Tim, Villa to Everton £9m
Dobbin, Everton to Villa £9m

Both 'homegrown'
Deals 'amortised' over four years ?

FFP workarounds ?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:49 - Jun 22 with 5004 viewsMedwayR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:17 - Jun 22 by Watford_Ranger

He’s done absolutely nothing to justify that sort of price. Easy money for Villa.

It’s the FFP threatened clubs (scum, villa, Everton) trading between themselves before the end of June deadline.

Sell a player for £20m and it’s an immediate £20m profit, buy a player for £20m and spread it over his contract, e.g., 5 years, and it’s only a £4m loss for this year.

Yet again highlights what a nonsense FFP is.

Poll: Who’s better?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:32 - Jun 23 with 4335 viewsDavieQPR

Well at last the phony transfer period is over. The period when nothing much happens with everyone on holiday. Players start to report back next week for medical assessments. Click Bait sites are poring through FM24 in readiness.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:19 - Jun 23 with 3973 viewsDubaiR

Jonathan Varane apparently putting pen to paper early next week. Younger brother of Raphael Varane, centre midfielder from Sporting Gijon
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:20 - Jun 23 with 3968 viewsLowerloftLad

If Everton spend 9mill on a player that means his true value is 4.5mill.Everton are now a club that have their pants down every season.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:20 - Jun 23 with 3754 viewsHAYESBOY

There's a couple of tw@tter accounts talking about Jonathan Varane from Sporting Gijon possibly coming in.

I know, I'm desperate.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:55 - Jun 23 with 3601 viewshertshoops

Apparently we showed interest in him in january

Now he's ooc at sporting gujon
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:11 - Jun 23 with 3512 viewsDorse

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:55 - Jun 23 by hertshoops

Not sure I like Spurting Goujons. Sounds unhealthy.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:14 - Jun 24 with 2813 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:55 - Jun 23 by hertshoops

Both transfer market and wiki are saying he signed a four year deal last year.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:44 - Jun 24 with 2685 viewsdmm

With the squad's trip to Girona just a week away, I wonder if we'll see one or two players coming in this week.

There are quite a few vacancies, particularly in midfield, and it's probably a new striker that's piquing most interest for us. However, I've yet to see many names rumoured for a new no 9.

As others have mentioned, I'm hoping we'll see Cifuentes bring in one or two unknown gems as he did with Lucas Andersen. He's spent some time in Spain in this break.

Could be an interesting week.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:44 - Jun 24 with 2680 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:14 - Jun 24 by francisbowles

Both transfer market and wiki are saying he signed a four year deal last year.

Yes, definitely sounds like a transfer as opposed to an out-of-contract signing.

Not sure how much he would cost or what our transfer budget would be?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:15 - Jun 24 with 2166 viewsTheChef

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:44 - Jun 24 by dmm

With the squad's trip to Girona just a week away, I wonder if we'll see one or two players coming in this week.

There are quite a few vacancies, particularly in midfield, and it's probably a new striker that's piquing most interest for us. However, I've yet to see many names rumoured for a new no 9.

As others have mentioned, I'm hoping we'll see Cifuentes bring in one or two unknown gems as he did with Lucas Andersen. He's spent some time in Spain in this break.

Could be an interesting week.

As usual I'd expect a lot more movement after 30th June when most player contracts expire.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:03 - Jun 24 with 1900 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:44 - Jun 24 by Gloucs_R

Yes, definitely sounds like a transfer as opposed to an out-of-contract signing.

Not sure how much he would cost or what our transfer budget would be?

Heavily linked with Norwich in January. Seems they again interested in an outright transfer whereas ours is a loan with a view to buy. Various fees bandied about from £500,000 up to £2.5m.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:23 - Jun 24 with 1771 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:42 - Jun 22 by cpgerber

I thought moneyball was the strategy of signing statistically good players, but not really spectacular. So assembling a team of players that tick the boxes in terms of stats, but not really anyone glamourous.

It's a bit more than that. It's about discovering their greater Value from the stats that other clubs (including the selling or previous club) did not. It's not about finding average players; it's about finding the Gems in the stats (which you look at differently from other clubs) before anyone else does.

For example, as we did with Andersen. Or we take a risk on their injury record and get away with it as we did for Field with WBA. Or like when we got Paal on a free just because he was a defender in a relegation season.

Or Cook on the cheap, as he was seen as old and tired when the Champ he is a top CD. Or sniffing out Cannon is actually available and not signed up as his wages were not being paid (that comes from analysing contract stats). Or getting Smyth on a free, as other clubs don't think he can play in the Champ, even as a squad player.

Finding Value from stats, which you have analysed differently from other clubs to get Valuable players for far less than they are really worth. Cook we cannot sell really, but he's very valuable to us. So, its not only about the sell on, but that would be our best outcome if we can do it. As we did with Dieng.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:56 - Jun 24 with 1428 viewsOldPedro

Interesting article about the recent transfer of academy players between Premier League clubs this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c5111jg2r3yo

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024