Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So 13:04 - Jun 18 with 9036 viewsBexleyHoop

Who would you like our first three games to be?

I would like:

A promoted team at home - Oxford Utd
A relegated team away - Sheff Utd
A mid table team from last year away - Watford
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 22:41 - Jun 21 with 2458 viewscolinallcars

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 22:29 - Jun 21 by MrSheen

I’ve got another reason to remember that game. I’d rashly promised Mrs Sheen I’d pick up a shower caddy she’d ordered from M&S Plumbing Supplies of Horn Lane in Acton (who had a board behind the Loft End goal that season and many others) before the game. I’d humped it on to two buses in Saharan heat. wrestled it into the ground and up the stairs and wedged it somehow between my feet and away from the bloke behind me in time to see us tear Blackpool apart, Furlong was unplayable. Fortunately general dehydration meant I didn’t have to lift it over my head too often to let people past to the gents.
The only thing that took the gloss off an awesome performance was the worry that I’d have to bring my lucky shower caddy to every game that season.
[Post edited 21 Jun 22:31]

Eee, bloody looxury…..I don't even know what a shower caddy is.
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 23:00 - Jun 21 with 2419 viewsMrSheen

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 22:41 - Jun 21 by colinallcars

Eee, bloody looxury…..I don't even know what a shower caddy is.

Metal shelf unit that hangs off the glass to put your shampoo in. I can get you a deal.
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 08:02 - Jun 26 with 2154 viewsBlue_Castello

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 20:27 - Jun 21 by Stanisgod

I would like away away home as someone who shall not be named booked 12 days in Turkey starting August 8th

In the same boat and using anything I can to bale out the water, like you the other half has been organising our holidays and social life before the fixtures have been released.

Normally I'm on top of this and have an agreement that the fixtures are checked but we've been through some crap in the past year / years even so I let my guard slip.

A number of things have been booked and arranged already so I'm now waiting very nervously to see which games I will miss.....
[Post edited 26 Jun 8:05]
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 08:15 - Jun 26 with 2110 viewsstowmarketrange

I reckon it will be Portsmouth at home for us on August 10th.
[Post edited 26 Jun 8:41]
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:03 - Jun 26 with 2000 viewsstevec

WBA home then
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:04 - Jun 26 with 1994 viewsjeffranger

WBA at home
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:06 - Jun 26 with 1956 viewsfrancisbowles

1230 😬
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:08 - Jun 26 with 1893 viewseastside_r

Swansea Away on Boxing Day. Are they taking the piss?
Login to get fewer ads

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:11 - Jun 26 with 1854 viewsA40Bosh

By a pure fluke I booked 13 nights away instead of 14 arriving back on 9th August.

Let’s hope the opening day excitement lasts a lot longer than it did at Vicarage Road last year!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:12 - Jun 26 with 1839 viewsloftus77

No matter what happens - why does November always seem such a threatening month? Season after season - it always looks the worst.

Good omens:
Sheff Utd first away game - shades of 2010-11?
Sunderland away last day - makes me think of Stan and the FA Cup for some reason.

Also think we last opened up against West Brom at home exactly 40 years ago. And I do (vaguely) remember the game on the plastic. A repeat would be nice.
[Post edited 26 Jun 9:16]
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:14 - Jun 26 with 1789 viewswombat

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:12 - Jun 26 by loftus77

No matter what happens - why does November always seem such a threatening month? Season after season - it always looks the worst.

Good omens:
Sunderland away last day - makes me think of Stan and the FA Cup for some reason.

Also think we last opened up against West Brom at home exactly 40 years ago. And I do (vaguely) remember the game on the plastic. A repeat would be nice.

and thats before sky get hold of the games thats a shocking set of away games and to cap it all sunderland away last game 1230 ko

west brom first game 1230 ko sky have struck early !!!!
[Post edited 26 Jun 9:25]

Poll: which is your favouite foot

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:28 - Jun 26 with 1620 viewsNorthernr

Some brutal stuff for the 'hobbyists' there. Swansea on Boxing Day no train, Hull and Boro both midweek.
One week in january we're at Plymouth on Saturday then Hull on Tuesday fck me. Talk about 'away fatigued'.
Easter engineering works for Preston.

Ye gods, and that's before Sky take a bite out of the thing.
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:33 - Jun 26 with 1558 viewsStevenageRanger

Every game in the first round of fixtures is being shown live, so all games are 12:30. On this Sky Sports Plus channel
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:33 - Jun 26 with 1548 viewsEastR

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:28 - Jun 26 by Northernr

Some brutal stuff for the 'hobbyists' there. Swansea on Boxing Day no train, Hull and Boro both midweek.
One week in january we're at Plymouth on Saturday then Hull on Tuesday fck me. Talk about 'away fatigued'.

As a reminder on that, they have said the following:

Within 7 days of the announcement of the fixtures (26 June) all Sky broadcast selected matches will be allocated to the end of September.
Before the start of the season (Fri 9th Aug) all TV selections will be allocated up to the start of the FA 3rd round in early January.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:34 - Jun 26 with 1541 viewswombat

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:28 - Jun 26 by Northernr

we had plymouth and hull away last season as well , all be it the opp way round and that went well , honeslty dont remember a more brutal away set of fixtures and thats before sky start on there quest for all fans to watch game on tv at home .

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:38 - Jun 26 with 1477 viewsthehat

For me personally my 3 definite away games at grounds I've never been to are Sheff Utd, Derby and Plymouth and thankfully they all fall on a Saturday (before Sky make their selections).
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:42 - Jun 26 with 1424 viewsWokingR

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:33 - Jun 26 by EastR

Within 7 days of the announcement of the fixtures (26 June) all Sky broadcast selected matches will be allocated to the end of September.
Before the start of the season (Fri 9th Aug) all TV selections will be allocated up to the start of the FA 3rd round in early January.

Since when did Sky follow their own rules
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:52 - Jun 26 with 1325 viewswelwynranger

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:12 - Jun 26 by loftus77

Good omens:

Correct about the first game
August 1984.
We won 3-1
Stainrod scbored twice
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:53 - Jun 26 with 1318 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Two relegated and a PO team in the first four games...all six-pointers from the off then!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:55 - Jun 26 with 1289 viewsStanisgod

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 20:27 - Jun 21 by Stanisgod

I would like away away home as someone who shall not be named booked 12 days in Turkey starting August 8th

Well that worked well

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 10:08 - Jun 26 with 1181 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m already looking forward to last game of season Sunderland away in May. Plenty drinking time on that train journey. Just need to get the other 45 fixtures out of the way first.
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 10:08 - Jun 26 with 1176 viewsNorthernr

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 09:33 - Jun 26 by EastR

I'm old enough to remember when they promised as part of the new deal to declare all the fixtures up to Christmas straight away at the start.
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 10:15 - Jun 26 with 1111 viewsWatford_Ranger

Some really grim away double-headers there which statistically makes it a lot harder to pick up points. Crap Boxing Day. Crap final game if we need something. Luton away on the one weekend I can’t do. Meh.
EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 10:30 - Jun 26 with 998 viewsloftboy

Just succumbed and bought a season ticket in the lower loft standing area.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 10:32 - Jun 26 with 987 viewswombat

EFL Fixtures out on 26 June.....So on 10:30 - Jun 26 by loftboy

Just succumbed and bought a season ticket in the lower loft standing area.

west brom isnt a sky game but still 1230 ko ????? makes zero sense

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024