Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy 21:00 - Sep 27 with 29412 viewscaptainmycaptian

Right few beers in,and got work tomorrow. No one seems to have done a thread on this 12.30 atmosphere killing TV is ruining football kick off time. My hat, coat and scarf off to those making the trip. Well done you Hardy bunch.
Can't see getting much from this would be happy with another draw, which would be a decent point the way rovers are playing. But as I have started my first thread without doubt putting the mockers on it. Probably a spanking on the way. We'll certainly if they play like they did against Millwall.
Either way 1-2 to the mighty rangers ....... beer does help doesn't it
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:31 - Sep 28 with 1720 viewsDiscodroids

I love the bone marrow of this football club . What it is. What it stands for, and what it means to so many and the thousands of others who will support this club long after i've been incinerated in an MDF coffin as Marvin Gaye sings me out into the great divide.

But fu ck me up the dirtbox i'm getting so bored arsing about at the fag end of the championship. Exisiting. Breathing. Consuming. Defecating.

This seemingly endless existence in Beige.

i'm 57 in november.. I loved the Gerry years in the early to mid 90's. I'm not a spoilt brat in a bunny eared romper suit for wanting a taste of that again before i turn up me toes am i?

Circa 1993 now seems like 'one million years BC,' with Raquel welch in her saber tooth tiger bikini.

It's just one game i know.. but still.. days like this as a QPR fan melt into each other like Neeskens , cruyff and total football . It grinds you down into nothingness.
[Post edited 28 Sep 15:35]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:32 - Sep 28 with 1712 viewsdaveB

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:25 - Sep 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Until Varane’s moment of madness we were still in the game against an average Blackburn team without playing well.
However whatever tactics were discussed in both dressing rooms at half time clearly worked for them and not us. We were very poor 2nd half even taking into account the ten men.

Cantwell made a massive difference, just played at a quicker pace and looked to go forward. I'm not sure what we were trying to do second half but it didn't work
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:34 - Sep 28 with 1670 viewsManinBlack

There seems to be a philosophy amongst EFL managers that they are all Guardiola disciples playing the ball around the back despite not having players any good at it. We are like snails so the opposition can just close us down and we don't get up the pitch quick enough to be an attacking threat. In many ways Guardiola has influenced the style of play in this country. Looked good with Barcelona and City doing it but not when other clubs try it.

Anyway I digress a bit. We haven't kept a clean sheet yet so it's no surprise we only have one win with only Frey providing any sort of goal threat. Apart from last season, we have fared badly against Blackburn for over two decades with 11 men, so down to ten we were doomed to defeat against a side that is doing very well so far.

In contrast, our friends at Brentford have scored their third goal within the first 60 seconds of a match already this season. Took them 38 seconds compared to 23 and 24 seconds previously. Now that is how to start games on the front foot whereas we look like we have taken sleeping pills for these 1230 kick offs. Not won any of them...yawn
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:35 - Sep 28 with 1648 viewsMelakaRanger

A lot for Marti to reflect on

Watching us this season, other than the 2nd half at Luton, I think we are actually getting slightly worse each game.

Dembele was brilliant for the first few games. Who needs Chair I thought? But the past few games hes been a passenger.

Varane has never impressed and I am at a loss as what the club saw in him. Total lightweight.

Far too many of our players are far too casual with their passing and tracking back when they lose the ball. Far too slow with taking advantage from gaining posession. We get a free kick and then wait until everyone on the opposition team has got back into position before we then (generally) just tap it sideways or backwards.

And why are our corners now never getting past their first man. Our corners have, like much of our game, got worse and worse this season.

And throw ins - dont get me started. Its not just this season but for years its seemed that when we have a throw in no one wants the ball.. no one makes space. No one wanst to take a quick throw and catch out the opposition. Its all wait wait and then throw to someone who invariably doesnt wnat the ball and within a touch the opposition have it back again.

Other than Frey and often Smyth, no one seems to have any energy or desire to attack.

I really thought that this season MC would build on last seasons final 3 months and we would comfortably be mid table. From what I have seen so far this season I fear we are in for another bumpy ride among the bottom 4 or 5.

If we do not change our ways fast and start playing with energy, desire and a plan then we are in trouble.

We need to beat Hull next week, if not I can see fans might begin 'turning'. Lose on Tuesday and we could well be in the bottom 3.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:36 - Sep 28 with 1631 viewsloftboy

Just watched the lowlights amd I can’t see why Smyths goal was disallowed?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:38 - Sep 28 with 1597 viewsDamo1962

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 14:29 - Sep 28 by connell10

You wanna get down the fans forum on Monday mate and tell like it is

No point. It's not up to me to make it work. Talk is just pissing in the wind.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:38 - Sep 28 with 1604 viewsrbee

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:30 - Sep 28 by JAPRANGERS

Right now we have hit the mighty heights of 16th place! What more could you ever want?

The changing or removal of the Profit and Sustainability regulations would be a good start!!

I am taking a pragmatic view of this season bearing in mind our new CEO/DOF, our new manager and much changed playing squad.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:40 - Sep 28 with 1575 viewsDamo1962

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 14:23 - Sep 28 by dutch

Is there a possibility we are not very good?

It's not a possibility - it's a fact.Rinse and repeat the last four seasons. Still it can only get better according to some.
Login to get fewer ads

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:40 - Sep 28 with 1581 viewsdavman

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:12 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

This game was all about the red card , we were doing ok against a team full of confidence on their own pitch . To get sent off at that time in that part of the pitch was just madness and let everyone down teammates and fans alike . He was surely getting hooked at H T and I am confident we could have gone toe to toe with them 2nd half .
It’s no coincidence that the outfield players who have experience in this league are performing better , we have to give them time but pressed the self destruct button today . Varane needs to reflect on today .

Exactly this. That first half was anyone's; two mediocre teams going at it.

Varane cost us big, big time. As soon as they scored we were done. Needed to hold on a lot longer than we did, but couldn't.

We'll be ok, but it is going to be closer that we'd all have hoped.

Jury out on the recruitment, bar Nardi who was superb again.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:43 - Sep 28 with 1542 viewsDamo1962

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 14:37 - Sep 28 by PerthRs

Very poor display we don’t look fit but we couldn’t hit a cows arse with bango.
You see other teams who aren’t good like Plymouth and Sheff wed take it to the top teams and score 2 or 3 it’s a worry we lack something we look very laboured and slow not quick enough to break away and break teams down

Wish we were as bad as Plymouth and Weds 🤫
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:46 - Sep 28 with 1489 viewsSteveB

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 13:22 - Sep 28 by plasmahoop

Not a red for me. Ref has bought that due to the home players surrounding him. Although Santos maybe could have got a second booking not long before. We look reasonably competent, but the formation leaves the fullbacks a bit exposed.

Not a sending off? In which league? That's an ankle breaking tackle and deserved a straight red all day long. In my opinion anyway. Probably the only thing that twit ref got correct all game.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:54 - Sep 28 with 1369 viewsDamo1962

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:46 - Sep 28 by SteveB

Not a sending off? In which league? That's an ankle breaking tackle and deserved a straight red all day long. In my opinion anyway. Probably the only thing that twit ref got correct all game.

Agree. If it was the other way we would be screaming for a red. Easy to blame the ref , when it is that weakling Varanes fault. The ref wasn't the reason we lost. Bad teams teams blame bad luck and Refs.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 16:06 - Sep 28 with 1223 viewsJimmyR

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:46 - Sep 28 by SteveB

Santos was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow seconds before the red, ref gave a yellow in 8 mins for diving and I thought great. More to the point in WTF and those two doing putting tackles in like that in the 2/3rd min of 1 min of injury time when there was no danger what so ever

Like getting fired on your day off! Don’t think we can have too many complaints about the red, could of easily been two!
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 16:13 - Sep 28 with 1184 viewsQPunkR

We were sh-t yet again. Still only 45 minutes of decent football we've managed to string together this season

QPR - "shit but local"

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 16:30 - Sep 28 with 980 viewsSteveB

Losing Varane wasn't the real problem, starting him was. Woeful, both him & Santos. That's on you MC. Paal bottling that tackle in 38th minute also boiled my p!ss.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 16:39 - Sep 28 with 878 viewsstainrods_elbow

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 14:42 - Sep 28 by DWQPR

Didn’t watch todays match but for me MC really has to consider his footballing philosophies against the pragmatism of championship football. Too much pïssballing about at the back, too slow in the build up and suspect against any team that tries to press us to any degree. At this time we look a poor side. Watched Plymouth last night and they looked lightyears ahead of us. Really enjoyed their style of play. Yep we are missing Chair but to be fair Dembele should be providing the dynamism in midfield. We are now in danger of seeing MC’s stay unraveling unless he starts to realise that a) he isn’t Pep and b) we haven’t the defence and midfield that Citeh has. A good manager adapts to the players at his disposal and gets them to play a style that makes the most of their attributes. A bad one keeps making the same mistakes time and again. Last week he was annoyed that the team didn’t play to the way he wanted. To be honest I think he could say the same every week so far bar a few odd halves. It’s time to get the team playing like he did in the final third of last season.

I'd suggest the last two performances, today's and the MIllwall game, were unacceptable, and Marti needs to explain himself, rather than giving his usual urbane assessment on the Offish. (Though it looks like it won't be at the Fans Forum. )

He's had three weeks of training the team of late, and we seem to be going backwards not just on the tail-end of last season but in the early stages of this one. Frankly, we look half-fit, half-arsed, and half-cocked.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 16:45 - Sep 28 with 820 viewsstainrods_elbow

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:36 - Sep 28 by loftboy

Just watched the lowlights amd I can’t see why Smyths goal was disallowed?

I'm still spitting feathers over it, and I'm amazed others aren't doing likewise. The goal was great, and you'd have to have cataracts to argue otherwise. Cook should have been getting in the ref's face and demanding accountability rather than leaving Smyth to rant and rave, as he was clearly happy for a clutch of their players to do likewise over Varane's red. But when the ref's a cheating/inept c*nt, what can youe do? The club should make an official complaint, as 2-1 could (and should) have made it interesting. However mediocre we've been today, we've also been completely bummed in the gob over that, and arguably the sending-off.
[Post edited 28 Sep 16:49]

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 16:46 - Sep 28 with 821 viewsBoston

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:06 - Sep 28 by mart_Goblin

Another frustrating and infuriating performance.

How many times have we said the following this season already ;

“Stupidity from our central midfielder”
“Smyth has to score”
“We look slow and lacklustre”
“Just keep the ball”
“We are so easy to play against”
“F*ck sake it’s deflected off of Cook”
“Turn and go forward!!!”
“ we are not strong enough”

And there are many many more
The ref was garbage but we have to do better with what we control!!!

I’ve seen or been at every match this season and I’m saying the same things over and over and over.

MC indicates that this is not how he wants the team to play so why are these players playing the way they are ?
They have to take responsibility on the pitch and MC is to blame for anything it’s not getting his message across to this bunch because it’s repeat after repeat .

Sorry for the rant . Just so frustrating at the moment and hopefully that will change soon

...fourth pint.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 16:49 - Sep 28 with 788 viewsBeckenhamhoop

There is an upside to todays result….Varane won’t be playing for the next three games.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 16:52 - Sep 28 with 764 viewsDamo1962

I've seen every game bar the Palace one this season, and performances have been pretty awful in all of them. We've had a couple of lucky breaks to keep us out of real trouble...but we need to be more pro active. Results this early in the season are not that important,but the performance level and fitness is. No clean sheets either so far, but the real concern for me is the mid-field. I'm just unconvinced that MC is able to get more from this group - I sincerely hope I am wrong. We'll know more after the next seven games. Just keep us out of trouble Marti.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 17:02 - Sep 28 with 684 viewscaptainmycaptian

Right I forthwith register my resignation from ever starting a match thread. Clearly my fault not the shite performance by the players. I do worry that the drums are beating for MC. He needs to adapt and inject more impetus into the team. I Hooe the fan base don't turn on him as he is one of the best we have had in a while. Give it time it will click Hull under the lights might see chair back plus the winning ways.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 17:13 - Sep 28 with 593 viewsstainrods_elbow

My view after reviewing the Sky highlights.

Varane's tackle was a yellow, but certaiinly not a red.

Smyth's goal was indisputably good.

The ref, I suspect, is bent, taking his performace as a whole.

Amazed that Marti seemed so accepting of how the above went in his post-match interview, but then again he was interviewed by someone who sounds about ten years old and who's obviously reading from a script handed to him by Nourry. At least, Nick London would have given it a bit of passion rather than anesthetising us as we watch.

I'll say it again: if that match was justly officiated, I'm Dennis Wise!

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 17:18 - Sep 28 with 573 viewsstevec

I turned off after that clowns red card tackle. Classic reaction from a player where every puff of wind has him discombobulated until he loses his head and tries to go through somebody.

He has no strength in his upper body so just gets knocked around, much like most of our midfield.

This three behind the striker is meant to be sophisticated football, instead we’ve got a left winger who can run down the left, a right winger who can run down the right, and a no 10 who’s probably wondering what the fck am I supposed to be doing that’s progressive when I’m surrounded by one dimensionals.

As it stands, we might as well play 4-4-2, at least the wingers will be at home and the centre mids look a bit happier.

We desperately need Colback out there. At least when he gets a red card you can console yourself that whilst he’s on the pitch he does actually contribute, unlike Varane.

I’d also occasionally stick someone up front alongside Frey and try the welly boot approach when applicable. That first half was pretty much unwatchable.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 17:32 - Sep 28 with 465 viewskernowhoop

The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 15:12 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

This game was all about the red card , we were doing ok against a team full of confidence on their own pitch . To get sent off at that time in that part of the pitch was just madness and let everyone down teammates and fans alike . He was surely getting hooked at H T and I am confident we could have gone toe to toe with them 2nd half .
It’s no coincidence that the outfield players who have experience in this league are performing better , we have to give them time but pressed the self destruct button today . Varane needs to reflect on today .

The game had '0-0' written all over it, until that red card.
Anyone who has watched professional football for a long time knows that, from time to time, there are days like this - not only the red card but a deflected goal against a goalkeeper who had been playing particularly well.
There will be better days, especially when Dembele recovers his confidence.
The no ones bothered Blackburn match thingy on 17:37 - Sep 28 with 419 viewsjoe90

I predicted a 2-0 win for Rovers. The trajectory of our performances are on the down, not up. So no surprise we lost. We’ve not been playing like a team that will ‘come good’.

There’s usually a signing each season that gives me an indication of travell, last season it was Smyth and this time it’s Madsen. Result and performance as expected. No need to sh*t the bed, we’re living and performing within our means and capability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024