Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International Break 12:53 - Sep 22 with 24999 viewsRedbourneR

Anyone know who's off and playing for their country? Jimmy Dunne and Harvey Vale for RoI,I guess, and Paul Smyth for the North, so who else is going to be missing from the training ground? Nothing on the offish.
0
International Break on 06:38 - Oct 5 with 2369 viewsHooparoo

International Break on 23:04 - Oct 4 by Myke

Different WC tournament I think hooparoo. Thought there was a tournament when Luongo failed to play even though they lost all three group games. I could be wrong, apologies if so.


Sorry mate. Thought you were talking about 2026.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

0
International Break on 09:37 - Oct 5 with 2028 viewsPaddyhoops

Just glad this whole shit show with my lot is over . I’m mentally exhausted with the whole situation so can’t even imagine how the players feel.
1
International Break on 15:56 - Oct 5 with 1696 viewsdmm

QPR have pulled Kamara out of the Finland squad. I had no idea a club and player could go against the national team's wishes like that.

Finland manager Jacob Friis has claimed that Queens Park Rangers’ decision to pull Glen Kamara out of the squad created a difficult situation for the midfielder. https://insidefutbol.com/2026/
0
International Break on 16:14 - Oct 5 with 1654 viewsMyke

International Break on 15:56 - Oct 5 by dmm

QPR have pulled Kamara out of the Finland squad. I had no idea a club and player could go against the national team's wishes like that.

Finland manager Jacob Friis has claimed that Queens Park Rangers’ decision to pull Glen Kamara out of the squad created a difficult situation for the midfielder. https://insidefutbol.com/2026/


Interesting one. I didn’t realise we had the power to do that. Good for us of course, but tricky for the player.
0
International Break on 16:58 - Oct 5 with 1546 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo

No Cirkin in the squad. ???

Smells like a trout farm in here

1
International Break on 17:00 - Oct 5 with 1543 viewsBrianMcCarthy

International Break on 16:14 - Oct 5 by Myke

Interesting one. I didn’t realise we had the power to do that. Good for us of course, but tricky for the player.


Can we call Yamal back from international duty?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2
International Break on 17:23 - Oct 5 with 1488 viewsdmm

I think we must have recalled Kamara because we're short in midfield for the game against Wham - Vale and Chair still injured, and Varane too knackered to start.
1
International Break on 18:05 - Oct 5 with 1426 viewsWatford_Ranger

International Break on 17:23 - Oct 5 by dmm

I think we must have recalled Kamara because we're short in midfield for the game against Wham - Vale and Chair still injured, and Varane too knackered to start.


Looks like Martinique play tonight at 11 our time and that’s it so he should be available having not played loads. Whether he should be in the team is another question.
0
Login to get fewer ads

International Break on 18:34 - Oct 5 with 1388 viewsSuperhoops2808

Sorry if already said, but funny seeing Ronaldo spitting his dummy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo
0
International Break on 19:17 - Oct 5 with 1319 viewsJamesB1979

International Break on 16:58 - Oct 5 by HAYESBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo

No Cirkin in the squad. ???


Looks like this may have been agreed with qpr.

https://balticfootballnews.com
1
International Break on 19:36 - Oct 5 with 1242 viewsBrazilNutR

Another evening of splinters for Smyth in the Ireland squad..
0
International Break on 19:40 - Oct 5 with 1227 viewsBrazilNutR

Seems Cirkin was an agreement with QPR he wouldn't play this last fixture..

"Cirkins, who plays for Queens Park Rangers, completed 90 minutes in each of Latvia’s first three matches of the international window and will sit this one out as per agreement with the club. "

Found in Baltic Football News wesbite here:
https://balticfootballnews.com
1
International Break on 19:45 - Oct 5 with 1206 viewsconnell10

International Break on 19:36 - Oct 5 by BrazilNutR

Another evening of splinters for Smyth in the Ireland squad..


I would retire if i was him , whats the point .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
International Break on 21:30 - Oct 5 with 1044 viewsqueensparker

International Break on 19:45 - Oct 5 by connell10

I would retire if i was him , whats the point .


I dunno, N Ireland look on the up so worth being part of it, you never know.

As I speak Price misses a pen to go 1-0 up against Georgia
0
International Break on 21:56 - Oct 5 with 972 viewsWatford_Ranger

Four clean sheets Jeremy?
0
International Break on 22:04 - Oct 5 with 940 viewsBklynRanger

I've really enjoyed this run of Norn Iron games - much more than expected

But yeah - Smyth not getting on took the shine off that a bit tonight, along with the penalty miss obviously.

You could make an argument in a couple of the other games for him not coming on, but not tonight.

He was still out there at the end congratulating his team mates, showed some class.
0
International Break on 22:50 - Oct 5 with 845 viewsNed_Kennedys

International Break on 22:04 - Oct 5 by BklynRanger

I've really enjoyed this run of Norn Iron games - much more than expected

But yeah - Smyth not getting on took the shine off that a bit tonight, along with the penalty miss obviously.

You could make an argument in a couple of the other games for him not coming on, but not tonight.

He was still out there at the end congratulating his team mates, showed some class.


Smyth was sent to warm up but once again wasn’t brought on: if I was him I’d be thoroughly p1ssed off not to play a single minute over 4 games especially as some of the players looked liked they’d been flogged to death by the amount of minutes they’d played. Poor player management by O’Neill IMO.
2
International Break on 23:20 - Oct 5 with 795 viewsMyke

International Break on 22:50 - Oct 5 by Ned_Kennedys

Smyth was sent to warm up but once again wasn’t brought on: if I was him I’d be thoroughly p1ssed off not to play a single minute over 4 games especially as some of the players looked liked they’d been flogged to death by the amount of minutes they’d played. Poor player management by O’Neill IMO.


Hopefully he’ll come back rearing to prove a point
0
International Break on 00:14 - Oct 6 with 728 viewswombat

International Break on 19:17 - Oct 5 by JamesB1979

Looks like this may have been agreed with qpr.

https://balticfootballnews.com


Not sure why hes suspended for the next three games isnt he ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

1
International Break on 07:49 - Oct 6 with 571 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo

Varane 85 mins last night.

Smells like a trout farm in here

0
International Break on 08:08 - Oct 6 with 537 viewsnix

International Break on 00:14 - Oct 6 by wombat

Not sure why hes suspended for the next three games isnt he ?


I’m guessing because he can still be involved in training and learning patterns of play even if he can’t play. Plus we’d rather be responsible for building up his stamina in house than rely on Latvia to do it. Finally he’s been playing quite a few minutes within a short period of time and that risks further injuries for someone who’s just coming back from long term injuries.
1
International Break on 08:52 - Oct 6 with 429 viewsdmm

I can't find confirmation as to whether Cirkin's suspension is for one or three matches. Is there a reliable website that carries this info?

As for Varane, I assume he'll be on a 9/10 hour flight back to London later today so he'd be joining the squad tomorrow or Thursday. I can't see him starting v Wham so probably a midfield of Kamara, Madsen and Edwards.
0
International Break on 09:22 - Oct 6 with 385 viewsfrancisbowles

International Break on 08:52 - Oct 6 by dmm

I can't find confirmation as to whether Cirkin's suspension is for one or three matches. Is there a reliable website that carries this info?

As for Varane, I assume he'll be on a 9/10 hour flight back to London later today so he'd be joining the squad tomorrow or Thursday. I can't see him starting v Wham so probably a midfield of Kamara, Madsen and Edwards.


https://www.thefa.com/news/202

You'll find it, as you scroll down, under 22nd September.
1
International Break on 12:07 - Oct 6 with 227 viewseastside_r

International Break on 23:20 - Oct 5 by Myke

Hopefully he’ll come back rearing to prove a point


Assuming he’s not carrying some minor injury that we don’t know about, I would definitely start him on Friday.
0
International Break on 12:13 - Oct 6 with 212 viewsWatford_Ranger

International Break on 12:07 - Oct 6 by eastside_r

Assuming he’s not carrying some minor injury that we don’t know about, I would definitely start him on Friday.


I’d be surprised if he doesn’t down Bowen’s side.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026