Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten 20:48 - Jun 15 with 6449 viewsqprxtc

QPR 3 Luton 2

1980/81. Superb game an Barry Silkman was a genius. Still one of favourite games ever.

Especially as I think the home game before was one of the worst, a 0-1 home defeat by Wrexham. Soon followed by a godawful 0-0 draw on a bollick freezing day at home to Shrewsbury.

That Luton game was magnificent. And I was on the Loft with the Luton fans when we changed ends that season. Hated the West terrace. Stood there once against Bolton when Langley scored after ten seconds. Hated it. Wrong end and too small.

Boomshanka
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:11 - Jun 15 with 3706 viewsqpr_1968

qpr 2-0 burnley 1972/73......

for me a classic.
burnley finished top of div 2 with 62 points, we finished runners up with 61 points.

the game was shown on the big match or match of the day.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:24 - Jun 15 with 3671 viewsstevec

West Ham 2 QPR 3. 1973/74
If memory serves, our first ever away win in the top division, our first win of the season and the first season ever we remained in the top division.

We hammered them 0-0 at home a week before but went there and played them off Upton Park. Ron Abbott of all people won us the game. Those were the days when you could sit in the home section, happy days.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:31 - Jun 15 with 3660 viewsnumptydumpty

Qpr 6 Luton 1

Wegerle amazing and also GOD aka Paul Parker scoring I believe his only ever goal for rangers

Qpr 4 Chelsea 2

Ferdinand early double as new kid on the block and an incredible acrobatic volley outside area by Mark Falco

Qpr 4 Spurs 1

Played Tottenham off the park. Diving header by Super Ray

Qpr 2 Liverpool 2

Solo strike near end from Simon Barker
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 22:32]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:46 - Jun 15 with 3626 viewsBoston

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:11 - Jun 15 by qpr_1968

qpr 2-0 burnley 1972/73......

for me a classic.
burnley finished top of div 2 with 62 points, we finished runners up with 61 points.

the game was shown on the big match or match of the day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:48 - Jun 15 with 3617 viewsqpr_1968

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:46 - Jun 15 by Boston

cheers boston.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:51 - Jun 15 with 3615 viewsted_hendrix

QPR 5 Birmingham 2, 1970 Rodney's third goal was ridiculously gorgeous, a superb hat-trick.

I'd forgotten about the 4-4 at Port fail, you just had to be there.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 05:16 - Jun 16 with 3501 viewsSydneyRs

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:31 - Jun 15 by numptydumpty

Qpr 6 Luton 1

Wegerle amazing and also GOD aka Paul Parker scoring I believe his only ever goal for rangers

Qpr 4 Chelsea 2

Ferdinand early double as new kid on the block and an incredible acrobatic volley outside area by Mark Falco

Qpr 4 Spurs 1

Qpr 2 Liverpool 2

Was at all of these, all great games for different reasons. The Ferdinand double as an unknown v Chelsea sticks in the mind. He'd been at the club a while without making any first team impact and then, against the most hated rivals, they couldn't live with him. A sign of what was to come. The days of the Chelsea fans' mass exodus when they knew they were beaten at LR, great times.

Parker's only goal was a fantastic moment of course. Luton fans were mocking Tony Roberts early on but were silenced.

Second half of that Spurs game was sublime (were were awful first half), best I ever saw us play live. We murdered them, and they weren't a bad side. Could have been double figures. As an added bonus, I went with a Spurs mate and we'd agreed that the loser would have to buy the beers all night afterwards, hugely enjoyable.

Paid a tout to get into the Liverpool game, another great match.

The OP mentioned Barry Silkman. He's on facebook and an absolute loony. Nasty piece of work too.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 07:13 - Jun 16 with 3451 viewsCamberleyR

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:31 - Jun 15 by numptydumpty

Qpr 6 Luton 1

Qpr 4 Chelsea 2

Qpr 4 Spurs 1

Qpr 2 Liverpool 2

Brilliant QPR games agreed but I wouldn't think any of those has been forgotten.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 07:26 - Jun 16 with 3437 viewsHayesender

QPR 5, Leicester 2, FA cup 87?

West Ham 0, QPR 3. Opening game of the 87 season

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 07:32 - Jun 16 with 3425 viewsloftus77

QPR 7 Burnley 0 - 1979. Felt for Billy O'Rourke.

QPR 7 Bolton 1. 1982. Pre-Cup Final surge (included a 4-0 win at Newcastle)

QPR 8 Crewe 1 League Cup 1983?. It was 1-1 as I recall, then we went goal-crazy. Lost the 2nd leg obviously...
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 7:33]
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 09:47 - Jun 16 with 3312 viewsterryb

I'm with Steve with the 3-2 win at West Ham in 1973 even though I was told I had 30 seconds to get out of the ground at the end!

Two other ganes that stand out for me are;-

'69/70 Charlton 2 Rangers 3 - FA Cup 4th round & we are being battered & losing 2-0. Rodney then gave his best (IMO) performance for us 7 the whole of the Valley joined in the Rod Nee chant.

'75/76 Tottenham 0 Rangers 3 - We were magnificent! Gerry Francis at his finest with Don Givens not far behind.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 11:58 - Jun 16 with 3224 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR 1 Derby 0, think it was FA Cup and our goal was an og by Dave Mackay?
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 12:28 - Jun 16 with 3188 viewsQPRSteve

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 12:35 - Jun 16 with 3182 viewsMrSheen

QPR 3 Man United 2, May 1989. Andy Gray, Superstar!
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 13:09 - Jun 16 with 3135 viewsStanisgod

Oxford 0 QPR 3 1986 Milk Cup....... Oh wait a minute, just remembered 😭😭

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 14:45 - Jun 16 with 3052 viewsthemodfather

qpr 3 burnley 2, 1983, we were 2-0 down at h/t , in the heavy rain, trevor steven ran us ragged and we turned it around,
arsenal 0 qpr 2, 84 ian stewart curled in a beauty
charlton 1 qpr 3 82? they have the danish fella who was top player, we have micklewhite scoring an overhead kick and 1000s there
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 15:13 - Jun 16 with 3023 viewsSnipper

QPR 4 Leeds 1 in the last season before football officially existed. We absolutely hammered the eventual champions. I was a pitch side steward at the loft end that night. I thought Clive Wilson’s penalty was going to hit me, so I cowered.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 15:51 - Jun 16 with 2976 viewsMick_S

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 15:13 - Jun 16 by Snipper

QPR 4 Leeds 1 in the last season before football officially existed. We absolutely hammered the eventual champions. I was a pitch side steward at the loft end that night. I thought Clive Wilson’s penalty was going to hit me, so I cowered.

What a ball from Super Ray! That’s on another level.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 16:07 - Jun 16 with 2958 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Geordies away, October 1993: 2-1 the Rangers. Wilkins ran the game from start to finish; literally had their fog on his twine!

Cambridge away, Octoberish 1983: 4-1 the Rangers. In a university town, Clive Allen took their defence to school.

Ipswich away 2-0, Octoberish 1984. John Gregory bossed the Suffolk out of them! I don’t think they ever recovered.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 16:08 - Jun 16 with 2956 viewsThe_Beast1976

1986 QPR 1 - 0 Man Utd (Byrne)
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 16:12 - Jun 16 with 2954 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 15:51 - Jun 16 by Mick_S

What a ball from Super Ray! That’s on another level.

A couple of Spurs home games come to mind.
The 2-2 on the plastic in the mid 80’s and a brilliant 0-0, the season after Italia 90 (I think ...) Gascoigne & Lineker playing for them, Roy Wegerle outshone Fatty and I don’t recall the mighty Paul Parker giving Big Ears a sniff of the goal. End to end stuff. Also, of all things, Tony Roberts had a blinder.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 16:13]
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 16:22 - Jun 16 with 2935 viewsterryb

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 16:07 - Jun 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Geordies away, October 1993: 2-1 the Rangers. Wilkins ran the game from start to finish; literally had their fog on his twine!

Cambridge away, Octoberish 1983: 4-1 the Rangers. In a university town, Clive Allen took their defence to school.

Ipswich away 2-0, Octoberish 1984. John Gregory bossed the Suffolk out of them! I don’t think they ever recovered.

The Ipswich game was a superb performance. One or two weeks later, we were also brilliant at Carrow Road in performing the East Anglian double.

That really mattered to us that live in the area!
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 16:59 - Jun 16 with 2890 viewsqpr_1968

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 12:35 - Jun 16 by MrSheen

QPR 3 Man United 2, May 1989. Andy Gray, Superstar!

was that a friday night when only 10,000 turned up for whatever reason, or am i thinking of another man utd fixture at our ground.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:10 - Jun 16 with 2783 viewsManinBlack

Some great choices there thanks for jogging my memory. I was at the 3-2 win at Charlton but I was only 7 and remember nothing other than coming back from two nil. Shame no cameras at all games in those days.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:13 - Jun 16 with 2781 viewsDWQPR

QPR 3-2 Leicester, in 2004 after being 2 down. And the same result again against the same team in 2014 when I think that between the two teams there was 49 attempts at goal according to the BBC

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024