Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe 09:24 - May 6 with 12259 viewssparkey

Won 2-0 yesterday vs the fake dons. Fairytale what Ainsworth is doing there. Surely we're all rooting for them especially after their unjust relegation last season.
Wycombe on 09:27 - May 6 with 4953 viewsNorthernr

After the first 15 minutes they played seriously well. I was very impressed.

I mean, not a style of football I would enjoy watching, but also not just boot it and hope - MK Dons have those two kids up front who are mustard and Wycombe very effectively kept them out of the game with a clever set up and plan. MK won 5-0 at the weekend and that Twine wonderkid scored four of them, last night they restricted him to free kicks only and he got subbed in the end. I think Ainsworth plays up to the class clown, long ball stuff, but there's a bit more to him and them on last night's evidence.

Small thing though, they were so dominant and playing ten men in the final quarter of an hour, I think they'll come to regret not pushing harder for a third goal. I remember last time they absolutely destroyed Fleetwood in the first leg, but needed it because they basically didn't show up for the second leg and nearly got caught.
Wycombe on 09:30 - May 6 with 4906 viewsLblock

Gaz clearly a legend for us and will always be loved for it.

However, even that aside, you cannot fail to love his character and passion in the modern game.
I'm not so sure he's limited to a simply kick and rush game either.

All power to them and hope they go all the way and win it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wycombe on 09:31 - May 6 with 4901 viewssparkey

Wycombe on 09:27 - May 6 by Northernr

After the first 15 minutes they played seriously well. I was very impressed.

I mean, not a style of football I would enjoy watching, but also not just boot it and hope - MK Dons have those two kids up front who are mustard and Wycombe very effectively kept them out of the game with a clever set up and plan. MK won 5-0 at the weekend and that Twine wonderkid scored four of them, last night they restricted him to free kicks only and he got subbed in the end. I think Ainsworth plays up to the class clown, long ball stuff, but there's a bit more to him and them on last night's evidence.

Small thing though, they were so dominant and playing ten men in the final quarter of an hour, I think they'll come to regret not pushing harder for a third goal. I remember last time they absolutely destroyed Fleetwood in the first leg, but needed it because they basically didn't show up for the second leg and nearly got caught.

That Twine definitely looks the part. Personally think Manning is our best managerial option so that added to the kick I got from seeing MK lose.
Wycombe on 09:33 - May 6 with 4882 viewsNorthernr

Wycombe on 09:31 - May 6 by sparkey

That Twine definitely looks the part. Personally think Manning is our best managerial option so that added to the kick I got from seeing MK lose.

Twine's a heartbreaker. Was obviously brilliant in a lousy, and bankrupt, Swindon team. Saw him play for them at Ipswich season before last and he was unreal. Could have had him for buttons. Now half the Championship wants him, Fulham talking about paying £5m.
Wycombe on 09:41 - May 6 with 4826 viewsdaveB

He won't get the QPR job as style of play is an issue but the man knows how to win football matches, we could do a lot worse
Wycombe on 09:48 - May 6 with 4794 viewsbosh67

If Gareth was to come in we would need a target front man to hang around to get on the end of things. Someone like Austin... ah, bugger!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wycombe on 09:56 - May 6 with 4764 viewsBlue_Castello

Wycombe on 09:33 - May 6 by Northernr

Twine's a heartbreaker. Was obviously brilliant in a lousy, and bankrupt, Swindon team. Saw him play for them at Ipswich season before last and he was unreal. Could have had him for buttons. Now half the Championship wants him, Fulham talking about paying £5m.

Yeah he was available getting loads of good press at Swindon, when he became available I assumed he would go to a Championship team not the plastic Dons , totally missed the boat not for the first time, sods law he's now out of our price range.
Wycombe on 10:01 - May 6 with 4710 viewsted_hendrix

If they win promotion they'll be in the same league as us so why would he want/need to come here?

He's a great bloke and always put himself 'on the line' whilst playing for us (that time he broke his leg and tried to play on) being an example.

He's not out of work and we're not exactly an attractive proposition are we? the manner of Warburton leaving being an example.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe on 10:07 - May 6 with 4667 viewsdaveB

Wycombe on 09:48 - May 6 by bosh67

If Gareth was to come in we would need a target front man to hang around to get on the end of things. Someone like Austin... ah, bugger!

or Dykes
Wycombe on 10:22 - May 6 with 4596 viewsLanhoop

With the budget and players Ainsworth has he must be limited in what he can do with the style of play. He clearly knows what he is doing so I wouldn't write off him being able to step up. Having said that, if he can get Wycombe up again then he should stay there.
Wycombe on 10:42 - May 6 with 4500 viewsTheChef

Would just love it if Wycombe pass Derby on the way up.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wycombe on 10:43 - May 6 with 4496 viewsNorthernr

Wycombe on 10:42 - May 6 by TheChef

Would just love it if Wycombe pass Derby on the way up.

That would be very just and lovely.
Wycombe on 10:44 - May 6 with 4485 viewsbaz_qpr

Of course if it is Manning we want its in our interest that Wycombe win.

Love Gareth, but Wycombe did not keep Wycombe up and I just dont think he fits with the style we want going forward
Wycombe on 10:46 - May 6 with 4465 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth was linked with Preston, and is high in the betting for Blackburn. I think I'd actually quite like to see him get a bigger job that isn't ours and see...

- if it was just a really good fit at Wycombe
- if this style of play is just working with what he's got, or whether that's how he wants to play
- if he can cut it at this level

without us destroying another QPR legend.
Wycombe on 10:53 - May 6 with 4427 viewswelwynranger

Wycombe on 09:48 - May 6 by bosh67

Akinfenwa
Wycombe on 10:53 - May 6 with 4426 viewsstowmarketrange

Wycombe on 10:07 - May 6 by daveB

or Dykes

Or Akinfenwa?
Wycombe on 10:55 - May 6 with 4408 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wycombe on 10:46 - May 6 by Northernr

Ainsworth was linked with Preston, and is high in the betting for Blackburn. I think I'd actually quite like to see him get a bigger job that isn't ours and see...

- if it was just a really good fit at Wycombe
- if this style of play is just working with what he's got, or whether that's how he wants to play
- if he can cut it at this level

without us destroying another QPR legend.

I'd also like to see him first coach good football to prove he can do it.

It would be dangerous in the extreme to let him try it for the first time here.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wycombe on 10:57 - May 6 with 4396 viewsNorthernr

Wycombe on 10:55 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd also like to see him first coach good football to prove he can do it.

It would be dangerous in the extreme to let him try it for the first time here.

90% certain it would be a disaster.
Wycombe on 11:44 - May 6 with 4247 views89_50

Wycombe on 09:33 - May 6 by Northernr

Were we close to getting him last summer or was it just the usual rumour at the time? Seems like more and more of a missed opportunity and I can't quite understand how we missed out, given our good relationship with Swindon.
Wycombe on 12:23 - May 6 with 4165 viewsNorthantsHoop

Think Ainsworth would do a good job at Rangers, might add a bit of steel to our game, as we get turned over too easily. I'm afraid I don't buy into all this legends stuff, no point being in football at the highest level if you can't put your reputation and history on the line. The better managers and coaches especially British ones, tend to come from being average footballers.
Wycombe on 12:29 - May 6 with 4135 viewsdanehoop

Wycombe on 12:23 - May 6 by NorthantsHoop

Think Ainsworth would do a good job at Rangers, might add a bit of steel to our game, as we get turned over too easily. I'm afraid I don't buy into all this legends stuff, no point being in football at the highest level if you can't put your reputation and history on the line. The better managers and coaches especially British ones, tend to come from being average footballers.

If that were true then I'd expect a lot of ex-QPR players to have coaching Real Madrid by now given how many average players have gone through our books in the past 10 years..

Never knowingly understood

Wycombe on 07:19 - May 7 with 3720 viewsthehat

Ainsworth is magnificent and would love him at Rangers.

I’ve watched Wycombe live a few times this season and love how they play they get the ball wide and get early crosses in the box and all thier players are physical and super fit.

The likes of Dozzel, Amos, Johansen, Chair would not get in a Ainsworth team as they dont play silly triangles in neutral areas.

Sometimes they go short sometimes they go long and they get thier full backs supporting. It really is quite good to watch. Interesting Josh Scowen has also been magnificent in the 4,2,3,1 formation they play.

They have a Division 2 budget so he continues to punch above his weight.

Sadly I think that ship has sailed and he will end up at his beloved Blackburn.
Wycombe on 08:40 - May 7 with 3590 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but every time I've seen his teams I run under my bed and hide. They have to ring my Mom to talk me out of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wycombe on 08:49 - May 7 with 3570 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I don't understand our obsession with style of play. Surely the most important thing for us going forward is winning matches. Last season our style of play (wing backs) didn't match our personnel (slow, injury prone and unable to cross), so surely we need a pragmatic manager who gets the best out of the players we have. Can see him going to Blackburn anyway, where I assume he won't be ordered to put youth players who aren't good enough in the team.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 8:50]
Wycombe on 08:54 - May 7 with 3547 viewsdistortR

Wycombe on 10:07 - May 6 by daveB

or Dykes

No, Austin.
He said hang around, not run around
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024